GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,387 comments
My niece loved PSVR2 and Kayak. She got pretty good at GT7 pretty quick too. I guess she's about 20 years old now. I didn't want her messing around with PSVR2 without me supervising so then she played GT7 for hours on flat screen while I was playing pool with my brother. She liked the DD wheel (GT DD Pro at the time), load cell brake, and just driving in the sim rig. GT7 had her car in there and she was blown away with PSVR2 showroom, checking out her car's interior in the game. It was right hand drive in game/ left hand drive IRL but she still felt like she was driving her car.

I only got $600

I had my nieces and their friends try it over the holidays 8-15...they didn't enjoy it at all. They found the games as they said "not very fun" and "the headset hurts after awhile". Anecdotally I always felt like VR is mainly aimed for adults than younger adults/kids.

I bought a bunch of games they wanted to try too
We had my partners niece (12yo) over with her family last week and she played GT7 (pretty decently) for HOURS. I was stoked to see a kid actually enjoy it. Our neighbors kid comes over pretty often (11yo boy) and he couldn't care less, but give him some gorilla tag on Oculus and you can't get him out of it.
video please?
Here is one of my sessions in last weeks TT at Fuji. I agree that the GT-One is a very nice place to be, even if this TT was a pain in the a**.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue lately where the ps5 often asks to recalibrate the eye position. I'm that screen it's shown that the left eye is too far left when the right eye is centered, so it's difficult to get a good centering for both eyes, it's a compromise. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm having an issue lately where the ps5 often asks to recalibrate the eye position. I'm that screen it's shown that the left eye is too far left when the right eye is centered, so it's difficult to get a good centering for both eyes, it's a compromise. Has anyone had this problem?
Are the lenses 100% clean? I’ve never experienced what you are describing, but I know exactly the position I prefer and occasionally it isn’t perfect. I’ve come to the conclusion that the lenses have to be perfectly clean to get everything exact.

Are the lenses 100% clean? I’ve never experienced what you are describing, but I know exactly the position I prefer and occasionally it isn’t perfect. I’ve come to the conclusion that the lenses have to be perfectly clean to get everything exact.
I think they must be clean, I often use a microfiber cloth to wipe the lenses, every few gaming sessions.

Edit: to have the left eye centered I need to turn the psvr2 to the left, against the right side of the nose, so maybe the left lense is off-centre... But can't see any deviation.

Last edited:
I think they must be clean, I often use a microfiber cloth to wipe the lenses, every few gaming sessions.

Edit: to have the left eye centered I need to turn the psvr2 to the left, against the right side of the nose, so maybe the left lense is off-centre... But can't see any deviation.
Face oil is a bear. If your not using something to break the oil down its likely accruing in the edges of the lens’s. I use zeiss len’s wipes(amazon) and spray. Anyway, make sure there is good light and those corners clean. Good luck!

I have a theory that people who happen to have more symmetrical faces / eyes have a better experience with PSVR2.
Then I realized that PSVR2 should have the ability to adjust interpupillary distance for each lens independently and not just back and forth around a central point (bridge of nose).

Most people do not have perfectly symmetrical noses and eyes and the goggles should accommodate that. There should be two sliders for this adjustment, not just one. I'm lucky and pretty symmetrical but still not perfect and my right eye seems to be farther right than the left eye is to the left.

If they ever make a PSVR3 I hope they allow this added adjustment.

BWX
I have a theory that people who happen to have more symmetrical faces / eyes have a better experience with PSVR2.
Then I realized that PSVR2 should have the ability to adjust interpupillary distance for each lens independently and not just back and forth around a central point (bridge of nose).

Most people do not have perfectly symmetrical noses and eyes and the goggles should accommodate that. There should be two sliders for this adjustment, not just one. I'm lucky and pretty symmetrical but still not perfect and my right eye seems to be farther right than the left eye is to the left.

Damn...my left eye is a bit higher than my right and now I realized slightly more distant from the nose lol.

But didn't have any problem calibrating until last month, I bought them in june 2023. Is my eye migrating :scared:

BWX
In the meantime, allow me to impart some hard-earned wisdom following years of experience as a fast-jet avionics technician:
1. Insert crowbar to the side of the lens assembly that is out-of-true.
2. Lever the lens assembly carefully until it aligns as required.
3. Cover any damage with speed-tape (aluminium sticky tape).
4. Return unit to resting place; smile; pat it proudly and mutter "…it’ll do a trip!"

Apparently, the 4 camera lenses on the front, if dirty or smudgee, will cause 'shifting'.

During allignment calibration for eyes it takes awhile to learn you have to not look at the calibration eyes/circles to get best setting you have to look straight (imaginary nose) as I can see there is a side dominance where I must be actually looking at 1 eye more (left), like in real life I guess. And this shows up, people might move headset or turn the dial when actually it was already just right.

Last edited:

Face oil is a bear. If your not using something to break the oil down its likely accruing in the edges of the lens’s. I use zeiss len’s wipes(amazon) and spray. Anyway, make sure there is good light and those corners clean. Good luck!

Apparently, the 4 camera lenses on the front, if dirty or smudgee, will cause 'shifting'.
I just ordered Zeiss spray + cloth, will try cleaning lenses and cameras thanks for the advice!
During allignment calibration for eyes it takes awhile to learn you have to not look at the calibration eyes/circles to get best setting you have to look straight (imaginary nose) as I can see there is a side dominace where I must be actually looking at 1 eye more (left), like in real life I guess. And this shows up, people might move headset or turn the dial when actually it was already just right.
Exactly, when it was working fine I was able to do that, to look straight ahead and get both eyes well aligned.

Last edited:
I just ordered Zeiss spray + cloth, will try cleaning lenses and cameras thanks for the advice!

Exactly, when it was working fine I was able to do that, to look straight ahead and get both eyes well aligned.
Cloth is good but it will get dirty and clothing detergent tends to be bad for lens’s. These are good to have around.

Zeiss Lens Wipes, White, 220... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YSVJ16T?tag=gtplanet-20

Cloth is good but it will get dirty and clothing detergent tends to be bad for lens’s. These are good to have around.

Zeiss Lens Wipes, White, 220... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YSVJ16T?tag=gtplanet-20
Thanks will try to get that.
If its higher and more distant doesnt that mean moving the headset angle will make it lower and closer?
Not sure I get what you mean. But anyway it's a matter of 1-2 millimeters, the calibration has an ample margin that would accept that deviation I imagine.

Here is a challenge for someone (crazy). On the current time trial at Interlagos in the XJ13 '66. Do a lap looking only at the reflection in the rear mirror of the reflection on the helmet visor of the view of the track ahead.
It's possible!
I'll be honest I only did a few corners to see that it actually works. Left is left and right is right as its a double reflection. The quality is like a weather radar graphics and you can tell the frame rate is not as fast. This is something to look out for to bench test the PS5 Pro!
Imagine that visor reflection in 4k with ray tracing and maximum frame rate. We can dream.

Last edited:
PS6 + PSVR3 - if the world's still spinning and not blown to hell, I bet it'll be amazing. I just did that TT with the XJ13 '66, this car is great in VR.

Back