GT7 Project Cars: Share what you're building

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 141 comments
With all the customisation possibilities in the game, it'd be nice to see what everyone will build and what stages they're up to.

I'll be doing some Super Taikyu, GT4, vintage Trans Am & Japan GT and vintage European touring car builds, no doubt.
Im in a Porsche GT3 Cup series online league on GTS so we are all eager to see what we can do to the Porsche GT3 RS. We are hoping we can make it as close to the actual cup car fingers crossed. 🤞

Probably some LM Race Cars from past GTs.
The original Ford GT LM Race Car with the 2006 road car
Honda S2000 LM Race Car with the 1999 road car (hopefully I can give it an accurate front to the original without painting on the lights like a stock car)
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car with the 2002 production model
Nissan 350Z LM Race Car with 2007 road car
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car with 2002 Spirit R model
Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race Car with 2012 Spirit R model
And the Mitsubishi 3000GT LM Race Car with the '91 model

Seeing the NA2 NSX-R return made me very happy that I'm close making this dream build in GT7.

jbw0ocqdx2j11.jpg

Jelly Willys Jeep, I have a feeling the Jeep will roll easier than about anything else in the game when tuned for it. Also a Plymouth Superbird to classic NASCAR specs and race it at Daytona.

Aside from my racing story builds, here's some that I can share to you:

• VW Beetle (EJ20 swap)
  • VW Beetle (M96 GT3 swap)
  • Supra A80 (3S-GTE swap)
  • S30Z (Can either be a bored L28 Turbo or an RB swap)
  • R32 GT-R (VR38DETT swap)
  • 911 GT3 RS Check Shop
  • 911 GT3 Cup Cars
  • Wangan Blackbird (930 and 964)
  • Flyin' Miata (LS swapped ND)

Hoping those engine swaps are possible for those cars (aside from the Porsche powered Beetle we saw)

-The Mustang NISMO from tokyo drift
-Yaris GR with 2JZ swapped
- Honda Fit with the FK8 type R engine and widebody🤣

Last edited:
I’d plan my builds if I knew exactly what options we have for each car. But I’d rather find out for myself when I get the game this weekend. I plan to chronicle my GT7 gameplay through a series journal entries that I’ll post here - like a classier, text-only Let’s Play.

EDIT: At any rate, I plan to start with the Toyota Aqua S, and the one that I think we initially can buy from the UCD will be the one that I modify, whereas I plan to buy an additional one from Brand Central to leave as-stock.

Last edited:
Jelly Willys Jeep, I have a feeling the Jeep will roll easier than about anything else in the game when tuned for it. Also a Plymouth Superbird to classic NASCAR specs and race it at Daytona.
Mmm, this sounds fun. Could this be the game where we finally get gear ratio options for a 4-speed? I really would love to get some muscle cars geared for racing beyond the quarter-mile without a whining 6-speed racing transmission....

@Famine and @Jordan, can this be moved to the Car Tuning Forum, Please?

Been quite busy globetrotting and getting the proper racing licences to level up my on track skills. Acquired a fair many choice rides via giveaways and fortunate spots in the used car market. A couple of which, are new projects I'll refresh from previous owners. Pics coming shortly.

Thank you :gtpflag:

The EK9 is too tasty. I have to, at least, get the SW388s. :)

Getting an Australian Touring Cars Masters contingent going. My newly acquired Carrera(Project: Frosch Macht), is about 10 years too new for that race series, but it’s got some cool features.
Have another project(Project Bow Tie) isn’t ready for paint. Need more go fast bits first. ;)

1646728786673.jpeg

Main Car: Copy of my 2017 GB Mustang GT have it almost the same as mine (it has street suspension while mine is sitting in the garage).
Race Car Build: 700 PP 91' GTO Twin Turbo this is a monster.
BMW Build: E92 M3 so far is coming up nicely

I would love to have some of the builds posted here though.

Already fully built :
  • Volks Scirroco
  • Mistubishi GTO 91
  • Mustang GT350R
  • BMW M3 2003
  • Mini Cooper 65
  • Porsche 911 GT3 2009
  • Mitsubishi GTR R32
Will be working next on :
  • Nissan GTR R34
  • Mazda RX-7
  • Toyota Supra RZ 97

In the future (when I have more credits) :
  • Porsche Carrera GT
  • McLaren F1
  • Ferrari F50

Last edited:
Already fully built :
  • Volks Scirroco
  • Mistubishi GTO 91
  • Mustang GT350R
  • BMW M3 2003
  • Mini Cooper 65
  • Porsche 911 GT3 2009
Will be working next on :
  • Nissan GTR R34
  • Mazda RX-7
  • Toyota Supra RZ 97

In the future (when I have more credits) :
  • Porsche Carrera GT
  • McLaren F1
  • Ferrari F50
The parts available for the F1 and F50 should be interesting. Good luck. ;)

Getting sidetracked with my Super Taikyu Grid. 2022 Season beginning next week. :)

Couple of J.A.S. H70 Civic TCRs added, H56 Civic TCR, Golf TCR, Focus Project: BTCC and old school MINI Challenge prototype in the works. As soon as the muscle cars and classic Japanese sports pop up, I’ll jump back on the V8s.

1647000245026.jpeg

1647000284861.jpeg

1647000411245.jpeg

1647000459428.jpeg

1647000503517.jpeg

Back