GT7 - Guesses for New Year/January Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
With Christmas only 5 days away, what guesses or predictions do people have for the New Year or January Update of Gran Turismo 7. With teases of a couple of new Nürburgring Circuits, leaked car lists or other Gran Turismo Teasers. What predictions do we have for the first update of 2023 and what could make it the best one yet?

My Guess for the New Year / January update is the....

Return of the Chamonix - Snow Circuit
Chamonix Snow Course.jpg

My car list
  • Audi RS6 Avant, 2008
  • Bentley Speed 8, 2003 (Gr.1)
  • Cizeta V16T, 1994
  • Lamborghini Espada, 1968
  • Subaru Impreza Rally Car, 1999 (Premium in GT HD, Competitor for the Celica GT4)
  • Volkswagen Kubelwagen, 1944 (Competitor for the Willys Jeep)
Audi RS6 Avant 2008.jpg
Bentley Speed 8 2003.jpg
Cizeta V16T 1994.jpg
Lamborghini Espada 1968.jpg
Subaru Impreza WRX Rally Car 1999 (GTHD Cut).jpg
Volkswagen Kubelwagen Typ82 1944.jpg

Last edited:
I just so want better ffb , every update that is 1st thing I look for in release notes, Everytime I jump back on GT Sport it feels miles better driving just because the ffb is much better, The thouroughbred race cars just give you some much more ffb. If this is all down too the Direct drive support and turning stuff down so those folks don't get injured, I just hope they are working on solving that and we can all have good ffb effects. Anything else in the update is a bonus :)

Last edited:
Not exactly for Jan, but I'm predicting a Spec II version by the 1 year anniversary, so maybe the Feb/very early March update. Online numbers seem quite low from what I can tell, the number of people engaging outside of the game via GTP/Reddit/etc are way down compared to a few months ago, and given the paltry updates and clearly missing features the devs (or dev, lol) must be working on something fairly large. So what better time to drop a new version than the 1 year anniversary? Although if memory serves most of the Spec II-esque overhauls have been further than a year out from launch, so maybe I'm jumping the gun.

Not exactly for Jan, but I'm predicting a Spec II version by the 1 year anniversary, so maybe the Feb/very early March update. Online numbers seem quite low from what I can tell, the number of people engaging outside of the game via GTP/Reddit/etc are way down compared to a few months ago, and given the paltry updates and clearly missing features the devs (or dev, lol) must be working on something fairly large. So what better time to drop a new version than the 1 year anniversary? Although if memory serves most of the Spec II-esque overhauls have been further than a year out from launch, so maybe I'm jumping the gun.
It seems almost axiomatic that PD would overhaul GT7 before the release of the movie. Surely PD wouldn't want that kind of scrutiny now, with the game in the state that it is. Right?

I really like GT7 but have found myself playing more of the GTAIII definite edition - which is a recycled game I've already completed 20 years ago. I'm not sure what that says really.

I feel like a we've missed a track from the December update so I think we'll get one in Jan, maybe a snowy one

TBH I don't know. Maybe 7 cars and a track? Maybe 3 cars and a different pitbox layout on an existing track? The ability to buy engine swaps and ultra parts from the auto shop? A bag of beans and new music rally? I guess we'll see

January 29, 2023 (1.2x)
The game's tenth content update adds three-five cars:
the Toyota/Honda/Mitsubishi---Audi/AstonMartin/Lexus---Buick/Jaguar/Mercedes-Benz---GTVision:Genesis/Volvo/Skoda/Nike
As well as the addition of Apricot Hill/Grand Valley/TokyoR246/Okayama International Circuit
-or- in addition to new layouts for Nurburgring GP/D-TypeV-Rallycross / Le Mans' Bugatti Circuit.
Two/Three new Extra Books were added to GT Café.
______ also make their return to ____ Mode.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Lexus LFA (guessing every month until it comes)
  • Castrol Honda NSX (with a late 90s/early 00s JGTC bonus menu)
  • Chevrolet Chevelle SS

No new tracks
That Chevelle sounds about right. Another Chevy back to back though. We’ll see.

Not playing the guessing game next year. I’ll just wait and see what we get.

I think we will get the new Nurburgring layouts in January. About cars, Scapes... no idea.
What I would love to see in the next update: a Japanese Gr2 championship/races/menu, some classic rally cars like the Impreza, Delta, 037 or Evo and the Mine's BNR34 back.
Not a fan of rallying/off road in gt7, but I love those cars!
About Sophy... I would say it'll come for the game's first anniversary, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
You trust IGN ? :lol:

Metacritic ? look at the user review.

I'd prefer reading user reviews and old fans of the game than journalists.
I am well aware of the GT7 problems (although I like it personally)

BUT!

To be honest judging the game by Metacritic's user score is even less reliable than IGN. Most of the people who went with 0/10 score there didn't even played that game. If you check those "review" most of them is just bombing 0/10 because of online connectivity.

I personally think the best place to check "user score" is Steam... because it requires you to actually play the game to give review, but since GT7 doesn't have steam version we will never know :D

My crystal ball says:

Cars
1991 Mercedes 190E 2.5 Evo 2
1998 Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS
2012 Catherham 7 SL R500
1974 BMW 2002 Turbo
1993 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVolution 8 MR
1996 Nissan Nismo 400R
(new record of update cars... too optimistic)

Track
Cote D' Azure (Monaco)
Sebring
(one of them don't be too optimistic)

Features
Multiclass races
More customatisiation in on line lobbies
Championships
Αbility to sell parts and engines

Scapes
Greece
Canada

Last edited:
More scapes from Whitby,
a 'season' option which simply replaces rain with snow at appropriate tracks.
And 400 old Japanese cars for that 'authentic GT 1-4 experience', for those who don't remember; basically the same car but different trim levels so that you could drive your parent's actual car.... :lol:

🍿

Last edited:
kjb
The ability to buy engine swaps and ultra parts from the auto shop?
I'd trade further car releases for this feature alone. (unless they're like a Porsche 959, current production road/currently fielded racing Ferrari's, C8 Z06/C8 R GTE, LFA... ie not happening though we've finally got the base C8 so maybe the GTE variant isn't a stretch)

It's ridiculous that the only way one can hope to get an engine they want is open a ticket/close the game if its an engine you don't need, and then hope a new update drops before the ticket expires and you get one of the newer engines. Such a stupid system... This is one case where I wish MTX greed was the catalyst for the inclusion of a feature/system, lol. It's just bad design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back