GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,329 comments
Hopefully they bring bop back for dailys in at least a few races. I just did race A at High Speed Ring in a stock Aqua off p3 and was behind by 10 seconds before the first braking zone.

I get that having options for the tuners is a good thing, and I'll probably have a serious go at it at some point, but the best part about Sport mode previously was the ability to dive in and be as competitive as your driving ability allowed.

Wow, looking forward to all tuned road cars for Race B… it’ll make a change from the usual Gr3/Gr4!

I wonder if we’re as likely to end up with a meta shortlist for each race, or if it’ll be a wide variety…

Wow, looking forward to all tuned road cars for Race B… it’ll make a change from the usual Gr3/Gr4!

I wonder if we’re as likely to end up with a meta shortlist for each race, or if it’ll be a wide variety…
There's almost always a meta in competitive gaming, but I think with the tuning options that we have that it's going to be a 'build' meta rather than specific cars.

As a really basic example, special stage route x always had one car that was the best of the selection, because that car was simply able to reach higher top speeds than the others available to choose from due to power, gearing, and drag. With open tuning the meta is still going to be power, gearing, and drag, but maybe now you can apply that build to a bunch of different cars to achieve very similar laptimes?

Can someone PLEASE tell me if they're allowing us to drive using our H-pattern shifter in Sport mode now? Absolutely hated this change in GTS.

One thing I appreciated about the daily races in GT Sport is how quickly you could jump in and go. Now that tuning is involved, it’s not quite that simple, especially if you want to be competitive. Regardless, I’m still looking forward to this game!
Agree. I hope in 5 'daily races' and not only three, due to have races in which there's no need of tuning: at least 2 races with settings equals to GTSport (Gr 3 Gr 4 auto balanced garage car races)

I am beginning to warm up to the opening of tuning and setups in Sport Mode. Since the restrictions on car classes have been removed, I have a feeling we will start gravitating to one particular car that we like, tune it, set it up and use it long-term, with adjustments made according the regulations of each race. Eventually we will probably have half a dozen road cars all tuned and set up and ready to go. It could end up eliminating the whole meta fiasco. Of course, it's too early for my hypothesis to be tested and if I am wrong on this then we will have a double meta problem: meta car w/ meta tune.

On race cars I would prefer BoP to be activated but I am open to trying setups there. The opening of setups allowed me to be competitive in the farewell season with the WRX whereas under the previous normal circumstances it was not a very competitive car.

Who knows where this big change to Sport Mode will take us. I guess it's worth a try. But I would really like to see one race in the Dailies remain BoP with setup locked.

Last edited:
There's damage! Visual at the very least, but I'm pretty sure there's mechanical damage too considering I hit a wall in qualifying and my damage indicator started flashing. I'm really happy with that, Sport races felt really unrealistic in that regard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me if they're allowing us to drive using our H-pattern shifter in Sport mode now? Absolutely hated this change in GTS.
Unless they found a way to make H-patterns work again without them getting a speed advantage over controller or non-shifter users, I don’t think so.

I like the fact that you can see easily how the tuning affects the PP. At the end of the day it will give everyone the choice of prioritizing different aspects of the car (e.g. great cornering vs top speed, or better brake performance vs better acceleration, etc). Basically we can do whatever we want to the car as long as the PP and weight limit is respected. This should ideally improve the situation about some races becoming merely spec races and everyone using the same car.

Last edited:
Back