GT7 is compatible with motion rig ?

• Thread starter poumpoum
  • 680 comments
Anyone able to get the updated Simhub working with GT7?

I was hoping for a simple solution to get at least bass shakers working using that but it’s not looking like it

Edit: looking like it actually does work.

Thank you all for accomplishing the impossible, certainty not enough recompense and recognition in comparison with the gratuitous joy you have bestowed upon many!

Last edited:
Hello everyone !
I'm very happy to say that I have released the first version of my GT7Proxy, targeted at XSim powered rigs. I have used pieces of code from many of you, so kudos to all of you !
Everything is consistent now (I just have very few spikes on forward acceleration I need to investigate, but result is great !). I'll post a video soon too.
Release is here
Code is here

View attachment 1188992
really really thanks for your work my friend, I am trying that but sadly that doesnt work :/ I got a njMotion Compact-R and would be playing GT7 with motion. I show you the output of PowerShell :

Attachments

• Unbenannt-1 Kopie.jpg
    Unbenannt-1 Kopie.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 51
Hi, I've been following your project for a long time and am very much looking forward to any release.

May i ask a question, is there any way to know or judge track name from telemetry data?

I saw your answer on Github, thanks so much for your answer!

Tracing race line might be a possible way to speculate track, that could avoid difference from pit start or rolling start.
Another possible way is record and compare car's position when cross the finish line.

Either way requires a lot of data and effort.
Hello !

I'm ready to make the effort :)
I have started to learn AI/ML/DL. I see here a great opportunity to put in practice what I'm learning.
For that, some data is needed as you mention to train the model. I have made a small tool to capture the needed data for training: it generates a csv file with x/y/z/speed/rpm of the track. The tool is there. A binary release also available here
It will display the track in real-time with color based on speed. Full track dump should not be needed, as I hope the algorithm will figure out quickly the track name.
1672672175723.png

Once data is collected for all tracks, the magic of learning should help to classify the tracks quickly as you start driving on it. But this will come later.
Feel free to send me your track dumps, so the learning set can be optimized !

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Just tried GT7 with simhub based telemetry and it works flawlessly, it's amazing how the game feels much more alive now ! I can feel the curbs, the gears shift, the road... if you have a rig with bass shaker, try it, it adds so much to the immersion.

Just tried GT7 with simhub based telemetry and it works flawlessly, it's amazing how the game feels much more alive now ! I can feel the curbs, the gears shift, the road... if you have a rig with bass shaker, try it, it adds so much to the immersion.
Care to elaborate on how you got this working?
I saw someone on the Simhub Discord had it working also but no information on how either!

Care to elaborate on how you got this working?
I saw someone on the Simhub Discord had it working also but no information on how either!
To be honest, it was litteraly a plug & play experience.
  • I updated Simhub with the latest version.
  • I connected my PS5 and my PC to the same router (Wired, no wifi & I left everything by default, no ports fiddling)
  • I cloned my settings from Automobilista 2 to the GT7 profil in Simhub.
  • Launched a race in GT7 and everything was perfect right out of the gate.

Last edited:
  • I connected my PS5 and my PC to the same router (Wired, no wifi & I left everything by default, no ports fiddling)
Awesome will have to give it a go. Last update I saw was 8.1.3 so that explains it!!!

just wow how easy that sounds, I am trying the same but with the GT7Proxy together with my njMotion Compact-R, do you think that SimHub woll work with the njMotion seatMover, too?

Damnit... guess I'll be buying this soon.

just wow how easy that sounds, I am trying the same but with the GT7Proxy together with my njMotion Compact-R, do you think that SimHub woll work with the njMotion seatMover, too?
I'm not sure Simhub supports njMotion seatmovers but since the base version of Simhub is free, it worth a try ;)

All working with SimHub now, and yes it was just as easy as @Djin said.
Just need to work on the effects but so far better than using game audio for Shaker effects!!
Yea, tuning the effects takes time. What kind of bass shaker do you have ?
On my rig I have x2 DAYTON AUDIO BST-1, works pretty well ! One is under my seat and the other below the pedals. Don't forget to differentiate the front and rear bass shakers in the settings if you have more than one shaker.

Can't wait to play in VR for the full immersion ! :)

Last edited:
Been away from Simhub for a bit, can you or anyone please list what "tactile effects" that Simhub has are supported with GT7?
With news of VR2 upgrade and also this Simhub support it means GT7 immersion can go a notch closer to PC titles.

Yea, tuning the effects takes time. What kind of bass shaker do you have ?
On my rig I have x2 DAYTON AUDIO BST-1, works pretty well ! One is under my seat and the other below the pedals. Don't forget to differentiate the front and rear bass shakers in the settings if you have more than one shaker.

Can't wait to play in VR for the full immersion ! :)
I was just running 2 shakers for left and right channels from game audio, I used a low pass filter to cut out all the top end stuff. It worked well for what it was.
Got to do some more testing to get a profile setup for GT7 in Sim Hub

Been away from Simhub for a bit, can you or anyone please list what "tactile effects" that Simhub has are supported with GT7?
With news of VR2 upgrade and also this Simhub support it means GT7 immersion can go a notch closer to PC titles.
Would you be the Mr Latte from RaceDepartment? If so you are awesome!!

Do you guys think this should be a a seperate post in the forum just to keep all the simhub stuff together??

Here is a screenshot of the various effects available with the last version of Simhub for GT7 :
1673014684107.png

I chose to keep 4 or 5 effects active only, because "less is more" ^^
Do you guys think this should be a a seperate post in the forum just to keep all the simhub stuff together??
Yea totally !

I was just running 2 shakers for left and right channels from game audio, I used a low pass filter to cut out all the top end stuff. It worked well for what it was.
Got to do some more testing to get a profile setup for GT7 in Sim Hub

Would you be the Mr Latte from RaceDepartment? If so you are awesome!!

Yes, for the last few months I’ve worked on a solution for a seat, that’s affordable and upgradable, which offers:

3x Stereo Pairs of Dayton Exciters
2x Mono Units For Rpm/Speed
1x Hardware Mixer (Game Audio Mix)

With work towards many revised "Multichannel Effects" offering the ability to enjoy more effects at once & better highlight stereo sensations! Also, the ability to extend effects with additional effect layers dedicated to high-end tactile immersion experiences using multiple BK/TST units.

I would be keen to chat with others using GT7 with Simhub

Last edited:
Right, holidays and some free time...

Since I have now released EzioDash for iOS, I have for the time being gone back to experimenting with other things based on the telemetry data. But what I found now is beyond my math knowledge, and I basically have no clue about matrix transformations and all that crap :D

But, I know @tarnheld, @Stoobert and @vthinsel among others may know more about it and could possibly get something useful out of this.

Basically, I've been messing around with ChatGPT (oh I know, but if you have a working brain you can catch most of its downfalls) and the quaternion data to get the direction the car is pointing in, and while throwing around the different values, I noticed that the dir2 variable (see attached zipped Python code) when displayed corresponded to how I turned the steering wheel. So without getting ahead of myself here, would this somehow open up the possibility of getting the steering angle?

The value will differ depending on the orientation of the car, but standing still on track, the dir2 value will change according to how you turn the wheel. The value will stop at some point even if the steering wheel can go further, and I assume that could be the steering lock of the car.

Now, as I said, this math is somewhat black magic to me (I just never studied it), so if someone else wants to examine this and see if they can extract a usable steering angle from this – please do so!

Attachments

• gt7steering.py.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 18
I would be keen to chat with others using GT7 with Simhub
hoping not to derail this thread with the Simhub specifics.

After spending this week to find specific GT7 related info and not finding anything on the web, it should be shared somewhere to help others so here is what I have found:

First is the networking info: The instructions for adding inbound and outbound traffic exceptions is for your computer based firewall. Unblock both ports listed both inbound and outbound.

Also on your network router, ensure there is no port forwarding, VPN or any type of blocks/restrictions on either the PC you are running Simhub on, or the Playstation running GT7 so both can communicate unimpaired.

Individual ShakeIt Bass Shaker settings info:
The list generated is the generic settings list in Sim Hub. If you notice the icons, a green Icon means the feature is "supported" by GT7 (i.e. the feature is mapped from the UDP telemetry data sent from GT7 to Simhub in one of the listed features):
1673014684107.jpg
Here is a screenshot of the various effects available with the last version of Simhub for GT7 :
View attachment 1221014
I chose to keep 4 or 5 effects active only, because "less is more" ^^

Yea totally !
So you can see it has ABS not available, but in practice is replaced with Deceleration G-force. I would strongly advise turning on each feature alone one by one to feel what it actually is. Much of the descriptions vary a bit from the feel but are generally accurate. Also changing and modifying the Hz on each will change the vibration feeling. Lower Hz vibrate faster but have less power, and higher Hz vibrate slower but have more power. If you go to low or high in comparison to what your transducer is limited to, it will be mute and provide no vibrations. With that in mind I keep the engine vibrations to lower frequencies, and road vibrations and impacts in the mid to higher range.

I am running my rig with Fanatec GT DD Pro. It is known for communicating solely what you would feel in the steering column and does not communicate road vibrations or bumps, so that is what I am utilizing Simhub to fill in for me using 2 transducers, one under pedals in front, and one directly under seat (set all to "Front/Back" where applicable):
1673104433038.png

-Gives Rumble while braking similar to ABS feeling
1673104553469.png

Rumbles for gear shift
1673104602891.png

"Response filter" dictates how this will work:
1673104658332.png

I am using very intense vibrations while in idling RPM range, then rumbles as it reaches red line

Both Gear Shift and RPM I am utilizing for engine vibration alone. I like how they compliment each other.

1673104765618.png

1673104787471.png

"Road Impact" & "Road Vibration" are bumps, curbs and a bit of slipping rumble to give sensation of the road communication
1673104870895.png

A bit of vibration to simulate when you loose the rear

Attachments

• 1673104329226.png
    1673104329226.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 50
hoping not to derail this thread with the Simhub specifics.

After spending this week to find specific GT7 related info and not finding anything on the web, it should be shared somewhere to help others so here is what I have found:

First is the networking info: The instructions for adding inbound and outbound traffic exceptions is for your computer based firewall. Unblock both ports listed both inbound and outbound.

Also on your network router, ensure there is no port forwarding, VPN or any type of blocks/restrictions on either the PC you are running Simhub on, or the Playstation running GT7 so both can communicate unimpaired.

Individual ShakeIt Bass Shaker settings info:
The list generated is the generic settings list in Sim Hub. If you notice the icons, a green Icon means the feature is "supported" by GT7 (i.e. the feature is mapped from the UDP telemetry data sent from GT7 to Simhub in one of the listed features):
View attachment 1221275

So you can see it has ABS not available, but in practice is replaced with Deceleration G-force. I would strongly advise turning on each feature alone one by one to feel what it actually is. Much of the descriptions vary a bit from the feel but are generally accurate. Also changing and modifying the Hz on each will change the vibration feeling. Lower Hz vibrate faster but have less power, and higher Hz vibrate slower but have more power. If you go to low or high in comparison to what your transducer is limited to, it will be mute and provide no vibrations. With that in mind I keep the engine vibrations to lower frequencies, and road vibrations and impacts in the mid to higher range.

I am running my rig with Fanatec GT DD Pro. It is known for communicating solely what you would feel in the steering column and does not communicate road vibrations or bumps, so that is what I am utilizing Simhub to fill in for me using 2 transducers, one under pedals in front, and one directly under seat (set all to "Front/Back" where applicable):
View attachment 1221285
-Gives Rumble while braking similar to ABS feeling
View attachment 1221286
Rumbles for gear shift
View attachment 1221287
"Response filter" dictates how this will work:
View attachment 1221288
I am using very intense vibrations while in idling RPM range, then rumbles as it reaches red line

Both Gear Shift and RPM I am utilizing for engine vibration alone. I like how they compliment each other.

View attachment 1221289
View attachment 1221290
"Road Impact" & "Road Vibration" are bumps, curbs and a bit of slipping rumble to give sensation of the road communication
View attachment 1221291
A bit of vibration to simulate when you loose the rear
Hi, thanks for your reply...

I have no intentions of taking the thread off-course with GT7/Simhub-ShakeIt discussions.

It probably would be best in its own thread and these forums suit this new scenario we now have...
Other "sim forums" are perhaps too PC Elitist or focused for PS5 and GT7.

So I will wait to see if others are interested or start such a thread here...
It appears from the effects available we have 4 potentially stereo operational options, this means multiple stereo tactile sensations are possible in the seat and to some extent pedals. With both RPM/SPEED, available too, I can create impressive engines that use multiple channels for individual sensations over low/mid/high rpm operations and low or high-speed scenarios.

Will consider trying this sometime in the near future but delighted that it is now possible.

I understand you have only 2 basic transducers (which still will add to the immersion) but we can achieve much more in effects sensations and the quality of felt experiences they offer (even with still affordable solutions).

Lower Hz are not faster than Higher Hz, it's actually the opposite.
"Hz" relates to (cycles per second) so 40Hz is twice as fast as 20Hz

Also, lower Hz has increased bandwidth (you see this in a frequency chart with wide to narrow sections). A higher level of tactile hardware/amp is needed to properly feel low bass energy, below 20Hz. The largest BK LFE or Concert models or Earthquake Q10B are examples.

For the vast majority of budget tactile hardware, it will perform best between 30-80Hz, which is a very narrow range to try to cram multiple effects into.

Generally, taking tactile to a new level of immersion requires a more direct installation to body regions (isolated seat/pedal sections are beneficial too). We can best do this with certain tactile exciters (more wattage and frequency range than Dayton Pucs). As an example, with some creativity, we are able to go far beyond the limitations of single units/channels required to generate so many effects or frequencies. Corner installations are not the solution either, as again these rely on effects being generated via a single unit/channel. I have my own solution and approach I still continue to evolve.

So the "less is more" perception some people have, while true in certain terms isn't so much an issue if we have specific units for specific body regions. Then adding other units for specific effects roles or specific output of certain frequencies based on the performance and capabilities of the hardware being used. These are things I have worked on in testing and with effects creation now for some time in seeking new ways to have much more enjoyable or impressive tactile.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I’ve been following this thread since it’s inception and I’m amazed by the progress thats been made. You people are amazing!

When it comes to simracing on PC, I’ve really only been jealous of one thing - telemetry based transducers. It’s been possible with some console games, but now, finally, even with GT7!

However, as a console gamer and and a Mac developer, I don’t have a Windows PC easily available. And Simhub is unfortunately not available for osx.

Now, I’ve not been able to shake the idea of writing a mobile app (either native or potentially a web app) that could use the telemetry data to generate the low-frequency transducer audio signal - and actually output it through your mobile phone headphone jack.

I’m an app developer but have zero experience with UDP telemetry, and it honestly feels like a daunting task to get into. Generating a variable audio signal based on a dynamic value would be the easy part, tho even if I dug down and got a decent understand of the telemetry data, I can’t even imagine the amount of work it would take to fine-tune to have the app output a signal that would feel even remotely enjoyable.

Before I put this idea to rest - has anyone else been thinking about this?

PC-less telemetry-based bass shaking would be amazing. Just plug your phone to the transducer amp and off you go.

Hi, thanks for your reply...

I have no intentions of taking the thread off-course with GT7/Simhub-ShakeIt discussions.

It probably would be best in its own thread and these forums suit this new scenario we now have...
Other "sim forums" are perhaps too PC Elitist or focused for PS5 and GT7.

So I will wait to see if others are interested or start such a thread here...
It appears from the effects available we have 4 potentially stereo operational options, this means multiple stereo tactile sensations are possible in the seat and to some extent pedals.

Will consider trying this sometime in the near future but delighted that it is now possible.

I understand you have only 2 basic transducers (which still will add to the immersion) but we can achieve much more in effects sensations and the quality of felt experiences they offer (even with still affordable solutions).

Lower Hz are not faster than Higher Hz, it's actually the opposite.
"Hz" relates to (cycles per second) so 40Hz is twice as fast as 20Hz

Also, lower Hz has increased bandwidth (you see this in a frequency chart with wide to narrow sections). A higher level of tactile hardware/amp is needed to properly feel low bass energy, below 20Hz. The largest BK LFE or Concert models or Earthquake Q10B are examples.

For the vast majority of budget tactile hardware, it will perform best between 30-80Hz, which is a very narrow range to try to cram multiple effects into.

Generally, taking tactile to a new level of immersion requires a more direct installation to body regions (isolated seat/pedal sections are beneficial too). We can best do this with certain tactile exciters (more wattage and frequency range than Dayton Pucs). As an example, with some creativity, we are able to go far beyond the limitations of single units/channels required to generate so many effects or frequencies. Corner installations are not the solution either, as again these rely on effects being generated via a single unit/channel. I have my own solution and approach I still continue to evolve.

So the "less is more" perception some people have, while true in certain terms isn't so much an issue if we have specific units for specific body regions. Then adding other units for specific effects roles or specific output of certain frequencies based on the performance and capabilities of the hardware being used. These are things I have worked on in testing and with effects creation now for some time in seeking new ways to have much more enjoyable or impressive tactile.

I was describing feeling of vibrations, and specifically not getting into the technical specifications to be understandable to those not as technically savvy. As I mentioned previously there is a complete lack of support for anyone trying to use GT7 + SimHub and having issues with DIY. If your goal is to share info, best make it understandable to even the least experienced in my opinion, even though I personally appreciate the specificity.

I think the goal is to max out as much response as you can from each unit, not just have specific units per each effect. I don’t see the logistics for where they can all fit on a normal sized rig, not to mention I was working on a $150 max budget to get this running including a new router.

In mine I cannot add any more effects to either unit without loosing another effect somewhere in return. As you mention it ends up muddling the feeling. I did plan ahead for future growth to add additional units planning on ending up with 5 total (it’s not just limited to 4 in Simhub) but have been happy enough so far with 2 simple units (35W on pedals, 50w on seat) as I am looking for the nuance to match the nuanced FFB effects of my wheelbase and it currently is providing it for me. I also keep the amp on both units at half volume to control it manually while playing if needed and keep it low so the vibrations don’t drown out the FFB in my wheel which it can if I turn it all the way up.

It certainly has the possibility to add specific Hz/W combo units and amps to get full range of vibrations and not be limited to that 30-80 sweet spot as with the less expensive hardware I am utilizing. With that you could certainly tailor a unit per effect or similarly grouped effects, space permitting. I just cannot speak to how it feels, but am certain you can make it work finding the proper balance of settings within SimHub.

I am not entirely confident it would be worth it though. For example; “Acceleration G-force” setting I can add and get to work but I really don’t like it. It tries to simulate a bit of a kick from the rear while accelerating, or putting too much throttle while turning but it is a effect that looks like was meant for a motion rig leaning forward, not bass shaking transducers giving a quick kick in the butt. So I’m not even certain all the effects GT7 communicate can be translated to bass shakers only. Cost/enjoyment ratio for me personally I would not invest in more than 4- 35W shakers, 1- for each corner and 1- 50W under the seat max with all the settings available.

Last edited:
@DanielCrk
Simhub is unique for tactile in that it offers some primary advantages over other tactile software options...

1. Supports USB soundcards and not just 7.1 but multiple soundcards too
2. Effects can be sent to ANY channels we desire or duplicated to go to multiple channels
3. It enables users to build/craft much more advanced effects with more options for controlling frequencies
4. Effects can be created that form their generated sensations from multiple units operating together not restricted to the sensation or performance limitations of one unit.

No consumer (off-the-shelf) product achieves this or comes with effects that apply this approach but some in the community including myself have put in a lot of time/effort working towards community-shared solutions with tactile over the last few years.

If a user does not own a PC, but I assume a lot of people with PS5 are also PC gamers.

A cheap laptop or affordable mini PC that can operate with windows OS would likely be recommended and used with USB soundcard for Simhub tactile effects. 7.1 soundcards are affordable and enable a user to go well beyond 2 channel limitations your idea while interesting, seems to be limited as Simhub already is so advanced in what it can offer.

@Nightwing24
I won't go into details here but the path I have been working on, is one of the most affordable entries for multichannel tactile.
Perhaps I will do my own thread on this in the near future and share how/what it offers. Yet this should be separate from a general discussion of GT7 now being supported by Simhub.

Regards "Geforce" based effects, it suits having these use lower bass, that budget tactile isn't quite capable of offering.
Longitudinal G can be applied to help enhance deceleration from high-speed straights entering into chicanes. The exciters I recommend also can operate as speakers, so it is also possible to generate (controlled) audible tones into the seat with these too.
Sounds can play an integral part of the immersion with the felt tactile.

How effects are created and used in Simhub certainly in some ways can become an art/skill. It's interesting to see and experience different people's approaches. Often people tend to look at effects as "individual actions" and not how/what effects are "operational together" or how we may perhaps form these to create a greater impression when combined.

In your example scenario, we can create other (speed based sensations) to work with rpm and deceleration/acceleration G.
Engine sensations, also do not need to be solely restricted to rpm. We can get much more creative and also apply multilayer response curves. :)

My own approach is fundamentally different. I sought to determine what tactile hardware combinations worked best and could be applied together, each with its own particular benefits. There is no single transducer on the market that operates as best over all the frequencies we may apply. To achieve the best immersion, a combination of multiple tactile exciters/large BK and TST units is the most popular optimal hardware. You will find many with high-end PC sim setups have adopted this hardware approach I have shared for several years.

For a new solution:
I wanted an upgradeable pathway into this. Potentially, from a basic 2-channel setup to the most advanced and high-end solutions possible.

One of the main challenges with this as a "concept" is that effects need to be built and operate with frequencies in a way it is possible to make them work with budget hardware solutions. Yet then also be able to apply additional channels or give specific units "effect layer roles" for the combined sensations. With this, the user can then apply stronger/lower bass or enhanced detail and performance as upgrades for those that want to take things further. Yet to have the effects built to support this is no small task and not been properly done before.

In the last few years, by my own experimentation/dabbling with tactile, with over 3000 hours of time invested into Simhub tactile. I have learned how to make this possible with better knowledge of frequencies and building effects in ways others are not doing. With experimenting, I sought to learn how to apply effects with a more natural or musical approach. This requires applying "specific frequencies" together in forming various octaves for effects and applying these to different body regions much more effectively.

It's impossible to achieve this with 4xcorner type installations that people still today think is the best approach.

Some insight:
What can be achieved in felt sensations with professionally made multichannel effects for a tub or suitable seat will outperform what several other options will offer in immersion. A user can start with only 2 exciters (*very cheap) but for the full entry-level muti-channel sensations, they require...

8x Exciters Onto Seat Back = @ $175
2x 4 channel amps = @ $400 (recommended model) cheaper also available
Cables/Interconnects = @ $100 (various qualities/prices)

From this, a user can then upgrade if/when they want, to have additional pedal tactile or apply larger BK/TST units to the base of a seat and or pedals. Additionally, effects layers are intended to be built for these options and setups. What is achievable from this, is a big step up from what motion/tactile solutions offer or what is possible by seat cushions or other off-the-shelf transducer packages.

This is however still w.i.p and intended to be community-based.
I have not yet released my latest work in over a year but will be sharing this solution with a guide and effects this year as progress and development with effects continue.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I would need your help: I followed SimHub instructions with ports 33739 and 33740. But the message doesn't disappear and I get no connection with my PS5, which is wired on the same router than my PC. What could be wrong? I have no VPN, I'm on a private network.

EDIT: And now it works :) I ordered a Nobsound, 2 BST-1 and 2 TT25, for my Playseat Challenge: I guess I will spend hours finding the best setup!

Last edited:
Hello everyone !
Are you still interested in "guessing" the track name ? I finally got something more or less usable. It is still a POC, as I wanted to play with AI/ML in python.

I have learnt few tracks, and now the discovering of the track works pretty well, it is converging very quickly.

I can recognize the following tracks: dict_values(['Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit', 'Brands Hatch Indy Circuit', 'Alsace - Village', 'Dragon Trail - Seaside', 'Daytona Tri-Oval', 'Suzuka Circuit East Course', 'Fuji International Speedway (Short)'])
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit with confidence 60.7%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit with higher confidence 60.7%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with confidence 51.6%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with higher confidence 62.0%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with higher confidence 68.8%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with higher confidence 69.1%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with higher confidence 69.9%
Track candidate : Brands Hatch Indy Circuit with higher confidence 71.0%

If you are still interested, I would need track capture in csv. I have made the tool to create them, available on github : https://github.com/vthinsel/GT7Tracks/blob/master/GT7Map2CSV.py
It requires 2 arguments: the PS5 IP, and the track ID to record as per https://github.com/ddm999/gt7info/blob/web-new/_data/db/course.csv

1673476875113.png

The live display creates some lag in the CSV capture, so one you have done a full lap, stop and wait for speed to indicate 0 in the console.

Last edited:
I wanted to inform the frequent visitors to this thread that I am currently working on a simple GT7 dashboard for iOS (only GT7 and iPhone to begin with, likely iOS 14.4 upwards – no Android, so don't ask).

The app itself will in all likelihood be free to download and use, but there will be a link so those who want to can donate via ko-fi.com to support the development. Being a registered Apple Developer costs $99 yearly, so my hope is that donations will eventually cover that cost.

The main dashboard currently looks like this:
View attachment 1208382

A quick explanation of the elements:
  • Top left is a bar indicating "reception", which is basically a measurement of how many packets from GT7 are lost (full green bar = all packets received at ~60Hz).
  • Top center is a RPM shift bar, indicating from "rpm flash" - 1500 up to "rpm flash". Turns yellow, orange and then red.
  • Top right is the time of day on-track, i.e. if you have time progression on, this will follow that.
  • Left side pane is current speed in kph (will try to implement mph before release), top speed (can be reset by tapping) and distance travelled (can also be reset by tapping).
  • Next to that is brake and throttle bars, with current gear in between. Both goes from 0-100%. Inside the brake and throttle bars are two secondary bars; the one on the brake bar is a bar indicating how much "trail braking" is done, or rather, how much time you spend pressing both brake and throttle pedals simultaneously. The secondary bar on the throttle bar is how much time you spend "coasting", meaning 0% throttle, 0% brake, just rolling. The secondary bars will only record data above a certain speed.
  • Below gear indicator is the RPM counter. Nothing much to say about that.
  • Below this is the fuel bar. Nothing fancy really, although if/when the app can determine how many laps you can go (based on first and subsequent laps) the bar will color yellow, orange and red for when it's <4, <3 and <2 laps left.
  • Below the fuel bar is three calculated values (see above) which shows how many percent fuel was used per lap, how many laps of fuel remains and (if there is an average lap time) how many minutes and seconds the fuel will last.
  • Next pane shows the tyres, and displays only temperatures (no wear, since that's not in the data). Each tyre displays two temperatures; the top one is the average over the last 30 seconds, and the bottom one is the current tyre temperature. The top and bottom colors of each tyre will blend from a blue hue to a red hue, with green being "centered" around 85°C.
  • The rightmost pane is pretty self explanatory. Current lap is straight from the telemetry data, same goes for last and best laptimes. The average laptime is meant to only count flying laps (I'm working on that), meaning it should not count laps that end in the pitlane (inlap) or start in the pitlane (outlap).
That, as they say, is it, basically. There is no telemetry recording of any kind, nor are there any fancy graphs and such. For now at least I will leave that to other tools.

I am also working on a separate command line app that could work as a "go-between" if someone would want to use the telemetry data for more than one purpose (seeing as the game itself only sends to one IP address). It works using websockets, meaning it is possible to connect to it from a web browser and build from that. It decodes the packets from the game and when asked for data (browser could for example pull data at 10Hz) it will send the latest packet in JSON format. This app is written in Rust, and should be easy to port to both Windows and macOS. More on that in the future.

Now, to stave off a lot of questions of "when is it ready?", "can i test it?" and so forth; I don't know when it will be ready. This is my first app for iOS, and I have no idea what hurdles may be in the way with regard to getting the app on the app store. If and when there is opportunity to actually TEST the app (as in beta testing), I will drop a note here.

The current status is that the app works well in testing, at least on the old iPhone 8 I can test it with (my XCode is too old to push it to my iPhone 14 Pro). There are a few caveats, mainly with regard to determining the status of the car (outlap? flying? in pitlane?) which I am still working on. Also, I have noticed that replays seems to show odd values at times (e.g. fuel level going down a few decimal points and then back up), and I need to determine if it's something I've messed up or if it's just replays being replays (we've been down that road before in this thread).
This App is amazing. For me it’s the best piece of software in this segment. Thank you for your work.

Newbie question as I will receive my bass shakers and nobsound amp tomorrow: now my PC gets GT7 inputs, will I plug my usb amp to my PC and get sound/bass inputs from it? (and not from PS5whatsoever?). I’m lost with sound setup. Thanks for your tips!

Newbie question as I will receive my bass shakers and nobsound amp tomorrow: now my PC gets GT7 inputs, will I plug my usb amp to my PC and get sound/bass inputs from it? (and not from PS5whatsoever?). I’m lost with sound setup. Thanks for your tips!
If you are using SIMHUB software on your PC, that is exact the way how it will work. I started with the same 2 days ago.

Last edited:
Back