GT7 sound glitches

• Thread starter briank
  • 42 comments
United States
United States
Hey everyone. Is anyone else experiencing sound glitches in GT7 for PS5? It all really started when I used switcher to play Spotify in the background. I have since stopped using Spotify and went back to default but the glitch is still there.

The issue is I can barely hear my car's engine and transmission when I'm running a race. I've adjusted the sound and it's still there. Here is the catch. I'll either start the race with the glitch and when I pit and come out of the pit the sound is normal and I can hear them just fine. Or it's vice versa. I'll start the race and can hear the sound fine but then after I pit it goes away. This glitch is only on the car I'm driving. I can hear the other cars sound effects just fine.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions to correct? Obviously it's super important to hear your engine and transmission as your shifting thru gears.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is getting pretty annoying. Sometimes even restarting the race from the track selection screen doesn't fix the sound...

I have experienced this a few times and it's extremely frustrating. Especially when it happens half way through a 10 lap race!!

Can't remember what scenario I first encountered it but yesterday had it in the Sierra in Arcade Race at Bathurst. Did one race no problems, then every race after that no sound. Restarting GT7 / PS5 didn't fix it. Tried another location and it was all good.

Then today again in the Sierra I did the WTC700 race at Laguna. First run no problems. Sound disappeared after the pit stop in the second two races.

It's not device dependent. Same result on headphones, speakers etc. Also tried toggling some of GT7 and PS5 sound settings to no avail. So seems to be software.

P.S. post of reddit suggests it's related to modding cars. Which would stack up against my experience in the Sierra today.

Last edited:
I also had that issue at 800PP Race at Sardegna lately. Kinda randomly and very annoying
I had the issue today, at Sardegna 800PP with McLaren F1 GTR. No engine sound...:irked: At first I thought that it was car's problem but I restarted the race and the sound was back.

Last edited:
Never had the problem with GT7 on the PS4... On the PS5 it happens frequently. No engine sound but I do hear transmission and tire squeal. It makes my fiat sound like a tesla.

I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing, Today I decided to mess about with a few cars and realized there was no sound at all playing for the car but the menu's were fine. When experimenting I found the only cars that had the high rpm turbo's on them had issues with sound whilst the rest of the cars were fine. Anyone know any fix for this?

Had it again today, definitely occurred after making setup changes. Entered the track, had a drive, sound was Ok, handling was not! Exited to track menu and changed setup, reentered track and no sound. Quitting out to region map and reloading the track resolved it, this time..

For me, this happened after I changed the transmission (and downforce, though not relevant. See Reddit post above)

Last edited:
So far I've not had the sound completely cut off but, ever since the patch that gave us the MP4/4, race transmission whine/noise will randomly turn on and off after pitstops or race restarts.

Seen it on social media today, happened to me on a race at trial mountain. All you hear is wind. Ive had it happen in lobbies, but can usually pit/exit/re-enter track and it would work.

Quite annoying though when you start a race.

(((Insert hight speed💨wind noises here)))

So far I've not had the sound completely cut off but, ever since the patch that gave us the MP4/4, race transmission whine/noise will randomly turn on and off after pitstops or race restarts.
I noticed they updated drivers photos.. and took away our engine sounds in the process I guess..

There seems to be a common denominator here. It happened to me 3 times last night in Sport Mode, right after I installed a RACING TRANSMISSION. Yes indeed, very frustrating and quite a disadvantage. You have to keep your eyes on the RPM bar all the time. No fun.

There seems to be a common denominator here. It happened to me 3 times last night in Sport Mode, right after I installed a RACING TRANSMISSION. Yes indeed, very frustrating and quite a disadvantage. You have to keep your eyes on the RPM bar all the time. No fun.
I race with no instruments, had to revert to over the bonnet view due to an in-car silhouette beginning to imprint on my tv.
The race information also does the same after time...
But yeah, happened once, not again so far - can hear my tyres and other cars, but I had no audible rev range.
Very strange.

Same here with the PS4 when driving on Watkins Glenn 800PP/10laps after the pitstop the motorsound has disappeared, tested with GR3 cars I have at this moment. The following cars has that problem; V12 Aston Martin GR3, Ford Mustang GR3 and the Porsche 911RSR(991) GR3. With the other GR3 cars I have no issue.

I have it only one race, but there everytime. It happens when I do the 1-hour BAC Mono race in the Human Comedy. The car not tuned in anyway, don’t know if it disappears after the pit stop, haven’t raced that long because of this bug

Back