GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
Probably a year ago this picture surfaced and made the rounds on all the usual sim racing sites, including GTP:
10258223_10202046649641751_7530986638163255551_o.jpg

If you zoom in you can see this:bowdown::

upload_2015-6-3_17-36-26.png

They were coy about it back then but I suspected this was the path all along. A tremendous addition to the console line up for all sim racers, especially those with wheels, but as its stands now, even with a great deal of development, it won't be much of a threat to GT7, it just doesn't have that kind of breadth and scope. A lot could be done between now and release however....

Be interesting to see how things shape up in the next 12-18 months with AC, NFS, DC, PCars and others out before GT surfaces again. A great time to be a sim racer. :)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

They made a few posts in this style referencing a selection of games that were revealed at E3 in the late 1990's.

Metal Gear, Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo.

I wonder why they would post this.

Oh my god a throwback post! That's so definitely a hint at someth- sorry I can't even finish that sentence.

We have a thread for this subject, and Jordan and Amar have both said it's not happening. I'd take the hint from that.

The left side of my brain says: BRING IT!!!, while my right side says: We'll notice that something is happening when the Gran Turismo website is under maintenance (because that happened around the time GT6 got announced, too) and/or at E3. I'll tend to my right side of brain. But not completely. ;)

I noticed the addition of dramatic punctuation in the thread title, and I thought PD must be getting close to their E3 reveal. Yes, they probably will pitch, but to reveal GT7 is still up in the air.
@Lord Protector, the juxtaposition between your post and your signature is quite amusing :lol:

I'm curious what people's reactions will be to Assetto Corsa, when they find out that the racing is similar to GT5 and 6, with a hoard of lackluster bots and then one or two rabbits to chase. If they feel like being rabbits anyhow. ;) The physics are nice, but the racing is about as exciting as GT.

As for GT7, I won't say it won't be at E3. But Gran Turismo in general, I think will be. Even then, if it isn't, I have a lot more patience than many here. Won't get to play the sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution till... whenever. But at least I know it's coming, like GT7. Good enough for me.
:gtpflag:

It's must be a remembrance of best games shown at E3 by year. PlayStation have done this before with other games too and nothing happend.

Oh no...

A remastered is completely unnecessary.
I hate to say this but i would totally buy gt6 for ps4, as long as my g25 would work. The higher framerate and sharper graphics would be worth it.

And of course with a price tag of no more than 25 bucks.

I'm curious what people's reactions will be to Assetto Corsa, when they find out that the racing is similar to GT5 and 6, with a hoard of lackluster bots and then one or two rabbits to chase. If they feel like being rabbits anyhow. ;) The physics are nice, but the racing is about as exciting as GT.

As for GT7, I won't say it won't be at E3. But Gran Turismo in general, I think will be. Even then, if it isn't, I have a lot more patience than many here. Won't get to play the sequel to Deus Ex: Human Revolution till... whenever. But at least I know it's coming, like GT7. Good enough for me.
AC is not yet released for console, so we have no idea what the AI will be like. However, even if it was copy and paste of the current AI, it would still be miles ahead of GT AI for one simple reason. The rabbits in AC are the same car with the same specs that you are driving. There's no need to drop the power slider to 75% and drop 3 tire grades and deal with AI braking mid-corner and all the other nonsense that goes on in GT, in order to get a competitive race. Since Kunos can get the top 2 or 3 cars on pace it shouldn't be all that difficult to simply scale the other AI up for closer, tighter racing. I have zero doubts about this happening.

I've played it on PC and it was stunning fun (physics were incredible) didn't try the AI but hope they nail it.

Back