GT7 Expectations - Same Old or New breath of life?

• Thread starter AXEofGOD
  • 126 comments
I understand your frustration but hold on. Kaz is taking this very serious as he has went into a hiring spree for more staffing. He now probably realizes that his current staff is not enough to take Gran turismo 7 into a new direction. You seen what happen with GT6. Gran turismo 6 outsourced the team which in return became a very bad installment. He is aware of competition (Sony probably weren't happy with Gt6 either) which is why they are more involved this time. Gran-turismo 7 will be what we should have had back in Gran turismo 5. To add to it, Playstation VR will be in GT7. Hold on, "6" was a bad number for any installment.
How do we know they didn't just lose some staff to rival organizations or just going off to some other company and aren't just replacing people that left for the most part? We really don't know what their staffing levels are and it's presumptuous to assume that all or even the majority of the new hires represent an increase in staff, or that all of them are involved in some way in game production. Hiring someone in marketing won't affect how the game is made for example. They might all be new, they might all be replacements, but likely the truth is somewhere in between.

I agree with you somewhat. I've waited to buy a ps4 or xbone. It comes down to which is better gt7 or whatever forza is out at gt's release. I will bet that kaz doesn't see himself as a developer.

PD and GT are far ahead of their competitors in so many ways. For good or bad GTTV(it was ok), the Academy, and Vision concepts are leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else. The academy and the relationships created by PD are groundbreaking and can only further prove that this franchise is not going anywhere. It also proves for good or bad that PD will never truly care what we their main consumer base really want. We can have any features we want, as long as they are the features kaz wants. :(

It's hard to be a beggar with PD because they just do not care about us at all. Either we play THEIR game or, which this is weird, we go somewhere else(which they again do not care if we do). If they did care we would be able to see it. I remember the questions for PD thread. They didn't acknowledge any of our concerns.

My suggestion to the community is to not be proactive with PD. Do not care about what isn't in the game. And do not under any circumstances listen to what they say about what is in the pipeline! This is key. When gt7 comes out, either pay for what you get on release date, and if it's not finished to your liking do NOT buy it.

Thats it, like you said its hard to be a begger with PD because they dont care what we want and thats what will kill PD in the end, it will happen unless Sony bails them out with a franchise investment.
You cant expect sales, to break even on development costs and gain profit, if it isnt going to meet the customers expectations.
Being in hot water, Kaz should be flaunting GT7 and implementing as many features as possible based on what his biggest fan base (such as GTPlanet) wants. Not what he wants.

By now we should have a game play video, showing players what is new and what direction PD is headed with GT.
We should have a Q&A or an article with new information. But we have nothing.
Its not the best sales pitch to recover from the lack of units being sold by since GT4...

I understand your frustration but hold on. Kaz is taking this very serious as he has went into a hiring spree for more staffing. He now probably realizes that his current staff is not enough to take Gran turismo 7 into a new direction. You seen what happen with GT6. Gran turismo 6 outsourced the team which in return became a very bad installment. He is aware of competition (Sony probably weren't happy with Gt6 either) which is why they are more involved this time. Gran-turismo 7 will be what we should have had back in Gran turismo 5. To add to it, Playstation VR will be in GT7. Hold on, "6" was a bad number for any installment.

Like Jonnypenso said, how do you know that half of PD didnt leave? With GT6 sales only being around 1.5 mill, thats a extremely poor annual salary for a developer to be working on a game in full swing. It seems more likely that Sony has made a franchise investment into PD, as I said earlier, because thats the only other possible reason for an increase in staff.
Lets just hope they didn't leave and Kaz actually expanded the team, but that would only solve half of PDs problem.
They need to work on their media releases aswell so that they can actually sell the game with successful results, instead of leaving it to the last minute and having the game suddenly appear on shelves (Which I doubt they will do).

If its true that GT7 will make an appearance at Playstation Experience in December, I wont be suprised if it is released around the same time as Sonys VR as Gran Turismo appears to be the headsets debut game.
Which then, they will be given 4 months since PSX to build up a hype train before release (According to the VRs release date supposedly late in the first 1/4 of 2016 but I might be wrong).

Last edited:
With GT6 sales only being around 1.5 mill, thats a extremely poor annual salary for a developer to be working on a game in full swing.

1.5 mill? Vgchartz currently has it at 3.2 mill, and iirc they don't even take digital sales into account (correct me if I'm wrong). Sure 3.2mill is a far cry from the sales of GT5, but I doubt they expected it to be a best seller considering it was released on old hardware.

I'd say they would be pretty happy with 3.2 mill (if that number doesn't take into account digital sales, it could be above 4 mill).
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72181/gran-turismo-6/

I seriously doubt PD are in any financial trouble.

1.5 mill? Vgchartz currently has it at 3.2 mill, and iirc they don't even take digital sales into account (correct me if I'm wrong). Sure 3.2mill is a far cry from the sales of GT5, but I doubt they expected it to be a best seller considering it was released on old hardware.

I'd say they would be pretty happy with 3.2 mill (if that number doesn't take into account digital sales, it could be above 4 mill).
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72181/gran-turismo-6/

I seriously doubt PD are in any financial trouble.
Ah my bad, I read a while ago it was at $1.5m :S Thanks for clearing that up lol.

Ah my bad, I read a while ago it was at $1.5m :S Thanks for clearing that up lol.

All good mate. I don't disagree with the other points raised, and I too hope that the recent hirings were a matter of expanding the dev team rather than simply replacing people. I don't think PD are stupid, and surely they've noticed they have a lot more competition now, and their competition have kicked everything up a notch, so that coupled with the silence and long development of GT7 leads me to believe they really are trying to up their game in all areas.

Gt has sold more than 70 million copies. At a conservative $30 each, that's $2,100,000,000 (2.1Billion). I think they're able to pay their bills.

From an outsider looking in, I would bet that marketing is handled by sony. Just speculation.

But in the end Kaz has a life sentence, PD and this franchise isn't going anywhere.

Gt has sold more than 70 million copies. At a conservative $30 each, that's $2,100,000,000 (2.1Billion). I think they're able to pay their bills.

From an outsider looking in, I would bet that marketing is handled by sony. Just speculation.

But in the end Kaz has a life sentence, PD and this franchise isn't going anywhere.
A. That's Sony's money, not PD'S.
B. That money is long gone and almost irrelevant to any planning you'd be doing in 2015. The most important data will come from the current release as it's the most current and therefore the most relevant.

I love GT! But the fact remains that with increased competition and lack of execution from PD over the years(GT5P, postponing GT5 sixteen times, and the obvious cash-grab that GT6 was), the new game really needs to be another GT3:A-Spec in almost all aspects to give this ol' dog a breath of new life.

I don't have all the time-line facts down but here are some alarming sales stats from your beloved franchise.

GT: 10.95 Million copies sold worldwide
GT2: 9.49 Million copies sold worldwide
:cool:GT3: 14.98 million copies sold worldwide
GT4: 11.66 million copies sold worldwide
GT5 first 10 weeks = 5.9 million, next 47 weeks 1.4 million, 7.33 million sold over the first 5 quarters and totaling 10.52 million copies sold worldwide.
GT6 first 10 weeks = 2.2 million copies sold & just under 800k for the year 2014. 2.98 total for the first 5 quarters on the shelves.:crazy:

GT5P: had about the same number sold as GT6 through the first 5 quarters.

GT6 hasn't even sold as many copies as GTPSP yet. This is very disturbing as a GT fan. If PD can't get the market to buy-in for GT7 the future of the franchise may be a lot more bleak than I once thought.

I own everyone of these games except PSP. I had the highest expectations for GT5, the delays, the prologue, everything made me believe this game was going to be the Greatest of all time. Sadly it did not meet my expectations but still a fine game that I enjoyed thoroughly. I lowered my expectations of GT6 drastically. Sadly it has been far less than satisfactory for me:irked:. I like the tracks, that's about it. So for GT7 I don't even know what to think. Can it get worse? :nervous: Ugh, I hope not.

GT3: A-Spec was a ground-breaking industry-revolutionizing game that is hard to match. It single-handedly sold millions of PS2 consoles and sold more copies than any other non-nintendo video game that preceded it! It did so well for many reasons, of which marketing how revolutionary it was and combining it with the console did help. However, the biggest thing that made it such a huge success was because it was a fantastic and completed game out of the box. Everything was finished, clean, and better than anything we had ever seen.

Are those days gone or can PD regain that magic with GT7?

Ok, ok, so of course they can, but do you think they will? What also disturbs me is that the GT7 thread is open and people are champing at the bit for it already. The kaz Q&A is shut down, we all know what we want to see, what we would like to stay the same, and what needs a whole rework. And finally, where do your expectations lie for whats to come? HINT: I expect a PS4/GT7 Console package in 4th Quarter 2016.
:cheers:

Ahahahaha... no.

Not only would that amount never get to PD themselves - it'd go to Sony - but that's a grossly inflated number, since it assumes the take would be roughly half of the retail price of the game, and it assumes every single copy sold for full price.

We're also looking at 20 years of paying the bills at PD.

I think we have gone over this before...It doesn't matter which account the net income goes into, but if it is all Sony's then Sony is the ones who allot the budget for PD. If the net income is on PDs books and then transferred over they can carry-over whatever they like, so yes past performance does matter when we talk about budget.

Ahahahaha... no.

Not only would that amount never get to PD themselves - it'd go to Sony - but that's a grossly inflated number, since it assumes the take would be roughly half of the retail price of the game, and it assumes every single copy sold for full price.

We're also looking at 20 years of paying the bills at PD.

It doesn't matter how much goes to PD, if any. 2.1 Billion for all stakeholders is still a large chunk of change. This franchise is not hurting.

*I have gone back and forth on this. Yes, GT6 was a cash grab and it cut us fans deeply. Over reactions from me can be seen many places on this site. Having said that, I just don't see how one poor iteration of this series means the series is doomed.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how much goes to PD, if any. 2.1 Billion for all stakeholders is still a large chunk of change. This franchise is not hurting.

Except that your "conservative" estimate is overcooked, and you're waving the resulting 2.1 billion amount around without mentioning it'd be spread across 20 years.

This explains it briefly.

If a franchise isn't hurting after selling less than half the numbers of its last installment, I'd be curious what you would define as hurting. Even taking into consideration that PD probably expected lower sales for GT6 versus GT5.

The last gran turismo i liked alot was gran turismo 4, unfortunately gran turismo 5 was a mess & gran turismo 6 wasn't much of an improvement. Now microsoft / turn 10 came along & said i like this game' but i think me & my trusty crew could improve every aspect of this game_ then forza was born & i have to say forza 6 is so much fun i enjoy every second of it, it always puts a smile on my face and it doesn't take itself to seriously its a fun fun game or simcade as some might but it_ & for me thats what matters, if im smiling you can see im clearly enjoying myself. Sadly since the birth of gran turismo 5 iv not smiled the sounds are terrible & there's far to many cars that are simply replica's of each other, plz remove the standard cars & give us 400 to 500 fully modelled premium cars & a track editor that will allow us to simply make tracks from the game without haven to go through all that bull you have to go through on gran turismo 6. So 1st of WHERE IS GRAN TURISMO 7 ? i haven't seen or heard anything on gran turismo 7 or maybe i haven't been looking hard enough ! .......

Except that your "conservative" estimate is overcooked, and you're waving the resulting 2.1 billion amount around without mentioning it'd be spread across 20 years.

This explains it briefly.

If a franchise isn't hurting after selling less than half the numbers of its last installment, I'd be curious what you would define as hurting. Even taking into consideration that PD probably expected lower sales for GT6 versus GT5.

The explanation doesn't even add up correctly. But if we take it for what it says(and we don't add in sponsorship money) it still comes to a good chunk of cash.

They had to know that a GT release on ps3 the same quarter as a PS4 console release would equate to less sales. So if they are planning on selling 3million copies and then hit that sales mark, thus, they did what they projected to do. i.e. not hurting.

The explanation doesn't even add up correctly. But if we take it for what it says(and we don't add in sponsorship money) it still comes to a good chunk of cash.

They had to know that a GT release on ps3 the same quarter as a PS4 console release would equate to less sales. So if they are planning on selling 3million copies and then hit that sales mark, thus, they did what they projected to do. i.e. not hurting.
Your estimate of 30 is pure guesswork. It could easily be far less than that. And as @SlipZtrEm points out with the link above, even if it is true, the money goes into several different hands:
From every $60 video game sale, we can estimate that roughly 27 of those dollars go to the publisher (Ubisoft, for instance), $15 goes to the retailer (GameStop, Target, or other stores), $7 each goes to returns (games that don’t sell) and the platform (such as Xbox), and the remaining $4 goes to distribution and cost of goods.
Using round figures, that means Sony gets about $14 out of that thirty so right there you are already down to $1Billion spread out over 20+ years. If the actual number is $25 then it's reduced even further. Out of that money they have to pay for marketing, pay PD for 6 full versions of the game plus the Prologue, demos etc.

Regardless of the equation, as I pointed out above, that money is long gone and basically not even on the radar for planning the next installment. It's totally a non-factor.

Last edited:

Except that we know that GT5 cost them $60 million or more.

Their fixed costs don't go down between GT5 and GT6, if anything they go up as they continue to hire more staff.
Their licensing costs don't go down, if anything they go up.

Nothing gets cheaper between GT5 and GT6. And yet GT6 sells maybe a third of what GT5 did. Even with your horrendously optimistic estimate of $30 a copy, at 3 million copies that's $90 million. Regardless of what they planned, the costs of the game don't just go away. They're not going broke, but nor do they have the funds to sustain themselves for another long dry spell waiting for GT7. Sony will have to feed them.

Polyphony isn't going to fall over and die any time soon, but I doubt that their financial situation is particularly stable. If they didn't have Sony to prop them up, it would probably be a tough spot.

Watching some of you guys struggle with basic mathematics is hilarious. :lol:
Well its not really basic mathematics if you compare the worth of ¥JPY to $USD (and other worldwide currencies), from the amount of units sold, which price they were sold at and what percentage of those earnings were split between parties.
Its very complicated, somewhat impossible to figure out without having access to fiscal/end of financial year reports dating back to 1992 when Gran Turismos development first began.
Currently ¥1.00JPY=$0.84USD. One Japanese Yen is not even worth 85 cents in the US.

Theres a whole lot of factors in play and without a proper reliable net worth of PD being available, amongst an actual report on income split, especially this late into the Japanese fiscal year (MAR-31 to APR-1) we will never know exactly how much PD has in the budget as of now.
I would assume that GT7s development is affordable, but very tight. Being an AAA developer to Sony, the noose will loosen but not by much as PD can not entirely rely on Sony.
With the support of Sonys VR, I can imagine some funds were added on top of PDs development budget.

Kaz right now has a net worth of $60m, which should give us somewhat of an idea of the small amount he has gained by the GT series alone and how very little he has available to spend to keep PD in action (assuming Kaz doesnt split accounts between himself and PD).
$60m is really not much in the video games industry, usually thats around the average cost to develop a game these days, many games have flown well over the $120m mark but that is with a larger team and a shorter deadline. Some games such as GTA V have cost over $265m, but that is stretching our comparison beyond neccesary means.
infact, $60m is what it cost for PD to develop GT5 according to Kaz. His exact net worth.

At the beginning of the Japanese fiscal year, I believe Sonys VR Headset and GT7 will be hitting our shelves, as thats what companies such as Sony do so that they can report a highest possible earning to stockholders the following year. In a simple way of saying it, releasing GT7 in the beginning of April would be a wise business decision.

This would explain why Playstation Experience would be based in early December, Sony are assuring investors that 2016 will raise stock worth.

Dont take everything I say as complete credible fact though, this is just my quick analysis without having any information behind closed corporate doors.

Except that we know that GT5 cost them $60 million or more.

Their fixed costs don't go down between GT5 and GT6, if anything they go up as they continue to hire more staff.
Their licensing costs don't go down, if anything they go up.

Nothing gets cheaper between GT5 and GT6. And yet GT6 sells maybe a third of what GT5 did. Even with your horrendously optimistic estimate of $30 a copy, at 3 million copies that's $90 million. Regardless of what they planned, the costs of the game don't just go away. They're not going broke, but nor do they have the funds to sustain themselves for another long dry spell waiting for GT7. Sony will have to feed them.

Polyphony isn't going to fall over and die any time soon, but I doubt that their financial situation is particularly stable. If they didn't have Sony to prop them up, it would probably be a tough spot.

Somebody please give me a breakdown of the 60 that gets paid for a game. You are all so quick to bash my speculation but offer up nothing. The one guy who did has the article saying 27 for the publisher(Not far from my 30) PLUS 4-5 for the Console maker.

Also, Does nobody else think that PD receives sponsorship revenue?

And what if Sony see PDI as an R&D expense, a company which has the sole purpose of pushing their product (Playstation) to it's limit? Does that change anyone's thinking about their budget?

Until someone else comes up with some numbers I will continue to speculate.

And until they pull the plug on the academy, the race team, the advertisements at multiple tracks and on multiple cars, their relationships with the major car manufacturers, the in-game sponsorships, the free DLC, and the continuous updates I will continue to believe that they are doing quite well(Obviously GT6 sales figures are a joke and it stands to reason why many are concerned, but I've been a believer that six was a cash grab from the beginning).

Yes, GT6 was a cash grab, and it all came as a massive shock to me at least because I didn't think we were getting a new Gran Turismo until 2015. However, based on this fact, I believe that PD churned out GT6 in a hurry simply to satisfy the development costs of GT7 until they found their way round the PS4's hardware. GT5 was over budget due to the complications PD faced with the PS3, and I feel as though they are making up for that loss right now.

Yes, GT6 was a cash grab, and it all came as a massive shock to me at least because I didn't think we were getting a new Gran Turismo until 2015. However, based on this fact, I believe that PD churned out GT6 in a hurry simply to satisfy the development costs of GT7 until they found their way round the PS4's hardware. GT5 was over budget due to the complications PD faced with the PS3, and I feel as though they are making up for that loss right now.

I also saw GT6 as something that PD gave to the FNG's(new employees) to work on, while the core group started on 7.

We don't know. If you know something we don't, then tell us.

Personally, I find it unlikely that the car companies or the tracks are paying Polyphony to be included.

And what if Sony see PDI as an R&D expense, a company which has the sole purpose of pushing their product (Playstation) to it's limit? Does that change anyone's thinking about their budget?

No. It just means that they're willing to accept larger losses. But from a franchise that has historically been very profitable, I doubt that they're suddenly willing to accept major losses.

Gran Turismo has historically been a system seller, but it has not been a loss leader. Forza seems to provide that function for Xbox at times, but then they made sure that they were there day one (or damn near it) to push system sales.

Gran Turismo hasn't done that since PS2. They were real late to market on PS3, and they look to be again on PS4.

And until they pull the plug on the academy, the race team...

You know that both of these are primarily Nissan things, right? Bar the initial rounds on Playstation, the rest is Nissan's show.

Obviously GT6 sales figures are a joke and it stands to reason why many are concerned, but I've been a believer that six was a cash grab from the beginning.

A cash grab that went pretty horribly wrong.

One could easily imagine that they spent 50 million because they thought that there was a guaranteed 100 million plus in GT6. If all they did was make that 50 million back, that's not so good. They've still got GT7 to make, and maybe that money that went into GT6 would have provided a better return if put into a PS4 game.

A studio like Polyphony is not cheap to keep running. I don't think that they can just burn money and expect to continue being funded. There are other studios that Sony can use to show off how pretty the PS4 is, if they have to. Driveclub looks nice. Shiny graphics cannot be Polyphony's sole function. Polyphony needs to be able to make money too.

Somebody please give me a breakdown of the 60 that gets paid for a game. You are all so quick to bash my speculation but offer up nothing. The one guy who did has the article saying 27 for the publisher(Not far from my 30) PLUS 4-5 for the Console maker.

Until someone else comes up with some numbers I will continue to speculate.

And until they pull the plug on the academy, the race team, the advertisements at multiple tracks and on multiple cars, their relationships with the major car manufacturers, the in-game sponsorships, the free DLC, and the continuous updates I will continue to believe that they are doing quite well(Obviously GT6 sales figures are a joke and it stands to reason why many are concerned, but I've been a believer that six was a cash grab from the beginning).
You aren't making any sense. If GT6 sales figures are a joke, it's not much of a cash grab is it? Potentially it's a loss for Sony, given the economic of the GT series.

The $27 for the publisher is an estimate based on average game sales whereas we already know that GT already has a budget according to Kaz. They are paid no matter what the game sells. After paying PD, marketing, packaging, distribution etc., Sony gets whatever is left over, if anything.

Yes you get free DLC, but it's literally a trickle relative to what the competition is doing. PCars, an indy game with a much smaller sales base, has already exceeded PD's nearly 2 year DLC output in just 5 months. They are also committed to at least 1 free car every month. Forza destroys PD's DLC output many times over. Yes most is paid, but their DLC tracks are free and their total free content for F5 was on par with GT6's free DLC. PD is definitely far behind on the DLC front so it's nothing to brag about. I'd even argue that the lack of DLC the last few months and the severely delayed VGT Project are a black mark on PD's DLC reputation. They should have substituted a few non-VGT's for the missing VGT's but it appears they have completely abandoned the series outside of the VGT program as far as DLC is concerned.

You aren't making any sense. If GT6 sales figures are a joke, it's not much of a cash grab is it? Potentially it's a loss for Sony, given the economic of the GT series.

The $27 for the publisher is an estimate based on average game sales whereas we already know that GT already has a budget according to Kaz. They are paid no matter what the game sells. After paying PD, marketing, packaging, distribution etc., Sony gets whatever is left over, if anything.

Yes you get free DLC, but it's literally a trickle relative to what the competition is doing. PCars, an indy game with a much smaller sales base, has already exceeded PD's nearly 2 year DLC output in just 5 months. They are also committed to at least 1 free car every month. Forza destroys PD's DLC output many times over. Yes most is paid, but their DLC tracks are free and their total free content for F5 was on par with GT6's free DLC. PD is definitely far behind on the DLC front so it's nothing to brag about. I'd even argue that the lack of DLC the last few months and the severely delayed VGT Project are a black mark on PD's DLC reputation. They should have substituted a few non-VGT's for the missing VGT's but it appears they have completely abandoned the series outside of the VGT program as far as DLC is concerned.

It could be argued that F5, Pcars etc require DLC more, due to the relative lack of cars or tracks in the base games.
For the developers, I suspect it is very profitable since the margins appear to be quite high.

How do we know they didn't just lose some staff to rival organizations or just going off to some other company and aren't just replacing people that left for the most part? We really don't know what their staffing levels are and it's presumptuous to assume that all or even the majority of the new hires represent an increase in staff, or that all of them are involved in some way in game production. Hiring someone in marketing won't affect how the game is made for example. They might all be new, they might all be replacements, but likely the truth is somewhere in between.
Tr

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphony_Digital

Turn 10 has way more employees then polyphony digital.

Kaz is hiring more employees to keep his promise in delivering GT7 in 2016.

Polyphony only has about 140 employees.

It takes certain amount of months just to make one car for example.

Current employees aren't enough for the direction he wants GT7 to go and compete.

...Regardless of how much Sony forked out for GT6's development, in the past interviews Kaz indicated that the game used a scaled down version of something from GT7.

I read that as the cost was spread along both games, and to me it's a fair play to treat GT6 as GT7 Prologue.

I love speculating with little to no proof. It's so much fun!!

Tr

Link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyphony_Digital

Turn 10 has way more employees then polyphony digital.

Kaz is hiring more employees to keep his promise in delivering GT7 in 2016.

Polyphony only has about 140 employees.

It takes certain amount of months just to make one car for example.

Current employees aren't enough for the direction he wants GT7 to go and compete.
You are missing a link to T10 staffing levels and your wiki has a link to a corporate profile more than 3 years old. You also gave no evidence or reasoning as to whether staffing levels at PD are increasing, staying the same. Again, I'm not saying that the staffing is moving in any direction I'm just saying that there's no evidence that all these new hires are all additional staff.

Free DLC always trumps Monetary DLC!

You aren't making any sense. If GT6 sales figures are a joke, it's not much of a cash grab is it?

Selling zero copies compared to selling some copies is what I'm saying. Sales figures for gt6 are a joke but the game exists and the sales numbers aren't zero.

Personally, I find it unlikely that the car companies or the tracks are paying Polyphony to be included....

Gran Turismo has historically been a system seller, but it has not been a loss leader.

... Shiny graphics cannot be Polyphony's sole function. Polyphony needs to be able to make money too.

I agree there(except with Nissan, we know Nissan funds them somewhat), but why are the fantasy tracks riddled with sponsors, BP, Pirelli, Bridgestone, amongst others? Sponsorship is the only answer.

Never a loss leader, yes, and yes it helps sell systems and historically if it wasn't bundled with the ps2, gt3 would have sold less. But why does polyphony have to push each console to its limit? Are they forced into it? If Sony has them set-up as an R&D and not a P&L then everybody's concern is for not. Meaning PD and Kaz will never go anywhere, ever.

It's more than shiny graphics. It's multi-screens, wheels, showing other devs what this hardware can do at it's maximum. Now with the virtual reality thing and 3D it just feels like an R&D more and more. Especially since we are nearly 20 years in and we, the consumer, are flat out ignored.

Sony can't have gotten $30 a copy on every GT6 sold since release when the game was in bargain bins new for that much money within 4 months or so.

I checked and checked because I wasn't going to pay full price for this one. They sold 2million copies before it hit bargain pricing for good. It did go on sale for a two week period shortly(like you said about 4 months) after release, but went back up until they hit the 2 million mark. At least that's what happened in North America.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back