GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,868 comments
Nice!

What are your ratings on your second account, and how were the lobbies ratings-wise?

I've always had the cleanest races with a medium-to-high DR B rating and lobbies exclusively consisting of B/S players.
It's B/S and very close to being A rated DR. Everyone was the same, with maybe one or two A rated DR players. Everyone was S in sportsmanship

Last edited:
It's B/S and very close to being A rated DR. Everyone was the same, with maybe one or two A rated DR players. Everyone was S in sportsmanship

I'm approaching the same status on my second account; right now I'm right in the middle of DR B, and SR S.

Of course now my second account becomes the main account in my perception. I have to actively fight the rising feeling of having to protect my ratings there.

PD is responsible for me developing a split personality...🤪

I wonder if they’re hoping Christmas will bring a new influx of players, because so far they’re doing all they can to kill off the player base. Five new cars with the new update is not enough to save this game, and the mayhem that’s sure to happen with the post-Christmas bump is going to make things miserable for the online races. If they don’t drastically change the penalty system, or just go back to what it started with, I’m going to bail for a better game. I don’t need a bunch of 12-year-olds who’ve never played before killing my racing experience.

Next week's Race B (Gr4 at Kyoto - Yamagiwa+Miyabi in Reverse RH tires),,, is going to be a mess at the downhill after the 2nd 180 degree turn. It is hard enough to brake in a straight line there without losing the car at the best of times.

It will be chaos on lap 1 every race.... Might be best to lay back and hope to drive through a ghost trail...lol

Next week's Race B (Gr4 at Kyoto - Yamagiwa+Miyabi in Reverse RH tires),,, is going to be a mess at the downhill after the 2nd 180 degree turn. It is hard enough to brake in a straight line there without losing the car at the best of times.

It will be chaos on lap 1 every race.... Might be best to lay back and hope to drive through a ghost trail...lol
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that’s driving me bonkers. It appears to be aimed at a casual crowd that doesn’t really understand racing, which is fine, but they make the World Series and other events run pretty well so why can’t they have weekly events for people who are more serious?!

I’m losing patience with this game. I want to get better and improve my skills. I don’t mind losing to a bunch of A+ drivers because I learn from them. But it’s the random SR A or B guys who ruin those lobbies for me. Why are they there? What kind of stupid sorting system is that?! I can’t learn and get better if I’m getting run off the road. I’m only learning how to be more aggressive and unsportsmanlike. And the penalties aren’t incentivizing good driving, let alone teaching “sportsmanship” at any point after watching their stupid video.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is the kind of stuff that’s driving me bonkers. It appears to be aimed at a casual crowd that doesn’t really understand racing, which is fine, but they make the World Series and other events run pretty well so why can’t they have weekly events for people who are more serious?!

I’m losing patience with this game. I want to get better and improve my skills. I don’t mind losing to a bunch of A+ drivers because I learn from them. But it’s the random SR A or B guys who ruin those lobbies for me. Why are they there? What kind of stupid sorting system is that?! I can’t learn and get better if I’m getting run off the road. I’m only learning how to be more aggressive and unsportsmanlike. And the penalties aren’t incentivizing good driving, let alone teaching “sportsmanship” at any point after watching their stupid video.
I 100% agree with everything you said except one thing: it's not just A/B rated (SR) drivers you need to worry about. Plenty of S rated drivers know how to exploit the penalty system, shoving you off/ punting and getting no penalty for it... It's become lottery, depends on the actual driver next to you being clean or dirty...

I 100% agree with everything you said except one thing: it's not just A/B rated (SR) drivers you need to worry about. Plenty of S rated drivers know how to exploit the penalty system, shoving you off/ punting and getting no penalty for it... It's become lottery, depends on the actual driver next to you being clean or dirty...
Yeah, you’re right. I was trying to hold on to one last little shred of hope and you ruined even that for me! 🤪 But yes, I think I’m getting it worse from the A drivers who are trying to gain positions so they can get to A+ by any means necessary. It’s a ridiculous system.

Out of curiosity, is there such a thing as an A+ driver with less than SR S? I haven’t seen it so I wonder if those A/A guys I’m seeing might be demoted A+ guys . . .

Last edited:
Last whodunnit for the week, my fault or his?

Looking back at it maybe he was more alongside than I thought but in the race I was livid :lol:

My POV then his.

It doesn't look like he made a move to pit maneuver you, but there was room for two and he did nothing to give you the small amount of room that would have prevented this. So, imo not your fault for sure , but hard to tell if him holding that line was intended to unsettle you or not. People are getting pretty good at making it look like you wrecked yourself on their car...... so you'd almost have to have some history on him/her......

Looking back at it maybe he was more alongside than I thought but in the race I was livid :lol:

My POV then his.

I cant look in the guys head, but I would think he was miffed because u didnt give him inside line which he had right to. So decided if thats the game we are playing, I will play along and let it run wide on purpose.

Yeah, you’re right. I was trying to hold on to one last little shred of hope and you ruined even that for me! 🤪 But yes, I think I’m getting it worse from the A drivers who are trying to gain positions so they can get to A+ by any means necessary. It’s a ridiculous system.

Out of curiosity, is there such a thing as an A+ driver with less than SR S? I haven’t seen it so I wonder if those A/A guys I’m seeing might be demoted A+ guys . . .
I've had A+ drivers with A or B before, but matchmaking is more about DR then SR so usually, it doesn't matter if they're dirty and you're clean if both have same DR and not a lot of liquidity in the lobby pools...

My POV then his.

Hmm, did you not see him on your radar? You should have given him more space. But, he does seem to give you a nudge, which is bad sports too.

I cant look in the guys head, but I would think he was miffed because u didnt give him inside line which he had right to. So decided if thats the game we are playing, I will play along and let it run wide on purpose.

Hmm, did you not see him on your radar? You should have given him more space. But, he does seem to give you a nudge, which is bad sports too.
Yeah in the race I didn't think I'd pulled it that tight onto the apex, being a super fast corner it's gone in a flash. I stayed out wide to give him room on exit so I was pretty miffed when it felt like he had shoved me off but on the replay I can see I squeezed him.

I did feel like I was on the racing line though.

I'm sure they won't because they're not bothered anymore but would be nice if they made Le Mans sunset next week

20969991408010146.jpg

It looks a little shady on his part. Turn the display fully on and you can see his steering/brake/ throttle inputs and that can tell the whole story 🍻
Agreed, something similar happened to me on Friday but he ended up losing control of his own car rather then push me off 🤣

On a separate and positive note, finally had some luck on my main account 🎉

Attachments

• 18502a8791481-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18502a8791481-screenshotUrl.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm kind of stunned right now. My best qualifying time for this week's Daily Race B was set on Thursday at 1:37.271. Couldn't seem to budge it, although yesterday I got to 37.200. I was pretty sure I'd maxed out my best time, no matter what car I tried. Especially since this is Sunday, so I've had the entire week to get as good as I'm going to get.

At least, that's what I thought.

Then out of the blue comes a 1:36.158. That's more than a second faster! I was so stunned I just sat there and stared. Remember, this is Sunday - gaining a second like this is kind of unthinkable, especially since I didn't try any new tactics or lines. I didn't have a ghost up, so I had no idea until I crossed the finish line. Especially since I messed up the final horseshoe. And now, at least a half hour later, I'm still stunned. Pleased as all get out, but stunned.

I watched my replay, and up until the chicane I drove about as well as I could possibly imagine. The chicane was pretty decent, and I was able to stay in 5th gear. But like I said earlier, I thought I had totally messed up the last turn, but I guess it was one of those drifting corners that just happened to work out - I'm not really sure.

Here's my times:
Gran Turismo® 7_20221211142757.jpg

Here's the lap, although I'm not sure anyone besides me will want to watch it, LOL.:

My POV then his.

His fault, he's behind and there's no reason for you to leave 3rd place to him. You follow your trajectory and he inevitably pushes your right back end by trying to get ahead at all costs. It's physics. What did he expect to happen? I would have anticipated this by NOT trying to get side by side with you in that corner....lift the accelerator/brake and get behind you safely. For me what he did is the definition of dirty driving, and being stupid.

Someone above said there's space for two. There isn't. If he gets on top of the kerb with 3-4 wheels at a certain speed he would lose traction and fly off (didn't happen in GT Sport though, it was a very fluid 90 degrees corner)

Last edited:

My POV then his.

could be anything from dirty, to perceived payback, to netcode really.

Both of you were on really tight lines into that corner and I know taking that much curb can really unsettle the car, then he's kinda jerky after leaving the curb. kinda wanna chalk that up to 2 into 1.5 doesn't go well.

Either of you could have backed off, you could have taken a slighly wider line through the corner, he could perhaps have been more controlled post curb hop.

The more I watch it though the more I'd say you pinched him further down than was absolutely necessary. Headed into that corner he had his front tire at your rear quarter panel, which can be argued gives him right for space on the racing surface...

ultimately it's a racing incident that either of you could have avoided either by backing out or you giving more room

My POV then his.

Sorry mate, he had some overlap, you cut across his nose, he had nowhere to go.

Once someone has overlap there , or even a good run on you, you should swing left and defend. It's extremely tough to pass on the outside through the left hander.

Last edited:
I can't even qualify for race A and it doesn't even tell me specifically why.

It doesn't say anything about tire restrictions and the only thing that can get low enough pp is the stock engine. I'm most likely taking this week off from the Weekly Races. Hours of tuning and practice for a race I apparently don't know how to do is more than enough.

I can't even qualify for race A and it doesn't even tell me specifically why.

It doesn't say anything about tire restrictions and the only thing that can get low enough pp is the stock engine. I'm most likely taking this week off from the Weekly Races. Hours of tuning and practice for a race I apparently don't know how to do is more than enough.

Widebody?

Just ran a few Daily C at Le Sarthe. Love Gr1 there, but the 919 not so much. Still, tried once from the back and simply got smashed around and rammed off too much. Qualified and have had much better races. Including getting a 3 second lead and then spinning off. Still clawed back a p2.

Then got 2 wins in lobbies that had @Stephan In them. Managed to recover after someone banged around slightly at the start and caught up to @Stephan in the lead and sneak past while he had to serve the traditional track cut penalty. Manged to hold on in the end. Next race I was sloppy and just barely holding p4 when all of a sudden end of lap 3 all but 1 in front of me pit. Next lap the last guy pits. Suddenly I'm cruising with a 6 second lead. So of course I get super cautious, sloppy and nearly blow it, including getting a penalty and nearly crashing on the final chicane, but held on for win 2 of the night.

Now if I can just get a full clean race since I'm still SR A after the war zone of the first lobby of the night

Back