GT7 Multiplayer bug

• Thread starter reekburt
  • 5 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
I am on ps5 and my friend is on ps4 and when he attempts to join the lobby he gets stuck on an infinite loading screen and is unable to join. Vice versa. Anyone have solutions?

Set your PS network settings manually. Set primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4. Then set your MTU to 1473 or 1450 and try again

Last edited:
Set your PS network settings manually. Det primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4. Then set your MTU to 1473 or 1450 and try again
This worked for me and my friends. Thanks for your help. But any idea what is the cause of the issue?

This worked for me and my friends. Thanks for your help. But any idea what is the cause of the issue?

And mixed PS4/PS5 lobbies do not appear to work well...

What I made you do is telling your PS to use specific DNS servers to avoid suffering problems from being connected to a random server which might be just slow. The MTU restriction might help you with not overstraining the datastream on your router. Since Im not an IT spelialist I prefer to not try to explain it in detail since Im not sure if I even got it right myself. I just dont want to talk bs because I hate to talk about stuff that I dont know much about. Just take it as a miracle and be happy that it works now :-D

Has anyone noticed recently if the lobbies are much more stable, especially cross platform. I watched multiple replays shared from our league's Sunday racing, and overall stability looked great across known PS4 and PS5 users in a mixed lobby. No jitters, screeching, lagging noticed at all. Just curious if this was a lucky night, or if other leagues/driver/series with full mixed lobbies have noticed a notable improvement.

Back