GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,127 comments
I'm curious about this day/night QT phenomena. I would have liked that information earlier in the week, by the weekend, I'm QT'd out and feel like more laps has diminishing returns. But I would have tried earlier in the week.

It's normal for me to see my grid placement fall a few spots late in the week, or on the global leaderboard. But this week, it took a nosedive as I can only presume others were doing this (or I'm just not dedicated enough!)

I remember this happened at GVH and I did run 20ish laps in a single session to improve my QT, but that race had a day/night transition.

Question - is there a way to know you might have a transition without running dozens of laps? (Or reading it there - thanks!) Has this always been a thing?

Edit - clarification.

Last edited:
I'm curious about this day/night QT phenomena. I would have liked that information earlier in the week, by the weekend, I'm QT'd out and feel like more laps has diminishing returns. But I would have tried earlier in the week.

It's normal for me to see my grid placement fall a few spots late in the week, or on the global leaderboard. But this week, it took a nosedive as I can only presume others were doing this (or I'm just not dedicated enough!)

I remember this happened at GVH and I did run 20ish laps in a single session to improve my QT, but that race had a day/night transition.

Question - is there a way to know you might have a transition without running dozens of laps?
It seems kinda random. Some of the tracks some of the time. Watkins Glen often does, so try that tomorrow. I do t know about the others, but @ILLEAGLE_34 had a brilliant suggestion to put on the parking g brake and go do something for fifteen minutes to find out. I may do that every Monday now just to find out! Hooray! A new pre-race routine!

Anyone know the strategy for Race C at Deep Forest tomorrow?

I wanted to run some practice laps at Spa as well, but don’t want to out extra mileage in my CLK before I can buy a backup. I’d hate to wear the engine out before I even start the week!

Last edited:
It seems kinda random. Some of the tracks some of the time. Watkins Glen often does, so try that tomorrow. I do t know about the others, but @ILLEAGLE_34 had a brilliant suggestion to put on the parking g brake and go do something for fifteen minutes to find out. I may do that every Monday now just to find out! Hooray! A new pre-race routine!

Anyone know the strategy for Race C at Deep Forest tomorrow?

I wanted to run some practice laps at Spa as well, but don’t want to out extra mileage in my CLK before I can buy a backup. I’d hate to wear the engine out before I even start the week!
I eagerly await your report on monday evening!

I've had a lot of fun and frustration in Race C this week, got my DR bar 90% full, closest I've ever been to A+ rating. Even in the A/A+ lobbies I've been in there are multiple incidents in every race. I can't get a QT any better than 1:35.00 which has me start in the back half of the grid. Every race has a turn 1 melee and you have to avoid being run over or running someone over. Once things settle out I'm finishing top 5 almost every time. I know things happen fast in these cars, so I don't understand why people dont take it easy. The strong draft plus overtake feature makes passing easy on the straights. Don't put your nose inches from my rear wing entering a heavy braking zone, too much unpredictability and lag for that.

Having said that, I've had a couple fantastic multi lap battles with other drivers. This race is a trip if you're using VR.

“I wanted to run some practice laps at Spa as well, but don’t want to out extra mileage in my CLK before I can buy a backup. I’d hate to wear the engine out before I even start the week!”

@Bullwinkle.
Curious. Is this even a thing?
I’ve seen worn oil but yet to see an engine go.

Last edited:
“I wanted to run some practice laps at Spa as well, but don’t want to out extra mileage in my CLK before I can buy a backup. I’d hate to wear the engine out before I even start the week!”

@Bullwinkle.
It is. After so many oil changes, or a certain mileage (I’m not entirely sure what) the engine gets worn. I just had to rebuild my 911 last week. There are only a few rebuilds before you permanently lose power. Again, I’m not entirely sure how many. But I don’t want to grind with a rare car knowing that it could die a slow death before I can replace it! If I had known it would always be the meta in Gr2 races I would have bought two!

Edit: there’s a thread on this subject but I’m too tired and lazy to look it up.

Last edited:
The last corners; that’s certainly my nemesis. I could be .7s up entering the last two only to then watch it slip away….

Conversely I might be .7s down entering only to then nail it to then gain .5s back up….
I'm guessing it's the same for most of us.
Then I looked at what @Leon Kowalski and @GrumpyOldMan drove and after 20 laps, I finally figured out the best shifting times, best corner entry and exit speeds for the Aston and....
Another person on my **** list. 😂

@Bullwinkle.
It absolutely is a thing. I had to replace my engine and fix the frame early this week, on my V12 Vantage. But it's just money - not a big deal unless you're broke. Just make sure you check it often enough, because these things really make a difference.

I still think there's some kind of bug with respect to when stuff goes bad. I know I checked the V12 earlier and everything was "excellent". Then in the span of a handful of hours, everything was suddenly "bad". I can't prove anything, but I'm not imagining this either - it definitely happened.

So now I check everything pretty regularly. It's really stupid that you can't check it when you're at a race, before jumping into a lobby. I mean, if they want to emulate real life, you certainly should be able to check your oil anytime and anywhere you want.

It is. After so many oil changes, or a certain mileage (I’m not entirely sure what) the engine gets worn. I just had to rebuild my 911 last week. There are only a few rebuilds before you permanently lose power. Again, I’m not entirely sure how many. But I don’t want to grind with a rare car knowing that it could die a slow death before I can replace it! If I had known it would always be the meta in Gr2 races I would have bought two!

Edit: there’s a thread on this subject but I’m too tired and lazy to look it up.
BoP negates all performance impacts from oil/engine wear etc.

Have checked with the creator of GTinfo for this, so it's not just a hunch.
It resets all engine/aero parts and statuses of the car to default, and then applies the power/weight modifications afterwards.

So all cars in a BoP event are using the same baseline, no matter how they are tuned or worn or whatever. You can be all red/worn but it will reset the car to default status before applying BoP changes to it.

Last edited:
Come one come all! Future race B (gr2 spa) practice lobby is open. 🍻

Can’t you buy a new engine in the parts shop? In the extreme category?
I haven’t tried it myself but I swear seeing the option 🍻

Can’t you buy a new engine in the parts shop? In the extreme category?
I haven’t tried it myself but I swear seeing the option 🍻
Yes but not for all cars.

E1DCA419-970D-4757-87B8-9507885894F9.jpeg

Have been trying the CLK in race B. Don't. The modern Gr2 cars can brake so much later and corner that bit faster that they're simply ramming everyone in the Merc off track. I can qualify fas but it doesn't matter when they swerve block in braking zones, slam into your rear in the corners and simply dive your inside and push you off wide.

3 races and the cleanest was when one late braking hopeful took out another GTR and I was able to have a clear run into and out of la source. Otherwise its a mess.

EDIT: So I went for another one. And it was clean! Got a p3 start and was against another CLK as we passed the polesitter in their GTR at turn 1. The other driver missed their braking point at the end of the kemmel and I was able to take the lead. Had a great battle with the GTr through sector 2 with them getting alongside in the outside for a couple of turns. But I was still p1 when we hit the back straight and that was it. 1 second gap by the bus stop. 1.3 by la source. 2.5 by the end of the kemmel. After that they could close to about 0.8 but I stretched it each lap.
186fe48f1b219-2310EABBF30A9F3F777.357431F0449CFDBC_message_429901587192770_1679303074971.jpg

After the earlier fiasco I owe that GTR driver a load of thanks for the great clean racing that first lap. They showed great control and it was fun to safely push side by side in the turns. Still not sure it's worth persisting all week in thqt thing though. Too easy to get torpedoed.

Last edited:
Have been trying the CLK in race B. Don't. The modern Gr2 cars can brake so much later and corner that bit faster that they're simply ramming everyone in the Merc off track. I can qualify fas but it doesn't matter when they swerve block in braking zones, slam into your rear in the corners and simply dive your inside and push you off wide.

3 races and the cleanest was when one late braking hopeful took out another GTR and I was able to have a clear run into and out of la source. Otherwise its a mess.

EDIT: So I went for another one. And it was clean! Got a p3 start and was against another CLK as we passed the polesitter in their GTR at turn 1. The other driver missed their braking point at the end of the kemmel and I was able to take the lead. Had a great battle with the GTr through sector 2 with them getting alongside in the outside for a couple of turns. But I was still p1 when we hit the back straight and that was it. 1 second gap by the bus stop. 1.3 by la source. 2.5 by the end of the kemmel. After that they could close to about 0.8 but I stretched it each lap.
View attachment 1240950

After the earlier fiasco I owe that GTR driver a load of thanks for the great clean racing that first lap. They showed great control and it was fun to safely push side by side in the turns. Still not sure it's worth persisting all week in thqt thing though. Too easy to get torpedoed.
sounds like the lemans Gr1 race where the 2 choices were 787b and super fast in a straight line or the 919 Hybrid that ran over the 787s in the last section of track.

In the end, who ends up getting the blame? All the people running the better braking and handling cars are going to be FURIOUS at all the slow pokes getting in their way. And all those slow people are going to be FURIOUS that someone had the audacity to knock their slow car off the track. Some of these races will get pretty intense.

It's easy for the slower car (on the straights) to get out of the way, the faster car will just go around. But it isn't so easy for the slower car (in the corners) to stay out of the way the better handling cars.

Last edited:
BoP negates all performance impacts from oil/engine wear etc.

Have checked with the creator of GTinfo for this, so it's not just a hunch.
It resets all engine/aero parts and statuses of the car to default, and then applies the power/weight modifications afterwards.

So all cars in a BoP event are using the same baseline, no matter how they are tuned or worn or whatever. You can be all red/worn but it will reset the car to default status before applying BoP changes to it.
That makes sense, but I have one issue with it: I definitely had wear impacted on a car I was almost exclusively using for Daily Races. I did use it a few times elsewhere, but not enough times to go from "excellent" (or whatever it's called) to "bad" (or whatever it's called).

Which leads me to these possibilities:
  1. I'm mistaken, and it didn't happen that way. But since it happened more than once, I'm positive it did happen. With that said, to be human is to be fallible.
  2. Running qualifying laps can affect wear.
This is one of those times I wish I had the ability to save the last 24 hours of my life to video, so if it ever happens again, I could go back to the video and see what the heck happened.

That makes sense, but I have one issue with it: I definitely had wear impacted on a car I was almost exclusively using for Daily Races. I did use it a few times elsewhere, but not enough times to go from "excellent" (or whatever it's called) to "bad" (or whatever it's called).

1. I'm mistaken, and it didn't happen that way. But since it happened more than once, I'm positive it did happen. With that said, to be human is to be fallible.
This is one of those times I wish I had the ability to save the last 24 hours of my life to video, so if it ever happens again, I could go back to the video and see what the heck happened.
Wear happens, even with the online races. I did a ton of Race B with the 911. This morning, it needed an oil change. Last Monday, it was fine. I only raced the daily races last week. Wear might not affect the actual online races, but the cars STILL DO build wear from online racing.

Wear still builds up from running them in BoP lobbies/races etc. but it won't impact the performance of the car whilst under BoP conditions.

Well apart from having the most well known dirty driver in GT I think this weeks races are fantastic! @GOTMAXPOWER also shows I'm washed haha!

Without being specific... :sly: I don't get why people even attempt to drive fairly around these "meme" players.

Everyone knows who they are, and that they're only out there to grief people; they're being enabled by people letting them race until they start to grief people. It's inevitable that they will - you say so yourself in the video - so why let them have a fair race until they do?

If everyone else pre-emptively took them out in every race they're in, they'd either soon learn their behaviour isn't tolerated or they just wouldn't be able to do this kind of late-race wankery because they'd be touring round at the back after digging themselves out of gravel eleven times.

Sure, you'd get a penalty for it (although given how crazy the penalty system is, they might get the penalty instead), but you all race clean and fair enough that it won't affect you in the long-run. And yes, it wouldn't look fantastic taken out of context and dunked on a random YT channel, but everyone knows they are the tosser, not the victim.

Nobody anywhere would blame anyone for smacking tits like this about. In fact you could probably get a good video out of it yourself :lol:

Well apart from having the most well known dirty driver in GT I think this weeks races are fantastic! @GOTMAXPOWER also shows I'm washed haha!

I have been saying Z4 since the game came out a years ago, it scoots out of corners like it is fired from a cannon. It does struggle for top end though and can be run down but a few of the faster cars with top end, the Supra and Nissan for example, have bene neutered recently so are not quite as good top end wise as they used to be.

Last edited:
I think for me there's a thrill in beating numpties like him fairly and cleanly it's a case of "I'm not snooping to your level" it's like getting a higher kill death ratio in CoD than a cheater.

Edit: oh yeah Z4 is a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back