GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,055 comments
How'd you find 9!!!
Gr2 cars may look hard to drive but it isnt truth. In fact they are a lot easier to drive than N cars or even gr3... Downforce is very high which allows to push them very hard. Try to turn all assists off, they are only slowing you down... Im not very fast but managed to set 2.03,7xx in GTR, still some tenths lost in few places...

My wife is literally like this. She has a fantastic memory, and she remembers things back to when she was 2 or 3 years old. She's slightly older than I am, so that's a pretty nerfed storage right there. Needless to say, I don't win arguments with her. In fact, the only time I argue is when I just want to have a little fun.

But yeah, like that. 😂
My wife is like that too. And she cheat in discussions, she thinks out her arguments in advance....
There's no winning

Genuinely don't get why some are so hesitant to race Group 2's, they have far more grip and are more forgiving than Group 3's, thing barely blinks going though Eau Rouge at full throttle.
I use a slightly downtuned GR2 car to grind the Spa 1 hour and yeah, even on meds you just stick through Eau Rouge, the chicane after, and Blanchimont. If you're flat through Eau Rouge and flat through Blanchimont you'll lose the least amount of time on the lap.

Even the CLK sticks in quite a few places where I didn't think it would, just had to take a slightly wider entry since the thing has cheese for brakes and can't turn very sharply. Might troll for a bit more with that car to see how it goes and if people get used to it as the week goes on.

It is very similar to the GrC versus modern Gr1 cars at LeMans. The biggest complaint being that without the blind corners there isn't the massive excuse the 919s had that week. And a solid half my punts were GTRs swerving to block my car on the straights and running me off track there when they have no excuse. Hold your line there and I'll hold my line in the curvy bits and give you plenty of room on the outside.

(I'll probably give up and grab my modern Gr2 eventually)

Genuinely don't get why some are so hesitant to race Group 2's, they have far more grip and are more forgiving than Group 3's, thing barely blinks going though Eau Rouge at full throttle.
I am not a huge fan of them. The turbo lag messes with me. You have to get on the throttle like a split second earlier than I am wanting to because that little four-banger needs it to spool the turbo. It's just takes some time to wrap my head around it.

Hence, why I think I'll run the CLK and just see what happens. :D

Not done a weekly race for about a month or two now. Just not really been interested in racing them at all.
Seeing this week at Deep Forest reverse and Spa Gr2 a race I’ve wanted for ages (wish this was Daily C) I’m going to delve in this week to some races.

How have the lobbies been lately? Dirty or pretty clean?

zjn
I changed my mind, and will probably go for Race A with Alfa next week. I have too little time and would have to learn from scratch Gr2 cars. It's a pity because I like Spa
i don't know how the alfa would fare - i'm 'fast' in the NSX but the TT is still king. i do not enjoy driving that car, but i have to say that the track is amazing. the Gr4s feel a little slow for it, but i think it would be a great "fast road car Race A" choice.

and i am in the same boat with Gr2 - not much experience, in my opinion its one of those classes that really shows you who has put the time into the game. but having it on softs makes it pretty easy, i struggle with TCS0 on Gr3 cars but this is no problem. not sure i'll race but its been fun competing against my GTplanet-heavy friend list for combos i'm not confident on.

also, in general response to the 'rig' commentary... i finally upgraded from "Frankenchair with upside-down hallway table" to a playseat. ive been hesitant from day 1 about putting money into any of this, especially since the chair was close in price to the G29... but it is worth it. much better situation for the back and knees. and whatever means i had been using to prop up my pedals was not doing me any favors, and i recommend anyone with a 'custom' set-up check into that. also, replacing the throttle spring on the g29 has been a huge boost, though i could've done without messing with the brake spring (that one is good quality compared to the throttle).

I had another go at Spa in the GTR. Got my time to a more respectable 2:07.684 with time definitely on the table. I think I should be able to get into the 2:06s with more practice. Get to that though was frustrating as only about 1 in 5 laps was clean initially as I was drawing a fine line between trusting in the grip and going too quick and crashing out spectacularly.

Key for improvement now is finding the correct braking points and where to modulate the throttle..

BTW, though still not all that quick (there's definitely mistakes in it such as missing the apexes on the last chicane) I did share my lap to the showcase. Search for gtp12.

Last edited:
i don't know how the alfa would fare - i'm 'fast' in the NSX but the TT is still king. i do not enjoy driving that car, but i have to say that the track is amazing. the Gr4s feel a little slow for it, but i think it would be a great "fast road car Race A" choice.
I'd recommend the Scirocco. It's not as slow as I feared and very stable and forgiving through bus stop and the following right hander (admittedly, I haven't tried any other car yet).

Just ran five laps, 2nd was was a 2.09 and it felt weird, turns out my box button is busted and the brakes were being disengaged.

By third proper flyer was at a 2.05.2 but to be fair it was a pretty good lap. I can see a 2.04 ... mid to high, as where I end up. Pouhon (the double apex left hander) can see you lose or gain a second, very, very finnicky to get right.

Also a reminder to newbies, at the end of Kemmel you turn right, then you take the left SLOWER than ideal so you can take the right hander at an deal line and max your exit on the next short straight. If you take the left too fast and go wide you compromise your line for the right hander and butcher your speed on the short straight.

Last edited:
I'd recommend the Scirocco. It's not as slow as I feared and very stable and forgiving through bus stop and the following right hander (admittedly, I haven't tried any other car yet).
says the person with the worlds second fastest scirocco top time! and you aren't off by much (i looked to see which non-TT cars were on the board). that said i had a few chances of beating my top NSX lap within 8 laps - it feels a lot less stiff than the TT and doesn't give up as much speed as the FR/MRs. plus that scirocco is a lot of fun to yank through the last sector. i just need to find some MCRN/The Expanse decals to make it a Martian warship.

it also seems like the RCZ and Megane are also capable of decent times... Gran Turismo Sport lives on!

Men, I am having lots of fun on Race C. I love the lay-out of this track and I see that more then 1 or 2 cars are competitive around here. Went out for a QT time first and got 1:26,933 after a couple attempts. This time I drive with the Mercedes AMG. I still need to improve my QT time which is possible ofcourse. My first race, I started P6 and got up to the podium. I was in P2 but lost that position on the last turn on the last lap. Started on the hard tyre but pitted to early, so my tyres were dead but I was happy with the result. This is going to be a good week!

EDIT: And there is my improvement already, with a 1:26,165. There is still room for improvement so let’s go!

Last edited:
Without being specific... :sly: I don't get why people even attempt to drive fairly around these "meme" players.

Everyone knows who they are, and that they're only out there to grief people; they're being enabled by people letting them race until they start to grief people. It's inevitable that they will - you say so yourself in the video - so why let them have a fair race until they do?

If everyone else pre-emptively took them out in every race they're in, they'd either soon learn their behaviour isn't tolerated or they just wouldn't be able to do this kind of late-race wankery because they'd be touring round at the back after digging themselves out of gravel eleven times.

Sure, you'd get a penalty for it (although given how crazy the penalty system is, they might get the penalty instead), but you all race clean and fair enough that it won't affect you in the long-run. And yes, it wouldn't look fantastic taken out of context and dunked on a random YT channel, but everyone knows they are the tosser, not the victim.

Nobody anywhere would blame anyone for smacking tits like this about. In fact you could probably get a good video out of it yourself :lol:
I might be 50 but it's childish laughter from me at the word "wankery". So apt.

This week I'll be focusing on Race C. Still in DR C lobbies, didn't get a chance to run any more races over the weekend. Learned the track this morning, using the 911. QT currently a 1:27.2XX, my race pace isn't far off that on the RM of I get some clean air, RH I'm doing 1:29s. I figured go RH first since the first few laps are so savage.

Turn one (EDIT it was the hairpin) was savage indeed, started in 2nd, came out 2nd to last. Clawed my way back up through the crowd and finished 4th. Felt bad for one poor soul, he was braking WAY too early and caught me off guard. I thought he was brake checking me it was so bad. After the first accidental tap I backed off and gave him some space, then a few turns later I accidentally put him off in the hairpin.

Other than that is was a good race, some close battling with a few drivers. I saved the entire session if anyone is interested in watching. Mostly for myself, want to see where my eyes are going (PSVR2) when I'm in the zone vs when I get shook a bit. Replays don't catch that, had to broadcast it to twitch.

Last edited:
I had another go at Spa in the GTR. Got my time to a more respectable 2:07.684 with time definitely on the table. I think I should be able to get into the 2:06s with more practice.

Here’s some motivation to get that 2:06 - you don’t want to be outqualified by someone as slow as me.

AC475FF1-F663-4052-A8F5-D68F29C8C840.jpeg

Last edited:
Back