GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,511 comments
Wow, they chose Michelin Raceway in the A slots? I might take a stab at it, I know I skipped that track in the C slot 2 weeks ago because of the length of the race. And the extra pit stop. I have been having a blast at Brands Hatch this week. Can't get enough of it. I haven't seen Dragon Trail featured in a while since last year.

@Barney Da Dog I don't remember that Willow race, was it in 2022 because I didn't buy GT7 until Halloween of that year.

@sturk0167 I'm trying to remember my first ever sport mode race. I believe it was at RBR in one of the Lancer Evolution model cars. What such fun memories for me.

Yes, sir.
Nowadays, if you're someone who enjoys doing the A races, PD treats you as a 3rd class citizen, and gives you zero credit for being good at it.
Ironically, I think that if they offered DR points there, a lot more of the high level drivers would show up.
I genuinely don't know they changed it from launch.

It started off as junior cup cars or single make races with DR/SR on. It felt like a natural starting point before moving up to the daily B/C and Gr cars.

Clios, scirroco's etc just a damn fun race for beginners and more experienced racers as it was closer racing but in forgiving cars.

I miss them days a lot.

It started off as junior cup cars or single make races with DR/SR on. It felt like a natural starting point before moving up to the daily B/C and Gr cars.

Clios, scirroco's etc just a damn fun race for beginners and more experienced racers as it was closer racing but in forgiving cars.

I miss them days a lot.
It's changed a lot from GT Sport, which definitely had better daily races.
GT7 improved the single player activities, but regressed with the dailies. Unless you're someone who really loves Gr.3 racing, GT7 doesn't have much to offer you. :indiff:

I miss them days a lot.
Yes, same here. My first ever win in a daily race was with a Clio at Tsukuba. Second or fourth online race I'd ever done. It was a real "wow, I can do that, and it's real fun" moment.

The VW Golf at RBR short was great, too (despite some carnage), and I had my best DR stretch by far with the Silvia at Suzuka (which wasn't a race A). So, I think it would be nice if they either gave us DR points to gain or lose in race A, or at least have some more of the hundreds of interesting but otherwise unused (read: wasted) road cars (every single one of them different to drive) in race C.

Yeah, dreaming...😇

BTW greetings to everyone from here:

IMG_6132.jpeg

Yes, same here. My first ever win in a daily race was with a Clio at Tsukuba. Second or fourth online race I'd ever done. It was a real "wow, I can do that, and it's real fun" moment.

The VW Golf at RBR short was great, too (despite some carnage), and I had my best DR stretch by far with the Silvia at Suzuka (which wasn't a race A). So, I think it would be nice if they either gave us DR points to gain or lose in race A, or at least have some more of the hundreds of interesting but otherwise unused (read: wasted) road cars (every single one of them different to drive) in race C.

Yeah, dreaming...😇

View attachment 1356718
Glorious view from the mega yacht mate :)

That does look quite lovely. Not jealous at all :)

I meant to ask you earlier in the week, how are you finding B this week?

I know you aren't partial to longer races (I know time wise B isn't long but it's just as focused as a longer race and much tighter)

How are you finding pit stops as again they don't usually feature in the shorter races?
I didn't start racing it until Thursday, although I was running Q laps before that. I've run 10 races since Thursday. I'm pleasantly surprised that 10 laps doesn't bother me at all, probably because this short track requires more focused attention pretty-much all the time, so my mind has less time to wander.

Having a really good QT has made it fun - the lowest I've started was P6, and mostly it's been in the top 4. That means that if I don't do something stupid, I'm pretty-much guaranteed to gain DR points each race. And believe it or not, I'm DR A at 44%, and I feel really comfortable there. We'll see if that remains true as time goes by, but I've been A for about a month, so, so far so good.

I actually love the pit stop. I'll pit early if either the person in front of me is driving erratically, or the person behind me is on my butt constantly, and it's soooo great to be able to get out of that kind of situation. Otherwise I pit late.

The only thing I don't like is where the cars come back onto the track from the pit. It can be a serious PITA to avoid them and still keep your speed up enough so the guy behind you doesn't ram you or take advantage and pass you.

So, all in all, I'm loving this week, which was a huge surprise. I'm not sorry I didn't start racing earlier, though, because this track gets kind of monotonous sometimes.

Was nice to see you and @Robster and @bone_tone in my races. 👋
Yes, good to see you and @Robster UK today - bit out of my depth with all you A and A+ drivers, but I managed some good placings in each race. Fortunately the fact that I am able to run auto gears only doesn't seem to have worked against me this week.

Sad that I got my only podium today in my last race at the expense of @newmedia_dev, when you got taken out (unintentionally I believe) on the last lap!

Strangely, I got the most out of the car in that race by accidentally leaving steering assist on Strong - counterintuitively it improved the turn-in! Ran my fastest lap 0.4 seconds quicker than I've managed all week 🤔

Anyway, I'm going to miss Brands and the G70 - had some good races and, more importantly, great fun.

Last edited:
Yes, good to see you and @Robster UK today - bit out of my depth with all you A and A+ drivers, but I managed some good placings in each race. Fortunately the fact that I am able to run auto gears only doesn't seem to have worked against me this week.

Sad that I got my only podium today in my last race at the expense of @newmedia_dev, when you got taken out (unintentionally I believe) on the last lap!

Strangely, I got the most out of the car in that race by accidentally leaving steering assist on Strong - counterintuitively it improved the turn-in! Ran my fastest lap 0.4 seconds quicker than I've managed all week 🤔

Anyway, I'm going to miss Brands and the G70 - had some good races and, more importantly, great fun.
It's all just so much fun. Doesn't matter where you finish or what transmission you have just a fun fun sprint race.

Was really please to see you on the podium! Actually made me smile a lot.

Was completely accidental, he clipped the sand out of paddock hill and just came across and caught me. Nothing intentional or anything. I've binned it there or at Graham hill this week so many times myself all good.

The funniest thing is while we waited facing each other letting the traffic go by my GT driver drone dude was just starring at him! Hilarious to watch on the replay 🤣

It's all just so much fun. Doesn't matter where you finish or what transmission you have just a fun fun sprint race.

Was really please to see you on the podium! Actually made me smile a lot.

Was completely accidental, he clipped the sand out of paddock hill and just came across and caught me. Nothing intentional or anything. I've binned it there or at Graham hill this week so many times myself all good.

The funniest thing is while we waited facing each other letting the traffic go by my GT driver drone dude was just starring at him! Hilarious to watch on the replay 🤣
Yes, I've done it a couple of times there too - it's very realistic, as it happens in real world races very regularly.

I had the classic 'flashing headlights' guy in an Alfa behind me from the start - impossible to say whether it was deliberate, or he was a controller user ( but I suspect it was the former). Either way it was good to see him becoming a diminishing dot in my rear view mirror!

What a strange week at Daily B it has been, lots of laps and a pit which was different as I never run daily C.
Until the G70 appeared mid week I was struggling to find a stable ride to get a decent QT time, but with some far out tunes the G70 has given me my best global position currently P37.
Yes lots of players seem to be missing this week but it's been great fun especially racing with some of you, @newmedia_dev @Barney Da Dog @bone_tone
Only started racing on Saturday but now finished for the week, never made it into the 46s but left with all podiums in all ten races with 5 wins.
Made it to DR A in November but last race today.........
18f91cedd1a49-screenshotUrl.jpg

No imposter syndrome about it, @GrumpyOldMan this will not last on a normal week.

Going to sit out next week, see you later.

I didn't start racing it until Thursday, although I was running Q laps before that. I've run 10 races since Thursday. I'm pleasantly surprised that 10 laps doesn't bother me at all, probably because this short track requires more focused attention pretty-much all the time, so my mind has less time to wander.

Having a really good QT has made it fun - the lowest I've started was P6, and mostly it's been in the top 4. That means that if I don't do something stupid, I'm pretty-much guaranteed to gain DR points each race. And believe it or not, I'm DR A at 44%, and I feel really comfortable there. We'll see if that remains true as time goes by, but I've been A for about a month, so, so far so good.

I actually love the pit stop. I'll pit early if either the person in front of me is driving erratically, or the person behind me is on my butt constantly, and it's soooo great to be able to get out of that kind of situation. Otherwise I pit late.

The only thing I don't like is where the cars come back onto the track from the pit. It can be a serious PITA to avoid them and still keep your speed up enough so the guy behind you doesn't ram you or take advantage and pass you.

So, all in all, I'm loving this week, which was a huge surprise. I'm not sorry I didn't start racing earlier, though, because this track gets kind of monotonous sometimes.
That is excellent to hear. I had an incline you'd like albeit it's a sweaty QT grind.

The longer races aren't much different in terms of intensity "sometimes" so you should try a few in the future maybe?

Wondered how you would take to this week in all honesty, I think it's a bit meh for the top guys hence the weaker leaderboards and with the GTWS they either are dropping DR or choosing not to race...pick your poison on that I guess.

Glad you are having fun with it bud. It really is a fun race once you get in to the swing of it.

What a strange week at Daily B it has been, lots of laps and a pit which was different as I never run daily C.
Until the G70 appeared mid week I was struggling to find a stable ride to get a decent QT time, but with some far out tunes the G70 has given me my best global position currently P37.
Yes lots of players seem to be missing this week but it's been great fun especially racing with some of you, @newmedia_dev @Barney Da Dog @bone_tone
Only started racing on Saturday but now finished for the week, never made it into the 46s but left with all podiums in all ten races with 5 wins.
Made it to DR A in November but last race today.........View attachment 1356749

No imposter syndrome about it, @GrumpyOldMan this will not last on a normal week.

Going to sit out next week, see you later.
Well done on the A+, and some cracking results!

Took me a while to twig that you were a GTPer today, very confusing with people with 3 names - PSN id, nickname, and GTP name.

At my age I struggle to remember my own name, so I stick to the same one for all three 😂

Whilst it was the most fun I've had making hay while the sunshine's I'm done for the week, starving and the TV wife and daughter awaits.

The highlight of the week has been 2 fold. Racing with some names on here...all the (European ones) but currently ending 61st in the world.

That down to you guys, the guys on the TT thread and just improving and getting better at playing the game.

It's been a very enjoyable week.

The longer races aren't much different in terms of intensity "sometimes" so you should try a few in the future maybe?
I really like Dragon Trail Seaside, so maybe I'll give it a try next week. The problem is that when I have longish semi-straight sections that I don't have to think much about, my mind will wander quite a bit. Then the next thing you know, I've crashed into a wall because I wasn't paying attention.

If I do give it a try, it will be on my second account. No reason to be reckless with my DR.

I really like Dragon Trail Seaside, so maybe I'll give it a try next week. The problem is that when I have longish semi-straight sections that I don't have to think much about, my mind will wander quite a bit. Then the next thing you know, I've crashed into a wall because I wasn't paying attention.

If I do give it a try, it will be on my second account. No reason to be reckless with my DR.
You know the answer to that is to focus on deltas, gaps and lines.

When racing nothing is ever "done" just stuff you need to do very very shortly!

Give it a go see how you feel. You know how I do it QT Monday race till Sunday!

Might be a step to far but do give it a go.

Also you aren't risking DR you just shifting wins and losses somewhere else. When you fancy driving the main account the pace will be quicker probably that you and that's why accidents happen.

Build trust with the regulars and just bring it home, second account will end up A as well and then you'll not want to risk either!

Yeah, dreaming...😇

View attachment 1356718
Nice area man! I would love to live out somewhere around that area. It's always good to get that fresh air in the forest.

Wow, I cannot believe I've only scored 4 wins out of 1003. Durn at that rate by the time I finish 4,000 races I would be at 12-15 wins. I need to change something about that. It was easier in GT sport to gain wins, here it is not.

Last edited:
Yes, I've done it a couple of times there too - it's very realistic, as it happens in real world races very regularly.

I had the classic 'flashing headlights' guy in an Alfa behind me from the start - impossible to say whether it was deliberate, or he was a controller user ( but I suspect it was the former). Either way it was good to see him becoming a diminishing dot in my rear view mirror!
The most important thing I learned to improve my daily racing results was to never look backwards.😇

Just the radar...

The only issue I have there is the death chicane. It's always a hit or miss there, it's so narrow, it's right before the tunnel. And that helicopter always gets close to me as I exit the tunnel, weird in a way. You have another account? I only own one which is enough. Doing the circuit experience is a great way of learning all sections of Dragon Trail, I had to do that and I eventually got better during every lap there. Practice is what it will take to reap the rewards.

The only issue I have there is the death chicane. It's always a hit or miss there, it's so narrow, it's right before the tunnel.
True enough.
And that helicopter always gets close to me as I exit the tunnel, weird in a way.
I HATE that helicopter!
You have another account? I only own one which is enough.
It doesn't cost anything for another account. I don't remember the details, but it's been explained here before.

I HATE that helicopter!
This. Just this!

Edit:

I think the CoD is probably a bit polarising here because if our spread of pace.

Top tip to everyone, QT flat or nearly flat with the lift.

Race brake early gently and coat the turn in.

The actual time loss here is the Esses, going conservative in to the CoD loses less time than cocking the Esses up. Promise

Last edited:
The most important thing I learned to improve my daily racing results was to never look backwards.😇

Just the radar...
I try to use mostly the radar because it magnifies the road which can help you indicate if you are on the right path and not veer off into the grass/sand. The new weather map is a useful tool needed in Sport mode races and other events.

@Robster UK excellent work getting in the high A ratings, keep up the hard work! I gotta get there one day.

My weak spots are usually the deltas, gaps, U-turns and esses. I need to brush up on my skills to get higher ratings, I'm just not motivated 100%.

Last edited:
I had such a lovely race tonight with the RTR guys, my best one so far, 8:09 at the end

18f9260129e41-screenshotUrl.jpg

Nice and consistent laps

IMG-2ad65b42fb14ecc07e239b800e5a610f-V.jpg

I could have grinded this much more after setting P7 in global quali time, but I just didn't feel like it, it becomes boring after 2-3 races so I think I maybe did 10 or 11 races in total for the week, got my A+ finally out of the bottom since only 2 of those 11 races were not victories :)

We will see about next week, I think I will skip the C race again and go with the Maggiore, but depends on the category mostly.

Latest Posts

Back