GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Today I did about 10 Q laps on B to try to figure out where I can gain some time. I loaded the current number one as a ghost and managed to get few insights but nothing major - those guys are unreal.

Then I jumped in to a race. And sitting at pole is the current number one that I just spent 10 laps looking at! And for that matter, number 14 and 68 as well were on the grid. Probably 1-2 more top 100 were there. I started 9, finished 8. Next race, started 6, ended 5. No passes though, just benefit from others mistakes.

Very clean races, few mistakes here and there, but in general very fast, clean and super exiting. This track is unreal.

Today I did about 10 Q laps on B to try to figure out where I can gain some time. I loaded the current number one as a ghost and managed to get few insights but nothing major - those guys are unreal.

Then I jumped in to a race. And sitting at pole is the current number one that I just spent 10 laps looking at! And for that matter, number 14 and 68 as well were on the grid. Probably 1-2 more top 100 were there. I started 9, finished 8. Next race, started 6, ended 5. No passes though, just benefit from others mistakes.

Very clean races, few mistakes here and there, but in general very fast, clean and super exiting. This track is unreal.
Watch their replays. Watch it again and watch it again.

The top guys are some how using road that
We don't have access to.

I'm TT now to be honest the Evo is a joy to drive to be honest

@TechnoIsLove familiar faces in your race B lobby, I've seen that particular culprit not too fussed about the way they make themselves look on track.

Lucky I 'cheated' and used the GTR to set a better quali time and now I just start ahead of them.

Have you noticed after a few races these kinda drivers mysteriously disappear from the lobbies? 😂

@TechnoIsLove familiar faces in your race B lobby, I've seen that particular culprit not too fussed about the way they make themselves look on track.

Lucky I 'cheated' and used the GTR to set a better quali time and now I just start ahead of them.

Have you noticed after a few races these kinda drivers mysteriously disappear from the lobbies? 😂
Yes, and it is friggin weird and shady!

Vantage win at race B, still a unicorn ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_6411.jpeg
    IMG_6411.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6409.jpeg
    IMG_6409.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6410.jpeg
    IMG_6410.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6408.jpeg
    IMG_6408.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 7
Nobody’s really talking about it, but I’m having amazing fun in Race A this week! For those of you who have been asking for advice, this is a great, slow motion way to learn how to drive in a crowd. There’s lots of time to think about what’s going on and what your options are. The Merak has great response to throttle adjustments so you can learn how to induce oversteer or understeer mid-turn around other cars.

Give it a shot. It’s also a great way to buff your SR after this week of bloodletting in the other two races!

Last edited:
I was keen to have a go at Race C at Mount Panorama this week. After 3 races, I now call it Blood-Bathurst! 😂
If ever there was a certified way to destroy your ratings, this is it. I’m have no doubt clean races can be had, but the probability in the lower ranks is about the same as a dry day in Wales.🤣

Last edited:
Well I'm getting back in the racing today. Phew what a stressful day yesterday and Wednesday night. I had to take my cousin some food because they weren't feeling well. And then Thursday I had a doctor appointment and then I ran some errands so I did not get to play gt7. But I'm glad that I did other things to occupy me, now I feel calmer and ready to race.

@330_D nice to see you stepping in the races, you're usually smashing the TT's and winning 2M most of the time.

@Akers so how's the races coming along in the GTWS series?

Next race is tomorrow, Suzuki Cappuccino one-make race at Road Atlanta. I can remember the circuit from the recent Daily Race B, but will need to do some practice in the Cappuccino this evening to re-familiarise and prepare.
You've still go time to join the series. I believe final standings will be your 2 best results from the 4 rounds.

Last edited:
Well I'm getting back in the racing today. Phew what a stressful day yesterday and Wednesday night. I had to take my cousin some food because they weren't feeling well. And then Thursday I had a doctor appointment and then I ran some errands so I did not get to play gt7. But I'm glad that I did other things to occupy me, now I feel calmer and ready to race.

@330_D nice to see you stepping in the races, you're usually smashing the TT's and winning 2M most of the time.

Last I knew I was top 100 in the world at GV so for me to not run fast there would be pretty lame. I had to throw a couple down. My rating is up nearly to C these days. 2 races bumped my DR almost all the way back to mediocre. 😂😂 I really wish online wasn't a bloodbath. It's fun in a good lobby. It's the most frustrating thing everywhere else.

Last edited:
Haha, I was thinking Trial Mountain would be in the B slot for next week. It's like I manifested it or something! How strange.

Last edited:
I am a fan of Brands Hatch, I love all the scenery and people out there and the graphics look so real, in HD.

I swear PD love Lago Maggiore! I don’t think it’s been out of the rotation for longer than 3 weeks. I don’t mind the track, it’s just a place I can’t seem to get right!

Looking forward to trial mountain personally. Hated the sector between tunnels for a long time but it’s become one of my favourite tracks over the last year. I used to find the first half of it really sloppy but now I think that and Deep Mountain are two of my favourite most fluid tracks. Hoping it’s GR.3 here

Brands Hatch, admittedly not a track I enjoy, I struggle so much on it that I’ve become avoidant of it 😂 but nice to get a bit of variation for daily races!

Ive decided that Bathurst is the best track in the world :), or at least the one I enjoy the most at GT7.

Last night I have remarkable race starting from P8 and finishing on P4 on a really, really tough lobby.

1709298620238.png

1709298664400.png

With that crowd around me, it felt like a victory!
Tested the RC F ´17, a car wich I didnt like before the last bop adjustment but now, oh boy... it handles so smooth over the mountain and has a very good top speed on the straight.

I have just one last night of racing and then I will skip the following two weeks but for a good reason (holiday with my wife).

Have fun!

I was keen to have a go at Race C at Mount Panorama this week. After 3 races, I now call it Blood-Bathurst! 😂
If ever there was a certified way to destroy your ratings, this is it. I’m have no doubt clean races can be had, but the probability in the lower ranks is about the same as a dry day in Wales.🤣
Haven't had a problem with SR, it's stayed at 100% all week, but my DR is starting to suffer.

As is usual, people get to grips with the track as the week goes on, and I'm now finishing in the bottom half rather than the top half - DR very much in danger of slipping from B to C 🙁

Anyone know if Nord is considered high speed track? I'd imagine it is due to the few long straights... but it's also got very slow sectors as well. That is the only race of the GTWS I really even care about.

Last edited:
At high speed BOP races, it will definetly be the META.
Hey, I haven't seen you post here in a while. Have you tried the Bathhurst races? GV- South is a hard track to learn, it's got some blind corners too. And watch the first turn after the tunnel, I misjudged the turn and went head first in the sand and walls.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Nord is considered high speed track? I'd imagine it is due to the few long straights... but it's also got very slow sectors as well. That is the only race of the GTWS I really even care about.
Yes Nordschleife is considered a high speed track

Back