GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
Now you tell me, I bought the bundle and loadcell upgrade doh!
I'm sure it is fine, though you could always return it.

What made me go for the V2 instead is that I read that the load-cell in the bundle is much stiffer and has less adjustability and I was reading online comments of people modding their pedals and I didn't want to do that. By comparison the V2 has adjustability out the box and it is a bit squishier which I found gives me more control and feels even more car like. Also the overall build of the platform is like a tank with many reviewers saying they were better than the Cllubsport V3 pedals. It's solid.

Last edited:
I'm sure it is fine, though you could always return it.

What made me go for the V2 instead is that I read that the load-cell in the bundle is much stiffer and has less adjustability and I was reading online comments of people modding their pedals and I didn't want to do that. By comparison the V2 has adjustability out the box and it is a bit squishier which I found gives me more control and feels even more car like. Also the overall build of the platform is like a tank with many reviewers saying they were better than the Cllubsport V3 pedals. It's solid.
So this is the thing I struggle with when adjustability comes in to it, I just keep tweaking things.

I'll see how I get on, as in all honestly as @Nebuc72 pointed out it's a bit of a vanity purchase/commitment

I might go quicker but and it's a big but I start to enjoy things more

I'll see how I get on, as in all honestly as @Nebuc72 pointed out it's a bit of a vanity purchase/commitment

I might go quicker but and it's a big but I start to enjoy things more
Oh it's a total vanity purchase. After all there are people on DS4 controllers and G29s that can totally annihilate us. Fast people are fast regardless of what they use. With that said though I'm not skilled enough to be quick with such humble devices so I'll take whatever advantage I can take. Call me a cheater... :D

Ciao guys, another couple of races this evening, F6 and F5 and I'm at 80% of C ranking according to GranTracker...I'm quite happy after a around 10 days without B racing, the track is chaotic and this is the good thing cause people are really taking the corner in different ways so overtaking is possible in a good amount of spots

My final 2 races this week as I need some practice for the Manufacturers Cup on Saturday. Again, no improvement to my time so straight to racing.

I'm in P9 to start race 1 and I get stuck behind another Porsche driver, and I then get moved aside by another driver sticking their nose on my inside and pushing me out of the way on lap 1. I make the same mistake as yesterday and take a wild ride to get 4.5 seconds of wall penalties. Yay... I do finish P10 so not all bad I guess.

Race 2 has me in P8 to start and I get dumped in the final corner on the first lap and I give up at this point. Another P10 finish. Just brutal again tonight. Nothing I can do about that on a narrow track and everyone bunching up in the opening laps. Perhaps next week will bring better results.

First off, congrats to @TheNormsk for the A rating, and for some "stonking" consistency in the race C laptimes you posted! I found that once the consistency arrived in my arsenal, I could get half decent results most of the time. The best is yet to come from you, sir.

Meanwhile, I'm living in Race A this week. I decided to switch off and enjoy some 'casual' GT7 in a car/track combo which ranks high on the Fun Factor. Been matched unfortunately with only 1 other similarly ranked driver so far, otherwise I've had my eyes crossed permanently watching the rear view and radar for the duration of Lap 1. The car feels so good to drive I can't even get mad when I get pushed off.

I did get upset when someone pinned me to the fence during rotation around the sharp left dipper leading up to the beginning of sector 3. Turns out it was revenge for something I did at turn 2 which was such a cluster-f that I didn't even know how to respond. Raced them again and they took off due to aforementioned pushing-off from another party. So the rematch will have to stay on ice for now.

I just want one race where I can start in 2nd-4th in the grid and we get away safely and have a good 3 laps. To be fair, I've only logged on during weird hours this week, maybe it will improve.

First off, congrats to @TheNormsk for the A rating, and for some "stonking" consistency in the race C laptimes you posted! I found that once the consistency arrived in my arsenal, I could get half decent results most of the time. The best is yet to come from you, sir.

Meanwhile, I'm living in Race A this week. I decided to switch off and enjoy some 'casual' GT7 in a car/track combo which ranks high on the Fun Factor. Been matched unfortunately with only 1 other similarly ranked driver so far, otherwise I've had my eyes crossed permanently watching the rear view and radar for the duration of Lap 1. The car feels so good to drive I can't even get mad when I get pushed off.

I did get upset when someone pinned me to the fence during rotation around the sharp left dipper leading up to the beginning of sector 3. Turns out it was revenge for something I did at turn 2 which was such a cluster-f that I didn't even know how to respond. Raced them again and they took off due to aforementioned pushing-off from another party. So the rematch will have to stay on ice for now.

I just want one race where I can start in 2nd-4th in the grid and we get away safely and have a good 3 laps. To be fair, I've only logged on during weird hours this week, maybe it will improve.
Concering the start and turn 1, unfortunately that corner is constructed in a way where if someone behind wants to take you out you’re just a sitting duck. Pretty much nothing to do. And even more unfortunate is that this week has been marred with a certain two people showing up frequently with the sole intention of crashing into others, especially T1, lap 1. I’ve already been taken out from pole seven, eight times or thereabouts.

To give you a friendly warning before you stumble upon them and without naming them directly, one bears a Belgian flag, has a PSN ID that starts with a female name (beginning with C) followed by the Spanish and Italian word for moon along with some random numbers. The other one carries the UK flag and goes by something with juice, a 1 and four 3’s. The latter of which I had a “conversation” with in DMs. Not sure if it’s OK according to the rules here to paste it here, in picture form so name isn’t “Google-able”.

In any case, due to things like that happening I think they could seriously improve race A simply by making it DR OFF / SR ON. To have one DR off race is perfectly fine IMO. Often one may see and hear complaints here about how DR focused everyone is all the time. Isn’t it then slightly ironic to scream for every race to have DR on? What you should request and hope for instead are combinations cycling through the races more.

There is however very little, or rather no sense ever, to have SR off.

In any case, due to things like that happening I think they could seriously improve race A simply by making it DR OFF / SR ON. To have one DR off race is perfectly fine IMO. Often one may see and hear complaints here about how DR focused everyone is all the time. Isn’t it then slightly ironic to scream for every race to have DR on? What you should request and hope for instead are combinations cycling through the races more.
I am in agreement, SR should be impacted during this race. If not (current races) you have to reason to race fairly. You get credit for racing (to get your 50 races) which everyone gets and you can build your CRB, FL, and win numbers with no downside to acting stupid. Bring SR into the mix and people might race fairly (probably not).

Been having fun chasing everyone's times this week and, again, haven't entered a single damn race. If the stars align, maybe tomorrow...we'll see. In the meantime, y'all are drivin' your asses off out there, keep it up! :cheers:

I poked around a bit but nothing popped out at me...is there a conversation somewhere around the world series stuff this weekend? Someone had asked earlier in the thread who was entering and whether or not we were discussing here or elsewhere. Didn't catch a response, if there was one.

Alternatively, did I just break the first rule of World Series? We don't talk about World Series?🤣

Been having fun chasing everyone's times this week and, again, haven't entered a single damn race. If the stars align, maybe tomorrow...we'll see. In the meantime, y'all are drivin' your asses off out there, keep it up! :cheers:

I poked around a bit but nothing popped out at me...is there a conversation somewhere around the world series stuff this weekend? Someone had asked earlier in the thread who was entering and whether or not we were discussing here or elsewhere. Didn't catch a response, if there was one.

Alternatively, did I just break the first rule of World Series? We don't talk about World Series?🤣
here you go....

Good luck!

:P trying to make hay while the sunshines!

I'm still Glenny from the block, I know where I came from 🤣.

"My one good unrepeatable lap" to be fair 🤣

I have gloves (leaving present from a previous company) but I don't really enjoy them.

You have time…here in the states it took them a week to walk my order to the loading dock. Given the cost of the bundle, with load cell vs the V2…at least from what I've read, the v2, is the more cost effective option. My load cell brake arrived stiff as a board, and after three months, is still pretty dang stiff. Its broken
in about an inch or so, and is "fine." but I'm defiantly not in love...and find myself looking at the fanatic page about once a week.

Seeing that even the GT7 Youtube-streamers are having problems with race C this week gives me some hope. This race is either gaining like 4 positions because of the chaos or ending up last because of the chaos and working your way up again.

:P trying to make hay while the sunshines!

I'm still Glenny from the block, I know where I came from 🤣.

"My one good unrepeatable lap" to be fair 🤣

I have gloves (leaving present from a previous company) but I don't really enjoy them.

Don‘t worry, it is extremely stiff yes, but you get used to it. I love it and became much faster than with the standard cheap brake. Not much travel is not the end of the world, pressure is what counts.

Obv I can’t compare it to anything else than the standard brake.

It's taken 3,500 races but I managed my 300th win last night.

Attachments

• IMG_9795.jpeg
    IMG_9795.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 10
without looking atm, 2000+ races, <1% wins.

I, too, focus more on top 5-8 and coutn anything under 5 as a 'win'. I'd also like to see a time series of my ratios. GT7 is my first time with online racing, the early races were definitely a learning curve. I still rarely, rarely(!) win, but top 5 and CRbs are more common now.

Loving Race C - had some brilliant races on my US account - won one , and a few top fives. Pitting early certainly pays off if you come out in clean air - the one I won I pitted on lap 7 and just managed to squeeze ahead when the leader exited the pits (same guy beat me in next 4 races though 😂)

I've been slowly increasing the force feedback and brake force and it now feels very satisfying to drive - forearms almost starting to ache a bit on C due to the frantic pace. I put the heavier spring on to the throttle pedal too and now feel comfortable with it - I initially felt it was too heavy so used the light one for a few weeks.

I seem to have something right with the setup for the first sector , as setting purple even with 14 lap old tyres... but I lose a couple of tenths in the last sector.

My god I missed this forum and game! This evening is the first time I had a moment to actually sit down and play more than 4 min 😂

Jumped into 2nd account to get a feel for Race B and starting in P15, I soon found out that down at the bottom, things are rough! Jesus everyone from P10 down had either a B or A rating for SR and it showed throughout the race! I was driving as clean as I could, even let a dude through after his mistake led to contact and me getting the position but man, just wow...

However, I knew the 5 or 6 in front would take each other out at some point so I kept close and patient and boom, a string of overtakes on the last 2 sectors of the race and I am a happy man 😀 I then set a lap time as a benchmark for main account and hopped in.

Hoping my 1:43:002 on main account gets me a decent starting position (9th to 11th) when I have a go later on...

Attachments

• Fuji 15 Sept 23.jpeg
    Fuji 15 Sept 23.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm just ambling around in the Huracan, picking up fistfuls of positions as the Ferraris all drive into each other or crash. Finished the last race in second after the guy in the Ferrari ahead of me span off at the penultimate corner all by himself.

Also you need to be way closer to the Huracan to get a decent slipstream off it than you do if you're in it.

I may make it to A by the end of the night if this keeps up.

Back