GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

I'm not getting the gears of diffs to update, and the spring rate for the rear doesnt go any lower than 4.5 for the Super Formula car.

View attachment 1264623
RPM @ max power…

this is not right, RPM is shown in the garage.

B1788248-C79A-48B3-BD4D-6CB0A2A26B51.jpeg

Last edited:
For these SF cars I would also do the following;

Add 80kg of ballast to +50 (front) decreasing the understeer at low speed, raise ride height to 35/55, increase F downforce to 1500, rear to 1850. Use stiffness 1 and RH tyre setting for now until I fix the glitch.

@bostoneric

Last edited:
so i put in the 9000 RPM @ max power but when i hit calculate the cursor goes back to that cell and it changes it back to max rpm.

should i put in your recommended down force into the sheet or leave it as the default ?

so i put in the 9000 RPM @ max power but when i hit calculate the cursor goes back to that cell and it changes it back to max rpm.

should i put in your recommended down force into the sheet or leave it as the default ?

I’ll test it out and see what I come up with

im getting the same error, so it’s not something that your doing wrong, I’ll get it fixed and issue a new update asap

New -/+ toggles for the spring stiffness, arb stiffness, LSD and oversteer/understeer
Good stuff. Just a couple of small bugs with the new Lite calculator.

The HP/KW toggle does not work (dropdown menu is empty, works fine in the Expert version):
1686729696498.png

The -/+ toggles for oversteer/understeer is labeled backwards compared to all the others in the Lite version (and does the opposite of what the tooltip says). Selecting one of the "negative" settings also errors out the ARB output:
1686729568495.png

1686729632526.png

This toggle is working fine in the new Expert version, no errors with any of the values:
1686729591951.png

Last edited:
Good stuff. Just a couple of small bugs with the new Lite calculator.

The HP/KW toggle does not work (dropdown menu is empty, works fine in the Expert version):
View attachment 1264947

The -/+ toggles for oversteer/understeer is labeled backwards compared to all the others in the Lite version (and does the opposite of what the tooltip says). Selecting one of the "negative" settings also errors out the ARB output:
View attachment 1264944
View attachment 1264946

This toggle is working fine in the new Expert version, no errors with any of the values:
View attachment 1264945
Thanks Techlet I’ll get it amended.

Fancy being a beta tester for the app? Lol

@hookedonturbo would it be possible to manually set the gear ratios?
I drive in a league with provided gearbox ratios which I can't replicate with the data I can input, so I can't rely on the shifting points and LSD settings.

I really like the idea of having a tuning sheet to calculate the springs and so on.
I've tried it, but so far its a bit stubborn (won't rotate) in slow turns. Could be due to the LSD settings not matching to my gearings though.

@hookedonturbo would it be possible to manually set the gear ratios?
I drive in a league with provided gearbox ratios which I can't replicate with the data I can input, so I can't rely on the shifting points and LSD settings.

I really like the idea of having a tuning sheet to calculate the springs and so on.
I've tried it, but so far its a bit stubborn (won't rotate) in slow turns. Could be due to the LSD settings not matching to my gearings though.
So, you want to input your own gear ratios, to use the shift points and LSD settings?

what car is it that your finding stubborn to rotate?

When it comes to wheel sizes, what should we input for cars with staggered front/rear wheels?

I assume we just enter the size of the driven wheels, but what about 4WD cars like the modern Lambos?

So, you want to input your own gear ratios, to use the shift points and LSD settings?

what car is it that your finding stubborn to rotate?
Yes, exactly.
Similar as you can manually select the Final Gear, I would like the same option for all gear ratios, if its not too much effort.

The car is the Ford Sierra Cosworth with about 320BHP and 1130kg.

Another questions, is there any difference between BHP and HP in the game? Some countries use BHP instead of HP in GT7, so 320BHP would only be ~316HP. But I guess this should be neglectable for the excel file.

When it comes to wheel sizes, what should we input for cars with staggered front/rear wheels?

I assume we just enter the size of the driven wheels, but what about 4WD cars like the modern Lambos?
The primary driven wheel size for 4WD veichles.

Yes, exactly.
Similar as you can manually select the Final Gear, I would like the same option for all gear ratios, if its not too much effort.

The car is the Ford Sierra Cosworth with about 320BHP and 1130kg.

Another questions, is there any difference between BHP and HP in the game? Some countries use BHP instead of HP in GT7, so 320BHP would only be ~316HP. But I guess this should be neglectable for the excel file.
It shouldn’t be too much effort, I’ll have a play around with it and work out the best way to do it. This will actually be quite good for when you have BoP and cannot tune the gearbox, you can then use the calculator to give you the optimum shift points!

There is a difference, HP is DIN PK and BHP is Brake Horse Power, it's about 1 or 2 percent difference in numbers.

Last edited:
I'm here to say, I tried your tuning calculator, and it works like magic on my Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81 , engine swaped.

Keep the good work, I will support you✌️

Hope to see a good android app in the future🤞

As in, weight distribution, power, ride, rake?

Maybe it's far more complicate than I think but for example:

Porsche 911 GT3 '09 by default is with SH tires and rotation G is different than if I put for example SS tires. So, which rotation G numbers should I put in the calculator as a base reference point, or it doesn't matter for the end result?

Maybe it's far more complicate than I think but for example:

Porsche 911 GT3 '09 by default is with SH tires and rotation G is different than if I put for example SS tires. So, which rotation G numbers should I put in the calculator as a base reference point, or it doesn't matter for the end result?
Ahh right okay!

you need to put in whatever roational G values for the specific tyre you are tuning the car for. It will make a difference On the balance and grip levels.

I would also suggest to everyone, download a programme called InvoGT (telemetry software) it will tell you what lateral G force the tyres are experiencing. do some testing with cornering in circles. then tweak stifness and oversteer/understeer settings in the calculator to achieve the highest rotational G possible….

Is it possible that not all cars are in the table?
For example: Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) (year '22), Abarth 595 SS (year '70)

That would be awesome!
That would make life so much easier, certain tracks need different PP settings.

Just picked up the calculator for my Mac. Tired of taking snapshots and putting them on a self-made sheet of paper and filling them for each car, the idea of saving different setups for different PP's is a dream.
Question, when looking to purchase a car how do I know what tracks it can be used on? So far I bought 2 different 1mil cars not being able to use them on certain tracks. I'm I missing something? My first mistake was the pulse car which was 1mil only to find out later I can't drive it anyplace. (Level 38 now). Thanks and looking forward to any and all assistance in GT7. Lovin'it big time....

Music, is there anyway to load more tunes in GT7, in the beginning it wasn't too bad now it's sorta getting old. I would think they have more tunes somewhere to load up to make it more interesting and get the blood pumping..

Music, is there anyway to load more tunes in GT7, in the beginning it wasn't too bad now it's sorta getting old. I would think they have more tunes somewhere to load up to make it more interesting and get the blood pumping..
I think its the wrong thread to ask this questions...but to answer it: When you open Spotify on your PS5, Gran Turismo automatically mutes the ingame music.

Back