GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,371 comments
Honestly I think the go-kart will be fun cause your so close to the road and out in the environment. Otherwise it'll be some classics like the ford cosworth, old Ferrari's, etc
Kartikraft on PC in VR is nuts, especially when the bounds were slightly broken and you could drive through the pits and out into the carpark! Hopefully GT7 will be the same graphically.

Open cars are allot of fun in VR.
Radical, redbull JR, Bac Mono and the Xbow are very cool machines. Also can’t wait to cruise with the Porsches and Ferrari’s and offcourse the Pagani Zonda R, such a terrific machine. In combination with the Logitech G Pro wheel and the Trueforce feedback on gearshifts, engine noise and detailed surface feedback…. ohw man!

The addition of some new cool tracks like Silverstone, Paul Ricard or Zandvoort would be ace.

Last edited:
Yes, and it's waaaayyyy better than the stereoscopic 3D that you can have in cinema. You're litterally inside the game, no better way to describe it!

------------------------

Another story, but I was playing some lobby yesterday with a friend of mine who is also a gt planet user and had problems with the FFB on his DD pro.

We played with Gr.1 cars on different tracks with Racing Hard tires, and he realized that the lack of details and overall lifeless FFB he was exeperiencing was because he was always using soft tires. I use RH or intermediate tires 95% of the time so I didn't realize how much the tires compound could impact FFB, but even if he said that it was not as good as in some other PC sims, my friend had a way better experience with RH tires and seemed convinced with the FFB and sensitivity on 10. If some of you are mostly using soft tires, it's worth giving a try :)
Is that a feature unique to PSVR 2 and other high end headsets or is that standard for VR to be effective? It's not something I see commonly listed in specs.

Is that a feature unique to PSVR 2 and other high end headsets or is that standard for VR to be effective? It's not something I see commonly listed in specs.
It's standard for VR, and the depth perception is impossible to portray in YouTube trailers and streams. It's the biggest "wow" part of VR and it's hard to imagine without actually trying it.

Only tangentially related to GT7, but it seems like PS VR2 is selling significantly under expectations and Sony slashed their production in half. Hope it can get some momentum going through WoM.
That article is actually fairly right. It is expensive. Yes it will be a niche market item. Yes that will limit game makers want to produce games. But technology is not cheap. The games that will come out for it will be amazing. On top of all that, when you compare spec to spec, it's actually a really good deal if you're wanting to get into VR and have decent quality. Price a PC then throw in a good comparable VR headset.

That article is actually fairly right. It is expensive. Yes it will be a niche market item. Yes that will limit game makers want to produce games. But technology is not cheap. The games that will come out for it will be amazing. On top of all that, when you compare spec to spec, it's actually a really good deal if you're wanting to get into VR and have decent quality. Price a PC then throw in a good comparable VR headset.
Agreed and all things Sony will factor into predictions for sales etc. I think it will sell well, as you say the equivalent would be around £2k of headset and pc!

Only tangentially related to GT7, but it seems like PS VR2 is selling significantly under expectations and Sony slashed their production in half. Hope it can get some momentum going through WoM.
Disapointing news, on the other hand never saw so bad marketing, 22 days to premiere and 0 states of play or something similar purely for psvr2. If they thought ps blogs is enough well, maybe they should think again.

Why do they need to advertise it? It's quite niche and those that want it will ready know. It's unlikely a few adverts will make people in the fence part with £550. That said I did see and advert and most of the major tech sites have done video reviews/previews already.

snc
Disapointing news, on the other hand never saw so bad marketing, 22 days to premiere and 0 states of play or something similar purely for psvr2. If they thought ps blogs is enough well, maybe they should think again.
Marketing campaign is ramping up. Loads of preview vids from tech sites and streamers.

Word of mouth and demo units will be more effective anyway. It’s really hard to show the immersion and quality of visuals when all people can see is the “flat” footage on the screen.

I did some digging around reddit about this article.

From a user on reddit.

Does this story not sound familiar to anyone?

Takashi Mochizuki is the same journalist who claimed Sony had revised their launch PS5 numbers skyward, before later reporting Sony had revised their launch numbers downward, generating a lot of negative press before launch. Sony rarely respond to bogus reports, but for Mochizuki they made an exception, issuing a press release stating that PS5 launch numbers remain the same and had never altered. In essence, Takashi Mochizuki concocted a second "source familiar with affairs" to backtrack instead of acknowledging his first report was erroneous.

Now consider this. The 2 million launch figure never arrived from Sony. It was yet another Takashi Mochizuki invention.

Takashi Mochizuki, October 3, 2022:

Sony Group Corp. plans to make 2 million units of the PlayStation VR2 headset by March next year, people familiar with the matter said
Takashi Mochizuki, January 31, 2023:

The company halved its forecast for shipments of the PSVR2 ... to about a million units, said people familiar with its deliberations.
This guy invents fictitious numbers only to refute them at a later date.

Link to the full post this guys makes things up as his a sony hater and has been proven wrong in the past.

Once GT7 PSVR2 Reviews and Content will surface, and is as good as we hope, it will give PSVR2 a big boost.
Than the real blockbuster mass adoption card up the sleeve is to be announced in 2023: GTAV PSVR2 Edition.

Do we have any screenshots or promo materials for GT7 VR? The only picture I could find is this one but it lacks resolution and is not very sharp.
7d238ec02405e2da47158c79f626bec9e470d18e.jpg

I expect the blog posts to be ramping up. I just hope the GT7 blogpost reveals relevant information. The recent Horizon: Call of the Mountain post was about the different tribal politics in the game world and, as much as I LOVE Horizon, that was incredibly useless.

There's this pic too

FlrB5W5acAMCFie

Part of the low resolution is due to foveated rendering
Interesting. I wonder where the eyes are looking in this image. To me, the top left corner seems the sharpest. Overall I'm a bit concerned with the resolution by looking at the dashboard. I hope it will be much better than GT sport vr. On the other hand, the CES video clip looked much sharper than this image.

Don't worry, it will be a huge upgrade over PSVR1 and GT sport which still looks pretty good compared to many other VR racing games. There might be a few downgrades, but nothing in comparison to what it was with GTS.

Last edited:
I'm just kind of wondering what the catch is going to be. Yes it's expensive for a console accessory, but if comparing it's specs to similar models in the PC world, this under cuts them big time. Not to mention the PS5 being significantly cheaper than a PC to run it. I'm just curious what the compromises are going to be and if this is all capable due to the foveated rendering. It will be interesting to see if the eye tracking and foveated rendering are really operate as well as it's supposed to.

I think the lighting will be a big determination on whether or not this is epic or just good.

Back