GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,351 comments
About to enter my first Willow race of the week.
Gonna go with the alt account, and start at the back. I'll try 1 lap RH, 14 RM.
Feeling unusually anxious. I think because my expectations are high.

I know how to take the edge off. 🍺🍺🍺
What car did you go with?
Yeah that's what I settled on, 1st gear with TC at 1 but I still lost spots every time for some reason.
Thanks for your reply thought!
This may be too obvious, but you’re starting with the brake on, right?

What car did you go with?

This may be too obvious, but you’re starting with the brake on, right?
The Audi TT.
It went well. I got by everybody. Probably because it's only Monday, and nobody else spent the weekend practicing. :crazy:
By the time Wednesday rolls around, I'm sure it won't be so easy.

Last edited:
I actually loved A but didn’t race it much after I had a string of victories as it was a non DR/SR race so I invested my time in C instead. That proved fruitful, even though I was never able to replicate my 2:14 QT after getting it. My consistency was in the 2:17s with spurts in the 2:16s and 2:15s (but never race).

For next week I’ll probably skip Willow Springs as well. Really don’t like that course…

I ended up doing another Race C and came in 4th, where I started. Based on kudosprime I gained 840 pts. That would make sense as most of the field was B rated and I was the highest C.

View attachment 1228593

The Sileighties are fast and have much better brakes than my car. Makes me wonder how much better I could have done with that... Though realistically, my car was pretty strong. It just needed a better driver.. LOL.
That’s me in P2. Haha. That was a good race.

The Audi TT.
It went well. I got by everybody. Probably because it's only Monday, and nobody else spent the weekend practicing. :crazy:
By the time Wednesday rolls around, I'm sure it won't be so easy.
Hard to medium seems to be the best strategy, changing at the end of lap 1. I did 2 races today, started P11 in the first, got knocked down to last place on the first lap, and still finished second. Started P8 in the second, finished P2 again - the guy in P1 in both races had no QT, pitted at the same time as me to get rid of the hards, but was way faster than anyone else!

And I guess, as an AT user like me, you had to use the fuel map to save fuel?

That’s me in P2. Haha. That was a good race.
So you were pole? I never got near you. It was a good race trying to hold off MuffinMan and Nickel 5. 👍

I just did some QT for Race B. Tried various cars but my favorite right now is the Porsche RSR. Currently at a 1:34.995 but sectors indicate I should be able to get to low 1:34s. Need more practice that's not a mid (ahem) work day...

Last edited:
No gap, just another dirty impatient driver.
Gap is very generous!

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 19.49.16.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 19.49.31.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 19.49.46.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 19.49.58.png

No brake, had the gas pedal floored and wasn't getting any wheel spin
Any time I do a grid start I tend to do much better than the people around me. I stand on the brake and accelerator on TC1 and at lights out I let off the brake. As soon as I get rolling I turn to TC0 and off I go. Tigney will use the e-brake in the same way, but I don’t have that button mapped.

Hard to medium seems to be the best strategy, changing at the end of lap 1. I did 2 races today, started P11 in the first, got knocked down to last place on the first lap, and still finished second. Started P8 in the second, finished P2 again - the guy in P1 in both races had no QT, pitted at the same time as me to get rid of the hards, but was way faster than anyone else!

And I guess, as an AT user like me, you had to use the fuel map to save fuel?
No. Had to use M/T.
It's one of those rare races, when I know I must use M/T to be competitive.

Here is some of the action from my second race. I started last.
The clip starts at the end of lap 14, where myself and the other driver have to pit.
He screwed something up in the turn before the pits, because he slowed down too much. Anyhow, we enter the pits side-by-side, and leave the pits the same way.
Approaching the final turn, I knew he wouldn't let me get to his inside, so I gambled with a wide line.
It almost worked, but I went just a tiny bit too fast.
Instead of second, I got fourth. But it was still pretty darn fun. 👍

I'll start the next race from the front, and see how that works out. :confused:

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230206-122419_Chrome.jpg

Right at this moment, with about .1 secs to make a decision, what is your suggestion that he do?

It looks to me like the guy in front, who I just witnessed put his tires off track and is going slower is leaving a gap to his right. You closed that gap as he approached it, going faster than you were.

Is he just supposed to drive as slowly as a car with dirty tires, even though his are clean? Further, why punish him for your mistake?

I'm hopeful for Race B this week. Didn't have time to play last week and today had 30 min after work to try out the cars.

Didn't drive the meta GT-R yet but happy with the times using Supra GT500 and the Porsche. Can improve for sure but will continue tomorrow and enter a few races as well 🙂

Attachments

• 18627bb419d49-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18627bb419d49-screenshotUrl.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 186281a94fe74-screenshotUrl.jpg
    186281a94fe74-screenshotUrl.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 8
@GrumpyOldMan I'm coming for you old man. First qualy time today: 1:36:xxx
Last qualy time today: 1:33:9xx

I'm approx 5 tenths off of you. I'll get there tonight. What car are you using? I'm finding the most speed with the BRZ. Then Mercedes, then Porsche. Might give whatever you're on a shot :D

Looks like Race B this week. I don't mind gardens in reverse though I suspect it'll be a 911 fest. Wondering what else will work? McLaren? Z4?
The GT-R appears to be the META but I don't get on with it. Very happy with the 911. The Huracan appears to be pretty quick around there as well.

EDIT: I just uploaded my QT replay for Dragon Trail, 1:32.640 in the V12 Vantage. It's in Showcase, search for tag "gtp6". It's not pretty, but it may help some of you. Or not.

GrumpyOldMan: "Get Off Mah Lawn!
No, as someone else pointed out a while ago, it's "Get off my Line!" :lol:
Carnage behind me, lots of being spun or almost spun at the hair pin and at T1,
Don't forget this is the first day. It always takes a couple of days for people to get used to the track, especially on RHs.
I'm hopeful for Race B this week. Didn't have time to play last week and today had 30 min after work to try out the cars.

Didn't drive the meta GT-R yet but happy with the times using Supra GT500 and the Porsche. Can improve for sure but will continue tomorrow and enter a few races as well 🙂
Looks like Race B this week. I don't mind gardens in reverse though I suspect it'll be a 911 fest. Wondering what else will work? McLaren? Z4?
The GT-R appears to be the META but I don't get on with it.
I don't get along with the GT-R on this track, either. Loving the V12 Vantage - it just fits me perfectly.
@GrumpyOldMan I'm coming for you old man. First qualy time today: 1:36:xxx
Last qualy time today: 1:33:9xx

I'm approx 5 tenths off of you. I'll get there tonight. What car are you using? I'm finding the most speed with the BRZ. Then Mercedes, then Porsche. Might give whatever you're on a shot :D
[Begin teasing mode] Yeah, good luck with that. I'm at 1:32.640 now, which is more than 1 1/4 seconds faster than you. And there's plenty more there, because I'm still not clean through the opening left-handers, and I'm also a hack at the back chicane (do we call it a chicane?). I'm not too worried, but bring it on! :lol: :cheers:

Last edited:
So you were pole? I never got near you. It was a good race trying to hold off MuffinMan and Nickel 5. 👍

I just did some QT for Race B. Tried various cars but my favorite right now is the Porsche RSR. Currently at a 1:34.995 but sectors indicate I should be able to get to low 1:34s. Need more practice that's not a mid (ahem) work day...
Yes I was on pole. I fumbled it about half way though the race I believe. I knew Muffin was fast cuz I raced him before during the week.

Haven’t tried race B or C yet this week. Only did a couple races quick in A.

No, as someone else pointed out a while ago, it's "Get off my Line!" :lol:

Don't forget this is the first day. It always takes a couple of days for people to get used to the track, especially on RHs.

I don't get along with the GT-R on this track, either. Loving the V12 Vantage - it just fits me perfectly.

[Begin teasing mode] Yeah, good luck with that. I'm at 1:32.640 now, which is more than 1 1/4 seconds faster than you. And there's plenty more there, because I'm still not clean through the opening left-handers, and I'm also a hack at the back chicane (do we call it a chicane?). I'm not too worried, but bring it on! :lol: :cheers:
you absolute monster 🍻

edit: I was on a 1:32:xx lap before my last race but ran out of time before I could complete it. Started on pole and lead wire to wire for the win. Biggest gap was 6 seconds smallest (post start) was about 3 seconds at the finish because I bobbled going for fastest lap into the hairpin.

GT-R was fast here, probably my closest competition. The BRZ definitely has a 1:32 in it for me, a skilled driver could maybe get a 1:31, maybe? I feel like I'm leaving a lot of time on the table through T1, the long triple left, the hairpin, and the chicane.

Last edited:
Race C, which is a better strategy with Audi TT?
  • Fuel-saving, 14 laps RM + 1 lap RH
  • No fuel-saving, 11 laps RM + 4 laps RH

How much does fuel-saving cost you in lap times? If you are 1 sec/lap slower with hards, then fuel-saving shouldn't add more than 0,2 sec/lap to be a better strategy. 🤔

Last edited:
Back