GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
Yes, and also the Nordschleife has that final straightway where you can drive real fast for a brief period, just use caution and brake early before the last chicane before the sharp right turn before the finish line.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Nord is considered high speed track? I'd imagine it is due to the few long straights... but it's also got very slow sectors as well. That is the only race of the GTWS I really even care about.
It gets the Mid-speed High-speed BoP settings, if that's what you're asking. There's a not-quite-up-to-date track list organized by BoP class here, if you haven't seen it before. It doesn't have the Endurance variation listed -- which is the one we're at for GTWS -- but I checked in the game, myself, yesterday and confirmed because I was wondering the same thing.

Edit: At least I thought I did. @FluxWildly's answer make me second check. He was right.

Last edited:
10% of the tracks in the game are Lago Maggiore variants - more if you exclude the off-road courses. If you were to just pick track variations at random it'd show up every three weeks or so.
Having thought about this quite a bit since the first time you pointed it out.

It does raise the question of why circuits like high speed ring or blue moon don't feature very much.

Whilst I get percentages and the law of odds I'm not sure that works when you objectively step back and choose weekly races.

Whilst the tracks are fixed the cars you can put on them is much much greater so it's down to creative choice rather than randomly there is just more variants of a track or am I misunderstanding this?

Having thought about this quite a bit since the first time you pointed it out.

It does raise the question of why circuits like high speed ring or blue moon don't feature very much.

Whilst I get percentages and the law of odds I'm not sure that works when you objectively step back and choose weekly races.

Whilst the tracks are fixed the cars you can put on them is much much greater so it's down to creative choice rather than randomly there is just more variants of a track or am I misunderstanding this?
The GT7 Events Team very much does not pick the tracks at random, no - and of course there's nothing preventing the same track appearing twice in the same week...

As a quick example, by random selection you'd expect Circuit de Sainte-Croix to appear three times as often as any of Trial Mountain or Deep Forest or Suzuka or technically Spa...

Yeah, don't think I'll manage that again.

Attachments

• 18dfb971d3d31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18dfb971d3d31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 18dfb974a7839-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18dfb974a7839-screenshotUrl.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 4
The GT7 Events Team very much does not pick the tracks at random, no - and of course there's nothing preventing the same track appearing twice in the same week...

As a quick example, by random selection you'd expect Circuit de Sainte-Croix to appear three times as often as any of Trial Mountain or Deep Forest or Suzuka or technically Spa...
Fair, but it's missing my point.

Having PD tuned cars at TM or SSX is outside of the fake box.

Those are great races.

My point was not so much on track selection more racing environments which is the selection of car configurations vs track ones.

I appreciate you don't pick these or have skin in the game with them. My point was more about the whole canvas is there to use and yet it's mostly cookie cutter.

Another day another miracle - lowered my QT in race B to 1:09.294 and now at 194 on the leaderboard. I still mess up in the last left hander on top of the hill after the bridge, I have no idea how to take that turn. Either I cut too much too soon and get no traction, or too late and have to lift off after I start accelerate. Very hard to get just right. I have VR, so braking and accelerating points are a bit floating.

4 races today, I have to capitalize this track as much as I can. Stated around 4-6, mix A+ and A, finished 4,4,3,3. Last race I finished ahead of two single digit leaderboarders (they crashed far ahead of me).

Anyhow a week ago I was 70% B, now seven days later I'm at 60% A and climbing. Pretty proud of myself, and I will remember this magical week for a long time!

Is it Xmas already?! 🎄

Just had a very rare sequence of events happen!

1. I spent waaaay too much time to admit tuning the DD map settings and car settings for Race B this evening
  2. Found my perfect config for the above
  3. Improved my time by around 0.120 to set a 1:09:436 (hey there @Robster UK 😘)
  4. Jumped into a race with some extremely fast drivers
  5. Entire race was just 1 pack of cars, all close together
  6. The racing was CLEAN AND FAIR AND AMAZING
  7. Finished in P9 in what was for sure one of the most exciting and "maximum-effort" races I ever had to do!
  8. No negative things to report?! Not even one?! What's going on??? 🤣

1709332943950.jpeg
1709332961135.jpeg

1709332979241.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I did about 10 Q laps on B to try to figure out where I can gain some time. I loaded the current number one as a ghost and managed to get few insights but nothing major - those guys are unreal.

Then I jumped in to a race. And sitting at pole is the current number one that I just spent 10 laps looking at! And for that matter, number 14 and 68 as well were on the grid. Probably 1-2 more top 100 were there. I started 9, finished 8. Next race, started 6, ended 5. No passes though, just benefit from others mistakes.

Very clean races, few mistakes here and there, but in general very fast, clean and super exiting. This track is unreal.
Agree. Really like GVH, maybe b/c I live in Cali and it’s the PCH. But also I enjoy road races. Been in B/S lobbies all week at GVH losing DR but having fun!

Wanted to join you guys at Grand Valley and did like 10 QT laps. Absolutely NONE of them were valid (What's with the track limit?) and I feel the old Ford from the current TT actually drives better than the Gr.4 McLaren :lol: May come back to this later...

Then flew to Bathurst before I call it a night. No major BoP change with the Gr.3 McLaren and it drives as good as ever on RS. Managed to (almost) match my TT time with my best ever Sector 2 and 3 - basically just braved through those sectors and kept my foot on the throttle. Shame I cannot get into 1:59's but, I just love this combo and wanted to do this as much as possible before it goes away.

IMG_8603.JPG

IMG_8604.JPG

Great race you had there at GV! @TechnoIsLove!

Last edited:
4 very enjoyable races in the top 3-5 at Bathurst this morning. Tbh i enjoy almost any race here, i just love driving the track lol

Been fortunate to this point to have good racing this week. Seen a lot of respect on the mountain which goes a really long way to making it a fun track.

Decided to try the vette as i noticed it starting to show up more and i just remembered i own one 😂. Was a bit sketchy in the race as i am not used to the car, but my optimal lap at the end was almost as fast as I'd had all week so i decided to run some q laps to get to know her better and was .5 from my current time on lap 1 😲 did this car get a bop boost or was it just massively slept on early in the week.

More Q laps today trying to get in the 0.4s
Still couldn't make it so jumped straight to the 0.3s instead.😉
Damn, I am 99.99% sure that you and @Nebuc72 will top my LB this week (unless someone else also moves ahead of me) as I have come as close to 0.002 to my best times a few times, but never better as I always screw up just a teeney bit one place or another 🤣

Only had time for one race today (just a few minutes ago) but went well 😀

1709408804429.jpeg
1709408813797.jpeg

Last edited:
After looking at the daily races, I felt that race C would be the best choice. That being said, I felt that the chance of wrecking other people's race was almost 100%. So I decided that I would use this week as a practice event. So here are a couple laps.

Improved to 171 (1:09.247) on the leaderboard, and did 6 races yesterday - flirting with A+ level now, but stopped my racing for the day after SR took a massive hit when I was playing pinball between the walls on my own. I think I call it a week.
From now on, with the regular tracks coming up, my DR will drop down from 90% A to my usual mid-high B.

It has been a fantastic adventure to race the top of the top, and the professionalism they have shown was a true pleasure to experience.

I will remember this week for a long time.

Last edited:
Race C has been great this week. I wanted to try race A as well which looks fun, but focused on trying a few cars in C. There is no meta which is great, the Genises X ruled the leaderboards early in the week but I have hardly seen it in races over the weekend. I swopped that for stable Mustang and had a blast.

Always a pleasure to watch the first lap idiots get punished because Bathurst generally doesnt favor inpatience or dive bombs.

Best week for ages. Brands should be good next. Just hope its not GR.4.

Ran a Race C this morning, Q10 with a P6. Very fun race using the Beetle Gr.3. While waiting for the next race to start I jumped into a Race A that pretty much ended today's racing (small 8 car lobby Q7, P7). For a race that has NO DR benefits some still seem to think dirty driving is the answer.

Having not raced this week I hopped on my US account to start from the back (with no expectations) and the racing was surprisingly good both in B and C dailies.

That said the US lobbies are sparse compared to Europe, my US account is 2 pixels in to DR B but the lobby was half A+ and half B/C which we don't get frequently in Europe/EMEA the spread is almost always a lot closer

That said the US lobbies are sparse compared to Europe, my US account is 2 pixels in to DR B but the lobby was half A+ and half B/C which we don't get frequently in Europe/EMEA the spread is almost always a lot closer
I wonder if the start of new racing seasons will improve American participation? I certainly got all the NASCAR fans last week at Maggiore!

One win, okay, but nevertheless, it’s Death Valley in race B 😂 gained to DR B and back to C 🤷🏻‍♂️ now I’ll recover my nerves and wait for next weeks races 😂🥴

I wonder if the start of new racing seasons will improve American participation? I certainly got all the NASCAR fans last week at Maggiore!
It might well be a seasonal thing. Was surprised with F1 kicking off this weekend and off the back of a fairly drivable Nations.

I'm assuming I was on east coast servers so still relatively early for them.

But as you know the lobby spreads in Europe are much tighter, not a good or bad, better or worse thing just different.

Is indy car still a big thing in the US like it used to be?

Edit: I've always assumed that the US audience gravitates to Forza because of XBox. Literally no evidence for this just anecdotal opinion

Last edited:
From the onset of GT7, with the PS4/PS5 split, I noticed that we PS5 users lost a lot of the Central & South American participants.
Many of them are very good, and for the most part, I really liked racing with them in GT Sport.

From the onset of GT7, with the PS4/PS5 split, I noticed that we PS5 users lost a lot of the Central & South American participants.
Many of them are very good, and for the most part, I really liked racing with them in GT Sport.
I know it all games and it was a bad time generally when they launched the PS5 and GT it is just a little sad across the board :(

Hopefully the numbers pick up a bit from where they were. I had no issues with any of the CA/SA peeps. Everyone just trying to race.

Same mostly these days in EMEA lobbies, on the whole, that said even with a larger spread the EU parings seem to match you to people you've seen before and that history helps foster better racing, not always but largely so.

Having not raced this week I hopped on my US account to start from the back (with no expectations) and the racing was surprisingly good both in B and C dailies.

Yup. Im a sweaty b in practice this week

Yup. Im a sweaty b in practice this week
OT: I'm trying to figure out how to justify/afford VR btw. I always do some cockpit laps and have done VR before but this weeks TT in the Evo has shown me what I'm missing. Not sure I can do it any time soon at the moment but my god I'd love it and be faster

Latest Posts

Back