GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 35,969 comments
Whoever invented race c this week needs therapy 💀🙃. Pointless short track with gr3 tbh. 🔥 At least we are not forced to use racing hards. 🤣
It's been one of the most refreshing (and fastest) races in some time, the feedback across this thread has been overwhelmingly positive.

I realise each combo won't please everyone but it might be worth a revisit before it's gone so you can get an idea why it's been enjoyed so much this week.

It's been one of the most refreshing (and fastest) races in some time, the feedback across this thread has been overwhelmingly positive.

I realise each combo won't please everyone but it might be worth a revisit before it's gone so you can get an idea why it's been enjoyed so much this week.
I drove it twice (to get my SR back up after lap 1 ragequit at 35 lap Suzuka manu race) and didn't like it but that's just me. 🤷 That combo is for gr4 or slower imo.

Last edited:
Think thats the definition of a good/great race.
Yes, and all for 6th place too 😆

I'm with you on this - I was a little bit dubious at the beginning of the week, but I've had some great racing here as the week went on 👍

Can't remember who it was now who recommended the Huracan for Fuji as it 'can't be slipstreamed' but that's a great shout :cheers:

Pulls away from anything behind it coming onto the main straight, it's great. Assume it's the build of the car, which is a nice detail to have modelled correctly in terms of airflow.

(Doesn't stop someone divebombing from 1.5 behind but hey ho)

Last edited:
Keeping your no retaliation streak alive?
Amazingly enough, yes. I did "elbow" someone on a straight who kept brushing against me, but only enough to let him know I was there, and to cut it out. It didn't affect him or me, really, and he stopped doing it.
Can't remember who it was now who recommended the Huracan for Fuji as it 'can't be slipstreamed' but that's a great shout :cheers:
It was @Famine, and you're right, it works great, so thank you Famine for recommending it.

I have run 5 race C this week, none of them enjoyable or clean at.all. all where filled with wrecks, anger, retaliation and dents. It's not for.me. it might be fun if you start in the top 3 but otherwise not for me. No one seems.to care about leaving room, and everyone are so stressed that if they think the driver ahead is slower (aka taking another line) they run through him.

This is a great video not just the anti meta but explaining how the race unfolds etc for daily C this week.

Edit: this is the sort of content PD should show to understand "what is sportsmanship"

Edit 2: I don't think analyse they're driving enough. Keeping track of results is a brute force measure, but really understanding braking or acceleration points is more important.

Also wins get less and less the pace goes up so these things are critical like traffic management and keeping in the pace line of cars

Last edited:
Absolutely. If there's ONE engine sound that is wrong for me, is the 155's. (I would also add the Delta HF Integrale)
It's like we're back with GT5's vacuum cleaners. They can't trick my ears, it's 100% synthesized. And boring.

Sounds nothing like the real thing:

This car doesn't have the upswept exhausts so it will sound different.

Some experiences will be player specific anyway, I found myself in a position where I was pulling away from the car behind but losing time to the car ahead, led to it being a pretty uneventful last half of the race which won't always be the case.
I think the players that bump and barge past you would prefer a pole to flag victory all the time . We all strive for that next win but if you were winning every race you entered, how much longer would you play? The battles are the best part of racing and I don't understand why some people don't get it.

I think the players that bump and barge past you would prefer a pole to flag victory all the time . We all strive for that next win but if you were winning every race you entered, how much longer would you play? The battles are the best part of racing and I don't understand why some people don't get it.
I honestly think there are 3 types of players in GT.

Those with racing experience regardless of level and who analyse corner to corner performance.

Those that love racing and what to improve but look at rankings or lap times as the measure.

And then those who are just playing the game in front of them. And they try hard, we're taught by poor AI and it takes a while for them to break that.

Not one of these groups are bad or worse than the other. But if ranking works well they can all find their happy places.

Well, it's gotten pretty brutal out there at Fuji, so I think I'll call it quits for this week. At least I've managed to raise my DR some, but it could have been better. Still, all-in-all, this has been a fun race this week.

1694991924921.png

Date​
Week​
DR​
SR​
DR %​
% Diff​
Race​
Car​
Start​
End​
CRB​
FL​
QT​
Comment
2023/09/17 15:59
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 68.00%
-2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
10​
12​
1:43.294​
Got binned to P16, managed to come back to P12
2023/09/17 15:19
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 70.00%
-4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
12​
16​
✓​
I am such an idiot
2023/09/17 11:19
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 74.00%
+1.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
6​
8​
1 second penalty after the race cost me 3 positions!!
2023/09/16 15:59
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 73.00%
-2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
10​
12​
Brutal, although some respect also at the end.
2023/09/16 15:40
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 75.00%
-1.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
10​
11​
✓​
Brutal
2023/09/16 12:00
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 76.00%
+2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
10​
9​
2023/09/16 08:00
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 74.00%
+1.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
9​
9​
✓​
2023/09/15 18:20
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 73.00%
+3.00​
B​
Gr.4 | Huracán Gr.4
3​
3​
✓​
✓​
2023/09/15 16:40
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 70.00%
+4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
4​
2​
1:43.380​
Finally having fun again!
2023/09/15 15:40
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 66.00%
+2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
4​
6​
Tough race.
2023/09/15 13:19
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 64.00%
0.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
6​
7​
I didn't drive very well. Lucky to not end up further back
2023/09/14 17:00
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 64.00%
0.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
9​
7​
1:43.571​
2023/09/14 14:00
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 64.00%
+1.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
6​
7​
2023/09/14 11:59
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 63.00%
+2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
12​
10​
2023/09/14 10:20
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 61.00%
+2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
4​
4​
2023/09/13 16:00
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■■ | 59.00%
+4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
3​
2​
✓​
2023/09/13 14:59
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 55.00%
-2.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
10​
14​
1:43.681​
Too many penalties
2023/09/13 11:40
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 57.00%
+3.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
5​
3​
✓​
2023/09/12 16:59
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 54.00%
+4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
4​
3​
Better
2023/09/12 16:39
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■ | 50.00%
-4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
6​
13​
1:43.816​
Gotta learn how to avoid people being jerks
2023/09/12 14:39
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 54.00%
+4.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
3​
4​
2023/09/12 11:20
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■ | 50.00%
-3.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
8​
14​
Real crap-show of an ending.
2023/09/11 16:20
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 53.00%
-1.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
9​
9​
✓​
1:44.627​
Need a better QT, that's for sure
2023/09/11 08:40
2023-37​
B​
S​
|■■■■■■■■■■■ | 54.00%
+3.00​
B​
Gr.4 | 458 Italia Gr.4
5​
5​
A little bumping on the last lap cost me 2 places

This is a great video not just the anti meta but explaining how the race unfolds etc for daily C this week.

Edit: this is the sort of content PD should show to understand "what is sportsmanship"

Edit 2: I don't think analyse they're driving enough. Keeping track of results is a brute force measure, but really understanding braking or acceleration points is more important.

Also wins get less and less the pace goes up so these things are critical like traffic management and keeping in the pace line of cars

Had a few races tonight with that chap - him and some other guys starting at the back in a selection of cars. One of them was lapping in the low .51s in the Corvette - very impressive.

Had a few races tonight with that chap - him and some other guys starting at the back in a selection of cars. One of them was lapping in the low .51s in the Corvette - very impressive.

And very aggressive. I haven’t had a lot of good interactions with him in weekly race C’s. Just mainly him starting from the back, and pushing his way up front at all costs. He’s actually borderline one of the guys that I will block or punt at all costs once I start a new NA alt

Last edited by a moderator:
And very aggressive. I haven’t had a lot of good interactions with him in weekly race C’s. Just mainly him starting from the back, and pushing his way up front at all costs. He’s actually borderline one of the guys that I will block or punt at all costs once I start a new NA alt
Ah, I didn't come across any of that, but to be honest they (him and a couple of Canadian guys) were so much quicker than me that I was just letting them all pass quite easily so as not to get myself swallowed up by the rest of the pack.

These pricks are worse than your usual GT7 knuckleheads in my opinion, they have the ability to control the car and make specific choices on how they behave in every corner.

They're not racers, they're just fast. Big difference.

Yesterday, i tried playing online again after a full year. I raced 10-12 times the B race, I'm ranked B/S, and wow how dirty races are now. I was some many times pushed away, striked, being divebombed, etc... That is crazy. The worst was one where I was in pole, lead all the way to the end, and the second who was a full second away divebombed like crazy in the last corner, pushing me away.
And no penalty for him !!??!!
I'll wait another year ^^

Gr.3 and Gr.4 week again, sigh...

For context: The last time either category wasn't represented in a daily was back in July, there was no Gr.4 race the week we had the "12 lap" Le Mans race. The last time Gr.3 wasn't one of the dailies was all the way back in January, the week of the Silvia tuning race C.

Tyre wear seems the big issue in Race C. First race I was in the Jaguar, on pole. I got away well and built up a lead, but that front left tyre was wearing down way too fast. Brake balance to the rear and taking it easy on the turn in wasn't enough it was certainly past half way gone at mid distance. Luckily no one else hot on my tail so I start turning into the right handers slower and slower watching the tyre.

I think everyone else must have been having their own issues, as depsite reaching the point I was driving like an old granny in the right handers no one caught me and I somehow reached the flag still in the lead with the a slither of tyre left. Handling did still seem fine at that point, not sure what would have happened if it was completely gone.

A quick google between races turned up this handy bit of research from @Windfire1010 . So I switched the Alfa 4C for my next race, tyre life was no problem. I did wonder why none of the 5 drivers ahead were hitting tyre issues later in the race and slowing, turns out they were all A+ drivers, so I guess they're going to know this sort of thing inside out.

I think that they have changed pre race lobby - everyone needs to go out of the pits and complete the lap. I've been sitting in Daily A for 12 minutes, because there are some players that are waiting in pits.

Nvm, it was a glitch.

Last edited:
Tyre wear seems the big issue in Race C. First race I was in the Jaguar, on pole. I got away well and built up a lead, but that front left tyre was wearing down way too fast. Brake balance to the rear and taking it easy on the turn in wasn't enough it was certainly past half way gone at mid distance. Luckily no one else hot on my tail so I start turning into the right handers slower and slower watching the tyre.

I think everyone else must have been having their own issues, as depsite reaching the point I was driving like an old granny in the right handers no one caught me and I somehow reached the flag still in the lead with the a slither of tyre left. Handling did still seem fine at that point, not sure what would have happened if it was completely gone.

A quick google between races turned up this handy bit of research from @Windfire1010 . So I switched the Alfa 4C for my next race, tyre life was no problem. I did wonder why none of the 5 drivers ahead were hitting tyre issues later in the race and slowing, turns out they were all A+ drivers, so I guess they're going to know this sort of thing inside out.
Yeah - I have only done one race so far. Started 4th. Ran the Jag, front tyres completely red just after half distance, but the lap time did not drop off massively - maybe a couple of seconds slower, a lot of which was down to me taking it easy hoping the avoid tyres completely giving up on me. 1st and 2nd did not stop. I was overtaken on the last lap by someone who did stop for new tyres. I finhsed 4th, where I started.

I think non-stopping is probably the better option, but all will become clear after a couple more races.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Daily Races: Devil Inside

Gran Turismo 7’s newest set of Daily Races is now available, with three fresh events for players to show off their online multiplayers skills for the next seven days...
There’s an error in the article. It says that Daily Race A has the usual no DR/SR update but SR is on this week.

Edit: the article has been corrected now.

Last edited:
Not a great idea.

So, you can't gain any DR but you would be able to get a DR reset if you find yourself in a dirty or vindictive lobby.
It’s not the first time it happens in Monza. Personally I think it’s a great way to keep things somehow clean on this track.

Edit: DR is unaffected so you can’t get reset as far as I understand it. Only SR is.

Last edited:
It’s not the first time it happens in Monza. Personally I think it’s a great way to keep things somehow clean on this track.

Edit: DR is unaffected so you can’t get reset as far as I understand it. Only SR is.

I've been blessed recently with reasonably clean lobbies, at all hours of the day, so it doesn't concern me THAT much.

I do however see it is a DR-down-only race, because of aforementioned danger of DR reset (which will certainly still be possible, btw).

For all the shortcomings with regards to fairness in Sport Mode, the DR/SR systems have to work in tandem, otherwise it's a bit like entering a gentlemen's bet with a friend when it's only you who has any collateral.

I've been blessed recently with reasonably clean lobbies, at all hours of the day, so it doesn't concern me THAT much.

I do however see it is a DR-down-only race, because of aforementioned danger of DR reset (which will certainly still be possible, btw).

For all the shortcomings with regards to fairness in Sport Mode, the DR/SR systems have to work in tandem, otherwise it's a bit like entering a gentlemen's bet with a friend when it's only you who has any collateral.
I agree that they should always work together. I’m an advocate for DR/SR updates in daily race A but PD doesn’t think this way I’m afraid.

Tyre management race at Brands? I may actually have a chance this week of not being last.
There is also some setup changes allowed - set up for speed and do a stop, or set up for longer tyre life...

Pitstop loss is very short too.. I think leader was about 12 seconds ahead of me and still got out in front of me.

I went steady in NSX and left rear died on last lap.

Latest Posts

Back