GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,377 comments
Probably the most important assist for me is the braking zone marker. I would be SR E without it.
Instead of multi-tasking, I get singularly focused on the other cars I'm racing, and lose track of when I'm supposed to brake. :banghead:
Having the reminder is huuuuge for me.

I'm not the least bit ashamed of using assists.
M.E.T.A. means Most Effective Tool Available. If the tools are effective, by all means, use them. 👍
Indeed I still use the racing line, even though I know most of the tracks off by heart with years of experience. Mostly because in GT the line is unobtrusive, it's not flashing multicoloured and 3D like some, lol.

It gives me an immediate reference, loosely, of where I should be if I've lost concentration and aids me greatly in consistency from lap to lap.

It's not a case of following it all, it's like having a reference on screen showing me relative distance etc. so I can use it as another marker.

Have to say and I have no idea if it's controversial or not, but I find Bugatti's to be among the ugliest cars ever made and it pains me to drive on around Le Mans but this livery from @Papa_Lazarou does it make it somewhat bearable.

Fna_60vWIAAhUyy.jpg

Fna_7ItXkAoLjDo.jpg

Fna_7eLXoAADlBr.jpg

The cockpit view, I don't know if it's real or not, is extremely useful though

Fna_7z4WYAASAWY.jpg

If anyone is interested in my new forum please click on link above.

I had a time at the Daily race C the other day at noon. Finished dead last (9th). About 5 racers quit, there were 14 total so I ended up finishing 9th. The rain does come out on Lap 4-5 so it makes it hard to navigate the turns. I did not pit so I got a strange message in red saying that I was gonna be disqualified for not pitting. I don't think thats fair when I had plenty of fuel left and my tires weren't worn down.

Did 6 races at Laguna Seca, had more fun there. Managed to pull a 1'23.920 time. The Watkins Glen races are awesome, only 4 laps at the short track which is a breeze for me. Placed in the top 5 for about 3 races.

Last edited:
I really like this weeks race A, but i am struggling to hit my pace today. Still having fun clean races though, so who cares if I'm dropping 3 or 4 places in each race lol

Not sure what the name is here but had two great although brief moments on track with a fellow gtp member. A higher place, I'm sorry i can't remember your forum name or am typing it wrong to @ you. But it was nice to see a fellow gtp member on track, and nice clean passes both times 🍻

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but the codes we used in GT Sport still work for GT7.
You can add symbols or country flags to your pre and post-race greetings.

Last edited:
OMG, I am so disappointed that Daily Race C has brought out the bad/ dirtiest racers yet, in the four or so races this morning 8am-1030am there were one or two on the Mulsanne straight brake checking / side swiping anyone in their range, then they would punt you off on the corner and at Indianapolis. Totally disrespectful of anyone wanting a decent race.
Videos forthcoming....

OMG, I am so disappointed that Daily Race C has brought out the bad/ dirtiest racers yet, in the four or so races this morning 8am-1030am there were one or two on the Mulsanne straight brake checking / side swiping anyone in their range, then they would punt you off on the corner and at Indianapolis. Totally disrespectful of anyone wanting a decent race.
Videos forthcoming....
So I was not alone! I was surprised to see a sea of SR: C drivers after having been racing with SR: S all other days (I'm SR: S myself). And boy, they were so dirty!

Have to say and I have no idea if it's controversial or not, but I find Bugatti's to be among the ugliest cars ever made and it pains me to drive on around Le Mans but this livery from @Papa_Lazarou does it make it somewhat bearable.

View attachment 1225849

View attachment 1225850

View attachment 1225851

View attachment 1225852
I mean you're not wrong. It is the ugliest jelly bean I've ever seen. Goes like a bat out of hell though.

Gotta say now that people have chillaxed a bit and learned how to draft Le Mans is a lot more fun.
Had a race today, started 3rd behind two Lambos. Damp circuit (just over the first bar, not the bottom bar) so i knew I had to be ginger going into Mulsanne Corner.

I was not ginger enough on throttle though. Definitely was leading coming out of the corner because everyone ahead went off and most behind did too. But hit the gas and spun. 1st to 11th in literally seconds.

Ok, recovery drive time nbd I can do this. Get a partner or two and run up through the field....

OH WAIT NO!
Nobody, and I mean nobody, around me was capable of bump drafting or hanging with me on the straight coming out of Tetre Rouge. Ok. doing this the hard way I guess.
I clawed my way from 11th, 15 seconds off the lead, to 6th by the start of Lap 5 by pure pace alone, setting fastest lap on Lap 4. FINALLY hooked up with the 5th place car exiting the Ford Chicane. Ok, all I have to do is hang with them till Mulsanne nbd... PENALTY FOR ME :(

Ok, fine, whatever, lets just go wicked fast. Start drafting with a lovely gent in a black and red Viper and we're chasing down the Lambo ahead of us in 2nd. Catch him half way down Mulsanne, we blast into 2nd and 3rd respectively.

I go for the heavy braking dive into Mulsanne Corner. Don't get the job done but he gives space and I keep it tight. He gets a slightly better run out of Mulsanne than I do but we're both ahead of the Lambo. Ok, draft into Indy and try it there.

Get the job done into Indy but he draws along side into Arnage. I have a .5 second penalty to serve, he's carrying a .5 penalty that will be applied post race.

He passes me while I serve, so does the Lambo. I follow nose to tail through the Porsche Curves and exiting them at Maison Blanche the Lambo in front is slow, the Viper is wide, and there is, to my estimation, a Viper Sized Gap between the two of them so POOF I slide into it. Unfortunately I run wide. Screw it in for a penny in for a pound. Hammer down, pass the Lambo. I have a 1 second penalty now that will be applied post race. IDC b/c I'm in 2nd now on track. 4th has a full second to be applied post race too b/c they went wide. Only the Lambo to beat and if I can get a 1.01 second gap by the line I'll finish in 2nd.

Ford Chicane = Flawless
Final little right left flick = Flawless.

Gap at the line:................ .899
I finish 3rd, best recovery drive I've ever had anywhere, and we finished less than 9 seconds behind the leader. I'm convinced if I had a drafting partner before Lap 4 we'd have been competing for the win.
God I love this circuit. Please PD give me 24 hours here!

So this is what Daily Race C can to your DR/SR this week.

This is a world tour driver too. Baptiste got a DR reset

C2676F61-08B1-4A7C-81E2-AC2F27EE9EBC.jpeg376FF725-0253-49D5-A991-D6559A134CD3.jpeg

I’ve seen a few people say that too heavy contacts in the bump drafting is causing people to lose SR.
Anyone else had DR resets this weeks?

So, I continue to be a moron at Laguna. Coming into lap 5, I was P2 with a 2 second gap ahead of P3. (P1 was way the hell ahead.) I told myself "OK, nothing stupid." Right before I hork up the first turn and end up in the gravel.

But I got out of the gravel, now I'm P3, and P4 is 2.5 seconds behind. No problem. "OK, nothing stupid." I eff up the very last turn and end up in the gravel again, and barely hold on to end up P7.

If anyone remembers Phil Mickelson's great comment after throwing away the 2006 US Open, that's me.
Probably the most important assist for me is the braking zone marker. I would be SR E without it.
Instead of multi-tasking, I get singularly focused on the other cars I'm racing, and lose track of when I'm supposed to brake. :banghead:
Having the reminder is huuuuge for me.
That's 100% true for me, for the exact reason you stated. My ADD is terrible, and if I could get the braking zone to reach out and slap me, I'd take it.
I'm not the least bit ashamed of using assists.
M.E.T.A. means Most Effective Tool Available. If the tools are effective, by all means, use them. 👍
Love that definition of the acronym. I'm a woodworker, and I firmly believe in the right tool for the job.
no worries my man. absolutely nothing wrong with being happy with your pace. I just thought I would put it out there, as it was one of the things that helped me get faster/better. I'm no where near the fastest guy out there, but I want to be the best I can be. I don't often feel like I have much to offer here, so I jumped on the chance lol
Cool - I'm glad you took it the right way. It's so hard to communicate when you can't see each other, and I stick my foot in it regularly, so that's why I explained things the way I did.
Indeed I still use the racing line, even though I know most of the tracks off by heart with years of experience. Mostly because in GT the line is unobtrusive, it's not flashing multicoloured and 3D like some, lol.

It gives me an immediate reference, loosely, of where I should be if I've lost concentration and aids me greatly in consistency from lap to lap.

It's not a case of following it all, it's like having a reference on screen showing me relative distance etc. so I can use it as another marker.
That's a great explanation of how I use the racing line also. I couldn't find words for it, but your description is spot-on.
1st to 11th in literally seconds.
I ****ing HATE when that happens. It happened to me twice today (at least) at Laguna. OK, I wasn't first, more like P2 or 3, but it's the same feeling. Watching everyone going by me while simultaneous exclaiming what a complete moron I am. (Just to be clear, I am the one doing the exclaiming. The other drivers were thinking "Good - one less person ahead of me.")
I finish 3rd, best recovery drive I've ever had anywhere, and we finished less than 9 seconds behind the leader.
That's an awesome feeling. I did something almost as good at Laguna, and it was a better feeling than winning. OK, maybe not. But it felt good!

View attachment 1226292View attachment 1226293

I’ve seen a few people say that too heavy contacts in the bump drafting is causing people to lose SR.
I wondered what was going on. I've encountered a few GTWS/ very high A+ drivers like Wind in Race B, all with like a A | B rating. Something must be up.

I wondered what was going on. I've encountered a few GTWS/ very high A+ drivers like Wind in Race B, all with like a A | B rating. Something must be up.
Yeah I’ve seen a fair few top drivers all with low DR the last few days.
The impression I get from these drivers is track limit penalties and the contact from the bump drafting, the game thinks you are been a dirty driver.

That's awesome Grumpy, I'm hoping to hit The Zone today. I did 50 miles Tuesday and landed a 23.030. Jumped on for a few laps this morning and pulled a 22.6 quickly.

I also using Racing Points assists. Blind Corner? What blind corner? No seriously, those giant yellow arrows help out so much!
I started using these yellow arrows, too. But, they're not for me so much as everyone else on the track. Meaning, I use the bumper cam so when I am right behind the car in front, I can't see much of anything other than the car in front's arse. If nothing else, I can typically see those yellow dot/arrows coming up and it keeps me from rear ending the car in front as we hit the next braking point.

I would like to give a shoutout to these fellows for having a great and clean close battle for 4 laps straight, constantly swapping positions:
mpthekidd
Mr_Jeeks (he saw my message post-race and acknowledged them, made me happy)

View attachment 1225849

View attachment 1225850

View attachment 1225851

View attachment 1225852

Compared to electric cars the Bugatti looks like peak 90's Cindy Crawford.

View attachment 1226292View attachment 1226293

Not a DR reset but my SR went from A/S at Road Atlanta to low C at Le Mans and while I do generally mess up a lot I don't mess up that much. My DR was B and is still B

Not only the bump drafts but knuckleheads doing brake checks when trying to lightly bump dropped my SR to B and my DR dropped to bottom of C

Not where else to post this...

Apparently the word "happened" is on the prohibited list.

I like to upload certain races during the post race lobby with my instant reaction in the comments, for posterity.

It took me ages to whittle down what the offending word could be

What an up-and-down day at Laguna! Lots of fun, but several times my wife thought someone must have shot me or something, with the way I was hollering. What can I say? I'm Grumpy!

Last race dropped my SR to A. Surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Chronological, with the most recent race at the top:
1674779214460.png

Details on how this information was obtained can be found here.

@Leon Kowalski

You sick or something this week?! 🤣
Actually: yes, I am. :D

Have to say and I have no idea if it's controversial or not, but I find Bugatti's to be among the ugliest cars ever made
Controversial or not, you are right (I'm still wondering why it has a toilet seat on the front. Maybe some kind of "I bet that the boss doesn't notice" joke? 😆)

On the other hand, this is also true:
Compared to electric cars the Bugatti looks like peak 90's Cindy Crawford.

"I hope you die in a fire" is still allowed. :D
The german version of "what the hell is wrong with you?" goes through as well. :D

Back