GT7 is compatible with motion rig ?

• Thread starter poumpoum
  • 680 comments
Good news, I actually managed to squeeze in an experimental feature to enable telemetry for replays as well. It will be possible to enable this with a toggle in the settings (as it is experimental, you can disable it for live races if it causes trouble). One caveat though, and this is something I have seen telemetry-wise before; The fuel gauge and anything relying on that is not 100% reliable during replays. The reason for this is unknown, but it is what the game sends in the telemetry, so not much I can do about it. It shows as the fuel percentage "jumping" around a bit, tenths up and down mostly.

The current build is undergoing internal testing for now, but it looks positive for a release in the near future.
I like how your app has the fuel laps remaining. I don’t suppose there’s any way to have a track radar/ weather radar screen? Might just be wishful thinking. Lol

Another update - and this starts with a revision to my first post: the bucking is simply a poor default motion profile tune from SRS/DOF, maybe it was setup with a non SFU gearbox unit.

I tried a 43" television and that works much better - I'd keep it on if I were doing more flat gaming but my intention is to run the rig with VR at all times; so, I downsized even further to a 32" which fits perfectly and takes a little weight off the front. But I would recommend 43" to anyone wanting to go with a monitor, great size and fitment.

Onto the profile tuning; I'm working on a Gr.4/3 car tune (all layouts) on a variety of tracks. It's remarkable the nuance one track can be to another; Kyoto Driving Park has virtually flat curbs - so heave gets adjusted really high then you drive on the Nordschleife and every curb sends the rig airborne. Pitch is loads of fun on something like Spa, too, flying through Eau Rouge to Radillion never gets old. While I foresee myself creating lots of profiles with the main categories: GR.#, GR.B, Road Car, GR.X, then working on a 911 modifier, then a mid-engine modifier, then breaking out the GR classes and then a tire/weight modifier for road cars. Which will be fun, because the tuning is on the fly, it's very convenient. But I do not want to make track specific profiles; too much work!

But here is my current hurdle; I cannot get sway to work for the life of me. I'm trying every conceivable variation of the slider, max, smoothing, boost, overall smoothing and it just isn't doing what it ought to do - it barely moves and rarely matches the movement of the vehicle on screen. I'm still waiting on the buttkicker and T-GT II base to come in by next week, once that is setup I'm going to try out the intellitune system to capture the telemetry and give suggestions, then reach out to SRS/DOF if need be to inquire on the sway. It's occurring to me now I need to try out GT Sport with the new profile settings, too. Maybe there's something to be learned on that game. Currently in GT7 pitch, roll, heave and traction loss feel pretty good. Surge is still very much a work in progress - I'd like the brake to be a short but very quick pitch forward, whereas acceleration should be a quick but long travel pitch rearward. I had the brake originally on long travel and that's good for 'g' experience but it got in the way of other axis movements going on.

And that's a general question I have - is there a priority to axis movements and a way to set priority of movement? Several times I can feel the system jumping between which axis to move on if there's a lot going on at once (fast transition over bumps with camber changes and trail braking/feather throttle like on Deep Forest mid-section); the movements are right but jumping off of one to another can feel immersive breaking and the system loses the plot. I think if I could I'd put sway (if I can ever get it to work!) and heave at the top, then pitch/roll, then surge. I'm keeping mindful of the slider effect to have that headspace for other movement. Might need to focus on those chaotic moments on track and tune for those - then dial it back up a little for the rest of the time. Since traction loss is on its own, it's always good to go.

Here's a snapshot from a prior Gr.4 baseline; I've since increased max on accel surge and pitch smoothing up 5 basis points.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 32
Yup, that’s wishful thinking I’m afraid 😄
One more question. I’ve got it working with both my iPhone and ps5 on wifi, but if I have my ps5 connected via Ethernet I can’t get the dashboard app to connect to the ip address of the ps5. Any ideas?

One more question. I’ve got it working with both my iPhone and ps5 on wifi, but if I have my ps5 connected via Ethernet I can’t get the dashboard app to connect to the ip address of the ps5. Any ideas?
Not off the top of my head, I’m afraid. It’s the very setup I use myself; wired PS5, phone on wifi. I assume they are in the same subnet, i.e. both on 192.168.0.x for example? This is more of a networking issue, probably. Do you have any other device on wifi that you can try to ping the PS5 ip from? No ip conflicts? Not on guest wifi? PS5 not in a DMZ or something like that? I would start investigating your router, but that is an adventure on its own…

Not off the top of my head, I’m afraid. It’s the very setup I use myself; wired PS5, phone on wifi. I assume they are in the same subnet, i.e. both on 192.168.0.x for example? This is more of a networking issue, probably. Do you have any other device on wifi that you can try to ping the PS5 ip from? No ip conflicts? Not on guest wifi? PS5 not in a DMZ or something like that? I would start investigating your router, but that is an adventure on its own…
Thanks. I’ll see what I can find.

I got the app on a iPad mini installed and experience quite a delay between game and app. The delay appears to get bigger the longer I race. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Unfortunately, no. I still don’t know what is causing this, but personally I’ve only experienced it on my old iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. Both these devices are same generation, and they both exhibit this very behaviour. Switching to my old iPhone 8, no delay. Same app version, same network, same everything really. So, my guess here it is that the network stack (I’m spitballing here) in hardware is trying to forward all the UDP packets instead of dropping them, and the app can’t do much about it. Now, you don’t mention what model year of the iOS device you use, so that info would be very interesting to hear.

TL;DR version: No, I don’t know the cause of this 😟

Unfortunately, no. I still don’t know what is causing this, but personally I’ve only experienced it on my old iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2. Both these devices are same generation, and they both exhibit this very behaviour. Switching to my old iPhone 8, no delay. Same app version, same network, same everything really. So, my guess here it is that the network stack (I’m spitballing here) in hardware is trying to forward all the UDP packets instead of dropping them, and the app can’t do much about it. Now, you don’t mention what model year of the iOS device you use, so that info would be very interesting to hear.

TL;DR version: No, I don’t know the cause of this 😟
It’s a iPad mini 4

It’s a iPad mini 4
That's the A8 processor, if I'm not mistaken, so more or less the same as my iPad Air 2 which has the A8X. So I'm not surprised that you experience the same problem, sorry to say. I wonder if the iPhone 7 (which I think is the A10, since the iPhone 6S has the A9 CPU) lags behind as well?

Anyone with an iPhone 7 that can check if the A10 hardware also lags in the telemetry? As it stands now I will make a note on the website that iOS 15 and A11 chipset or higher is recommended.

I'm a bit late to the party. But i downloaded @Nenkai s git hub but on installing is see a black prompt screen flash and nothing else. How do i use this? i only know a little bit about api's ive done some things with it for woocommerce looks like an interesting way to learn more.

Also @Bornhall that dashboard looks great. any plans for android or windows aswell?

That's the A8 processor, if I'm not mistaken, so more or less the same as my iPad Air 2 which has the A8X. So I'm not surprised that you experience the same problem, sorry to say. I wonder if the iPhone 7 (which I think is the A10, since the iPhone 6S has the A9 CPU) lags behind as well?

Anyone with an iPhone 7 that can check if the A10 hardware also lags in the telemetry? As it stands now I will make a note on the website that iOS 15 and A11 chipset or higher is recommended.
I’m using a 7 plus and the app works great.

Saw some funny stuff near the end of the lap...
View attachment 1182375
View attachment 1182376
That red line (replay) definitely doesn't look to be err... On the money. I would hazard a guess the replay file has either a lower resolution or the replay has some other kind of averaging going on where it doesn't care what data is being output as long as it's approximate over the course of a lap and plays to the screen how it should.

It explains why I didn't think about it before. Earlier replays I saw the max throttle bouncing between 254 and 255 and just dismissed it as I had to clean the throttle pedal on my CSL Elite due to the potentiomenter being a bit bouncy at low values so just assumed this was the beginning of it.

I have also thought that could this be some weird artifact where the live data is actually being smoothed, and the replay has raw data and this sawtooth effect is the vibration from the trigger controls, but I don't see under braking and I don't see it on all corners, so I dunno.

I think for purposes going forward I am just going to ignore replay files when it comes to any kind of analysis or development because it's just... weird.
First, thanks to everyone in this thread, I’ve been reading everything here and learning about the telemetry and it’s great how much info there is here! I’m working on my own analytics engine for this, I know there are others but I enjoy making my own stuff. I work on controls and data analytics software for large fleets of industrial equipment for work. I’ve got a Go (golang) library going that reads telemetry into a struct, and you folks got me to this point with your great info! I had to make an account just for this thread.

I wanted to suggest that maybe “replay problem” is because the replays store the values for throttle and brake either pre- or post-processing? Like if the ABS algorithm processes your brake input somehow and the live telemetry shows the pre or post processed signal and replays store the other signal. Alternately, the replay is the same physics engine but the physics frame rate is lower? I’m going to be doing some comparison analysis as soon as I get my data collection pipeline finished, if anyone has test ideas. I’m not sure how far I’ll get as I don’t have a ton of free time. I know it doesn’t matter much but I like puzzles.

Thanks again!

C_L
Ok - second day with the rig moving. I put on a 50" Television on the stand - it's too big. The TV weighs only some 20 pounds but with the VESA adapter to go from 100x100 to 200x200 and the low portion mounting position it's too wobbly. What's more - it's too big! I'm looking upwards to look ahead and it's simply too much real estate. I think around a 40-43" is going to be the goldilocks here, ideally something with the TV mount near center.

I also grabbed an older Schroth harness from storage - need to get a bolt and some washers to mount it to the chassis, hanging loosely looks like there won't be any issues.

So.. I have learned, so far, this is not quite a plug and play getup. The tuning profile makes all the difference in the world. I suspect my early adoption here is going to bite me in the butt some because I flat out suck at making these adjustments and am eagerly waiting someone much smarter than me to post some tuning profiles. There are some youtube videos with Jeff Weaver I need to watch through to get an understanding of the adjustments and max values. I'm using his F1 H3 with SFU numbers currently. Wow. What a difference that made over the default. It feels far more accurate to what's happening on screen but there are still some random jerks and bucks that are unsettling and the cars won't pitch on decel/accel like they used to and at certain times, especially with lots of action/reaction, the platform seems to get lost and moves in unpredictable/random ways. There are also moments of spontaneous jumps, this time it isn't a bucking motion but just a HARD one off jump.

I'm trying different cars and different tracks out and the ideal solution is going to be to 'tune' for every car, too. I need to find a universal profile setting that'll work for 75% of cars out there. I noticed harder suspension vehicles like a Cayman GT4 on Sport Soft tires react much wilder to the same track versus a 90s Civic Type R on Comfort Sport tires.

I also need to dial the whole thing back a little - I lowered the boost to 25 and that was a little too muted. I'm running through all the tracks to get a broad range of input on adjustments. I feel a little nauseated writing this out in fact and I blame Daytona for that. Yowza - that roll effect on the bank with the huge TV is...uhh.. yeah.

With VR I'm thinking everything will need to be dialed back substantially - a less is more approach, because otherwise it's going to be an unreasonable chaotic experience. I see where actuators make an argument as they would simulate the suspension of the vehicle. Quite frankly, you'd want the best of both worlds and I suspect that's the H6 rig.

Next on the docket - get a smaller TV and order a buttkicker.

I noticed the magicbox will not recognize the 5ghz wifi network I have and am using the 2.4ghz. This may also be creating some telemetry confusion and random actions by the rig playing catch up or skipping movements due to the smoothing effects? I will send SRS a question tomorrow why/how to get the MagicBox to recognize the 5 band network. Ultimately I'll be bringing the rig inside the house which will give me access to an ethernet cable port which I'll split for the PS5 and MagicBox to go directly into the modem. Unless that's a bad idea, should it go to a router?
This is awesome work and if you combine VR has to take our immersion in the game to the next level!! Thanks for taking the time to update us on this!

Hi Rumblestrip - thanks for the kudos.

I received the VR2 headset today and have been continuing to tinker around with the DOF H3 platform with GT7 - I have also added a Buttkicker Gamer 2 through SRS over the MagicBox (Ras. Pi) unit and it works to some extent.

Full disclaimer, I've spent about 10-15 minutes in GT7 VR2 Motion. Initial impressions; not playable. The setup needs some sort of VR compensation allowance - sitting in the motion rig racing bucket seat on Grand Valley in an Alfa 4C got me too much head movement that it creates a discombobulating experience inside the cockpit of the car (body is moving around constantly trying to re-center) and ultimately takes me out of the VR demised play space which forces the headset to pause and requests a rescan of the room.

I removed my VESA mount and television from the DOF rig as it was interfering with the scanned space and I could not get the VR headset to even play with the mount on. Rather disappointing but the TV could be mounted up on the wall... still not great to play 2d with motion for friends that can't stomach VR.

I've turned up overall smoothing to 50 and reduced the motion profile down to the soft setting; minor movement on all axis. That made it better and playable for a minute or two at a time but it's still a no go - after that 90 seconds or so of playtime there will be an eventual stall out on the system, pause, rescan. Truth be told, you don't need much movement and the whole movement experience just sorta blends out into the background - my brain dismissed the sensation and was more so focused on the (new) track in front of me. So I will try turning settings down even more but at some point there is diminishing return and frankly losing the plot of a motion rig.

I do not know what solutions are possible yet. The PC Vr compensation solutions do not appear to be applicable to the PS5/PSVR setup.

As an aside - I find running the Buttkicker through SRS via 3.5mm direct audio port out from the Pi unit into the amp is not as immersive as running it off a dummy audio signal. I suspect it's the limitations of the GT7 telemetry but when I ran the Buttkicker via audio splitter off my sound bar before the days of motion and SRS, I thought the amp and low freq filter did a pretty good job on most cars up to certain speeds (each car unique past a threshold point) of transmitting transmission shifts and rumble strips and some engine noise. What's missing now is the rumble strips - I don't get much in ways of the Buttkicker shaking from going over rumble strips; only transmission noise, hard contacts and some engine noise.

And further aside - while the VR headset is very slick and the hardware works as promised; it is only incrementally better than the PSVR1 with GT Sport experience. It is better viewing, better performing and more comfortable - however, as an 'experience,' it doesn't move the needle much - I don't mean that to come off as a debby down but it isn't any more transformative than VR1 + playrig (wheel/pedals/buttkicker).

I'll try to snap some video this evening.

C_L
Hi Rumblestrip - thanks for the kudos.

I received the VR2 headset today and have been continuing to tinker around with the DOF H3 platform with GT7 - I have also added a Buttkicker Gamer 2 through SRS over the MagicBox (Ras. Pi) unit and it works to some extent.

Full disclaimer, I've spent about 10-15 minutes in GT7 VR2 Motion. Initial impressions; not playable. The setup needs some sort of VR compensation allowance - sitting in the motion rig racing bucket seat on Grand Valley in an Alfa 4C got me too much head movement that it creates a discombobulating experience inside the cockpit of the car (body is moving around constantly trying to re-center) and ultimately takes me out of the VR demised play space which forces the headset to pause and requests a rescan of the room.

I removed my VESA mount and television from the DOF rig as it was interfering with the scanned space and I could not get the VR headset to even play with the mount on. Rather disappointing but the TV could be mounted up on the wall... still not great to play 2d with motion for friends that can't stomach VR.

I've turned up overall smoothing to 50 and reduced the motion profile down to the soft setting; minor movement on all axis. That made it better and playable for a minute or two at a time but it's still a no go - after that 90 seconds or so of playtime there will be an eventual stall out on the system, pause, rescan. Truth be told, you don't need much movement and the whole movement experience just sorta blends out into the background - my brain dismissed the sensation and was more so focused on the (new) track in front of me. So I will try turning settings down even more but at some point there is diminishing return and frankly losing the plot of a motion rig.

I do not know what solutions are possible yet. The PC Vr compensation solutions do not appear to be applicable to the PS5/PSVR setup.

As an aside - I find running the Buttkicker through SRS via 3.5mm direct audio port out from the Pi unit into the amp is not as immersive as running it off a dummy audio signal. I suspect it's the limitations of the GT7 telemetry but when I ran the Buttkicker via audio splitter off my sound bar before the days of motion and SRS, I thought the amp and low freq filter did a pretty good job on most cars up to certain speeds (each car unique past a threshold point) of transmitting transmission shifts and rumble strips and some engine noise. What's missing now is the rumble strips - I don't get much in ways of the Buttkicker shaking from going over rumble strips; only transmission noise, hard contacts and some engine noise.

And further aside - while the VR headset is very slick and the hardware works as promised; it is only incrementally better than the PSVR1 with GT Sport experience. It is better viewing, better performing and more comfortable - however, as an 'experience,' it doesn't move the needle much - I don't mean that to come off as a debby down but it isn't any more transformative than VR1 + playrig (wheel/pedals/buttkicker).

I'll try to snap some video this evening.

Surely we are all smart enough to get this working, imagine psvr2 and motion! That would be epic.

Surely we are all smart enough to get this working, imagine psvr2 and motion! That would be epic.
e30 - I need to edit my prior statement; it works and with some new settings I've tried, it's very playable now. I logged a 3 hour session! However, in my opinion, it's hitting diminishing returns and in some ways the individual pieces are taking a step back to work together.

Due to the inherent hardware setup (and lack of compensation scenario) the limit of movement from the DOF rig is reduced three fold as compared to 2d playing - which with good tuning got to a point of accessibility and convincing movement albeit not 'proper' movement. I'm comparing to videos/testaments from iRacing drivers (who also race irl) using simhub/SRS on PC with a DOF H/P3 rig with it's VR motion compensation adjustment and adjustability to platform movement directions; they can 'emulate' g-forces when driving with the rig in what appears to be a very convincing manner.

My above post was negative, undeservedly so. I need to calibrate to what the limitations of the hardware are and set expectations form there. Even minor movement in VR is appreciated - you don't need as much however going from the 2D experience (reference) to VR, it'll naturally feel like let down.

I'm going to try to run the buttkicker off audio signal vs through SRS and see if that'll make a difference - right now it's only useful for gearchanges and big traction loss, I can't get it to operate on rumble strips the way it works over audio signal.

I need to focus is on track pitch - I suspect it's a max value setting that needs to be raised; when in VR and the track pitches extreme incline/decline, the rig holds the 'out of bounds' position where you exceed the VR playfield - then any lateral movement is jarring and the headset wants to calibrate creating a jarring experience.

Using the PSVR2 with the H3 and bass transducer works great for me. I've been playing since the 22nd with no issues. It's extremely immersive. Of course, I spent most of the summer getting the motion dialed in just right by coding my own proxy based on the wealth of info from this forum and from Jeff Weaver on the SRS side. Less is definitely more when it comes to motion. I've even done online races this week without issues.

C_L
e30 - I need to edit my prior statement; it works and with some new settings I've tried, it's very playable now. I logged a 3 hour session! However, in my opinion, it's hitting diminishing returns and in some ways the individual pieces are taking a step back to work together.

Due to the inherent hardware setup (and lack of compensation scenario) the limit of movement from the DOF rig is reduced three fold as compared to 2d playing - which with good tuning got to a point of accessibility and convincing movement albeit not 'proper' movement. I'm comparing to videos/testaments from iRacing drivers (who also race irl) using simhub/SRS on PC with a DOF H/P3 rig with it's VR motion compensation adjustment and adjustability to platform movement directions; they can 'emulate' g-forces when driving with the rig in what appears to be a very convincing manner.

My above post was negative, undeservedly so. I need to calibrate to what the limitations of the hardware are and set expectations form there. Even minor movement in VR is appreciated - you don't need as much however going from the 2D experience (reference) to VR, it'll naturally feel like let down.

I'm going to try to run the buttkicker off audio signal vs through SRS and see if that'll make a difference - right now it's only useful for gearchanges and big traction loss, I can't get it to operate on rumble strips the way it works over audio signal.

I need to focus is on track pitch - I suspect it's a max value setting that needs to be raised; when in VR and the track pitches extreme incline/decline, the rig holds the 'out of bounds' position where you exceed the VR playfield - then any lateral movement is jarring and the headset wants to calibrate creating a jarring experience.
This is bery interesting, you are a very intelligent individual. Whats your background aeronautical engineer? Please keep us informed on your reasearvh into the buttkicker as that is something i will be employing soon. I have read simhub works quite well now gt7 is compatible.

Last edited:
Using the PSVR2 with the H3 and bass transducer works great for me. I've been playing since the 22nd with no issues. It's extremely immersive. Of course, I spent most of the summer getting the motion dialed in just right by coding my own proxy based on the wealth of info from this forum and from Jeff Weaver on the SRS side. Less is definitely more when it comes to motion. I've even done online races this week without issues.
Chisel - if you're using the SRS suite, could you post your SRS tuning profile or values for motion and shaker? Mind expanding on the proxy (server?) you coded or link to posts you discuss it? In this thread I've seen some folks setup actuators with GT7 based on the telemetry nenkaai found and the community worked out. Hard to believe that was only some five months ago!

I'm chatting with some players on the facebook DOF forum and sharing the profiles is helpful getting folks up and started. If someone else doesn't do it soon I'll make a youtube video, based on the assembled knowledge thus far, to circulate an accessible baseline profile and general hardware setup to help the other luddites out there get into GT7 with motion. I suspect I'm not the only middle aged dad trying to get his fix on a digital track. We dummies gotta look out for each other and democratize this stuff so it'll evolve to its best settings.
This is bery interesting, you are a very intelligent individual. Whats your background aeronautical engineer? Please keep us informed on your reasearvh into the buttkicker as that is something i will be employing soon. I have read simhub works quite well now gt7 is compatible.
Haha! Hardly, my academic background is in music :embarrassed:)

I don't have experience with simhub since the DOF magicbox comes with SRS by default. Let me know how that goes if you go that route with the shaker and other peripherals.

C_L
Chisel - if you're using the SRS suite, could you post your SRS tuning profile or values for motion and shaker? Mind expanding on the proxy (server?) you coded or link to posts you discuss it? In this thread I've seen some folks setup actuators with GT7 based on the telemetry nenkaai found and the community worked out. Hard to believe that was only some five months ago!

I'm chatting with some players on the facebook DOF forum and sharing the profiles is helpful getting folks up and started. If someone else doesn't do it soon I'll make a youtube video, based on the assembled knowledge thus far, to circulate an accessible baseline profile and general hardware setup to help the other luddites out there get into GT7 with motion. I suspect I'm not the only middle aged dad trying to get his fix on a digital track. We dummies gotta look out for each other and democratize this stuff so it'll evolve to its best settings.

Lol..from one middle-aged dad to another, I'll see what I can do. If your SRS proxy is simply sending the data straight from GT7 to SRS, you're going to be disappointed with the motion. The data coming out of GT7 needs to be run through complex formulas before being sent to SRS where it is further manipulated to taste. The great thing about using your own proxy is that you know exactly what values are being sent into SRS. You can balance between g-force motion and elevation/banked motion. You can also nearly eliminate the jarring motions by delaying the data capture on the SRS side after first entering the track.

Hi guys. I need some help!!

Had anyone had any issues with random disconnecting? Everything has been fine for a couple weeks, but for some reason today I only get 20 seconds of tactile and the the game disconnects. If I unplug the Ethernet cable from my computer and plug it back in, it will work for another 20 seconds or so then disconnects again. Ugh!! I’m spoilt after having tactile and not having it is depressing!! 😂

Update: after changing out the Ethernet cable I was still having the same issue. After reopening the ports I now have nothing. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling simhub, but same deal. Super sad.

Update 2: It might be something to do with my Ethernet switch. Cause I updated sim hub and went into the game setting and it lets you put in the ip address of the ps5. I had both on WiFi and it worked! So I plugged the ps5 back into Ethernet and it still worked with the pc on WiFi! Plugged the Ethernet back into the pc and it started ****ing up again. So looks like I’ll just keep the pc on WiFi.

Thanks for the help guys! 😂

Last edited:
@Bornall, I would like to know, do the data show any of the suspension settings number, gearbox ratio or the weight of the car?

@Bornall, I would like to know, do the data show any of the suspension settings number, gearbox ratio or the weight of the car?
Gear ratios are available, but doesn’t correlate 100% to the ingame values as far as I can tell. At least for final drive.

No tuning settings are in the telemetry I’m afraid, neither is weight. Would’ve been nice though…

Hi guys. I need some help!!

Had anyone had any issues with random disconnecting? Everything has been fine for a couple weeks, but for some reason today I only get 20 seconds of tactile and the the game disconnects. If I unplug the Ethernet cable from my computer and plug it back in, it will work for another 20 seconds or so then disconnects again. Ugh!! I’m spoilt after having tactile and not having it is depressing!! 😂

Update: after changing out the Ethernet cable I was still having the same issue. After reopening the ports I now have nothing. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling simhub, but same deal. Super sad.

Update 2: It might be something to do with my Ethernet switch. Cause I updated sim hub and went into the game setting and it lets you put in the ip address of the ps5. I had both on WiFi and it worked! So I plugged the ps5 back into Ethernet and it still worked with the pc on WiFi! Plugged the Ethernet back into the pc and it started ****ing up again. So looks like I’ll just keep the pc on WiFi.

Thanks for the help guys! 😂
Hi Owen - sorry I don't have experience with simhub but glad it all worked out in the end, could be useful reference for someone else having this problem in the future. Cheers.

I received Chisel's motion profile settings yesterday - WOW. I'm angry it's so good and I gotta buy him a beer or a coffee. These were very different numbers than what I and others have ran, but it works so well in VR. On a five lap race around Road Atlanta in an Alpine a110 I had only one instance of a random buck on a straight, and one instance of exceeding the play area (seeing green lines) which I can attribute to me anticipating a turn and cranking my head to look through it, and one instance of a hard vertical position calibration inside the cockpit (no pause, just a new placement). That's all really good! I found it is imperative to keep your head back to the headrest while driving with as little neck movement as possible.

If my prior comments put anyone off or on the fence to commit to motion and VR - I'm now saying swing for it, it's good.

Back