GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,395 comments
Another preview

Last edited:
Hopefully this will appease those who were pointing out the lack of marketing and previews. Sony ramp things up in the weeks before release. Just need to be patient.

A bit on how the HUD works:

Where is the Radar in Gran Turismo 7 when using PSVR?​

When racing, look right. Yes, each time you need to check the positional radar, weather radar, traction control level or brake bias, simply look to your right and the mini-UI will be there.

This is one element of the on-screen information which does take some adapting to, but you’ll get used to it with time.

Items like your speed, revs and gears – well, that’s up to you to look around your car’s interior and use the real-world instruments!

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 in PSVR2: New Footage and Hands-On First Impressions

I just got back from a trip to PlayStation’s North American headquarters where I had the chance to be one of the first people to play Gran Turismo 7 on the PSVR2, and I’m here to tell you all about it...

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how you find your buttons and dials on your wheel when you have the headset on? Do you just have to remember where they are? That could be an issue for me as I sometimes loose track of the paddle shifters when turning the wheel, lol, so finding buttons....

Looks good in the previews. Really curious to see how the clarity is compared to the HP Reverb G2 running on a 4090/i9-13900. The clips showing what is on your screen while in VR are always a much sharper image.
You can compare the flatscreen output of other games on YT with the new footage today for an apples to apples. I think it easily beats all the other ones by a wide margin. Not to mention that PSVR2 does 120 hz (gt7 also is at 120, with reprojection robably) compared to 90 on G2 and PSVR2 OLED panels will have slightly better color contrast and blacks (the night races will be great). Although, here the limitation is some of the G2 specs along with the PC software themselves. The vanilla version of most PC games doesn't look as good as GT7 even maxed out IMO.

I'm curious as to how you find your buttons and dials on your wheel when you have the headset on? Do you just have to remember where they are? That could be an issue for me as I sometimes loose track of the paddle shifters when turning the wheel, lol, so finding buttons....
There's a black & white "passthrough" camera that shows your surroundings - I believe you can pause and switch to that view to check things, but mostly yes it is muscle memory. I was always forgetting the button placements on the Moves for PSVR1 at first (and also the Dualshock for Atrobot) and having to raise the visor to check.

As noted by @Fezzik, you can just press a button on the headset. It automatically pauses the game and allows you to see all of your surroundings in real-time through the PSVR2's built-in cameras.

You'll probably only have to do this a few times, though, and your muscle memory will take it from there.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 in PSVR2: New Footage and Hands-On First Impressions

I just got back from a trip to PlayStation’s North American headquarters where I had the chance to be one of the first people to play Gran Turismo 7 on the PSVR2, and I’m here to tell you all about it...

GTPlanet's hands-on video:

Pre-ordered my PSVR2 last week and am super pumped after seeing this video - looks absolutely amazing 😍

Latest Posts

Back