GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

GT Sport has some great things and its logical that they maintain some of them.
Other than that, its all speculation from your part and I dont know what would you expect from a game like Gran Turismo and what would you like it to be. No idea...
People who complain about "being the same" maybe they just dont like this kind of games and they should try looking for something else.
Being that negative about a game that still has not came out makes ZERO sense and you seem to be a really bitter, negative and depressing person, not to say another thing...

Last edited:
Every FPS is "multiplayer" that is the naming convention for the genre. Never seen a Sim use it though. But great job trying.

Lets just start with the menu and the big ticket items shown.

GT World
GT Cafe
GT Auto
Multiplayer

Yeah... A+ bud.

"GT Sport Live" is in both games.

They are and will be the exact same.

It's not rocket science

meh, yeah definitely has that "real racing" feeling /s

You really need me to spell that out for you?

I feel like I'm talking to a bunch of children.

This forum is useless.

Ha, yeah sure bud. If you can't understand that, I don't think it's about what I typed and more about your lack of comprehension.

I'm not mad at all, lol!

If this is the way you were taught to reason your arguments and get your points across, you were taught wrong.

If, as is obviously the case, you're enjoying everybody getting angry at you, for you calling them pathetic when most people have presented perfectly reasonable cases as to why you are clearly talking out of the wrong opening, I suggest you go and do it on YouTube or somewhere else that kind of stuff belongs, before you get yourself a ban.

I am just a very sarcastic person, regardless of what you think.
Then you should be prepared for people to take issue with that. If you've been this much of a sarcy prick your whole life, I doubt you've never run into this problem before where nobody wants to hear a word you have to say because you're not showing them any respect or courtesy.

For the record, I'm a sarcy prick too, and that's why I can see through you like clingfilm.

Then you should be prepared for people to take issue with that. If you've been this much of a sarcy prick your whole life, I doubt you've never run into this problem before where nobody wants to hear a word you have to say because you're not showing them any respect or courtesy.

For the record, I'm a sarcy prick too, and that's why I can see through you like clingfilm.

Fair enough

Fair enough

I get what you mean. Gt7 its nice to see it announce but it did not wow me due to the gt sport gameplay.

I need to be wowed before I fork into another game and a console with it too.

The hand movements and the sense of speed is off. They need to improved along with the hud.

@pwningstone
Dude it’s pretty obvious Multiplayer is either offline local multiplayer or non GT Sport mode online play.

Yeah, I don't think so, but you're welcome to make any assumptions as well.

I think the GT Cafe is going to be the online lobby hangout and traditionally, head to head racing is done from an arcade mode menu.

I still think multiplayer is just a place holder for something else, I really don't think it will be in the final game, but I who knows. I could be wrong.

So you have spent the last 7 hours throwing wild speculation over a three minute long teaser trailer and gone so far as to insult anyone else who disagrees with you. It says a lot when even the members here that are skeptical of the GT series as of late disagree with your logic.
If this is what is to be expected from you every time PD release more details then be prepared for more of the same responses really

Well this was quite the thread to wake up to and read through.

@pwningstone The problem I have (and I guess others do), is that you are presenting opinions as facts. For example:

Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

When it was pointed out that CoD uses that term, that didn't count because it's an FPS. When it was pointed out that F1 2019 uses that term, that didn't count because it's "made by idiots".

So how about ACC?
acc.jpg

Or Raceroom?
raceroom.jpg

Or Forza 7?
fm7.jpg

I'm guessing that you'll have reasons why none of these count either. But you seem to be hinging sweeping assumptions on "facts" that you've made up.

For the argument that GT7 uses the same engine as GT Sport, I would just like to point out that GTA V uses the same engine as Midtown Madness (1999) (albeit an evolution with 20 years of work put into it).
Just because a game uses the same core engine as another game, it does not mean the games are pretty much the same, or only a minor evolution.

For the argument that GT7 uses the same engine as GT Sport, I would just like to point out that GTA V uses the same engine as Midtown Madness (1999) (albeit an evolution with 20 years of work put into it).
Just because a game uses the same core engine as another game, it does not mean the games are pretty much the same, or only a minor evolution.
To add an example to this; both ARK Survival Evolved and Conan Exiles are made on Unreal 4 engine. Both survival/crafting/building games. Worlds apart in quality and stability, ARK is a broken mess that crashes when it tries to render fog, and Conan happily loads ridiculous 1000 block castles without so much as a chug.

It isn't the size, it's what you do with it...

First off, I want to start with the biggest glaring issue that I have seen from this trailer. I will add more posts but I wanted to start off with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.

The big red flag that GT7 is just a continuation of GT Sport and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series. The implications of this are pretty glaring for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration, we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.

Bm1fXPB.png

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.

What does this mean?
  • GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same.
  • GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
  • GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
Another dead giveaway:

KzwqZko.png

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder. Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?

I'll add some more contentious points from the trailer in subsequent posts.
"SAME EXACT PHYSICS!"
Firstly... you are wrong wrong wrong wrong. About your multiplayer theory.
Why? Well... the fact that they showed Trial Mountain..and thats not in GT Sport. They will never seperate playerbase with tracks between two games. Crossplay needs the content to be identical, even server side.

Secondly....YOU are very wrong about the physics.
Why? We are getting dynamic time again, and weather too. Hence the clouds/lighting used in trailer. That will include rain and the lilkihood of them not editing rain driving, for example, is impossible. I think your entire thread title, then rambling as to your interpretation is very disingenuous to this thread. Especially because what you've stated is speculation, but worded it as all but fact.

Except the fact that we've all seen the trailer and have seen the footage.

GT 7 will be a continuation of GT Sport, GTS is in GT 7.

I will wager you $100 *right now* that GT Sport and GT 7 will be racing on the same exact servers, cross platform, in the same exact races.
I take that bet. Who will be the escrow?

So you have spent the last 7 hours throwing wild speculation over a three minute long teaser trailer and gone so far as to insult anyone else who disagrees with you. It says a lot when even the members here that are skeptical of the GT series as of late disagree with your logic.
If this is what is to be expected from you every time PD release more details then be prepared for more of the same responses really

Thats funny.

You mentioned two **** games, and ACC.

What about iRacing? PC2? Dirt 2.0? rF2?

Thats funny.

Arrrgh, you mentioned these games that do, which totally invalidate my point that no games do!

How about these few games that don't? That goes back to meaning ALL games don't!

"SAME EXACT PHYSICS!"
Firstly... you are wrong wrong wrong wrong. About your multiplayer theory.
Why? Well... the fact that they showed Trial Mountain..and thats not in GT Sport. They will never seperate playerbase with tracks between two games. Crossplay needs the content to be identical, even server side.

Why? We are getting dynamic time again, and weather too. Hence the clouds/lighting used in trailer. That will include rain and the lilkihood of them not editing rain driving, for example, is impossible. I think your entire thread title, then rambling as to your interpretation is very disingenuous to this thread. Especially because what you've stated is speculation, but worded it as all but fact.

You are completely out of touch and don't even have a clue about what I have already stated. It's like reading someone who walks into conversation that just wrapped up asking about what's going on. Either you read the thread, or don't chime in at all.

No offence but you're reaching as much as OP here. Them showing moving clouds in a rendered trailer is not evidence or confirmation of dynamic time and weather.

No offence but you're reaching as much as OP here. Them showing moving clouds in a rendered trailer is not evidence or confirmation of dynamic time and weather.
thats bot the point Im making. I'm saying that all speculations are vaild, but OP clearly doesn't believe so.

You are completely out of touch and don't even have a clue about what I have already stated. It's like reading someone who walks into conversation that just wrapped up asking about what's going on. Either you read the thread, or don't chime in at all.
OP.. the only thing thats evident is you seem to believe your speculation is the only valid speculation. In a speculation thread, or is this a speculation thread? If you're an insider and saying things as definitive, please do tell us.
But you're either an insider with definitive information.. or you're guessing like the rest of us.

Thats funny.

I'm guessing you meant to reply to my post. In answer to your question, here is your quote again with a key word highlighted for you.

Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

So not any apart from 5 examples shown. Grid uses that term too but I'm sure that doesn't count either for whatever reason.

Oh and PC2? It definitely does use the term "multiplayer" so let's also discount that one.

pc2.jpg

thats bot the point Im making. I'm saying that all speculations are vaild, but OP clearly doesn't believe so.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say anyone here isn't free to conjecture. Asinine.

You saying that I can't watch in-game footage and not tell that its GT Sport physics and yeah, we got a problem. Evidently, there are some people here that are incapable of being able to extrapolate what their eyes and ears tell them from what they can understand. It's evidently a thing here.

wait so GT7 is just GT Sport, but GT Sport was just a stripped down multiplayer focused GT6, but GT6 was just GT5 spec 3.0...

thats how franchises work, if it was something completely different, it woudnt make sense. Why wouldnt they use same everything and just upgrade on that. GT Sport is a good name that people know, why wouldnt they keep it for esports stuff in GT7. Doesnt mean that it will be same, or that both will be used at same time. GT Sport will be used for 2020 and probably 2021 as GT7 wont launch soon. Then they will probably switch to GT7 then. Wouldnt make sense not to showcase all the new content that will be available in GT7.

Regardless of whether you agree with me about the trailer, I think we can all agree that if we just get the same engine with the same physics models its going to be a let down.

Back