GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
If you're in no hurry you could always move to PC, which will supposedly eventually have Forza too and has a bunch of other great racing games besides. I think all you miss out on is GT and Driveclub.

Got XOne to play Forza 6, it was fun in free races, but lacks some "spirit" in carreer. Now that nexts Forzas will come simultaneously in XOne and PC I really thinking about selling my Xbox One to help me finance an PC upgrade....

By the way, I believe thread name should be changed to GTS & E3...

I'd be careful about suggesting XBox and Forza. It's not even greatly loved by XBox fans. Forza, PCARS, Assetto Corsa... all these other racers have distinct differences that divide the fanbase and fuel debates over which is better. There is no perfect racer, so "better" is always a matter of personal opinion, and not everyone agrees. Sales reflect this.

A much safer suggestion is to recommend the Forza 6 freeware for PC, or PCARS or AC, then all you've spent is a few tens of bucks.

Forza have the biggest number of fanboys that hate every other game (like GT) though. :sly:

But in all seriousness. I like fiddling with the livery editor. Only reason I played FM4, FH1&2

Forza have the biggest number of fanboys that hate every other game (like GT) though. :sly:

But in all seriousness. I like fiddling with the livery editor. Only reason I played FM4, FH1&2

Don't resort to name-calling to try and prove some sort of point.

If I were to go off GTP's Youtube channel, I'd have to come to the conclusion it's actually predominantly GT fans that take the most issue with other games. Not that that really matters, because a) it's Youtube, and b) we're going to continue covering other titles, with just as much enthusiasm as we have GT. E3 will further cement that. :)

I haven't looked at the stats in FM6, but I know in FM4 I spent well over 100 hours painting cars. I know what you mean! If GTS' is powerful enough, I can see me spending a fair amount of time with it too (though naturally a lot less than FM4 or 6, due to the smaller car list).

I'd be careful about suggesting XBox and Forza. It's not even greatly loved by XBox fans.

Swap in 'PS4', 'GT', and 'Playstation' in the appropriate places and it'd be just as accurate. News flash: every game has a mix of fans and detractors.

Two more weeks until E3's pre-show stuff starts. It should be a bumper crop this year...

If I were to go off GTP's Youtube channel, I'd have to come to the conclusion it's actually predominantly GT fans that take the most issue with other games. Not that that really matters, because a) it's Youtube, and b) we're going to continue covering other titles, with just as much enthusiasm as we have GT. E3 will further cement that. :)

I haven't looked at the stats in FM6, but I know in FM4 I spent well over 100 hours painting cars. I know what you mean! If GTS' is powerful enough, I can see me spending a fair amount of time with it too (though naturally a lot less than FM4 or 6, due to the smaller car list).

Swap in 'PS4', 'GT', and 'Playstation' in the appropriate places and it'd be just as accurate. News flash: every game has a mix of fans and detractors.

Two more weeks until E3's pre-show stuff starts. It should be a bumper crop this year...
I'd be concerned if you guys weren't covering other games with as much traffic there is for those other games here. The news page would be pretty slow if it was just Gran Turismo coverage.

I wasn't, I just answered Tenacious when he said Forza isn't greatly loved by even by xb users/fans :)

I don't think the small car list in GTS will be any problem concerning the livery editor; if it is as userfriendly as we hope, and powerful enough, I predict many people making several liveries per car according to use. One for league racing, one for one-make races, one for the national cup, and a couple of badassed ones for the photomode. I know I will, making my own fantasy ones according to use as stated above, and obviously make a few replicas, both of real race cars and GT1/2 RM liveries. :)

I think that's kind of the same for all the larger Gran Turismo type games though. After a while it's just a big list of races to finish. It's one of the major failings of the genre that few devs have really attempted to address.
GRID series
Project CARS

Only recent racing games I'm aware of with a non-standard career.

This time I'm actually going to wait for the reviews before making a decision. I pre-ordered both GT5 and GT6 when they came out. Still, I can't help but look over the fence and see more toys on Xbox. Granted, they're coming to PC, but I just want to know for sure if I should get a PS4 or an Xbox One (or neither for that matter because of Xbox merging with Windows 10). Ideally, I would want to have them both (who wouldn't), but unfortunately it is not feasible for me.

Back