GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

And it's simply a guess. As is everyone else's.

That being said, there was no more GT Academy after GT Sport was created. Things move on. You can't hold out for older generation consoles indefinitely. I believe there is far more evidence that, given the age of GT Sport, that PD would easily move on to the next game when it releases. Likely by skipping a year of the tournament and hosting "Prologue" seasons like it has in the past to iron out the Sport Mode.

I just don't think they are going to slow the tournament down at all, its HUGE right now, and it's getting a lot of praise.

That is what separates GT7 and GT Sport from its predecessors, there has never been a real life tournament league before GT Sport and I think that is why this is going to be more of an evolution than revolution.

I just don't think that PD is going to drop GT Sport from the tournament, I don't see it happening at all for awhile. I think GT7 and GT Sport will run concurrently in the world tournament.

I just don't think they are going to slow the tournament down at all, its HUGE right now, and it's getting a lot of praise.

That is what separates GT7 and GT Sport from its predecessors, there has never been a real life tournament league before GT Sport and I think that is why this is going to be more of an evolution than revolution.

I just don't think that PD is going to drop GT Sport from the tournament, I don't see it happening at all for awhile. I think GT7 and GT Sport will run concurrently in the world tournament.

So you're suggesting that GT Sport players will get content from GT7? Explain the new cars and tracks.

So, by your logic, PD is going to intentionally nerf GT7 by limiting it to GT Sport's physics, just so they can continue to run a tournament?

I'm going to go with a hard no on that one.

So you're suggesting that GT Sport players will get content from GT7? Explain the new cars and tracks.

Online league racing is limited to GT4 to Gr1 BoP cars, and the tracks are limited to only certain tracks on GT Sport. GT7 has the same tracks that the online league already uses, and I could see PD updating GT Sport with new cup and group cars that would be in the same classes.

Honestly, I would like to get more information about the game engine, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Really, what I think is, that GT7 is based off the core engine in GT Sport and that the only improvements to GT 7 are all esthetic. I think GT7 has the exact same core engine.

Online league racing is limited to GT4 to Gr1 BoP cars, and the tracks are limited to only certain tracks on GT Sport.

Incorrect. We literally just had races with the 86/BRZ, and we're running the Fugu Z this week. Later this month is the Pagani Zonda R and F1500T.

And 90% of the tracks in GT Sport are used in Sport Mode.

Incorrect. We literally just had races with the 86/BRZ, and we're running the Fugu Z this week. Later this month is the Pagani Zonda R and F1500T.

And 90% of the tracks in GT Sport are used in Sport Mode.

I mentioned the one off race A cars previously, I guess you missed that.

Regarding the tracks, why is everyone complaining about the same tracks over and over again?

Ill be honest i can not wait to get my hands on the game, ive been a player since gt1. lately ive been making amature you tube videos like these ones and have just found that the game it self really holds up well in my opinion. if it gt7 comes out at midnight ill probly be there for it has a world wide release date that will be awesome

Because some tracks are more common than others.

The only tracks not used in Sport Mode are the rally circuits, Northern Isle, and BB Speedway.

Mostly, there are some alternative track layouts that aren't used either.

I think its very much a possibility that for the time being the tournament keeps the same tracks as in GT Sport.

I know PD make a lot of strange moves, but having online tournaments run on a PS5 game and be restricted to using tracks only available in the PS4 game released 3-4 years earlier to ensure they can play as well is something I do not see them doing at all.

Heck, other developers don't even do that when they release paid DLC content on the same game, they still use the DLC in online tournaments. If you want to join them, you need to buy the DLC.

Same is going to be the case here. If you want to join the new Sport championships you'll need the latest game.

I know PD make a lot of strange moves, but having online tournaments run on a PS5 game and be restricted to using tracks only available in the PS4 game released 3-4 years earlier to ensure they can play as well is something I do not see them doing at all.

Heck, other developers don't even do that when they release paid DLC content on the same game, they still use the DLC in online tournaments. If you want to join them, you need to buy the DLC.

Same is going to be the case here. If you want to join the new Sport championships you'll need the latest game.

Yeah no. World Tournament isn't going to stop to let everyone go out and buy a $600 PS5 and another $80 for the game to be in the league.

This isn't like it used to be. Things have changed.

I'll make my own totally unnecessary additional GT7 release thread, with a complete shameless bait of a title, so I can sit back and call people pathetic for raising eyebrows at my completely unfounded speculation.

I'm willing to take a warning for calling you a prick.

Don't talk out of your backside and get mad when people don't like the smell.

The idea PD wouldn't run their headliner world tour tournaments on their new game because maybe not so many players have bought the PS5 yet is dumb. PD will promote the product they intend to sell, and every serious GT player - i.e those quick enough to make World Tour in the first place - will buy GT7 the moment it comes out.

Quit digging your heels in the mud over something that doesn't matter and there isn't a shred of evidence for.

I'll make my own totally unnecessary additional GT7 release thread, with a complete shameless bait of a title, so I can sit back and call people pathetic for raising eyebrows at my completely unfounded speculation.

I'm willing to take a warning for calling you a prick.

Don't talk out of your backside and get mad when people don't like the smell.

The idea PD wouldn't run their headliner world tour tournaments on their new game because maybe not so many players have bought the PS5 yet is dumb. PD will promote the product they intend to sell, and every serious GT player - i.e those quick enough to make World Tour in the first place - will buy GT7 the moment it comes out.

Quit digging your heels in the mud over something that doesn't matter and there isn't a shred of evidence for.

*yawn*

Yeah no. World Tournament isn't going to stop to let everyone go out and buy a $600 PS5 and another $80 for the game to be in the league.

This isn't like it used to be. Things have changed.

Oh right, you know the price of the PS5 and games now. Good stuff. Companies force upgrades all across multiple industries.

Besides, this "world tournament" isn't as popular as you keep making out in terms of playing.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio

93% of GTS players have done 10 or less races in Sport Mode in total. 82% have done zero.

You might argue the world finals that are broadcast on YouTube are popular for viewers but that has zero bearing on which console they're using.

Oh right, you know the price of the PS5 and games now. Good stuff. Companies force upgrades all across multiple industries.

Besides, this "world tournament" isn't as popular as you keep making out in terms of playing.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=sport_play_ratio

93% of GTS players have done 10 or less races in Sport Mode in total. 82% have done zero.

You might argue the world finals that are broadcast on YouTube are popular for viewers but that has zero bearing on which console they're using.

WTF, its just a guess. You people get so riled up about insignificant crap. I'm starting to wonder about the state of sanity around here.

You're leaping between three threads only trying to trigger as many people as possible and it's not going to end very well for you. There is at least one of you any time something like this trailer comes out.

I can't imagine having as little foresight as it must have taken to think you wouldn't get shot down at every turn talking the way you are to people.

You're leaping between three threads only trying to trigger as many people as possible and it's not going to end very well for you. There is at least one of you any time something like this trailer comes out.

I can't imagine having as little foresight as it must have taken to think you wouldn't get shot down at every turn talking the way you are to people.

Yeah, cute coming from someone who outright introduced yourself by calling me a prick.

I love that you've come up with all this stuff and its making you mad. Its a bit like hitting yourself with a baseball bat and then getting angry it hurt.

Anyway, do carry on, its all rather entertaining.

I know it's annoying when a plan falls apart. We aren't buying what you're selling around here (unfounded speculation). Take it to the YouTube comments or one of many other places with far lower standards.

You're on the one forum that is going to analyse and dissect this trailer more than anyone, and has already spent all night doing so. We had identified Trial Mountain, the PP system, Daytona, the 917 and Carrera GT before the stream had even ended.

I don't exactly know what compelled you to think you could walk in here with your completely baseless speculation that the online mode will be somehow cross compatible with a previous generation game that doesn't have the same tracks or cars in it, purely because a button on the menu has the same name as a button on the GTS menu, as if that's some amazing revelation of a connection that nobody else has spotted.

It isn't, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest anything you're saying is even remotely true. You're wasting your time on this troll job.

I know it's annoying when a plan falls apart. We aren't buying what you're selling around here (unfounded speculation). Take it to the YouTube comments or one of many other places with far lower standards.

You're on the one forum that is going to analyse and dissect this trailer more than anyone, and has already spent all night doing so. We had identified Trial Mountain, the PP system, Daytona, the 917 and Carrera GT before the stream had even ended.

I don't exactly know what compelled you to think you could walk in here with your completely baseless speculation that the online mode will be somehow cross compatible with a previous generation game that doesn't have the same tracks or cars in it, purely because a button on the menu has the same name as a button on the GTS menu, as if that's some amazing revelation of a connection that nobody else has spotted.

It isn't, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest anything you're saying is even remotely true. You're wasting your time on this troll job.

Yeah, except the fact that GT7 is using the same GT Sport physics engine and model.

So yeah, that part kind lends credence to the idea that this is just GT Sport+. So you think its trolling, fine get mad about it.

Sorry that you missed to much during the trailer, maybe you should go rewatch the in-game footage.

Yeah, except the fact that GT7 is using the same GT Sport physics engine and model.

So yeah, that part kind lends credence to the idea that this is just GT Sport+. So you think its trolling, fine get mad about it.

Sorry that you missed to much during the trailer, maybe you should go rewatch the in-game footage.
Oh boy, I bet you had fun imagining how I'd respond to this one.

WTF, its just a guess. You people get so riled up about insignificant crap. I'm starting to wonder about the state of sanity around here.

It’s very far fetched conclusions to be drawn from a word in the menu. It could mean that GT7 will have a Sport mode, but it could also mean that they are showing videos from the GT Sport tournament or that the word Sport is a mistake or a placeholder. All of these are equally likely at this point, because we have no information about it.

And if GT7 will have a Sport mode, then it could either, as you suggest, be done in cross play with GT Sport, which would most likely mean that at least the Sport mode between both games would have the same cars, tracks and physics. But it could also be done in parallel, with one tournament for GT7 players and another for GT Sport players. A third possibility is that GT7 replaces GT Sport.

So your theory is just one of many possibilities.

Except you post a whole load of negativity about the game, which ranges from subjective opinion presented as fact to simply out and out lies, then reply aggressively to anyone who doesn't agree with you across 4 pages, but you're not mad ?

This just gets better.

Negativity is what the trailer deserved. It was a let down.

I get a bunch of people overreacting to what I have pointed out, and people like yourself think it's aggression when I don't agree with them. It's a futile effort.

Back