gt7 VR2 time split view

• Thread starter Nakean
  • 11 comments
Is there a way to view the time ahead and behind the opponents when in VR mode? Am I just missing a setting? Wanting to the +5 seconds or whatever it is so I know if I'm gaining on first place etc.
I think all of us that play Sport Mode in VR are wondering about this. It's pretty important info for strategy decisions and such.

At the moment there is no way too see that info. Hoping it gets added. They could just stick it way off to the left like in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

I think all of us that play Sport Mode in VR are wondering about this. It's pretty important info for strategy decisions and such.

At the moment there is no way too see that info. Hoping it gets added. They could just stick it way off to the left like in Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Hopefully they update this. It’s super important information while racing.

Watching a number of people online running races using VR, the lack of a leader board, not seeing time splits, put them at a disadvantage to the other players, not knowing when other people pitted or where the P1 was. Doesn't seem PD play test these things in office before releasing.

Watching a number of people online running races using VR, the lack of a leader board, not seeing time splits, put them at a disadvantage to the other players, not knowing when other people pitted or where the P1 was. Doesn't seem PD play test these things in office before releasing.
Even for just casual racing, I like to set the difficulty to where I can just barely win. Not knowing if I'm gaining on first place means I have no idea until I've completed the 10 or more laps...I'm sure they'll have to fix this.

Any word about an update on this? I really miss seeing the gap times.
I think at this point we're not even sure if they ran out of time to implement it or if its another example of baffling PD design decisions.

I would also appreciate not having the little bit of info we DO have right in the middle of the windscreen.

I do like how they slotted in the MFD around the dash area. Hopefully we get improvements and additions.

Last edited:
I propose holding the “look back” button will reveal things like the split times that get in the way of the mirrors and whatnot in regular cockpit view.

Has anyone else noticed that the driver doesn’t shift while driving the DeLorean??

Even in sprint races I would enjoy having it. Playing Race B last week was my first attempts at VR in Sport. I enjoyed using the mirrors and rear view display, but I also want to know how far behind me, time wise, my opponent is so I can push or relax accordingly.

Not having it put some people down, but like people mentioned a easy way its to added it to MFD so we can cycle between other options like weather radar,TCS,BB and so on, or press the look back button so its spawns and when we release it will disapear.
thats just two easy ways, they can also give the option to only see the gap to the leader and from who is in front and back, and the option to have just like in 2D mode always present with all the info.
Really hope PD implement it in some way.

Last edited:
I think at this point we're not even sure if they ran out of time to implement it or if its another example of baffling PD design decisions.

I would also appreciate not having the little bit of info we DO have right in the middle of the windscreen.

I do like how they slotted in the MFD around the dash area. Hopefully we get improvements and additions.
I think what's most infuriating is that they're seemingly never pressed by gaming journalists about this stuff. PD must be giving them heavy Soup Nazi vibes lol.

Journalist: So.... when can fans expect <insert feature here>?
PD: "No GT for you!!!"

Back