GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,351 comments
We definitely took it flat in GTS in qualifying......................
Once in a while I come close, but mostly 3/4 at best.

I’ve found the BMW M6 and the Mustang to have a lot of potential, but I’m still doing best in the 911. I can do almost flat out through the CoD, and it has a shorter stopping distance than most other cars so it helps save some time.

The real problem I’m having is other drivers, as usual. But in all honesty, the slipstream makes the CoD very unpredictable. I’m lifting off in races, which is causing other problems coming out of the chicane. I’m not sure how much I’ll be racing this one this week. I’m faster than ever on it, but I’m also struggling with those stupid wall penalties. I got stuck crossways tonight and got several penalties just trying to turn the right direction. I’m not sure how PD thinks this is worthwhile in any way.

We definitely took it flat in GTS in qualifying......................
It's not the track though, it's just the cars are less grippy. If I reall it was much discussed at the time when they made the changes to the car handling, so it shouldn't be a huge surprise. But I'm definitely tip-toeing through there now, it's more terrifying than ever :lol:

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, really. Awful penalty decision aside, it should be the CoD for a reason, no problems with it being a beast to master.

Last edited:
It's not the track though, it's just the cars are less grippy. If I reall it was much discussed at the time when they made the changes to the car handling, so it shouldn't be a huge surprise. But I'm definitely tip-toeing through there now, it's more terrifying than ever :lol:

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, really. Awful penalty decision aside, it should be the CoD for a reason, no problems with it being a beast to master.
I like that it's challenging, and really different how to master it depending on the car you use. But the penalties are nonsense. As if I weren't punished enough by the time loss and other cars overtaking me left and right after I hit a barrier.

zjn
Looks like PD struggle to get the difference between wall riding and wall crashing
It's not enough to lose those precious seconds when you accidentally hit a wall.
It's not enough to get mechanical damage that makes you struggle to keep the car go straight for the following 30-40s.
No.
You must suffer till the end.
So here's a 1.5s penalty.
Actually, make that 3.
Oh you also unintentionally hit a car in front of you that was already spinning out, but you had no time/space to dodge it?
Here's an additional 4s.
Because **** you, that's why!

Sincerely,

Kaz

The wall penalties are so extreme now that I once came off at the kink (Turn 5 I think into the first hairpin, before the esses), across the sand - significant sand - tapped the wall head-on... 3 second penalty.

Crawling back onto to track with front damage, in last place, with the penalty to serve. Yeah I can see how I deserved that.

The wall penalties are so extreme now that I once came off at the kink (Turn 5 I think into the first hairpin, before the esses), across the sand - significant sand - tapped the wall head-on... 3 second penalty.

Crawling back onto to track with front damage, in last place, with the penalty to serve. Yeah I can see how I deserved that.
The icing on the cake:

On Dragon Trail I lost control of the car after the first chicane and crashed into the wall. 1.5 sec penalty. Then, at full stop on the grass, I had to go back on track. To do so, I had to make a few maneuvres, in first gear and in reverse. I touched the wall during the maneuvre at 1km/h on the grass...and bang...another penalty!!

Amazing Kaz, amazing.

Yeah the penalties are absolutely insane.

I am being matched in the top splits which are a bit beyond me, starting 10th, 11th etc, tough going from there. Race pace seems competitive but I need to find best part of half a second in qualifying.

I did manage a podium in this race littered with A+ drivers though, just call me MOSES.....

I’m far more comfortable in BB (ie. I’m more competitive and have more enjoyable racing at the front) so as soon as I get up to AS I need to get myself back down again.

Wishing Race B was a couple of more laps. Have been doing 37s with the Vision and Benz. I don't know how people drive the Supra that thing feels awful to me. Just bought the Classic green/white Supra from Legendary and might take it into some B lobbies this week.

Didn't think I'd have much fun in this race but the CoD makes for a good bit of nerves leading up to it. Ironically I had an incident on the first chicane taking it too wide and spinning out. First curb is a little tricky.

Once in a while I come close, but mostly 3/4 at best.

I’ve found the BMW M6 and the Mustang to have a lot of potential, but I’m still doing best in the 911. I can do almost flat out through the CoD, and it has a shorter stopping distance than most other cars so it helps save some time.

The real problem I’m having is other drivers, as usual. But in all honesty, the slipstream makes the CoD very unpredictable. I’m lifting off in races, which is causing other problems coming out of the chicane. I’m not sure how much I’ll be racing this one this week. I’m faster than ever on it, but I’m also struggling with those stupid wall penalties. I got stuck crossways tonight and got several penalties just trying to turn the right direction. I’m not sure how PD thinks this is worthwhile in any way.
How in the world do you make the 911 work here? So far the only car I managed a half-decent Q time in is the Mustang. But it kills me every other lap, so I can't use it in a race. So I tried to get going with the 911, because i like how user-friendly it works, but I'm a second slower than with the 'stang.

Has anybody an idea if there's a car which combines the best of both worlds?🧐

How in the world do you make the 911 work here? So far the only car I managed a half-decent Q time in is the Mustang. But it kills me every other lap, so I can't use it in a race. So I tried to get going with the 911, because i like how user-friendly it works, but I'm a second slower than with the 'stang.

Has anybody an idea if there's a car which combines the best of both worlds?🧐
Issue with the 911 is it hated kerbs so corners 2/3 and COD are a problem. Try the Z4, down a bit on power but decent turn in and acceleration, otherwise the AMG.

Yeah the penalties are absolutely insane.

I am being matched in the top splits which are a bit beyond me, starting 10th, 11th etc, tough going from there. Race pace seems competitive but I need to find best part of half a second in qualifying.

I did manage a podium in this race littered with A+ drivers though, just call me MOSES.....

Wow. Please send me the replay from various different angles and some popcorn.🤣

You drove with eyes closed for several seconds, right?😜

Wow. Please send me the replay from various different angles and some popcorn.🤣

You drove with eyes closed for several seconds, right?😜
I cannot understand the recording function on the PS5, it i absolutely schitzo. I could have SWORN i recorded that from three angles but then i see it stopped dead on 1 minute.... NFI why..... other times it records for a full 59 minutes. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

But yeah, kept my foot in it because i knew i'd otherwise get hit from behind, managed t foresee the direction folks would fall off the road but got lucky with one guy ghosting.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.
If you're double-tapping the Create button, it will save the last [x] seconds/minutes according to what you have it set to. Default is 30 seconds.

If you single-tap it you get the option of how much of what's just happened that you want to save, from 15 seconds up to "Full Video" (59:59).

I can’t stand race C. That circuit layout coupled with the horrible understeer characteristics of the meta Subaru are just not a good match. Really poor week from PD this week following from last week. Not worth risking my DR, another week away sigh

If you're double-tapping the Create button, it will save the last [x] seconds/minutes according to what you have it set to. Default is 30 seconds.

If you single-tap it you get the option of how much of what's just happened that you want to save, from 15 seconds up to "Full Video" (59:59).
THis was my understanding, yes. So I have changed my habit of double clicking from the PS4 and now hit the share button once then select "new recording" at the bottom and do the same to end the recording but it stopped dead on a minute last night. Weird. Will try again today.

THis was my understanding, yes. So I have changed my habit of double clicking from the PS4 and now hit the share button once then select "new recording" at the bottom and do the same to end the recording but it stopped dead on a minute last night. Weird. Will try again today.
A better bet is to single tap and select "Save Recent Gameplay" to save the last however much you want, then trim it down from the Media Gallery later.

I am still on track for my journey to A (about 70% thru B) with a 1.47.9 at Serdegna. Been getting into quite a few lobbies full of As because I play late at night and there isnt always enough Bs. Been getting a lot of top 5s and a few podiums. It is a lot easier to follow As thru corners and stay on their tails because I trust they know what they are doing, so I've been fighting from slipstreams a lot more which makes this game a LOT more enjoyable.

And then every once in a while I end up with an A in a lobby with a bunch of Cs and Ds. This particular A seemed to enjoy causing chaos more than racing as he even skips his pit stop so he can go back to 1st and try to wreck everyone a second time. It wasn't even just him. Everyone in this lobby wanted to fight (that's what happens late at night in SR C and D lobbies, I have S so not sure how I ended up here). I stopped counting divebombs, punts, PITs and the sort after lap 4 so I'm not really sure how many people got taken out. Poor Adidas got picked on cuz he was slow, I felt bad for the guy as hes probably a newbie and this had to be horrible for him.

Been enjoying Sardegna this week, but lap 1 is chaos in B/S lobbies. Went from 10th to 3rd yesterday b/c so much fighting/punting on the first lap.

Plus the WRX has so much understeer and the mediums have so little grip (though might be my driving!).

Does the WRX understeer? I slam on the gas pre-apex and still dont hit the wall on exit. I could have swore that if I hit the gas on the final chicane it actually turns me in and I can get a better exit. I thought that was oversteer

Does the WRX understeer? I slam on the gas pre-apex and still dont hit the wall on exit. I could have swore that if I hit the gas on the final chicane it actually turns me in and I can get a better exit. I thought that was oversteer
Yeah, pretty bad to be honest. Really don’t enjoy driving it, especially on this track. Think it may just be the track for me, I hate it. Awful.

If you are trail braking it doesnt understeer too bad until the tires are shot. And yes, it will rotate on throttle when the tires are fresh. I think it's a pretty neutral tune, which I also think why people consider it boring...it drives too well.

I suspect it may understeer more with automatic shifting since engine braking is essentially trail braking.

Last edited:
Back