GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,473 comments
@TheNormsk yes, you can feel free to send me a friend request, I'm always interested to see the laptimes from fellow GTP members, my PSN ID is benjoi84

I had my very own vigilante moment on Race A late last night (3am lobbies so I don't know why I'm surprised). Qualified P2 and watched in horror as 3rd place shoved the pole sitter straight into the dirt on turn 1. Cue me catching them on turn 2 and swiftly returning the favour 👿

Not normally my style, but I was looking forward to the race with P1 as they were the only other DR A driver there. The pre-race comments reflected that fact.

As it turns out, neither them nor the other GB driver on the track did particularly well, it seemed like whenever they got close to passing the guys behind me, there was an incident and they fell down the order. The dirty guy from turn 1 was fast enough and it's such a shame that it wasn't paired with clean racing so we were all denied a fun race.

So looks like I’ve lost that buzz for GT7 at the minute. Not sure what it is, whether it’s the daily race combos, or the driving standards or the fact I’ve been playing ACC more that I’ve just lost interest, but I just have.

Been 2/3 weeks now where I’ve had little interest in doing the daily races.
Daily C - weather race at Le Mans was fun for a few races, and I totally understood why people loved it, but for me it was boring. As soon as I lost the slipstream the races was just boring. Last weeks Tuning race at Suzuka, not a huge fan of tuning, but also was disappointing to see you couldn’t even buy all the useable cars for that race. This weeks, I’m not fan a huge of Gr4 cars to start with and also not a huge fan of the track.
Daily B - last weeks daily at Deep Forest was fun and was quite fun driving the non metas (4wd) and trying to beat the others. Week before at Laguna Sega I don’t know why I didn’t do many races in that. Think it the same reason why I won’t do many this week. Think I’m just bored of the game at the minute.

Last time I had proper fun on this game was the Xmas and new year weeks.

I don't know how you guys drive the Aston in race B, the rear end just refuses to stick on exit. Cannot make it work for the life of me. I tried a lot of cars last night and TBH there's quite a few that are very close to each other.

I actually turned my fastest Q lap in the Z4, it has poor top end but LEAPS out of corners. I ran a 32.1 so being thrown in with the aliens in the top split LOL. I got the RCZ, Lancer and 911 all under 32.5 with the Lancer the most likely to match the Z4 for me. I did two races with the Lancer as it felt the most settled of the faster cars (for me) and finished 5th and 3rd in the top splits (mostly by keeping my nose clean, i can't race with A+ guys) so it's competitive.

I'd definitely try the Lancer if you haven't yet.

One thing I have noticed in my two races, the A+ guys are on another level. Their ability to rotate means they really do scamper away from the A drivers. In both my races I beat my fellow A drivers but we were bunched pretty tight, the A+ guys were SECONDS up the road.

Without sounding like a ****, watching a few videos you guys posted, you're attacking the right hander at the end of the long straight too much. Slow down a bit, be sure to keep wide so you can attack the next right hander, that's the key one. It's like the chicane at the end of kemmel, you forgo speed into the left hander so you can attack the right hander onto the short straight.

Last edited:
Race A is a one make (usually with road cars) so it's only that car.

Was the best race of the three back in GT Sport but a month or two after 7 came out they got rid of DR/SR Updates for it, which killed off half of its playerbase and made it pointless to race.

To this day I think it's the worst decision they ever made with GT7.

I'm aware you might have been joking but I'm always up for a moan about Daily A!
:gtpflag:
What, worst decision? I think it was quite a good one, I’ve definitely enjoyed my time in unranked daily A. And do you have any basis for "killed off half of its playerbase"?

I made no attempt to save fuel. I was just going flat-out with A/T, redlining every gear.
I just did 5 custom races, mimicking the race settings for tomorrow's race. 😩

First was the Toyota 86 with A/T, & FM2. 20:15 was the race time. I came up a bit short, and had to go with FM6 at the very end.
Then, the 86 again, but with M/T & FM1. 20:08 race time. Very little short-shifting needed. Shifting just a hair before red line.
Then, I did the WRX. M/T with FM1. 20:05 race time. Much earlier shifting that the Toyota.
Then, I did the TT, M/T with FM1. 19:59 race time. Again, pretty early shifting.
Last one I did was the Scirocco. M/T, FM1. 20:00 race time. I didn't save much at the beginning, and had to back way off on the last couple of laps. It is definitely capable of beating the Audi. VW is probably my favorite car for the race. It's not a powerhouse, but it is incredible through the high speed curves. 👍

There are probably a few cars that will be really good, which I didn't try the race with. Subaru is once again solid, but certainly not the meta. Alfa 155 will be useless.

I think Audi TT will be my qualifier.

P.S. Folks, be on your best behavior at the Willow. A revenge punt will send you very, very far off the track. :scared:
To be honest mate did alright with the 155 then switched to the audi, but hadn't considered the vw will try that next 🤛🏽

What, worst decision? I think it was quite a good one, I’ve definitely enjoyed my time in unranked daily A. And do you have any basis for "killed off half of its playerbase"?
Well the last ones I did, I ended up racing with some A* aliens and I’m a very lowly B. Never happens in any other of the races, daily or GTWS.

I even crashed into one of those aliens, he’s here a lot - was too embarrassed to say sorry at the time (and it was on the anonymous backup anyway).

Well the last ones I did, I ended up racing with some A* aliens and I’m a very lowly B. Never happens in any other of the races, daily or GTWS.

I even crashed into one of those aliens, he’s here a lot - was too embarrassed to say sorry at the time (and it was on the anonymous backup anyway).
Yeah but from what I recall GT Sport daily A wasn’t too different in that sense, it wasn’t uncommon to see one or two A+ against a field of low A or B and even lower than that. I particularly remember a certain Spanish guy who spent half his days doing that one against lesser skilled ones all day and picked up north of 10,000 wins that way. A just doesn’t interest as many A+ as daily B or C, ranked or unranked.

Yeah, you did crash into me during the Alpine race in Sardegna at the final corner. I’m pretty sure that was on your main, but it’s all good. ;)

Yeah but from what I recall GT Sport daily A wasn’t too different in that sense, it wasn’t uncommon to see one or two A+ against a field of low A or B and even lower than that. I particularly remember a certain Spanish guy who spent half his days doing that one against lesser skilled ones all day and picked up north of 10,000 wins that way. A just doesn’t interest as many A+ as daily B or C, ranked or unranked.

Yeah, you did crash into me during the Alpine race in Sardegna at the final corner. I’m pretty sure that was on your main, but it’s all good. ;)
I didn't actually mean you - clearly I need to be a bit more careful, I'm hitting everybody :scared:

Sorry, by the way. Don’t remember that incident but I’m sure it was not on purpose, don’t think I got that corner right all week. I’m just surprised I was anywhere near that far into the lap. I kept seeing you disappear off into the distance.

Last edited:
I lived in daily A on gts, because i love road cars and spec racing. It's hard to prove unless you can access the actual numbers, but i would absolutely say they killed race A since 90% of the people i raced with basically everyday, do not touch it now. It honestly makes zero sense to me that they made that change. Adding a fourth race with no dr/sr perhaps isn't a bad idea, but as it stands now, race A isn't even worth looking at for the majority of us who used to love it

I lived in daily A on gts, because i love road cars and spec racing. It's hard to prove unless you can access the actual numbers, but i would absolutely say they killed race A since 90% of the people i raced with basically everyday, do not touch it now. It honestly makes zero sense to me that they made that change. Adding a fourth race with no dr/sr perhaps isn't a bad idea, but as it stands now, race A isn't even worth looking at for the majority of us who used to love it
See I don't mind it as one of the three options. It's less pressure and I am more willing to try a kooky car if it's just fun. Also the lobbies are borderline unusable due to lag so there's nowhere else t just have some fun.

Another week, a new set, and more of the same. Gr.4, Gr.3 and a car of choice. Too much fun or maybe not, some frustration, "aliens" are more than many and it's not fair to run with these kind of people.
Rally is unthinkable, electric cars are to stay in the garage, VGT no way. After all why are there in Gran Turismo?
Until now, I don't have an answer.

So looks like I’ve lost that buzz for GT7 at the minute. Not sure what it is, whether it’s the daily race combos, or the driving standards or the fact I’ve been playing ACC more that I’ve just lost interest, but I just have.

Been 2/3 weeks now where I’ve had little interest in doing the daily races.
Daily C - weather race at Le Mans was fun for a few races, and I totally understood why people loved it, but for me it was boring. As soon as I lost the slipstream the races was just boring. Last weeks Tuning race at Suzuka, not a huge fan of tuning, but also was disappointing to see you couldn’t even buy all the useable cars for that race. This weeks, I’m not fan a huge of Gr4 cars to start with and also not a huge fan of the track.
Daily B - last weeks daily at Deep Forest was fun and was quite fun driving the non metas (4wd) and trying to beat the others. Week before at Laguna Sega I don’t know why I didn’t do many races in that. Think it the same reason why I won’t do many this week. Think I’m just bored of the game at the minute.

Last time I had proper fun on this game was the Xmas and new year weeks.
I'm kinda in the same boat. Last couple of weeks I have been a struggle. Pushed through it last week with QT but the race kinda killed my enthusiasm. Haven't even switched it on this week yet. Hopefully I get out of my rut!

I don't know how you guys drive the Aston in race B, the rear end just refuses to stick on exit. Cannot make it work for the life of me.
TCS 1. You won't get your license pulled for using it. :lol: The replay of one of the QT leaders used TCS 1.
Anyone tried the Lambo or Audi in race B?
For me, the Lambo slid too much. Probably just my lack of skill. I didn't try it for long, though, so maybe I'd change my mind if I used it again.

I'm trying to get consistent with the V12. The car is great - the problem is me. If I concentrate really hard, I can usually keep within a half second of my best time, every Q lap. But the moment my mind wanders a little, I start driving poorly again, and it's because of bad habits I've developed over time. But I'll get it down, eventually.
I'm kinda in the same boat. Last couple of weeks I have been a struggle. Pushed through it last week with QT but the race kinda killed my enthusiasm. Haven't even switched it on this week yet. Hopefully I get out of my rut!
I admit to feeling some of that too. But this week's Daily Race B is on a track I like, so hopefully that will help. In last week's B, once I got behind, I could never catch up. That's not fun at all. This week looks like it might be different. Fingers crossed.

I mean, have you actually paid attention to the splits?

In GT Sport (and early 7, and when they had the one week with ranked in May(?)) you'd have competitive splits up and down the field as you do in any other race. The only exception now really is when they do a tuning race or group race, which attracts more people.

I'm challenged to find a one make race with more than one other A+ driver now, no matter the time of day. It's not a hard conclusion to make.
I'm sure you'd be having just as much fun with the race if it was ranked. I enjoy my time there now because the combinations are good but the competitiveness of the race is absolutely dead and buried because of course they would be with no ranking incentive.

Back