GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,512 comments
I do think the main side contact was your fault. Looking at it from my perspective, you were behind heading into T2 and I might have backed off and slotted in behind. The other car, I think, knew you were there and stayed wide so you both made it through that corner. At T3 they then had the inside line with nowhere to go and you came in on them. I think as you forced the issue of being side by side at T2 it would then be on you to maintain that at T3 but you collided. Whose actual moved caused that is hard to determine but I think you bare more than 50% probable cause for the initial set up.

Reasoning: What would have happened at T4 if you’d made it through that probably would have been a wreck into the wall anyway. That’s not the place for side by side; hence why I would have slipped in behind at T2.

Anyway, I’m not a race car driver, I only play one on TV, do that that as you will. 🤷🏼‍♂️
no reason to slot in behind him, he was off the racing line. I feel it was on him to drop in front of me AND he started to make the move to drop in front and didn't. I forced the issue of being side by side because he made the mistake and allowed it. HE made the mistake, I believe he should have lifted. In his position, I never would have left the butt of the 911 in front of me.

edit: he took the wide line on turn 1 that I love taking, but he left the draft behind the 911.

Last edited:
I got called out in chat for this, but I honestly am not sure how this is my fault. He choose not to come down in front of me when he had the chance allowing me to get my nose where he should have been. I gave him the room to make it and he choose not to lift and bounce off me.

It did look like you controlled his line a tiny bit, BUT he knew you were there and could have just not hit you.

Honest question here, gang. How can I learn to get better at racing in traffic?

I’m about to get dropped down to B/S because I’m getting murdered at the bottom of the A lobbies. I don’t want to kill my SR, so I try not to do stupid stuff like bin people, etc., to keep my space. But other drivers are not making this easy. I’m not very aggressive, and I’m not very good at driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic because I never get the chance to race with people who are responsible enough to do it properly. If I try it from the back it just gets incredibly messy and I’m likely to just muck it up.

I can’t just “get faster” or “git gud” because I’ve plateaued at my level for now, low A or maybe high B. But I’m the A lobbies it seems that the only way to win is to be awesome and to start up front.

I don’t make up many spots because of the aggressive moves, bumping, etc., that shuffles me to the back almost every time. I’m willing to accept that I’ll be a B driver, but I’m trying REALLY HARD to get better yet I can’t figure out what to do differently.

People say to brake sooner in slipstream and things like that, but in all honesty I can’t figure out where to brake until it’s too late, or else I brake way too early and get passed by the remaining few who are behind me. I want to be more competitive but I’m more worried about ruining everyone else’s races as I try to learn.

Any advice is welcome.
Share a video of some of the incidents you're talking about. Or of an entire race if you want - you've been a big part of this thread and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to help you. I mean, I'll watch too, but I don't know if I'll be able to spot anything - won't stop me from trying, though!

I got called out in chat for this, but I honestly am not sure how this is my fault. He choose not to come down in front of me when he had the chance allowing me to get my nose where he should have been. I gave him the room to make it and he choose not to lift and bounce off me.

This is one of those weird videos where each perspective looks like the other person is at fault. But in all honesty after a few views it looks like from your perspective in turn 2 he swerved into you ever so slightly, trying to set up turn 3.

I know my reaction would have been to queue in line behind the guy rather than force the two-wide issue, but see my post just above yours for why that gives me troubles! I was in the same situation the other night except I was in the other driver’s position when someone was behind me but trying to force their way through. I stayed on line and they bounced off of me and spun out. At least from what I could tell in my rear view mirror. My rule of thumb is that if I can see you in my mirror then you don’t have position on me going into a turn. But this turns into the discussion earlier about diving in to fill the space. It’s always going to be an interpretation based on point of view. And somehow we always come out advocating for ourselves!
Share a video of some of the incidents you're talking about. Or of an entire race if you want - you've been a big part of this thread and I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to help you. I mean, I'll watch too, but I don't know if I'll be able to spot anything - won't stop me from trying, though!
I’ll try to remember to save some replays tomorrow. I’m going to do some training for the Manufacturers Cup tomorrow, but I’ll do some Race B as well. I think I’m done with Race C this week! I’m of course worried about looking like an idiot in front of everyone, but I think there’s plenty to be learned from y’all. Just be gentle…

Last edited:
The most heated, and I mean heated, exchanges in this thread have been over this issue. I maintain that unless you are RIGHT on my bumper, asking me to go defensive in case you bomb it in is not racing. Once i go defensive it's likely you pass me because of my compromised exit.
Remembering the "Views on this move"-thread.....

cat-ptsd.gif

Watching his POV I don't even think he had proper control going into that slight kink where he hits you.

It's not wild but it is slightly erratic and he starts the replay like that, going too hot into the left hander.

All he had to do was continue on his line and there wouldn't have been any issue but he didn't seem capable of it to my eye, for whatever reason.

this is kind of the attitude I've taken. I am staying away from the dailies unless I find a race that I like AND can be competitive in. I try lobbies, but that can be even more frustrating than the dailies!

Same here, dailies are quite competitive towards the top end of A DR, so I seldom do well in them. Except for Daily A, which usually has a lot of B DR drivers. So mostly I stay away from them (B & C), might give a go or two, if my quali lap is decent. My main focus is on GTWS.

why not try what i do when Daily races are poop (most weeks tbh)
just set up your own room with Daily settings, or tweak them a bit (soft tyres, boost.. etc)
ive been doin it for weeks now & 90% of the time its good, hard, clean, respectful racing :) & if you get some ego-driven, red-mister join the room & just plough thru everyone in their way, they just cop the Boot, most people are happy with a restart to enjoy some more clean racing.. 👍
theres also no affect to your DR either if thats something you feel the need to 'protect'. if other people have fun they usually return a few times, have made a few good friends along the way.. 😉
you just need to find a way(s) to make it fun again :)
dont let your enjoyment of the game depend on the attitude & ego's of 15 random people in a Daily Race

🏁🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️
Sadly not an option - can never get a decent connection to the multiplayer lobbies, takes an age to load and horrendous lag on track (this is on PS5 with a wired connection, no smilar issues with the proper Sport / GTWS lobbies).

Anyone else get frustrated that the braking points seem completely different online as opposed to qualifying? I can't ever get near my qualifying time even if I'm out in pole, it was never this bad in gt sport, and it's not my net connection either

Anyone else get frustrated that the braking points seem completely different online as opposed to qualifying? I can't ever get near my qualifying time even if I'm out in pole, it was never this bad in gt sport, and it's not my net connection either

Heavier car due to fuel, colder tyres at the start.

In qualification/practice the car is permanently in optimal condition.

He’s comfortably in front and inside into the right-hander. You should have lifted. You’re lucky he didn’t just drift you into the grass.

But there us nothing that indicates tyre temperature, how do we know when they are warmed? Is this even a confirmed feature?
It is confirmed, it's even mentioned in the manual. Unfortunately it is not clear at all ingame (I believe there were some 3rd party apps that could display the telemetry data but they've been blocked).

Equipped Tyres (Initials)/Tyre Temperature/Tyre Health/Mechanical Damage
The initials for the type of equipped tyres (e.g. 'RH' for Racing: Hard and 'SS' for Sport: Soft) will be shown at the front and back of the car icon. As the tyres get hotter, the outside frame for the four tyres will get redder. As the tyres wear down, the icons for them will change from white (healthy) to red (worn out). Please refer to the 'Races' -> 'Mechanical Damage' section of this manual for more details about mechanical damage.

always cool to see someone very active at this forum also be a part of the Idiot of the week video, although he only had a very minor roll... in the distance. (and not as the 'idiot')

View attachment 1240064

That was fun to watch! And thankfully @GrumpyOldMan scored low on the F Around and Find Out chart!
Unfortunately it is not clear at all ingame (I believe there were some 3rd party apps that could display the telemetry data but they've been blocked).
They’ve been blocked by PD? Was this one of the “improvements” in the last update?

always cool to see someone very active at this forum also be a part of the Idiot of the week video, although he only had a very minor roll... in the distance. (and not as the 'idiot')
Hey, that was me in the last clip! Pretty cool, especially since I wasn't the idiot, although there were plenty of times I could have been featured for my idiocy - especially on that track that week.

But how come it didn't show my livery? There's no way I was running a stock livery - I never do that in a race.
To be honest for me it was painful to watch @Redneckchef struggling to get his Hyundai going straight on wet Spa😖
Yes, mad respect for @Redneckchef. :cheers:

Been a while since I've posted, probably since gts. Finally getting back into online racing after a somewhat unenthusiatic start to online in gt7.

Psvr2 has rekindled my love for racing in gt again and I'm excited to share some footage from this week's daily c as it is just bonkers in vr.

This race in particular was just chaos from the start. Thunderrunner and Ross were coming off an aggressive battle in the race before and tempers were primed. After a poor start where I feel a lot of folks are being too conservative with their braking lap 1 turn 1 I end up running wide trying not to collect the car I don't ghost through, luckily I did ghost the first one. This is half on me here too as I don't get the jump the others do off the line and probably come in hotter knowing that. After that usual lap 1 chaos and an entertaining race.

Honest question here, gang. How can I learn to get better at racing in traffic?

I’m about to get dropped down to B/S because I’m getting murdered at the bottom of the A lobbies. I don’t want to kill my SR, so I try not to do stupid stuff like bin people, etc., to keep my space. But other drivers are not making this easy. I’m not very aggressive, and I’m not very good at driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic because I never get the chance to race with people who are responsible enough to do it properly. If I try it from the back it just gets incredibly messy and I’m likely to just muck it up.

I can’t just “get faster” or “git gud” because I’ve plateaued at my level for now, low A or maybe high B. But I’m the A lobbies it seems that the only way to win is to be awesome and to start up front.

I don’t make up many spots because of the aggressive moves, bumping, etc., that shuffles me to the back almost every time. I’m willing to accept that I’ll be a B driver, but I’m trying REALLY HARD to get better yet I can’t figure out what to do differently.

People say to brake sooner in slipstream and things like that, but in all honesty I can’t figure out where to brake until it’s too late, or else I brake way too early and get passed by the remaining few who are behind me. I want to be more competitive but I’m more worried about ruining everyone else’s races as I try to learn.

Any advice is welcome.
I know exactly what you are asking. There's no need to get more aggressive.

I'd advise turning on the racing line and just follow it, it's wrong for the odd corner but mostly right. I bet pounds for peanuts you're washing wide and losing time by not hitting your apexes, just stick to your line for a few races, don't yield but let guys be if they seem faster and you'll find yourself doing better.

We bled a lot of time missing apexes.

Classic case of a controller user, maybe even D-Pad, unable to hold a line around a corner. That one is on the other guy.

It is confirmed, it's even mentioned in the manual. Unfortunately it is not clear at all ingame (I believe there were some 3rd party apps that could display the telemetry data but they've been blocked).

I've never noticed that the tire indicator also stated what tires you had on! That could have saved me those times I forgot only to pit and put back on the same tires in mandatory tire change races. :banghead:

Classic case of a controller user, maybe even D-Pad, unable to hold a line around a corner. That one is on the other guy.

More of the reason to give the other driver some room though? If I guess the other driver is a controller because they're jigging side to side; or just not smooth like wheel users then I'm more afraid to be taken out by their random movements. Happened too many times before.. It would be nice if there was an option for races that were only wheel based.

Last edited:
Back