GT7 May 2024 update predictions!

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 162 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick reminder.

Predictions for a supposed May 2024 update: this thread.
Wishlists: not this thread, but that one:

Yeah I couldn’t see PD reusing the old assests when they’ve gone through the process of detailing the revised layouts.

Out of curiosity I typed Seattle street circuit and this came up as one of many links:
View attachment 1356350

Could pass for a driving park/Motorland variation.
This track only has the facilities to host NHRA drag racing, the circuit is primarily used for track days. It’d be very odd if this was a track PD went about modeling. I’ve spoken to a few local people involved in Motorsports and some has said they’re looking into a way to make it FIA grade 2 (but no timeline), and potentially host GT4, Ferrari Challenge, Super Trofeo, or maybe IMSA in Washington State, but if it were making any progress my car club would be losing their minds.

Here’s what the track looks like:

It’s also around 90 minutes away from where the GT Seattle Circuit would be, and not in Seattle. I don’t think it’s even the largest track in the state anymore, there’s also The Ridge, which is a club circuit, and Circuit of the Northwest, which is grade 2 and apparently finished construction around 1.5-2 years ago, but seemingly has no media or records if it being used. I don’t think it’s likely PD is touching any real world track in Washington State, even with the old school Seattle connection.

I am curious why there’s a few scapes in Seattle but they’re such nonchalant areas compared to what you could capture in the area. It almost seems like they’re holding back some areas due to trying to scan Seattle for a track, but to this day no new street circuit variant has been added to the franchise in at least 10 years, perhaps due to the stated detail required on modern hardware? N Northlake way is a nothingburger road and the scape on the street is even more so. Gasworks makes sense as a popular spot near U district, and Yesler is a callback to one of the roads on the track (but the scape isn’t on a section from the circuit) but also doesn’t get a great angle of the city looking north up I5. Cherry blossoms on UW’s campus, Alki Beach and West Seattle shipping yards, downtown i5 interchanges, waterfront, Le May auto museum, Museum of Flight, either Boeing campus, countless areas and plazas in Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond, scenic stretches of highway ~50 miles north and south of Seattle on i5 and east on i90 - I’m very surprised the five in game are all we have given we the had a Scapes guy out here.

I can say endless theories on Seattle’s return to the franchise, but really the lack of street circuits is probably the biggest proponent to it not being here. The next hurdle is that the waterfront is under heavy construction for new pedestrian areas and the north section of track by the waterfront may be interrupted by a new raised median that makes the boulevard too skinny.

Either way, I don’t think Seattle is likely to be the first even if street circuits are back on the cards.

Reactions: kjb
This track only has the facilities to host NHRA drag racing, the circuit is primarily used for track days. It’d be very odd if this was a track PD went about modeling. I’ve spoken to a few local people involved in Motorsports and some has said they’re looking into a way to make it FIA grade 2 (but no timeline), and potentially host GT4, Ferrari Challenge, Super Trofeo, or maybe IMSA in Washington State, but if it were making any progress my car club would be losing their minds.

It’s also around 90 minutes away from where the GT Seattle Circuit would be, and not in Seattle. I don’t think it’s even the largest track in the state anymore, there’s also The Ridge, which is a club circuit, and Circuit of the Northwest, which is grade 2 and apparently finished construction around 1.5-2 years ago, but seemingly has no media or records if it being used. I don’t think it’s likely PD is touching any real world track in Washington State, even with the old school Seattle connection.

I am curious why there’s a few scapes in Seattle but they’re such nonchalant areas compared to what you could capture in the area. It almost seems like they’re holding back some areas due to trying to scan Seattle for a track, but to this day no new street circuit variant has been added to the franchise in at least 10 years, perhaps due to the stated detail required on modern hardware? N Northlake way is a nothingburger road and the scape on the street is even more so. Gasworks makes sense as a popular spot near U district, and Yesler is a callback to one of the roads on the track (but the scape isn’t on a section from the circuit) but also doesn’t get a great angle of the city looking north up I5. Cherry blossoms on UW’s campus, Alki Beach and West Seattle shipping yards, downtown i5 interchanges, waterfront, Le May auto museum, Museum of Flight, either Boeing campus, countless areas and plazas in Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond, scenic stretches of highway ~50 miles north and south of Seattle on i5 and east on i90 - I’m very surprised the five in game are all we have given we the had a Scapes guy out here.

I can say endless theories on Seattle’s return to the franchise, but really the lack of street circuits is probably the biggest proponent to it not being here. The next hurdle is that the waterfront is under heavy construction for new pedestrian areas and the north section of track by the waterfront may be interrupted by a new raised median that makes the boulevard too skinny.

Either way, I don’t think Seattle is likely to be the first even if street circuits are back on the cards.

Even though the driving park circuit is more Tsukuba in layout than the one above, in the game it relates more to the real world Pacific Raceways circuit. Especially the atmosphere.

Club style circuits were a good part of the franchise. I guess since there aren’t many low performance cars in the game to warrant the continuation of those original circuits, PD hasn’t bothered revisiting them.

PD could use the "limit" functions like max horse power, minimal weight etc to utilize a ton of "street" cars ._.
Whatever logic you have you need to think the opposite with PD. Imean, we can use a Group C car at Northern Isle and Miyabi. I won’t ever know PD’s logic in the franchise. I’ll derail no further. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kjb
Based on what? It has not even won Le Mans - at least not yet.
Who can say with any certainty when a car is arriving before we have official confirmation.

With that said the 963 is now arriving in most major sims and is one of the most highly requested race cars in GT7.

The Porsche VGT is clearly influenced by the design direction we later saw in the 963 and PD have a strong relationship with the brand.

Oh, and Gran Turismo has featured every major factory Le Mans prototype since the mid 2000's.
do you really think new lmh car will come? I highly doubt...at least for gt7...gr010 is still "race one special car" don't believe they would make 2
The GR010 made it's race debut in March '21, it hit GT7 in May '22 - perhaps PD also had early access to CAD data to speed up the process.

The 9X8 hit the track in July '22.

Hypercars like the 963, 499P, M Hybrid, V-Series.R only made their debut in early '23.

Assuming these cars take 1 year or more to research and model to GT's standards, we have only recently reached the timeframe when these cars are realistic DLC candidates for GT7. That's assuming PD aren't holding onto them, be it for a potential Spec III or GT8.

Last edited:

I live very close and have raced on that track. I think it's highly, highly, highly unlikely it will ever be in GT or any other racing game as default content. It only added barriers around the whole track last year! It is fun to drive for sure, but with all the well-known tracks still yet to be added, it would be a complete waste of their limited resources.
The Ridge is also a fun track, but not that bigger and more used by motorcycles. Circuit of the Northwest has been in perpetual limbo for years and I think is still theoretically under construction and more realistically waiting for funding.

Well, members need to get to voting. There are only eight votes in both suggestions since game debut.

In regards to the GR010, PD have since added the 2023 livery and the 2024 livery will be available after GR GT Cup 2024 completion.

I guess I should actually have a go at predictions. I'm going to be slightly optimistic, and let's go with:

• Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
  • Three cars: the Mine's R34 GT-R*, an NB MX-5, and a road Skoda of some flavour
  • Black GR livery for the GR010, 86 Gr.4 and Supra Racing Concept (I think these get added to the game before the free GR010 is handed out; since Le Mans is close, why not now)
  • Five new events (three at Montreal, and then 2 elsewhere for the new menu). One new Bonus Menu - for MX-5s to go with the NB.
  • One new extra menu. Let's say the three Audi TT models, though this is really just a complete guess.
  • The usual five engine swaps.
  • Maybe they've finished Fullforce support for that new wheel? But other than that no new features.
*yes, I will keep predicting this every month until they add a second R34 of some kind to complete the GT-R line symmetry.

In regards to the GR010, PD have since added the 2023 livery and the 2024 livery will be available after GR GT Cup 2024 completion.
Which is another indication PD are absolutely upto speed with the latest developments in Hypercar.

A lack of information doesn’t mean something isn’t in the works. Likewise current DLC content is no indication of what PD are working on today. For all we know DLC content could have been wrapped up long ago. With the studio currently working on more recent road and race cars.

If and when they do add the Porsche 963 though, I can expect a ton of livery variations, such as Porsche Penske Motorsports (likely the the IMSA version), FIA WEC Butterfly, Hertz Team Jota, Proton Competition... the list goes on.

Polyphony need to add more livery variations to new and existing race cars.

Last edited:
If and when they do add the Porsche 963 though, I can expect a ton of livery variations, such as Porsche Penske Motorsports (likely the the IMSA version), FIA WEC Butterfly, Hertz Team Jota, Proton Competition... the list goes on.

Polyphony need to add more livery variations to new and existing race cars.
It’s way too odd how PD work. They slap on stickers for the Superbirds, but couldn’t/didn’t/wouldn’t for many race cars.

And yeah, any new Hypercars are easily possible in future updates or GT8, as it's more of a manufacturer licensing thing rather than Motorsport Games. Lately, Real Racing 3 got the Ferrari 499P, although I could be wrong as mobile game licensing is somewhat different than console and PC.

And yeah, any new Hypercars are easily possible in future updates or GT8, as it's more of a manufacturer licensing thing rather than Motorsport Games. Lately, Real Racing 3 got the Ferrari 499P, although I could be wrong as mobile game licensing is somewhat different than console and PC.
yea mobile games are a different beast and these vehicles are locked behind a paywall too

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SBX
4 Cars
4 Races
4 Scapes
4za Motorsport is doing it better(with the Updates)
content wise I would agree...model details big No/no
(at least from what I have seen didnt play forza)
but there are people who don't care about model detail and just drive the vehicle and there are others who watch 15 min how car is scanned 🤣🤣🤣 and admire it

Last edited:
4 Cars
4 Races
4 Scapes
4za Motorsport is doing it better(with the Updates)
Fun fact: Turn Ten were originally going to be called "Team 4za", as reflected in one of the cheats of the very first Forza Motorsport.

Jokes aside, a much larger update than just three cars would be nice. Maybe four or five if Polyphony are being generous.

Last edited:
Fast And Furious Assets GIF by The Fast Saga

Car #1: Nissan R31 GTS-R '87/Micra/Pulsar/Juke-R/NISMO '?? / Mazda AZ-1 '92/Cosmo Sport '67 / ASL Garaiya '08 / Mitsouka RockStar '19
Car #2: Catterham SL500 '12 / BMW 507 '57/i8 '18 / Fiat Coupe Turbo '00 / Ruf CTR '87 / Lancia Delta/WRC '??
Car #3: Ferrari 330 Spider '66/812 '19/488 GTE Evo '20 / Aston Martin DBS/Vantage/GTE-GT3 / McLaren 720S/720S-GT3/Speedtail / KTM X-Bow GTX/GT-XR

SBX
Fast And Furious Assets GIF by The Fast Saga

Car #1: Nissan R31 GTS-R '87/Micra/Pulsar/Juke-R/NISMO '?? / Mazda AZ-1 '92/Cosmo Sport '67 / ASL Garaiya '08 / Mitsouka RockStar '19
Car #2: Catterham SL500 '12 / BMW 507 '57/i8 '18 / Fiat Coupe Turbo '00 / Ruf CTR '87 / Lancia Delta/WRC '??
Car #3: Ferrari 330 Spider '66/812 '19/488 GTE Evo '20 / Aston Martin DBS/Vantage/GTE-GT3 / McLaren 720S/720S-GT3/Speedtail / KTM X-Bow GTX/GT-XR
26 cars.

At that point, if you're so desperate to get one right, why not just post "I predict three cars from all the cars in the Suggestions/Cars forum"?

Edit: Huh. I did wonder how long it would take you to return to form. Y'all it's now racist to point out that "predicting" 26 cars is a shotgun approach. Racist.

Bye again, I guess.

For the first time in roughly a year, the Hagerty's price increases come on time, and they'll be a doozy after the last one turned out to be a slight net decrease.

My prediction for this month:
  • Ferrari 296 GT3
  • Mine's R34 or R34 GT-R Z-TUNE
  • Some old car, possibly from Europe, I guess it'll be BMW
  • Some "regular" road car, I'll go for something from USA for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back