GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,715 comments
Anyone doing Race B often this week? Maybe you could help me as I am absolutely puzzled?!?!?! 😵‍💫

The race itself is fine, had a race on 2nd account, which I forgot to save/ take screenshot of, but I basically started P13 with a 1:35:2 (high B/ S rating) and ended up finishing P8 with 3 overtakes and 2 drivers greeting the barriers head on.

As for main account, I set a 1:34:8 driving the 650 S and I barely made it into the top 2k times?! I am 2 seconds slower than first page rankings and no idea what I am doing wrong.. The laps I am setting feel good i.e. I don't see any particular exits where I am slow or losing momentum.

Is there some curb riding exploit I don't know about? Not interested in joining the glory-hunting band if there is one, but I am curious to know where and why I am losing so much time to them... Is there maybe the miracle dive working 1 out of 100 times on the chicane at the start of sector 3 that shaves off so much from the lap time?

Did one race just now, starting P15 lol but at least managed to finish P12 after being run off the tarmac by the only driver behind me (lol) on lap 1 but managed to recover from the spin and catch up/ overtake the bottom group...

Lap time below, but YT will take 4 years to elevate to 4K quality, even though it's just a 90 second clip.... 😂🚽😂

I've been flowing Lesters ghost as he doesn't do the curb hook thing in T1 and T6 and in the 650 and 911 I'm running the same times and similar optimal.

QT 1:34.5 - only good enough for 900s

Optimals: 1:33.9/8

I have no idea other than doing banzai full throttles over both chicanes and the goose neck how they are sooo much faster at the top, the curb glitch can't account for all of that time 🤷‍♂️

NEW PROBLEM?

Twice today in Race C I've noticed weird time differentials between cars that either drastically reduce the gap or widen between cars.

Sitting in 2nd... the nearest guy behind is 2.5 seconds adrift. Next thing I know he's right up my exhaust pipe.
Another race in 2nd again and about 1.8 sec behind the leader. Suddenly, I'm right on him - gap down to about 0.4 sec. No visible sign of any issues, no big slides or near the penalty area.

Quite bazaar!

Hmmm.
Didn’t know curb riding there was a thing. At best I find myself 2 seconds down from top times when I’m on for a combo so I never suspected another exploit controversy.

I was 2 seconds off last night with no curb riding and still seeing gains in places. I avoid the cheats as well so won’t go there.

NEW PROBLEM?

Twice today in Race C I've noticed weird time differentials between cars that either drastically reduce the gap or widen between cars.

Sitting in 2nd... the nearest guy behind is 2.5 seconds adrift. Next thing I know he's right up my exhaust pipe.
Another race in 2nd again and about 1.8 sec behind the leader. Suddenly, I'm right on him - gap down to about 0.4 sec. No visible sign of any issues, no big slides or near the penalty area.

Quite bazaar!
Le Mans is quite different in GR2/1 cars that those deltas are the equivalent to half that in Gr3 because of the speed.

4 miles an hour better corner exit speed in them is a massive difference to Gr3

2s sounds a lot but at LeMan that one bad corner entry or a wobble on exit and that gap disappears super quick.

Sometimes, I just hate myself.... 😂

Right after posting my previous comment, I improved from 1:34:8 to 1:34:5 and was going much faster but race started before I could finish the lap. I started P4, driving well and staying out of trouble but close to the top 3. Then on lap 2, they slow each other down and I manage to execute the double overtake exiting the bottom chicane at sector 3 for P2.

As I start lap 4, I am comfortably ahead (around 3 seconds from P3) and around 3 seconds behind P1 but I am dumb... I notice I am only a couple of tenths off fastest lap and until then, was driving sensibly by doing consistent and decent laps and taking no risks to preserve the nice p2. But no..... Let's get fastest lap. Let's top off this great podium with another milestone statistic at the end of the race!

Sure enough, my dumb ass spins exiting too hard from the chicane and as I am spinning, I see my position drop from 2nd all the way down to around 12th place... Again, sometimes, I hate myself.

With minimal damage, I managed to compose myself and try to get some places back with 1.2 laps remaining. I managed a P11 finish but damn, like I said, sometimes - I am dumb! 😂🚽

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.46.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.46.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 9
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.45 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.45 (3).jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.45.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 17.45.45.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    277.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
NEW PROBLEM?

Quite bazaar!
Can’t say I’ve noticed that issue, but if you starting P10 of back your starting on the Ford Chicane. In the wet it’s awful as you can’t stick the throttle down

Race C in VR is such an experience....
And yes, spray is kinda horrible, but seeing those machines go past you is stunning.
Also, the Merc star is like a WW1 crosshair in the middle of the car.
I'm slow (3.44) but having a lot of fun with cleaner races than expected.

It should have night cycle and it'd perfect.

Ahhhhhh! I finally figured out all the corners with the 650S at Kyoto and just as I am about to smash into the 1:33's I make a mistake exiting the final chicane and lost almost 0.4s to cross the line at 1:34:3 😵‍💫 And I cannot try anymore as we have a dinner to go to and wife just popped her head into the living room and gave me the look of death as we are going to be late 😂

Enjoy guys and good luck!

Race I threw away because I have the IQ of an ashtray:

1:34:3 qualy time which I should have got into the 1:33's but I crapped the last chicane and lost a lot of time:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 18.45.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-26 at 18.45.00.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
After planning to race exclusively Race C this week, I've realised Race B is going to have to be my "SR reparation" event (yes, my first wet race at Le Man's was a bumpy affair).

I could totally see myself hammering out race after race at Sarthe, but after taking a hit and not being able to guarantee dry races there, I think a DR reset is on the horizon so I'll have to dip into Yamagiwa once in a while.

Movie at 11! Or rather now.....
I seek confirmation or denial for my opinion here....
The guy in the Lexus '08 with a name like a dead pet.
I feel I pass him fair and square, then as we brake for second chicane I am well ahead but he dives in to the line I am already committed to, doesn't make it past and on the following straight he pit manoeuvre me.
So the question is, did I wrong him?

I feel I pass him fair and square, then as we brake for second chicane I am well ahead but he dives in to the line I am already committed to, doesn't make it past and on the following straight he pit manoeuvre me.

Crappy move by him.

Did you do anything wrong, maybe but honestly no one was moving like professionals. So nope, no problems.

I've had similar competitors (sic) in B

But I quit my races, killed my ratings but oh well.

I don't think so, but I struggle with this scenario a lot. If I've committed to a line, we're already in the turn, and they THEN end-up where I had intended to be, who's at fault? I have a sinking suspicion that the correct thing to do is move your line, scream at them for dive-bombing and move-on.

Problem is, I struggle with actually doing that in the moment. When 💩 goes down, it's pure petulance time with me screaming "it was MY line" like a five-year-old. This is what pushed me around the outside line all the time...then I just bitch about getting beached or barriered.

I can be taught, though, so hopefully the hive-mind can help out here...:cheers:

Sometimes, I just hate myself.... 😂

Right after posting my previous comment, I improved from 1:34:8 to 1:34:5 and was going much faster but race started before I could finish the lap. I started P4, driving well and staying out of trouble but close to the top 3. Then on lap 2, they slow each other down and I manage to execute the double overtake exiting the bottom chicane at sector 3 for p2

Sure enough, my dumb ass spins exiting too hard from the chicane and as I am spinning, I see my position drop from 2nd all the way down to around 12th place... Again, sometimes, I hate myself.

With minimal damage, I managed to compose myself and try to get some places back with 1.2 laps remaining. I managed a P11 finish but damn, like I said, sometimes - I am dumb! 😂🚽
I wondered where you went from P2 - I started well but got wrecked twice by the same guy on 2 consecutive laps. Think I finished 14th🙄 next race was better, climbing from 12th to 7th in the RCZ.

I don't think so, but I struggle with this scenario a lot. If I've committed to a line, we're already in the turn, and they THEN end-up where I had intended to be, who's at fault? I have a sinking suspicion that the correct thing to do is move your line, scream at them for dive-bombing and move-on.

Problem is, I struggle with actually doing that in the moment. When 💩 goes down, it's pure petulance time with me screaming "it was MY line" like a five-year-old. This is what pushed me around the outside line all the time...then I just bitch about getting beached or barriered.

I can be taught, though, so hopefully the hive-mind can help out here...:cheers:
Honestly, I didn't see him come flying, I suspect he had his BB to the front while mine was to the rear. So I was surprised when we collided but tried to make room afterwards, as you can see I stay to the right as much as my speed allows.
It's mostly the pit manoeuvre that angered me. Or annoyed is a better word

Sneaking the nose of their car, into your right rear quarter panel, should not entitle them to your line.

Ahem. I think I'm gonna like Race B this week.

1695766326552.png

Almost got passed twice, but we were both clean and I guess I tightened my sphincter more than he did. :lol:

Love how the 911 handles on this track, and how fast it is. It's been a week since my last win, and I've only had 3 wins this month, so I'm a happy, happy guy.
I find it hard to follow what's happening in videos that use that camera view. For determining this type of incident, I think it's easier to see with the chase cam.

Brutal

Rear ending, dive bombing...we all know when guys do it intentionally. As annoying as it is, there are times in which it is an honest mistake. Hell, we've all made mistakes that come across as dirty.

But when someone is driving right beside you and they side swipe/pit maneuver, 100% trying to make you spin out......that is much more black and white. There must be a way to distinguish the two and implement a stiff penalty?? loss of credits, instantly removed from the race, locked out of the game...something

3 races for me tonight as usual in race B. I did want to get my qualifying time down to a mid 1:35 which I did in a quick practice session with a 1:35.6XX. Then I enter a race and manage to get my time down to a 1:35.1XX and I'm excited with that result.

So, race 1 has me on pole. But, I immediately mess up turn 1 and the esses and fall to P2. I miss the final chicane and get an off track penalty. I eventually finish P3 while fighting to keep the Porsche on track. I was pushing too had and that made the race harder than it needed to be.

Race 2 has me in P3 and the dirty air in the esses was throwing me off. Lap 2 has me in P6 and I get sent to the realms by a driver who missed their brake marker in the 35R hairpin. I finish P12 in the end. I checked the replay and it wasn't intentional so just an unlucky break for me.

Race 3 has me in P7 and a terrible decision my me to enter the esses side by side drops me back to P10 on lap 3. Thanks to some crashes I finish P8.

It's been clean racing from what I've seen. There were a few instances where a driver will be on a defensive line then shoot across track to the regular racing line and make the turn. I know you can make a move, but that seems a bit of an extreme move to me. A driver almost chopped my nose as i didn't see it coming. I'm liking this combo so far despite my mixed results.

Stoked to see the Porsche is running well here. Have only had time for a handful of laps and the car feels good, just need to find my pace. Currently sitting mid 35's and that's gonna make life harder. Need to fix. Kinda missin' the suspension adjustments...I want my squishmobile back. After running all weekend on the softer settings, plus the switch to tires with a durometer rating that would make the Flintstone's proud, there was a bit of a learning curve.😁

Thanks for posting the results, stories and critique requests. It allows me to live vicariously through y'all. Keep up the good racin'!

Good luck out there!:cheers:

Honestly, I didn't see him come flying, I suspect he had his BB to the front while mine was to the rear. So I was surprised when we collided but tried to make room afterwards, as you can see I stay to the right as much as my speed allows.
It's mostly the pit manoeuvre that angered me. Or annoyed is a better word
You managed to stay in front of him and, despite appearing to have the faster car, this clearly offended him. I have noticed that certain drivers are easily offended by folks daring to be in front of them.
Maybe it’s a regional thing? Maybe it’s just a general trait of being an utter tool?
Chances are that it’s just a gamer taking advantage of the fact that they can now openly abuse a fellow competitor without ANY of their actions being penalised?
Then again, maybe I’m just far too cynical……..but then again, maybe not.

Last edited:
Have the servers been more unstable lately? The entire first year was pretty much flawless connection-wise (ignoring the 36h shutdown lmao) but recently I've been having so many connection errors on race starts.

You did nothing wrong. They were probably annoyed that their stupid move got them a 2 second penalty and wanted to take it out on you.

You managed to stay in front of him and, despite appearing to have the faster car, this clearly offended him. I have noticed that certain drivers are easily offended by folks daring to be in front of them.
Maybe it’s a regional thing? Maybe it’s just a general trait of being an utter tool?
I was just talking about this with my wife yesterday... except I am the tool. I was trying to understand why I get offended sometimes when someone passes me.

There are plenty of times I'm happy to let someone go by me because they're obviously faster than me, and letting them pass is the best thing for both of us - unless it's late in the final lap, of course.

And if I mess up and people pass me, that's on me and the only person I get upset with is myself.

But sometimes, when someone passes me just because they're better/faster/whatever than me, and I didn't intentionally let them pass, it seems to trigger something inside me. The vast vast vast majority of the time I shake it off. But every once in a while, I just become the utter tool.

Like I said, I don't know why, and I'm much better, but it still happens and I have no clue why. I should probably see a therapist about this (seriously). ... time passes ... Actually, now that I about it, I think I know why it happens. Ah, a moment of clarity! I hope I can incorporate this into overcoming my toolish responses.

Sorry, everyone, for subjecting you all to my "therapy session". :lol:

Back