GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,710 comments
My highest finish in B QT this week less than a second off No1, racing has been clean even with that first corner where most have just followed with respect on the first lap. Not that many overtaking opportunities mainly only when walls were clipped. Finished the week with the same DR and SR as I started after about 10 races.
18e055e6e0044-screenshotUrl.jpg

Ending this week with one last race at Bathurst. A very tough lobby with almost half A+ drivers. Had @GOTMAXPOWER ‘s company in my race and he was seriously quick! I was on pole and was pushing those early laps like hell (2:02-03 on RM where I have never gone below 2:04 all week) but he was on my tail in no time and was long gone before I realize. Made 2 almost race ending mistakes at the eases but fortunately kept it together.

My RS tyre pace in the latter laps were a bit better but still no match to the leading Corvette, satisfied with 2nd in such a tough lobby!

IMG-8635.jpg

I couldn't resist to do a couple more B races today again. Improved time to 1:09:209 and got back to where I started the week at 171, but then with a much slower time. The improvements over the week from everyone is really impressive.

Last race I was in P1 for a short while, but dropped it in the tunnel and spun - ended last, so that leaves a bit foul taste. Anyhow a very productive week in summary. Perhaps not if you ask my wife.

I have slacked off this week on the daily races, I found them quite boring on Friday so I weened myself out, I'm doing the TT's which offer big rewards and payouts if you are a fast driver, for whichever equipment you use.

OT: I'm trying to figure out how to justify/afford VR btw. I always do some cockpit laps and have done VR before but this weeks TT in the Evo has shown me what I'm missing. Not sure I can do it any time soon at the moment but my god I'd love it and be faster
You would have it down to pennies an hour in no time. Fractions of a penny even!

But seriously..Your such a, for the love of the game, kinda guy..and this is the thing which brings it all together. And i 💩 thee not my good man. This is childish mother plucking wonder, and while im largely used to it, the honeymoon period is long. Usually joy is this ethereal priceless thing. This time its 500 beans. After 1 year and only playing gt7 it feels like a bargain.

I mean really, when was the last time you dropped an f bomb in happiness? Cause your gonna !

Anyway, im going to go grab a couple laps before the wife gets home.

That said the US lobbies are sparse compared to Europe, my US account is 2 pixels in to DR B but the lobby was half A+ and half B/C which we don't get frequently in Europe/EMEA the spread is almost always a lot closer
What time are you racing. If I race outside of Europe social hours I also find the Euro servers to be sparsely populated. For example, I can see races with C to A+ drivers.

I should have spent a lot of time racing this week as I was doing well on B, but after Tuesday I got busy with other things so did not spend much time after that. Honestly, now we're getting into better weather, I'll be online a lot less.

Last edited:
Oh wow, a Group B class showdown at Maggiore, this just got my attention big time. Get a load of this y'all. I haven't looked at the event details for TM and Brands Hatch yet. It's been a while since we've had a Group B event in sport mode.

Hey! There's no traction control!? I can't set the TCS, I thought you could do it on paved roads.

Last edited:
Well the least I can say is Trial Mountain is one of my favorite tracks to race on, so I'm excited about it. @GrumpyOldMan must be too, cause he was on early doing laps too, so did Glen.

PD is strict on the wall penalties there though, I've done 3 races so far and each one I've gotten 2 penalties in each one! I hate Sector 1 before the first tunnel, it's a blind corner and you have to anticipate what is coming ahead. All I know is the penalties are ramped up here, any wall I hit, I receive one.

Last edited:
Love GVH, but really struggled at the start of the week, losing a lot of DR!

But got faster, set a better QT, and was competitive in B/S lobbies. Track has a lovely flow to it starting with the tricky T1/tunnel, which is satisfying to get right. Racing was pretty clean too, though I did encounter a really dirty driver mid-week, but that was the exception.

And my week at GVH ended with three great races last night in mixed A+/A/B lobbies where I felt I did really well to stay with the pack as a low B driver. Finished 13th one race, only 15 seconds off P1, and in the last slot of the week started 10th, finished 8th, 10 seconds off P1.

Hope everyone has a good week racing! Maybe I’ll try and finally get to grips with Brands!?

It's a great time attack circuit, not sure 4 laps is enough and it's not as fun as the Tuned cars race.....I miss that one a lot.
Oh yeah the race sucks, I just like the track hahaha.
The races as a whole have been very uninteresting to me for a while now so I just do some leaderboard time trialling when I feel like it. I do my part by racing when we get a new or interesting combo, but those are few and far between.

Little will get me to do a 4 lap sprint on a track with risky overtaking opportunities, it's a recipe for a miserable experience.

Managed to get 1:50.3xx at Trial Mountain and that puts me at 338 on the leaderboard. Really difficult to keep a full lap together without touching anything. For some reason the last extended chicane just before the end doesn't work well for me, can't get any traction out of it no matter what line I pick.

No settings, just the standard tune in the Lexus.

I did only one race today, pure A lobby, started 3 and finished 2, but exchanged positions a couple of times. I made 2 only because the car in front touched the wall - some luck there for me. All very clean and tidy. I really like the heavy penalties and these tighter tracks.

Ambition for me this week would be to get down to 1:49.xxx

Managed to get 1:50.3xx at Trial Mountain and that puts me at 338 on the leaderboard. Really difficult to keep a full lap together without touching anything. For some reason the last extended chicane just before the end doesn't work well for me, can't get any traction out of it no matter what line I pick.

No settings, just the standard tune in the Lexus.

I did only one race today, pure A lobby, started 3 and finished 2, but exchanged positions a couple of times. I made 2 only because the car in front touched the wall - some luck there for me. All very clean and tidy. I really like the heavy penalties and these tighter tracks.

Ambition for me this week would be to get down to 1:49.xxx
Similar experience is top B/low A split lobbies. I stopped QT to race so only just in to the 1:50s 1:49s are achievable.

Race wise a 3rd to 3rd only minor drama with a Ferrari that pushed up the inside at the chicane with a 1.5 pen 🤷‍♂️

Next race 5th to 2nd to quit. I clipped a curb and the spin was big so I got 2 wall penalties and I know it's a short race I just didn't fancy tonight lapping on my own outside of TT.

Probably not going to do brands as it takes all my effort to be vaguely competitive there, I also don't enjoy Clark Curve and the remainder of sector 2 there. Personally I find it hard to extract pace from it so I'll Evo TT or do TM sparingly this week.

Lol after setting up my DD to be perfect for the Gr4 I need to do it again this week for Gr3 🤣 😅

Did some banker laps with some cars (McLaren, RS01, R8 and HTR) with default settings and just changing the BB and wheel settings. Will spend next 20 min trying at least changing the car settings of 1 car before it's family TV time. Will either continue late tonight once Mrs Saab falls asleep or else tomorrow evening.

Already can see that @AdxRE @Nebuc72 and @newmedia_dev will be difficult to match this week but as always, healthy competition just drives us all to improve so looking forward to a week of swearing at myself and the banter over here 🤣

Good luck all and may the racing around you be clean - which I know is impossible but never hurts to dream 😝

** UPDATE **

Did the aforementioned 20 minutes on the 650S and went well, improved by 0.7s within 5 laps and find myself in (P473 - early days, obviously) with a 1:50:476. I know I obviously can go faster and with default settings, I was actually 1s faster with the RS01 so that will be the car I play around with when I next have some time 😀

1709583170921.jpeg

Last edited:
** UPDATE **

Did the aforementioned 20 minutes on the 650S and went well, improved by 0.7s within 5 laps and find myself in (P473 - early days, obviously) with a 1:50:476. I know I obviously can go faster and with default settings, I was actually 1s faster with the RS01 so that will be the car I play around with when I next have some time
God damn it, I was hoping to put up an early fight. If I don't drink to many beers now I may revisit this tonight. Otherwise it's the morning grrr I think I'm still top 509 for the Evo and wanted to improve that. Damn you! 🤣

Also @GrumpyOldMan you have put the hammer down, a 2 second improvement already! Damn dude!

How goddamn hard is it for PD to just apply a tiny bit of logic to those stupid 1.5 second barrier collison penalties?

I've had all 5 of my races this evening ruined by getting pinballed into the walls at Trial Mountain (I can't be arsed putting up with getting punted into the gravel at Bland Hatch) and picking up those penalties. I wish I could say enough is enough but I know I'll just park myself in my seat tomorrow for at least another hour of Collision with Barrier Torture.

Well the least I can say is Trial Mountain is one of my favorite tracks to race on, so I'm excited about it. @GrumpyOldMan must be too, cause he was on early doing laps too, so did Glen.
Ditto. I was up early uploading the new week for GranTracker, and took a few spins on the track.
PD is strict on the wall penalties there though
I know, right? WHY???
You might wanna go back to bed when you look again......🤣
Also @GrumpyOldMan you have put the hammer down, a 2 second improvement already! Damn dude!
You improved even more than I did, so "damn, dude" back a ya! I'm still getting used to using RMs with Gr.3s on this track - not complaining, but I'm losing some time by not using optimal gearing coming into and out of some of the corners.

Even though I love Trial Mountain, I hate the final chicane. Mostly because I'm just not sure what's the best line, best gearing, best braking, etc. I mean, I see what people are doing in the leaders' replays, but I just get a little messed up when I try it myself.

But at least I'm healthy and can actually do some racing this week. 3 races in 3 weeks really sucked.

DK
How goddamn hard is it for PD to just apply a tiny bit of logic to those stupid 1.5 second barrier collison penalties?
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if PD ever learned how to communicate their thinking to us (ever hear of something called social media, PD?), it would change our opinion of them sooo much. Give us a reason - any reason! Otherwise we just assume they're stupid, or don't care, or both.
DK
I wish I could say enough is enough but I know I'll just park myself in my seat tomorrow for at least another hour of Collision with Barrier Torture.
Yep, it's the truth. I hope nobody adds up the times I've said that I'm done with this, only to get back on in less than twelve hours.

Back