GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

In the trailer, the in car driving at Trial Mountain, watch the hud display, specifically the tyre indicators.

The tyre temp is fluctuating pretty rapidly, to me that indicates a fairly significant change in the games physics / mechanics.
That's very good, it is one very important thing that GTS lacked.
On the other hand, it is completely normal that GT7 physics (at least in this beta stage) may appear similar to GT Sport... No *** sherlock, GT7 comes right after sport, its obvious they will be somewhat similar... This happens all the time with predecessors and successors...

I agree. It really did just look like GT: S with better graphics.
That's ok as a launch window title, though. But I expect some actually mechanical growth, down the line. FOV slider and helmet cam movements. That and really A.I. improvemts.

Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer",
Yo2O8Y5.jpg

jnaNLl9.jpg

nWalmg5.jpg

NZPvnGF.jpg

Yeah, you clearly don’t know the history of GT sales or their timeline within console iterations.
Gran Turismo 1: 10.85 million
Gran Turismo 2: 9.37 million
Gran Turismo 3: 14.89 million
Gran Turismo 4: 11.76 million
Gran Turismo 5: 11.95 million
Gran Turismo 6: 5.22 million
Gran Turismo Sport: 8 million

Total sales for the main series: 72.04 million. And that's not counting any of the secondary games, such as the Prologues or Tourist Trophy, which combined put the series over 80 million sales.

I think it's safe to say GT7 will be pretty successful sales-wise based on evidence.

Gran Turismo 1: 10.85 million
Gran Turismo 2: 9.37 million
Gran Turismo 3: 14.89 million
Gran Turismo 4: 11.76 million
Gran Turismo 5: 11.95 million
Gran Turismo 6: 5.22 million
Gran Turismo Sport: 8 million

Total sales for the main series: 72.04 million. And that's not counting any of the secondary games, such as the Prologues or Tourist Trophy, which combined put the series over 80 million sales.

I think it's safe to say GT7 will be pretty successful sales-wise based on evidence.

Did all that homework, yet still missed the point of the assignment. Not surprised, I see a lot of that sort of thing around here.

First off, I want to start with the biggest glaring issue that I have seen from this trailer. I will add more posts but I wanted to start off with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.

The big red flag that GT7 is just a continuation of GT Sport and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series.
So it has the same named mode, so what. Was Arcade mode in GT1 the same as in GT2 and the same as GT3 and GT4 etc? No, the mode having the same name as the equivilent mode in GT Sport means nothing beyond GT7 will have an equivilent mode.

The implications of this are pretty glaring for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration, we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.
That's a huge stretch, just beucase the mode is named the same so it the physical engine. Now the chances are the physics engine is a development of GT Sports, but it's almost certain that it won't be the same. We can already see the tyre temps reacting differently and that's just in the first in game clip shown.

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.
Yes and so what if GT7 picks up the mantle from GT Sport? Are you suggesting GT Sport will continue to be the main game for the FIA races (assuming the FIA partnership remains in place) after GT7 launches? Would it not make more sense that GT7 will pick up that place? Alternatively is it within the realm of possability that if PD wanted to continue supporting GT Sport in this way they might have different online races taking place in GT Sport for people to enjoy.

What does this mean?
  • GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same.
  • I don't see a single ounce of sense in this statement, so GT7 will have cars and tracks not availalbe in GT Sport, but the races will be the same in both games??? Are you suggesting the extra cars and tracks in GT7 will be made availalbe in GT Sport?

[*]GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
    It's already evident they are likely not the exact same based on how the tyre temps are changing in the GT7 clip compared to in GT Sport.

[*]GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
    Proof please?
Another dead giveaway:

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder. Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.
Loads of games use the term "multiplayer" oh but that's right, after being disproven you now believe no sims use the term "multiplayer", but even that's not true:

upload_2020-6-12_20-52-8.png

Whatever this mode is called or ends up being called should it actually be changed des not prove aynthing anyway other than it's where you will race other people, online.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.
I doubt that, GT7 will likey take over hosting the Sport made races. It's likely GT Sport will continue to have it's own races for a while after GT7's realease, but whether they are conneted to any major competitions is unknown. Another possability is GT Sport will hostthe official competition for a period after GT7's launch and then the baton will be handed to GT7 and it will be patched in and GT Sport will cease to play that role. What is obviouse given GT7 does not appear to use the exact same physics as GT Sport, has more cars and tracks than GT Sport, I cannot see how the two games will combine together online.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?

I'll add some more contentious points from the trailer in subsequent posts.
Because GT Sport will likely be scaled back and the FIA competition side likely ended altogether on or shortly after GT7's release.

I would say, you'll likely feel like a numpty when GT7 comes out, but you won't becuase you're just trolling these forums. Loads of your points have been disproven or challenged and when they are you can never prove your point, you just say "it says so on the interweb check yourself" or some other equally banal response.

No, I don’t think that it will be scaled back. I think GTS will continue the tournament beyond the release of GT7

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit concerning that the 917 is racing an imitation GT3 car, that could be PD reverting to bad habits.
It's difficult to compare the two, modern race cars are substantially faster round tracks that old models in general. I recall an old Top Gear episode comparing old race cars to modern cars and it was surprising intially what beat what.

You would be unlikely to ever see a modern GT3 car race against a 917 which in real life which makes a comparison harder. But comparing old lap times is really difficult beucase the 917/10 (which was a faster car than the 917 we've seen in GT7) lapped the Nordschleife in 7:23.8 in 1972. Modern GT cars tend to do it in around the 8 mnute mark but that includes the combined Nordschelife and Nurburgring layout. THe two layouts aren't comparable.

Le Mans is the same, the layout back then didn't have the chicanes to slow the cars down on the Mulsanne straight.

So could a modern GT3 car keep up with a 917? I don't know, but it's probably not as clear cut an answer as people might assume. I imagine the track might actually swing it one way or another, a tight twisty track could probably favour a modern GT3 car. But that really is guesswork.

EDIT: Interestingly a 917 racing for John Wyer Automotive Engineering in 1970 ran a qualifying lap of 1 min 30 at Brands Hatch GP. The Mercedes-AMG GT3 ran a 1 min 24 in the Blancplain GT at the same circuit, same layout in 2019. Obviousely the circuit has been updated in places, run off areas updated etc Albeit the layout does remain much the same. But it goes to show, it's not as clear as day that a 917 would beat a modern GT3 car.

Last edited:
Not sure if mixing car classes is a bad thing to begin with. If it means a grid of relatively similarly performing cars in something like the Dream Car Cup of old, I'm all for it.

Of course there will be people who complain about it, because they'd prefer a race with only the historic cars. Unfortunately there aren't enough car models (in the world, not just in the game) to fill a 16/20 car grid really properly without a) using four or five of the same model, b) resorting to cars from slightly different eras or rule sets (such as the 60s classics against the 917) and/or c) using slower sports cars (Alfa TZ2, Daytona Coupe etc.) as filler, and all of those will probably also result in complaining because it ends up being either practically a one-make race or a rabbit chase.

Personally I like the mix Gran Turismo always gave us. You can still have historical GT class specific events and modern GT car events, but if the cars are competetive, why not mix and match in other races. A variety of different types of races, some with more restrictions and some with less is welcome to me.

No, I don’t think that it will be scaled back. I think GTS will continue the tournament beyond the release of GT7
If your argument that it's a minor upgrade is based on limited graphical improvements, then you haven't been paying attention, and besides that, GT Sport already set a pretty high standard.

If it's based on the perception of an unchanged physics engine, then you can't even pretend to know what it's like, given we are 24 hours into knowing Gran Turismo 7 even existed.

If it's based on similarly sounding sub categories on the menu, then you've been thoroughly schooled already on how baseless that is by better men than me.

There's not really much left to discuss here, but I'm enjoying you hurling abuse at others for debunking your 'facts' while the mods polish their banhammers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the trailer more closely, for what been shown in it, my impression that GT7 is a full blown GT game based in GT Sport. Which it's not bad IMO. It could even be launched in PS4, but after GT6, I think doing it for PS5 is the right choice. In PS5 we can have native 4k, better lighting, more effects, and so on...

I think the key question is, "when it is planned to be released?". Depending on that, GT7 will be polished and more features can be in it at launch. This way, perhaps we can obtain better shadows, for example (clearly reminiscent of the GT Sport, so far) and many other improvements.

In the end, I think the trailer showed us a solid base, but not definitive view of what GT7 can be. This way, in order to give us better impressions, I really wish to see in a near future a better presentation, with more details about features cited, but not detailed.

Except the fact that we've all seen the trailer and have seen the footage.

GT 7 will be a continuation of GT Sport, GTS is in GT 7.

I will wager you $100 *right now* that GT Sport and GT 7 will be racing on the same exact servers, cross platform, in the same exact races.
Bet.

Literally everywhere in that video.
When they showed the actual gameplay it looked exactly the same as gts with some nicer reflections, heck even the hud, the horrible hand grip on the wheel and the super delayed wheel animation when playing it with a pad were the exactly the same as on GTS...

Back