France
poumpoumk
Hello there !

I've found this video recently

Some photos
access-gt7_01.jpg

access-gt7_02.jpg

access-gt7_03.jpg

The company behind that is Access and from their website you can see the compatibles games :

access-granturismo-titles.png

I've found their other website and this is what I've found :

access-playstation_01.jpg

and on this pdf you can see how you have to connect your Playstation :

access-playstation_02.jpg

(yes it's an old PS3 picture lol) but it clearly says it is compatible with PS4 and PS5 here :

access-playstation_02bis.jpg

After installing the software (it's free), GT6 & GT7 seem to share the same interface to send the G-Forces but there are two different ways of doing it (Axis or Physics)

access-playstation_03.jpg
access-playstation_04.jpg

access-playstation_05.jpg

Do you guys have any ideas of how it works ?
How do they get the G-Forces information ? Is it a opened port on the playstation that sends the data automatically ?
Is it a special GT7 version or an "hacked version" on a jailbreak PS4/5 ?

Attachments

• simcraft-granturismo-titles.png
    simcraft-granturismo-titles.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 155
  • access-playstation_01.jpg
    access-playstation_01.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
It reminded me the GT6 Motion Simulatior that we saw at Fuji 8 years ago from SimCraft (gtplanet article here). And when you go on the SimCraft website you can find the list of supported games :

simcraft-granturismo-titles.png

Like Access they've worked on PS4 and GT Sport too ! I didn't find any software to download...

Last edited:
Huh, finally they decide to use/open this to vendors. Still private usage though. It's been there since GT6 but not enabled by default.
Edit: It may've been actually, but i guess this was never figured until this thread.

Last edited:
It will, but it's not intended for regular users to poke around it; it's still a private API.
I will look into making some sort of tool in the upcoming days. I already have it mostly figured out from GT6 work.
Thank you so much !

I already asked SimRacingStudio team to check this post and see how they could add GT support :D

So the GT/Simulator Driver is saying that it is connected to my PS5 but in ACSIM I'm stuck in "preparation mode" and nothing happen :confused:

acsimGT7_test_01.jpg

I can see in wireshark that the PS5 is sending a lot of UDP packets to the 33740 port

acsimGT7_test_02.jpg

But this is the maximum I can do :D

Now, how to decode that ?

Last edited:
Huh, finally they decide to use/open this to vendors. Still private usage though. It's been there since GT6 but not enabled by default.
Edit: It may've been actually, but i guess this was never figured until this thread.
Saw your post on Twitter. I think this info has been "known" for a while; IGTL have been using a custom race overlay (timing/position tower and track map) for a bit now....

Saw your post on Twitter. I think this info has been "known" for a while; IGTL have been using a custom race overlay (timing/position tower and track map) for a bit now....

Do you have a better source for this? This looks like a recording gone through post-processing and manually edited as opposed to actual telemetry.
You can't get data other than your own car aswell.

Last edited:
Do you have a better source for this?
Unfortunately not. It looks like IGTL have deleted all but one of their videos from their Twitch channel and haven't posted anything else for ~6 months. Additionally all their videos apart from short advert videos have gone from their Facebook page too.
his looks like a recording gone through post-processing and manually edited as opposed to actual telemetry.
I suppose it could be but while a per-lap timing tower would be relatively simple to add in post that track map would be an absolute nightmare to do. Plus, and I could very well be wrong, I'm fairly certain I saw a live stream with their custom overlay and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw they'd got live timing data with a custom overlay.

Curiously all the 2021 IGTL streams that GTPlant simulcasted appear to have also been removed from the GTPlanet YT channel so I'm starting to wonder if someone at PD took exception to IGTL figuring out how to access the data and have had the videos removed??

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s Secret API Discovered, Enabling Motion Rigs, Telemetry Info, and More

In a rather surprising turn of events, researchers have discovered that real-time Gran Turismo 7 game data can be accessed via standard networking protocols. With further study, it could enable a wide range of third-party accessories and tools to interact with the game’s virtual environment...

Interesting stuff guys. I wonder if this is a step forward to the PC direction for GT7 ?

This makes me wonder: Will it be possible to use a 2nd TV on top of the normal TV to display some sort of Track Overview at the top? I don't know how exactly to describe it, but think about the Outlines of the Track with all the Drivers on it, names & flags scrolling at the bottom, that kind of thing.

Has anybody tried their software? I can connect to the PS5/GT7, using the "GT/Simulator Driver" but "ACSIM Control v.8.1.3.0" fails to go beyond Step 3 Port Open ... keeps searching TCP port. I've opened up TCP/UDP 33339-33340 but nothing.

edit: I think my switch setup is wrong. Will try later

Last edited:
Has anybody tried their software? I can connect to the PS5/GT7, using the "GT/Simulator Driver" but "ACSIM Control v.8.1.3.0" fails to go beyond Step 3 Port Open ... keeps searching TCP port. I've opened up TCP/UDP 33339-33340 but nothing.

edit: I think my switch setup is wrong. Will try later
Seems you have the same issue as poupoum, but I can't manage to find GT/Simulator Driver

One of the main reasons I don't have a motion sim rig is they don't work on consoles. If I were to plop down that kind of cash, I'd need zero restrictions (PC and PS racing games) to justify the cost. If its possible for Access to do it, maybe others can reverse engineer and make their own...one thats got a smaller footprint hopefully.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back