GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
I was just talking about this with my wife yesterday... except I am the tool. I was trying to understand why I get offended sometimes when someone passes me.

There are plenty of times I'm happy to let someone go by me because they're obviously faster than me, and letting them pass is the best thing for both of us - unless it's late in the final lap, of course.

And if I mess up and people pass me, that's on me and the only person I get upset with is myself.

But sometimes, when someone passes me just because they're better/faster/whatever than me, and I didn't intentionally let them pass, it seems to trigger something inside me. The vast vast vast majority of the time I shake it off. But every once in a while, I just become the utter tool.

Like I said, I don't know why, and I'm much better, but it still happens and I have no clue why. I should probably see a therapist about this (seriously). ... time passes ... Actually, now that I about it, I think I know why it happens. Ah, a moment of clarity! I hope I can incorporate this into overcoming my toolish responses.

Sorry, everyone, for subjecting you all to my "therapy session". :lol:
Are you saying that if you're trying hard to retain your position, and someone gets by you anyway, you are willing to do bad things to get your spot back?

Movie at 11! Or rather now.....
I seek confirmation or denial for my opinion here....
The guy in the Lexus '08 with a name like a dead pet.
I feel I pass him fair and square, then as we brake for second chicane I am well ahead but he dives in to the line I am already committed to, doesn't make it past and on the following straight he pit manoeuvre me.
So the question is, did I wrong him?

His first move was a dive. When that didn't come off, he got angry and took you out. Complete ****. The only thing you may have got wrong was not backing out after the first attempted p.i.t. But then you might have thought it an accident so I can't say your wrong about that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had some time yesterday in Race C and ran it about 6 times using the 08 Lexus as I’m most familiar with it and it has the ability to stay with the Merc on a straight in the slipstream, but is a little quicker in the twisty stuff.

I love the track and this race combo, but man did I suck yesterday! Couldn’t get on the throttle without spinning out at some point during a race - all consistency seemed to disappear. Pace is good but I think I’m overdriving which is injecting mistakes.

I did have some luck in a gamble in inters at the start of one race as the weather seemed to be closing in. My slowness through the Dunlop chicane on lap one in the dry was punished and I got bumped and spun down from 4th to last… and then the rain came. End of lap 1 and I’m back in 2nd. End of lap 2 I’m 70 seconds up on third place, and there I stayed. Won’t be trying the other two events as I’m having too much fun with this one! Crack on!

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
I just lead a race from pole in B, and pushing for the fastest lap binned it 2 corners from the end.

Finished 11th.

That is racing. Not mad, just chilled because I could have miss daised it home or raced. I can do another race in 5 mins so it really doesn't matter.

A shame yes, but I race to be the fairest quickest guy in the situation. That's racing.

B is ghoulish in my experience lol, people punting eachother off and running eachother off the grass in every race I've done. Manic.
I think it's a track that people try to hard on.

The thing is the long corner exits really change the deltas so the speed differential looks closer than it is.

The sweeping corners don't help because of how you have to take them partial throttle. A lot of people for some reason can't do that and the drift wider and wider.

The race is fine if you are given space and time, but again some people can't stand being in a line...

Attachments

• IMG_9838.jpeg
    IMG_9838.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9836.jpeg
    IMG_9836.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 9
3 more races for me again for race B. I didn't bother set a new time so off we go.

Race 1 has me on pole to start. My opening lap woes continue as I mess up the big sweeping turn and lose some spots. Then get bumped in the rear and go off track in the 35R hairpin. Another accidental bump, but they waited for me so that was nice. I then touch the grass and shoot directly at a wall so that ruined my race. I finish P10.

Race 2 has me in P6 and it's more of the same with me making so many small mistakes it takes the race pace right out of me. Another P10 finish.

My last race has me in P3 and I don't mess up the first lap! Progress! I do have a run in with a driver who spun the the first chicane and came directly across track into the racing line I committed to and hit them. I do get into a nice 3 lap battle for P3 with me trying everything to get by. They defended brilliantly and clean the entire time. I almost hit them as they were on the brakes early for the final chicane and made note of that but I couldn't get the pass made. A fantastic way to end my night with a P4 finish.

Once I can get my opening lap under control I'll be good. I think I'm so used to flying into turn 1 at full speed in practice, I'm expecting the same thing upon race start. I also can't help but laugh when I see that "Rexy" face slowly coming into view when the race starts. Cracks me up every time.

I just managed to improve my QT at Race B by a half second, from 1:35.308 to 1:34.771, in one big jump. And it was seconds before the start of the race - but enough time so I could save my replay. Very cool.

I didn't do very well in the race, but it was just one of those races. Things happened in front of me, I avoided them, but it gave people behind me the chance to go around me. At least nobody was dirty, at least not to me.

Are you saying that if you're trying hard to retain your position, and someone gets by you anyway, you are willing to do bad things to get your spot back?
What I am saying is that I want to retaliate in some way, because "how dare he?!" It's usually when someone passes me on the inside with a little bump - but let's face it, if I gave him the opening, then my bad.

What I am NOT saying is that this is good behavior on my part. It's not. It's wrong. But even at age 66, I can still learn and grow. And maybe, just maybe, my story can resonate with others. If not, at least it's cathartic for me. :lol:

Back after a three month Diablo IV hiatus, and pretty stoked to see the limited tuning in Race C. This has probably already come up, but I couldn't think of a good search term... Is there really no way to save your setup? We really have to input it every time?

Decided to get some daily race B in this evening, with very mixed results. First race was clean and ended up P5. The next one didn't go so well, as I caught the grass at the top of the esses and started to slide. I was able to catch it, but had to lift a lot. The guy behind me didn't notice though (not his fault since it was just over the top of the hill), so hits me full speed and I go spinning six times with lots of smoke everywhere. First time I've ever had damage so severe my car would barely accelerate for the next quarter of a lap. To add a little insult to injury, it gave me a clean race bonus :)

Back after a three month Diablo IV hiatus, and pretty stoked to see the limited tuning in Race C. This has probably already come up, but I couldn't think of a good search term... Is there really no way to save your setup? We really have to input it every time?

You can't save it directly. I take a screenshot or write it down. Yes it resets everytime.

Last edited:
Finally had a race yesterday where I wasn't completely murdered. I think that was the first time in 7 races. In B/S lobbies. I don't care about progressing, but to have the race ruined takes away the fun, so then it is really no point in playing. The most common thing is the Perez 2023 move where people send it from another zip code into hairpins and brake way way too late. I'm only referring to the dry races now, in the wet everything can happen.

There are never any apologies in the chat either. Yesterday after getting pushed of the track at the Mulsanne corner and then getting passed by 5 cars I saw the person writing "thanks for the clean race" but in German. I questioned that and the response was "I'm a beginner". No, I don't think so.

I haven't put any time into quali the last couple of weeks, but now I understand that is a must so you can get away from the pack. It's really not hard to take avoiding action if you are about to crash into someone, but it will affect your race so people don't.

Really like the race C with gr. 2 cars and Le Mans, otherwise I would have stopped playing. As the last race I had was so good it makes all the terrible races worth it, but I just wish people could behave so it happened more often. I don't have time for more than maybe 2-3 races in an evening.

Don’t bother.
tune all you want, it doesn’t do anything. Any improvements are just placebo.
it’s quite annoying they allow some tuning and brake bias, you spend many hours trying to get it just right only to finally realize it most likely does nothing.
I’d be happily proven otherwise

Had some good racing yesterday again on Daily C. Think this is the most time I’ve spent racing a Daily race for a long time.
Headed to the Americas and was in mixed A+ to B lobbies. Had a few idiots who surprise surprise were at SR A & B. Not saying all low SR rank drivers are dirty but the majority I race are just dirty with slight punts and push to pass techniques. Other than that really enjoyed the racing on the Americas.

Did around 5-6 races. A couple of poor results due to others, but majority top 5 finishes. Best result a P2. Weather made an appear in half the races so thats always fun seeing people either get it right or wrong. One thing I don’t understand is these people who start of dry tyres and then think the braking point is the same position so they just smash people off.

See they is a new weather radar in the lobby but from streamers so far I don’t understand the point of it? Only shows us the last hour and not a possible predicted forecast.

I'm stuck on the Daily Race (Race C) loading screen after warm ups completed and race is about to start, started happening after the update. Thought it was a server issue, but twice in a row now. Anyone experiencing this? Do I need to repair game files?

edit: seems to have resolved itself

Last edited:
I just managed to improve my QT at Race B by a half second, from 1:35.308 to 1:34.771, in one big jump. And it was seconds before the start of the race - but enough time so I could save my replay. Very cool.
May I ask if there was anywhere in particular where you feel you gained the time, or any tips you have. I’m stuck at 1.35.1 despite hours of hot lapping. Really struggling to get into the 1.34s. It’s not that I’m bitter that you are now top of my friends lap rankings at all 😃

2 attempts at racing today, 2 disconnects.

1pm BST+1 Race C (and my first on pole 😥 )

1.10pm Race B (to kill time waiting for the next Race C)

This is the first time I've been chucked out of a lobby since I got PS5 a few months ago.

Edit: successfully got on after the usual routine of deleting web data etc.

The 2016 GT500s really have no chance here under race conditions. Had to switch to the CLK. This is still a great race (maybe 2 laps too long, you only get interesting battles in the final laps if you choose one of the cursed cars), but I find the Merc significantly less fun to drive around here. Specifically the Porsche curves are frustrating, but maybe I'm just spoilt. Additionally the only consistency I seem to be able to find in the '98 vehicle is consistently getting penalties at Indianapolis. Someone would do well to analyse what exactly constitutes a clean line through there!

Last edited:
Three times today, Race C freezes at the last screen before the rolling start. Strange that we've just had a 'maintenance update' :irked:

The GTR 2016 is staggeringly good in the final sector you're able to keep up with the CLKs.

What do you mean "keep up with the CLKs"? The GTR can annihilate the CLKs through the Porsche curves.

Have faith in the more modern aero-tech on the GTR and you'll see what I mean. The faster you go, the better it works. Go practice & Good luck.

Finally had a race yesterday where I wasn't completely murdered. I think that was the first time in 7 races. In B/S lobbies. I don't care about progressing, but to have the race ruined takes away the fun, so then it is really no point in playing. The most common thing is the Perez 2023 move where people send it from another zip code into hairpins and brake way way too late. I'm only referring to the dry races now, in the wet everything can happen.
Has been my experience too. Had 10 races so far and only the first 2 on monday were clean
Iv been killed in every form possible including pit manouvers when passing slower cars on straight.

I haven't put any time into quali the last couple of weeks, but now I understand that is a must so you can get away from the pack. It's really not hard to take avoiding action if you are about to crash into someone, but it will affect your race so people don't.
Im starting to think the opposite. I have a "decent" qualy time wich puts me in the top 3 or 5 starting place (A+/A american lobbies) and the first left hander its carnage. Theres always some hero playing pinball from behind and in case you can avoid being punted by going off the track you sureley will get some penalty.
Starting from the back, at least you could see the carnage as a viewer and not a victim.

Theres another big problem here and its the random ghosting system at Mulsanne.
Some people send it expecting to pentrate the car ahead exploiting the system but the ghosting not always "deploys".

I finished in the sand multiple times being rammed from behind and after questioning the move to some "fellow" racer I got a wonderful answer "sorry bro, you didnt ghost. Go cry to PD"

Im getting tired of this.

Last edited:
I do have a right to be annoyed here, yeah? P2 start at Kyoto Race B.

1. More down to PD rather than player but the 650S is ridiculously slow getting off the start compared to every other GT3 car out there! I wouldn't be surprised to see a standard Miata go part in a mile-long drag race....
  2. First sequence of events, starting corner 1, lap 1
    1. I had the corner, he still decided to first nudge my rear left to get me off the apex
    2. He then shoves past but I stay along side heading into the 1st chicane
    3. I stick to the right, make as much room as possible without going off and even let off the gas a bit
    4. He out-brakes himself and just decides that it's my time to exit..
  3. Heading into the downhill chicane at the start of sector 3, I still have damage and accept reality so I let the Mazda Vision past
    1. The 911 thinks it's fine to go for it, we make contact by turning into me (I don't turn into him and try to remain as straight as possible)
    2. 911 spins out and I am down to P11
Somehow climb my way up to P6 and then, heading out of the last corner on the final lap, I get P5 in the MOST BEAUTIFUL WAY POSSIBLE :)

Who do I see spin out from P1 as I sprint to the finish line and finish behind me!?! Of course, it's Mr Asshat from the very start of the race 😂 :dunce:

I did have a few good results in between that race, if I say so myself :cheers:

Attachments

• Holy trinity.jpeg
    Holy trinity.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Victory.jpeg
    Victory.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Don’t bother.
tune all you want, it doesn’t do anything. Any improvements are just placebo.
it’s quite annoying they allow some tuning and brake bias, you spend many hours trying to get it just right only to finally realize it most likely does nothing.
I’d be happily proven otherwise
I've been carefully tuning my suspension this week, decided not to today and improved my QT! I can definitely feel the difference with brake balance changes though.

And, after improving my QT, saw the first race this week where a CLK didn't win -

20230928_152420.jpg
20230928_152330.jpg

Admittedly this was rain assisted - a few of us went for IM tyres when rain appeared at the end of lap 1. By the final lap I was P3 (from P11) then P1 and P2 tangled on the Mulsanne Straight, and I managed to take the win!

May I ask if there was anywhere in particular where you feel you gained the time, or any tips you have. I’m stuck at 1.35.1 despite hours of hot lapping. Really struggling to get into the 1.34s. It’s not that I’m bitter that you are now top of my friends lap rankings at all 😃
LOL. I honestly don't know. I need to look at the replay, but other things are getting in the way right now. When I get a chance I'll share it in Showcase, and I'll post here when I do.

Race B isn't starting. I've been sitting here in the loading screen for 5 minutes.
Are the bugs back? 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ Last time this happened was many months ago.

IMG_20230928_195517.jpg

I don't want to lose DR points for this 💩. Anybody else with this problem?

EDIT: yep
Three times today, Race C freezes at the last screen before the rolling start. Strange that we've just had a 'maintenance update' :irked:
I'm stuck on the Daily Race (Race C) loading screen after warm ups completed and race is about to start, started happening after the update. Thought it was a server issue, but twice in a row now. Anyone experiencing this? Do I need to repair game files?

Last edited:
@hardvibes it's been happening to me all day too. I tried waiting a bit longer and it seems it's not a lobby kick, it's just they are taking forever to load. My last race only had 7 people left once it started.

And yes, it is costing us SR points. Something we really don't need this week.

Back