GT7 - Guesses for New Year/January Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2nd Guess for the New Year / January update is the....

The Re-Introduction of GT League Mode.
GT League.png

My guess for a 2nd car list
  • Autobacs Garaiya ARTA GT300, 2008
  • Chevrolet El Camino SS, 1967
  • Jaguar XKR-S, 2011
  • Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package, 2012
  • Re Amemiya RX-7 AsparaDrink GT300, 2006
  • Suzuki Cervo SR, 2007
Autobacs ARTA Garaiya GT300 2008.jpg
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 1967.jpg
Jaguar XKR-S 2011.jpg
Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package 2012.jpg
RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX-7 GT300 2006.jpg
Suzuki Cervo SR 2007.jpg

Last edited:
You trust IGN ? :lol:

Metacritic ? look at the user review.

I'd prefer reading user reviews and old fans of the game than journalists.
In the case of the Metacritic User Score, GT7 had a mark around 7.8 with (approx) 3500 User Scores a few weeks post release. Then we had the economy controversy with some 7000 User Scores added in little over a week. In the intervening 8 months only 500 User Scores have been added despite millions in additional sales.

By contrast Amazon has a moderated User Score system and saw a dip to 2.5/5 when the economy issue was at it's peak. In the intervening months many new User Scores have been added with a steady increase to 4.5/5. I feel these points have been made numerous times.

As for outlet reviews, each needs to be taken on their own merits. IGN's GT7 review was done by a gearhead from their Australian office. He knows his stuff, just like Martin Robinson from Eurogamer. Being an old-timer GT fan doesn't make your opinion anymore worthwhile. I go back well before the GT era and people aren't shy in slating me when I state GT7 is my favourite edition.

Back on topic.

After a good month with plenty of cool roadcars, I feel those wanting race models are due some love. Not convinced we'll get anything particularly new. But I'd like to see the Minolta Toyota, Peugeot 905, Toyota GT-ONE, Merc 190E2. Then again, maybe we'll get some all new racecar no one was expecting. Not sure if anything fits that descroption on the Datamine. Although that isn't 100% definitive in predicting what will come.

Last edited:
Lol that's hilarious, GT7 was obviously reviewbombed.

You cant really mean it when you say a 2.1 is an objective score for this game?
An objectively well made game can still be badly received by the community (in the form of review bombs or whatnot). My response was to the claim that GT7 is well received by players outside of these forums. Metacritic user score was the easiest way to illustrate my point. A moderated Amazon review score can be just as misleading when they're known to delete what they consider to be "fake" reviews (and they coincidentally almost always just happen to be 1* reviews). My experience with Amazon is that products are always overrated compared to sites that don't directly impact sales.

Another example would be Last of Us Part 2. An objectively amazing game that was not well received by the community for its storytelling decisions (rightly or wrongly is up for debate).

1671665900755-png.1217566

As for January, I'm expecting three new races that pay 25K credits for 15-20 minutes of gameplay, two of which will bug out and not record completion. Maybe even on the new Nurburgring layouts PD's been holding on to.

Attachments

• 1671665900755.png
    1671665900755.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 38
I just hope it's before January 16th since I got a 4 star ticket with an engine I'd like to re-roll.
Not likely given the third Thursday of January is the 19th.

I know not a lot of people liked this track but I really liked the loop around that lake in Spain from GT6, Circuit of Seirra or something like that, I really liked driving the Ferrari GTO around it, what a wonderful engine and exhaust sound.

It would be awesome if they could bring this track, but maybe it is the wrong season, it seems more like a summer track to drive around with the convertible top down.

Given November was a new track and December brought nothing, January seems to be due for probably layout updates. Given the rumors of a Nurburgring layout addition, I would like to think maybe the LFA would come with that as well to tie in the Nurburgring edition.

Wishful thinking?

An objectively well made game can still be badly received by the community (in the form of review bombs or whatnot). My response was to the claim that GT7 is well received by players outside of these forums. Metacritic user score was the easiest way to illustrate my point. A moderated Amazon review score can be just as misleading when they're known to delete what they consider to be "fake" reviews (and they coincidentally almost always just happen to be 1* reviews). My experience with Amazon is that products are always overrated compared to sites that don't directly impact sales.

Another example would be Last of Us Part 2. An objectively amazing game that was not well received by the community for its storytelling decisions (rightly or wrongly is up for debate).

1671665900755-png.1217566
Gran Turismo won Best Sports Game (voted by the community) this year on the official Playstation blog, beating games with massive fanbase (but crappy games) such as FIFA and NBA 2k, and also bronze for best Multiplayer experience.

Last of Us 2, reviewbombed on Metacritic because of the story, won the award for.. Best Story, along with few other awards.

Please realize Metacritic is just full of salty teenagers, TLoU2 was purely downvoted because of transphobic idiots and people who didn't like a particular part of the story. GT7 was purely downvoted because of microtransactions.

Both games sold really well and now in December people still appreciate the game.

So yeah, anyone stating they take Metacritic over industry reviewers are out of their mind lol. GT7 is definitely not badly received outside of this community.

Last edited:
I know not a lot of people liked this track but I really liked the loop around that lake in Spain from GT6, Circuit of Seirra or something like that, I really liked driving the Ferrari GTO around it, what a wonderful engine and exhaust sound.

It would be awesome if they could bring this track, but maybe it is the wrong season, it seems more like a summer track to drive around with the convertible top down.
And it’d nice to drive normal road cars & classic cars on actual road like circuits, as many of these cars are not that enjoyable on wide GP tracks imo

To be honest it looks more like "wishlist" than guess...
Happens every time with these predictions threads. Mr. Cervo above you is real hopeful for his incredibly unlikely car choice. Not that it wouldn't be a ball of fun to tune up...

Gran Turismo won Best Sports Game (voted by the community) this year on the official Playstation blog, beating games with massive fanbase (but crappy games) such as FIFA and NBA 2k, and also bronze for best Multiplayer experience.

Last of Us 2, reviewbombed on Metacritic because of the story, won the award for.. Best Story, along with few other awards.

Please realize Metacritic is just full of salty teenagers, TLoU2 was purely downvoted because of transphobic idiots and people who didn't like a particular part of the story. GT7 was purely downvoted because of microtransactions.

Both games sold really well and now in December people still appreciate the game.

So yeah, anyone stating they take Metacritic over industry reviewers are out of their mind lol. GT7 is definitely not badly received outside of this community.

Yeah I totally ignore meta critic. You can usually get a solid idea of games by reading a couple of reviews and user comments across a few sites.

Maybe another five-car update, featuring...
  • Bugatti Chiron Gr. 3
  • Jaguar XJ220 '92
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • McLaren P1 '13
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04
Track: Grand Valley Speedway

New menu books:

Hybrid Hypercar Holy Trinity:
(Ferrari LaFerrari '13, McLaren P1 '13, Porsche 918 Spyder '13)

New Age Gr. 3:
(Bugatti Chiron Gr. 3, Genesis X GR3, Suzuki Vision Gran Turismo (Gr. 3 Version))

Sports Kei Cars:
(Honda Beat '91, Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92, Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91)

New livery variations:

The Manufacturers' Cup liveries for the following cars have been added as livery variations in their respective color selection:
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12
  • BMW M6 GT3 Sprint Model '16
  • Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr. 3
  • Genesis X GR3
  • Honda NSX Gr. 3
  • Jaguar F-type Gr. 3
  • Lexus RC F GT3 '17
  • Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • McLaren 650S GT3 '15
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3 '16
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr. 3
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
  • Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17
  • Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
  • Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept '18
  • Volkswagen Beetle Gr. 3

Arcade Modes:
  1. All the cars in the game are now added and implemented as rental cars in the Arcade Modes, such as Arcade Race, Time Trlal, Drift Trial and Custom Races, as well as 2-Player Battle and offline mode. Any new cars that arrive via DLC from updates will immediately be added as rental cars as well.
After selecting a track layout and its conditions, you will be brought to two options for the car selection: “Garage Cars” and “Rental Cars”. Selecting “Garage Cars” will display a list of cars you own in your Garage, while “Rental Cars” will bring up a list of all cars, either sorted by country, manufacturer, year or category (only sorted by manufacturer in 2-Player Battle mode).

There will be a few restrictions to using rental cars, such as:
  • They cannot be driven outside of the Arcade Modes unless you buy them in the main career mode.
  • They also cannot be customized and/or upgraded in any way, and only car-specific default colors and livery variations can be used.
  • Tuning on rental cars will only be limited to the car’s default setup, with whatever parameters are available. However, players are free to choose any tire compound they like.
  • Credits and Daily Workout progress will not be earned driving a rental car.

To reflect this updated change, “Select from Garage” in the “Rivals Selection” tab in Custom Races has been renamed to “Select Individually”, with two options “Change Car (Garage)” and “Change Car (Rental)”.

2. Cars that were restricted to one-make only in Custom Races (such as electric vehicles) can now be used in “Select Individually” > “Change Car (Garage)” or “Change Car (Rental)”.

Car Collecting:

1. Brand invitations in Brand Central have been removed, allowing players to freely buy any car as they wish on demand. As a result, brand invitations have been also been removed from roulette tickets.

2. The garage limit has been increased from 1,000 cars to an almost unlimited number of cars.

3. Players are now entitled to a one-time free acquisition of new cars from updates (starting with this update). Any succeeding times will require them to be purchased.

Economy:

1. Credits payouts for all race events in World Circuits have been increased, with the first half being increased by 100%, and the latter half increased further by 500% more than before.

2. Rewards from Arcade and Custom Races have been increased by 500%, although you can only earn them through driving cars from your Garage.

3. Roulette tickets are less likely to be rigged to give the least impressive prizes, with a more unpredictable outcome.

Tuning/Customization:

1. Tuning parts such as the following are now sold on the Extreme category (each costing Cr. 50,000), such as:
  • Bore-Up S
  • High-Lift Camshaft S
  • Propellor Shaft
  • Stroke-Up S
  • Titanium Connecting Rods & Pistons
  • Ultra-High RPM Turbocharger
  • Weight Reduction Stage 5
*NOTE: Parts will be available depending on the car. Not all of these upgrades are available for certain cars.

2. A new category has been introduced in the Tuning Parts Shop: “Engine Swap”. Players can access this when their Collector Level is at least 30. Take note all cars are eligible for engine swaps. Swapping an engine will remove all previously-installed parts on the car’s original engine, and will directly affect the car’s performance.

3. In GT Auto, a new option has been added to the Livery Editor: “Change Base Color”. This option will allow you to change between car-specific default colors and/or liveries.

Sport Mode:

1. Bugatti can now compete in the Manufacturers Cup.

Last edited:
A new home page “location” featuring Kaz as a loan shark. Sure he’ll lend you 100,000cr, but you better pay it back within a week or he’s stealing your cars then putting you in to negative cr balance, which you’ll have to pay for with mtx else the game can’t be played

Last edited:
February update will undoubtedly be one of the big ones due to VR2, so wouldn't be surprised if this was just a few cars as usual (hopefully 4 or 5 again), minor QoL and not much else. Then in February we get the VR2 update on Feb 23, which also doubles as the 1st anniversary update, and we get like Grand Valley and Apricot Hill.

February update will undoubtedly be one of the big ones due to VR2, so wouldn't be surprised if this was just a few cars as usual (hopefully 4 or 5 again), minor QoL and not much else. Then in February we get the VR2 update on Feb 23, which also doubles as the 1st anniversary update, and we get like Grand Valley and Apricot Hill.
the VR update is Feb 22

the VR update is Feb 22
Yeah I said the 23rd since they usually drop them on thursdays but they probably won't want to make people wait. Thinking about it, they might even want to get it out on the 16th so everyone can just plug in the headsets and play when they arrive.

As far as events go we'll probably get a race event where you do 2 Laps of the Nurburgring and get paid 20.000 Credits for it.
Or a Gr.1 30 minute race paying you less than half a million even with the CRB.

Another 3-5 cars, probably a VGT (Skoda was it?) between these.

More engines swaps that we don't get warned about in the patch-notes for whatever reason (not like you'll get them in your lifetime anyway).

More scapes.

Features like the Speed - Drag Race - Acceleration tests in the SSRX will still not come. Nor Championships... Or Endurance races... Or another set of actual Missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back