GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,587 comments
I learn more about which lines are faster when playing on controller on my TV because I can see the delta change in real time and then remember the pattern and apply the correct driving. You get this feedback in real time entering and exiting each turn. I can then take that knowledge into VR and then drive faster than my controller time, or my "VR only" time. I learn more outside of VR, and am better at actually controlling the car inside VR (though I do have to work my way up to and past my controller time, but can reliably do so).

When I try to learn a track in VR its on a lap by lap basis instead of a turn by turn basis as far as feedback is concerned. I have no idea how each individual turn is going other than by sheer intuition. It's incredibly frustrating at how easy it would be for them to give you that info in VR.

I can read tire temps on my phone with an app ffs, give me data in VR.

I have the rear of my car emblazoned with a "VR2 driver" sign. A target on the back, perhaps? ;-)
I have this on the back of every race car I drive (normally on the rear wing) and I've updated my on-screen name as well.
BWX
Where's the special PSVR2 races in game? Maybe there could be special online PSVR2 only races, and stuff like that?
Given the way people - especially on these boards - react to when a VGT has a staggered release date (Ferrari VGT, Bvlgari VGT) this would go over poorly, I suspect.

Like you, I would like to have additional features for the PSVR2 in Gran Turismo. I'm not expecting any, but I'd love to have a couple-few(tm) options.

I learn more about which lines are faster when playing on controller on my TV because I can see the delta change in real time and then remember the pattern and apply the correct driving. You get this feedback in real time entering and exiting each turn. I can then take that knowledge into VR and then drive faster than my controller time, or my "VR only" time. I learn more outside of VR, and am better at actually controlling the car inside VR (though I do have to work my way up to and past my controller time, but can reliably do so).

When I try to learn a track in VR its on a lap by lap basis instead of a turn by turn basis as far as feedback is concerned. I have no idea how each individual turn is going other than by sheer intuition. It's incredibly frustrating at how easy it would be for them to give you that info in VR.

I can read tire temps on my phone with an app ffs, give me data in VR.

I suspect that Kaz thinks that VR is for cruising and not racing. I have no hope for any VR update to make racing or TT better for us.

They also need to keep GTWS and YouTubers as they are, showing their faces and selling an easy to use game.

"Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates."

That's pretty cool.

i wonder if that means the dude working on PCVR use of the PSVR2 that requires a dongle purchase made enough progress and was enough of a threat to a market to force sony to move. they probably think he's about to make bank on it

That's not the clearest language. It could mean allowing the headset to connect to PCs or it could mean a way to stream PC games to the headset via the PS5.
as someone who reads legal documents all day, its definitely incredibly vague language (probably intentionally so for now)

i wonder if that means the dude working on PCVR use of the PSVR2 that requires a dongle purchase made enough progress and was enough of a threat to a market to force sony to move. they probably think he's about to make bank on it
I think this is an attempt from Sony to get some money out of PSVR2 because it's clearly not selling (enough).

I think this is an attempt from Sony to get some money out of PSVR2 because it's clearly not selling (enough).
Do we know how many they’ve sold? How many did they expect to sell?

Other than GT7, it doesn’t get much use at my house. The kids played Job Simulator, Vacation Simulator, Horizon, a Beat Saber. But they quickly lost interest over time. There’s simply not enough games to drive sales, IMO. As an adult, I don’t have enough time to get more involved in any games other than GT7. I am glad we have it, otherwise I probably would have less interest in Gran Turismo these days.

Do we know how many they’ve sold? How many did they expect to sell?
These numbers are just for the US market but they do paint a disappointing picture

I think PSVR3 could come with all PS6 consoles. Nothing like getting maximum volume when you have to have one.
In the same way I never wanted the expensive VR2 controllers, but I had no choice, they came with the headset. Force all Sony gamers to own/buy VR, if they never use it thats too bad for them.
Secondly, make Grand Theft Auto VR.

I think PSVR3 could come with all PS6 consoles. Nothing like getting maximum volume when you have to have one.
In the same way I never wanted the expensive VR2 controllers, but I had no choice, they came with the headset. Force all Sony gamers to own/buy VR, if they never use it thats too bad for them.
Secondly, make Grand Theft Auto VR.
I honestly don't think Sony has any plans to make another VR headset right now. They can't even be bothered to make games for the one they "just" released.

I think they are done here.

That's the main reason I hope GT makes it over to PC - I want to be sure that I can play future GTs in VR.

This is great.

So far I am only using the Headset for GT7, No mans sky, and also recently the Excellent flight sim arcade Ultra wings 2 ( Great game for anyone who like sim style games )

Would love to be able to play Assetto corsa and other older PC VR with PSVR2 :-)

Using the PS5, wheel rig, and PSVR2 as a standalone driving simulator when I’m done with the PS5 was the only thing giving me solace for the purchase. Remembered it will probably just be music rally only when game support drops…

Using the PS5, wheel rig, and PSVR2 as a standalone driving simulator when I’m done with the PS5 was the only thing giving me solace for the purchase. Remembered it will probably just be music rally only when game support drops…
Yes, just as happened with GT Sport?

Yes, just as happened with GT Sport?
GT Sport was updated when the server shut down, and now it doesn't require an internet connection for any of the local content. So we can probably expect the same with GT7.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Sony has any plans to make another VR headset right now. They can't even be bothered to make games for the one they "just" released.

I think they are done here.

That's the main reason I hope GT makes it over to PC - I want to be sure that I can play future GTs in VR.
One would think PSVR2 would be compatible with the PS6 but then again, no one can say whether PD will even implement VR support with GT8.

Last edited:
Sony plans to bring PSVR2 to PC this year.

Adds some cadence to GT7 coming over imo.

I sold my PSVR2 as I was slightly disappointed with image quality (reprojection issues) and didn't spend enough time using it outside of GT7. But I would certainly consider repurchasing one if it was PC compatible, alongside PS5 Pro potentially improving image quality and performance.

PC compatibility would guarantee the accessories long-term future and no doubt give a boost to PSVR2 software development. With the likelihood GT7 is coming to PC you would open up a new PSVR2 playerbase and incentivise PD to improve VR features.

This is great.

and also recently the Excellent flight sim arcade Ultra wings 2 ( Great game for anyone who like sim style games )

I've launched that game 6 times and can't hit the 1st target. I get up in the air and crash every time, almost immediately.

But, it seems really cool

To all the nerds out there..

Could a PS5 Pro actually make the image quality better for PSVR2?

I didn’t recall much of a difference when comparing PSVR on a PS4 vs PS4 Pro

Last edited:
To all the nerds out there..

Could a PS5 Pro actually make the image quality better for PSVR2?

I didn’t recall much of a difference when comparing PSVR on a PS4 vs PS4 Pro
Technically..no. The pixel count snd dynamic range are hardware. How ever, the experience could tighten up. Pop in’s happening less noticeably. A more snappy experience. That sort of thing.

Back