GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,107 comments
Here’s some motivation to get that 2:06 - you don’t want to be outqualified by someone as slow as me.
Not anymore. Had another go and I'm now 2:06.917 and I know I lost 0.4-0.5s in the last of the esses before the flat-out section.

Also had a go with a rental Scirocco on race A (as @Leon Kowalski speaks so highly of it) and got that down to 1:16.728. Still slow but okay for me. I might have to buy one and work it just not to be in a meta. Or, I could just try the Silvia. That also seems to be doing okay in the top 300.

Last edited:
This Race B should have been a Race C! A longer race with a mandatory tire swap would have been a lot more fun.

That said, Race B is kind of crazy because of the dramatic difference between the CLK and Nismo '16. There are a lot of skirmishes as a result. I was driving the CLK first because I like this car, but now I'm driving the Nismo because I don't like how the CLK gets mobbed on braking zones and corners. The CLK overtakes all the guys back on straights, only to be mobbed again in braking and corners. It's a constant game of ping-pong.

The Nismo is slightly slower than the CLK but runs into a lot fewer incidents, and you can easily get a Clean-Race-Bonus.

Not anymore. Had another go and I'm now 2:06.917 and I know I lost 0.4-0.5s in the last of the esses before the flat-out section.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I would try to beat it but I think I’m going to be in the Forest most of the week.

Did I ever mention how much I frickin love the Z4? One more of those and I’m back in B.

8BE6F22C-18FC-44CB-85E4-1543D67B55AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Tried a few other cars, with the Peugeot I got my best lap, actually not to far behind @Leon Kowalski but I am sure he will improve his time further, and I won't. (edit: and he did!!) And got close to that time with the Honda, best app. 1.14.7 with the NSX.
But I am not consistent with these, unlike with the Audi. But for fun I decided to use both and do some more races. Well, won both, but all in all I was slower with them then with the Audi earlier today. The Honda race I only won because the Audi's in 2nd and 3rd spent all their time fighting and ramming eachother allowing me to get away. Thanks guys!

So four races, three wins. That it was i call a good day, never yet had such good results!! And finally got to drive my RedBull design in a race. Think i earned my beer now.... :cheers:

1679347404494.png

1679347439029.png

1679347487482.png

Hi guys. New here. Anyone having issues with DR? Won 2 races and a 2nd and 3rd on daily race A. Started at 40% C, still at 40%! Anyone else?
Welcome here! It was nice sharing the track with you earlier today. and congrats on those good results!

Last edited:
Without being specific... :sly: I don't get why people even attempt to drive fairly around these "meme" players.

Everyone knows who they are, and that they're only out there to grief people; they're being enabled by people letting them race until they start to grief people. It's inevitable that they will - you say so yourself in the video - so why let them have a fair race until they do?

If everyone else pre-emptively took them out in every race they're in, they'd either soon learn their behaviour isn't tolerated or they just wouldn't be able to do this kind of late-race wankery because they'd be touring round at the back after digging themselves out of gravel eleven times.

Sure, you'd get a penalty for it (although given how crazy the penalty system is, they might get the penalty instead), but you all race clean and fair enough that it won't affect you in the long-run. And yes, it wouldn't look fantastic taken out of context and dunked on a random YT channel, but everyone knows they are the tosser, not the victim.

Nobody anywhere would blame anyone for smacking tits like this about. In fact you could probably get a good video out of it yourself :lol:
If I'm honest I'm to nice for my own good. But I also have the fear that if you start doing it one time it starts escalating so, so fast. Like people have reported TCR drivers before now and I've reviewed footage and I'm like, they've just made a mistake and they waited yet that person wanted to full on kick off like something else. With the non specific racer in this scenario in the video I can sort of see it more though, they don't help themselves in the slightest... But I've resisted, and TCR is built on the premise of no revenge punting so it'll stay like that for now! Although I really need to get my idea I had 2 years ago built, anyone want to send me additional hours of time please haha!

Also had a go with a rental Scirocco on race A (as @Leon Kowalski speaks so highly of it) and got that down to 1:16.728. Still slow but okay for me. I might have to buy one and work it just not to be in a meta. Or, I could just try the Silvia. That also seems to be doing okay in the top 300.
I was pleased to see that you've found my replay. I forgot to mention that I've shared it, under GTP12 and tagged with #scirocco and #watkinsglen. That is, if anybody else is interested.

I'm having an issue with the G29 at Spa. I drive with sensitivity 5 and 10/10 for the torque settings and after I hit 155mph the steering starts to fight me (shake whilst going in a straight line). Why?

Best remedy was to go down to 7/7 but I'm not used to it, feels disconnected to me and hate it. Anything I can do?
Try turning your sensitivity down to 1 and see if that helps. I’m not sure what you’re options are with that wheel, but it may reduce the response to every little change on the straights.
My wife is like that too. And she cheat in discussions, she thinks out her arguments in advance....
There's no winning
This is why I remain a long-divorced bachelor: now I only have myself telling me I’m wrong all the time!
Hence, why I think I'll run the CLK and just see what happens. :D
Please report! I’m curious how this is going to play out as people figure out the two car types.

As for Race C, can someone PLEASE tell me how to take that stupid hairpin?! The few times when I get it perfectly, I get a penalty. Yet I’ve gone much wider and not gotten the penalty. But mostly I just lose the car. What’s a good line through this darned turn?!

Last edited:
Topic: Race B

Looks like people are quickly starting to realize that Nismo'16 is the meta car. Now the track is almost exclusively Nismo'15, creating a very exciting, tight, and clean racing. I've been scoring Clean-Race-Bonus non-stop.
ovaP0NG.jpeg

A shot of one of finishes. Such a close finish!
PihyY7f.jpeg

Last edited:
Once again this week's Dailys throw me for a loop. I intended spending the majority of my week doing Daily C. But, since I didn't have a lot of time to play today, I did some Bs. I used the CLK and man that car is fun around this track.

First race was from the back and it didn't go so great... impatient GTR drives saw me pushed off the track. Did some quali laps before the next race in the CLK with a 2:04.7. That being said, had some really fun ones as well. There's something ominous about being two seconds up on the car behind going down the the Kemmel straight, then nose-to-tail by the end of S2... just watching that time delta drop and drop. :lol:

Last edited:
I did my first race A in ages last night - it was pretty fun! Shame there weren't more people doing it! I had pole with a 1.13.9, and another A+ guy on almost identical time. Had a great clean battle! Sadly 3rd and beyond were about 20 seconds back. I'm guessing not many people run race A because of the no DR/SR thing?

Hey all! Took 2 weeks off of daily races cuz my ratings kept getting crushed. Love the options this week and vowed to practice a ton and get a good qt. About 15 laps in at Deep Forest and very happy with my QT. Nailed a solid 1:26:351 in the Jaguar F type. It's so fast on this course. Shared under gtp12
Screenshot_20230320_194434_PS App.jpg

Try turning your sensitivity down to 1 and see if that helps. I’m not sure what you’re options are with that wheel, but it may reduce the response to every little change on the straights.

This is why I remain a long-divorced bachelor: now I only have myself telling me I’m wrong all the time!

Please report! I’m curious how this is going to play out as people figure out the two car types.

As for Race C, can someone PLEASE tell me how to take that stupid hairpin?! The few times when I get it perfectly, I get a penalty. Yet I’ve gone much wider and not gotten the penalty. But mostly I just lose the car. What’s a good line through this darned turn?!
I saved my replay from my QT. search gtp12. Think I hit that hairpin fairly well in first gear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230320_194434_PS App.jpg
    Screenshot_20230320_194434_PS App.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 7
Hey all! Took 2 weeks off of daily races cuz my ratings kept getting crushed. Love the options this week and vowed to practice a ton and get a good qt. About 15 laps in at Deep Forest and very happy with my QT. Nailed a solid 1:26:351 in the Jaguar F type. It's so fast on this course. Shared under gtp12
View attachment 1241187
I’ve been doing laps all day in various cars. I switched to the Jag a few minutes ago and set my fastest time on the third lap. I think I’m set with my car!
I saved my replay from my QT. search gtp12. Think I hit that hairpin fairly well in first gear
It’s funny because I have no problem in the hairpin with this particular car!

Last edited:
Tried the Z4 on Race C, set a 1:26.4XX. Kind of tired but feeling good about the car so decided to jump into a race with it, bad move. I got the pole, but got spun and slammed into a wall in one of the early laps. Not sure who was at fault, but it felt intentional. Then I fumbled getting off the wall, can't ever find the reverse button when I need it with the headset on. Back of the pack, but no big deal I've done this before. Nope, not tonight. One mistake after another. Fatigue setting in and frustration. Nearly rage quit twice but I forced myself to stay in. Finished 9th. Won't get any more time to try again until Friday. Should have stopped after I set the new QT. Lesson learned.

Last edited:
Wear happens, even with the online races. I did a ton of Race B with the 911. This morning, it needed an oil change. Last Monday, it was fine. I only raced the daily races last week. Wear might not affect the actual online races, but the cars STILL DO build wear from online racing.
Not wanting to start arguments or anything, but I race my RSR exclusively in sport mode. I have NEVER changed oil or done any maintenance to it. It has no wear, never has had.

My face when I can run Eau Rouge and Raidillon without lifting the throttle...

so_good.png

My goodness Gr.2 cars and soft tires have grip for days. I currently at a 2:05.5XX and I might be able to sneak into a very high 2:04 one I clean my lines up some more. It's been a while since I've run the Gr.2 cars at a track I like. Looking forward to some racing this week.

My face when I can run Eau Rouge and Raidillon without lifting the throttle...

View attachment 1241196

My goodness Gr.2 cars and soft tires have grip for days. I currently at a 2:05.5XX and I might be able to sneak into a very high 2:04 one I clean my lines up some more. It's been a while since I've run the Gr.2 cars at a track I like. Looking forward to some racing this week.
Please post your best lap time. I'm struggling to top 2:06. Think I'm in the wrong gear or something

I'm having an issue with the G29 at Spa. I drive with sensitivity 5 and 10/10 for the torque settings and after I hit 155mph the steering starts to fight me (shake whilst going in a straight line). Why?

Best remedy was to go down to 7/7 but I'm not used to it, feels disconnected to me and hate it. Anything I

Best remedy was to go down to 7/7 but I'm not used to it, feels disconnected to me and hate it. Anything I can do?
10/10!!! That’s intense, especially with the torque setting. I’m running 10/2/3 at the moment for race B. I constantly experiment with those settings. I ll run a few laps and then just pause and change them to like 0/4/7 or something. Read the scrolling texts below the controller settings screen. The explanation for each is kinda confusing but it explains your issue. 🍻

I'm enjoying Race B so much that I accidentally got promoted to B/S from C/S. Usually I hate it when I am in B lobby as everyone is much faster than me there. But here, I am actually enjoying being in B.

Here was a fun moment: I came near Eau Rouge just behind another Nismo. I did not know what to do. Lifting throttle at Eau Rouge in a Gr2 feels like a sin. Suddenly I decided and committed to bump-drafting the guy in front, praying for the best for both of us.
DOk3LlH.jpg

Happy to report that we survived!
YCJzMOB.jpg

mpfWyqS.jpg

Had the most tense Les Combes ever, fully aware that my braking and cornering were compromised due to drafting. Unluckily, the guy in front buckled under pressure and spun at exit of Les Combes, bringing an end to our fun battle.

Also, today I learnt that I had been calling Raidillon as Eau Rouge my whole life! Well, better late than never!
5591482f-fb80-4404-a88f-987d07181a37.png

Between a sick kiddo, a new puppy, and some home improvement projects, as well as being sick myself there has been very little time for racing.
Finally got a chance to jump on tonight and immediately headed for Race B. I love the '16 GR.2 Nissan at Spa. It's my go-to car for grinding the 1 hour race.

Tried to set some qualifying times and kept getting off track penalties from pushing too hard and understeering off. Managed to set a low 2:08 even while serving one of the 0.500 penalties. Entered a race and immediately regretted not being faster. I started in the middle of the chicane lol.

Didn't do all that well though, wrecked myself trying to pass into the turn before Blanchimont and fell to 14th. Did a recovery drive and finished 7th.

Ran more qualy and set a vv low 2:07 and was on pace for a low :06 when the timer ran out.
Started 2nd and had a great time bumping 1st up the Kemmel to gap the Mercedes in 3rd. Got us clear enough that we could get through Les Combes and Malmedy uncontested.
We had a 5 second gap by Blanchimont and I had a helluva run so I went for it. Up the inside into the chicane BUT OH NO I TOUCHED HIM!

We get loose, he recovers but then slides sideways. I slam on the brakes, I'm not taking this position this way. He pulls ahead of me and then I hit the gas. Our 5 second is down to 2. He gaps me up Kemmel this time, I had a bad La Source.

I play defense from the guy in 3rd as penance for almost ending 1sts day. Unfortunately my defense is too vigorous and on lap 3 I bin in through the long left and fall to 11th. As my kiddo was making some noises I didn't like I decided to exit instead of trying to recover.

Regardless this is a GREAT combo and I highly recommend anyone interested but nervous to just go for it. Set a time and just vibe with the combo it's awesome!

Also, today I learnt that I had been calling Raidillon as Eau Rouge my whole life! Well, better late than never!
5591482f-fb80-4404-a88f-987d07181a37.png
It's called Eau Rouge because there's a stream that runs beneath the circuit right there called: de l'Eau Rouge
way back in the day the drivers used to take a HARD left there and do a little loop before heading up Kemmel Straight:

The road over the stream lead to: i'Ancienne Douane which was used as the racing circuit (no Raidillon at all) until 1939 when the race promoter wanted to advertise Spa as a faster circuit and so the hard left onto the road that loops through the background and up the hill slowly was eliminated and the drivers headed up the Raidillon itself.
They kept the name Eau Rouge though for that little left hand flick that has been tightened a LOT over the years from basically what you see below into what you see in your post above.

I love the history of racing and its circuits and the history of Spa and what it went through from the early days of Grand Prix racing pre F1 through today when Eau Rouge and Raidillon was again reprofiled with additional runoff, gravel traps, and some smoothing of the curves themselves to fix flood damage from this past winter.

Thanks for listening to me ramble :D

6azadj4ic4h41.png

Last edited:
I did three A races tonight. First started 5th and got bumped around and dropped to 11th only to climb my way back to finish 3rd! Fun race.

Second I was Q3 and into first turn Q2 brakes massively early and I rear end them to get a 2 second penalty. I drop to 11th at the penalty line. I try to catch up and over shoot two more corners for yet more penalties. I rage quit! LOL. What a waste.

I then went to QT race B, but after about a dozen practice laps I still don't feel good enough, even though I'm lapping in the 2:07/2:08 times now. Still have too many offs when I'm not getting that good lap. Perhaps I test the waters as a DR D on my UK account first. For now, I go back to race A...

Third race I start Q5 and trade spots with Q4 and Q6 but ultimately end up P5, where I started. Overall, apart from race 2, I'm liking race A.

I still have no desire for race C this week.

Last edited:
Back