GT7 load and function speed on PS4

• Thread starter eatighe
  • 3 comments
Can anyone hazard a guess as to the likely relative speed of GT7 on PS4, disc vs download? Waiting for discs from Amazon but wonder if download is the better way to go, sorry if this has been addressed already. Thanks

Can anyone hazard a guess as to the likely relative speed of GT7 on PS4, disc vs download? Waiting for discs from Amazon but wonder if download is the better way to go, sorry if this has been addressed already. Thanks
Doesn't make a difference.

As long as your PS4's Blu-Ray drive is in good condition there shouldn't be much if any discernable difference. I would expect most of the games content and assets will be downloaded to the HDD from the disc regardless and the disc will act more as a license to launch the content meaning the PS4 won't need to be pulling all of the data from it. I'm sure it will have to pull some, but I would be surprised if disc users experienced notable differences, for better or worse, in loading times.

The game will install from the discs to the HDD / SSD inside your console but you will need the disc in the console to play. Its a form of DRM to make sure you own the game. It will load just as fast no matter what version you buy

Last edited:
Back