GT7 Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter GlockPants
  • 12,687 comments
  • 1,994,218 views
Transaxle FR always for the win.

1a0f9f4b60e17-screenshotUrl.webp


1a0f9f3a57c88-screenshotUrl.webp
 
1790916728153.webp


Picks for this week's events. Good thing the track choices aren't too long because awkwardly, these fall RIGHT before my Appointment. Might be tricky to get this week's video out at the usual time.
 
Pretty bland week, made worse by the fact I only could find 1 new car to use. Sunday Cup Classic is really easy even if you're slow on the straights, race is very short but they're slow enough to catch up in time. Euro Sunday Cup is a bit harder if the fast cars start up front but the AI also struggles a lot at Watkins. Time trial was pointlessly short which was a shame given it's a fun car to drive, very easy to get gold though. World Rally Challenge is so easy I won with a stock Impreza Rally Car by 20 seconds, you could detune it a bunch and still win no problem. Hopefully in the next update they fix the really aggressive wheel centring because it's really weird to drive on controller on dirt. WTC 700 you only really have to watch out for the Viper and Suzuki as the rest will either be too slow or pit twice because they're on RS or they get the fuel wrong. Still won by over 40 seconds with a 690 PP M3, this car still has some issues on the new physics but it's better than before at least.

Cars for this week:
full
 
Forza Italia! With the Ferrari 365 GTB4 chosen for this weeks special event, it felt like a perfect opportunity to go all-out Italian...
IMG_1557.webp


Sunday Cup Classic: 1985 Autobianchi A112 Abarth - Custom ECU, some ballast and CS tyres. Took a few tries and setup adjustments, but I got the win I wanted.
Euro Sunday Cup 400: 1971 Dino 246 GT - custom suspension to tune in some stability, engine detuned and ballast added, CM tyres. Great car at 400PP, easy win
Special Event Time Trial: Ferrari 365 GTB4 handled surprisingly well in stock form, and I was able to clock a 50.942 for Gold on my second attempt.
World Rally Challenge: 1992 Lancia Delta Integrale Rally - Bigger Turbo fitted to keep up with the modern Rally machines. I don't how the changes in the 1.71 update have affected rallying, but I'm not a fan. Regardless, the win was reasonably straight forward, winning by 10 seconds.
World Touring 700: Pagani Zonda R - Power wound down to 500bhp, RH tyres. FM6 for first stint, FM3 for second, pitted end of lap 6 for fuel only. Win made easy by opponents pitting twice.

6 Star Roulette spin yielded Cr.1,000,000 :)

Enjoy your weekend!
 
Last edited:
All done.

Decided to touch my two classics, which were back then my ultimate death traps that are now completely tamed by the new physics. :lol:

1a0fcfc0a4d67-screenshotUrl.webp


1a0fcfc0a4d90-screenshotUrl.webp


The 365 GTB4 Daytona is one of my go-to cars for 580 pp Classic races. But even its stock form is already capable enough.

1a0f9f4b60e17-screenshotUrl.webp


1a0f9f3a57c88-screenshotUrl.webp



Not really happy with the dirt physics as a wheel user. Much easier on a controller, to be honest.

1a0fcfc0a4d17-screenshotUrl.webp


1a0fcfc475539-screenshotUrl.webp


Did it with my T598. Car felt flying all over the place.

And finally, I used something more legitimate for the WTC 700.

1a0fcfc475558-screenshotUrl.webp


1a0fcfd3f8c96-screenshotUrl.webp


Lift and coast all throughout. Racing Mediums will definitely suffice.

6 start ticket reward:

1a0fcfc0a4d6-screenshotUrl.webp


My heart skipped a beat when I thought the roulette would stop at a DeLorean.
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm still working hard on my garage so it's been the same procedure as last week : Get the challenges done and move on. I've only used two cars for the four races which were, admittedly ( and understandable ? ) too strong for any competition. Here they are :

WC_261002_E1.webp

WC_261002_E4.webp


You'll find the result boards in the spoiler .

WC_261002_B1.webp

WC_261002_B2.webp

WC_261002_B3.webp

WC_261002_B4.webp

WC_261002_B5.webp

The swapped Abarth came with 430 PP and is, in this detuned setup, a super fun drive for me. So is the Subi of course, I ran a 590 PP version at Colorado and a 690 PP version at Alsace using RH tires and FM6 for a one stop strategy.
The Ferrari TT wasn't too interesting so I didn't spend much more than 20 min on it. Not my preferred kind of driving anyway ...

Now here's one last thing I'd like to mention / ask although it'll get a bit off topic. Both the Abarth as well as the Subaru still work ok with the old setup ( just like 100 other cars ) after the latest update. Both of them never have been an exactly easy drive but you still can take them to track without any problems. However I have one car now which is completely off : it's a swapped Jimny Sierra which gets out of control in the wink of an eye, it's super vulnerable and unusable in road races. There's nothing too extreme in its setup, it's been great before 1.71.
I know we have some experienced tuners here so I'm hoping for a hint or something that guides me into the right direction. Thanks. ;)
 
Last edited:
A new set of weekies have arrived, where we wrangle a classic Ferrari around Kyoto, have fun with the janky dirt physics at Colorado Springs, and earn a six-star ticket in the end. Wished we got the Gr.1 race at Road Atlanta to coincide with Petit Le Mans, but beggars can’t be choosers.

My theme this week is Italy. A country that boasts some of the most famous and recognizable names in the industry: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Lancia, there’s quite a lot here. Every car I use for the challenges must be Italian.

Race 1 - Sunday Cup Classic @ Maggiore
The Giulia Sprint GT is one of the first cars that come to mind when I think of Alfa Romeo. It is among the brand’s most famous models, known for its excellent handling. It is also perfect for this event, filling the bill nicely. With nothing more than comfort soft tires for upgrades, it would win by 2.5 seconds.

IMG_0534.webp


Race 2 - Euro Sunday Cup 400 @ The Glen
The 2009 Abarth 500 is a modern take on the classic Abarth-tweaked Fiat 500s from the 1960s and early 1970s. Highly lauded by critics and enthusiasts alike, this pocket rocket had impressive performance for a car this size. I forget sometimes that it exists in GT7 and I hate myself for it. I won by merely 0.2 of a second, but I did have to block Lopez’ Megane on the dash to the line. This is a video game. The stewards are non-existent in this event. I don’t care…heheh.

IMG_0535.webp


Race 3 - Ferrari 365 Trial @ Kyoto
The Ferrari 365 GTB/4 was the latest grand tourer from Maranello when it debuted in 1968. It was among the fastest cars in the world at the time, capable of reaching 280 kilometers per hour, or 174 miles per hour. How does it fare on a modern race track? Well, more than adequately for the gold time of 51 seconds. After a few tries after barely hitting gold, I managed to put in a sub-50 time with a 0.49.466. That was fun!

IMG_0536.webp


Race 4 - World Rally Challenge @ Colorado
There was only one choice for this one for me: the Lancia Delta HF Integrale Rally Car. The Delta was one of the most dominant cars to ever grace the rally scene, capturing six straight constructors titles for Lancia, along with four drivers titles and 46 rally wins as the king of Group A. In GT7, thanks to the edgy new dirt physics introduced in 1.71, it feels nowhere near as good as it ideally should, but winning the event was no problem after some practice. With its stock settings, it managed to win by 14 seconds.

IMG_0537.webp


Race 5 - World Touring Car 700 @ Alsace
The Lamborghini Murcielago marked the beginning of a new era, being the first new model from the brand to be conceived under Audi ownership. A variant of the car that competed in top-flight GT racing, the R-GT, would be created in a joint venture with Reiter Engineering and Audi Sport. The car wouldn’t see much success other than a victory in the 2007 Zhuhai FIA GT race in the hands of Christophe Bouchut and Stefan Mucke. The livery I slapped on was the one used by Krohn-Barbour Racing in the 2004 American Le Mans Series, specifically the #5 driven by Peter Kox and David Brabham. The car never achieved better than fourth in the GTS class at Mid-Ohio while the sister #6 car managed a class podium at Sonoma with Tracy Krohn and Dave McEntee…albeit 12 laps down from the winning Corvette. How will it fare in the WTC700 race at Alsace? Let’s find out.

IMG_0538.webp


Since this is merely just a race-modified road car, fuel map 6 is an absolute must. I also had to short shift and lift-and-coast in order to make the Lambo last the full five-lap stint. If you use an automatic transmission, you are likely not winning the race with this car…at least not as easily, anyway. I managed to pass the leader on lap 3 and make the fuel last for my stop on lap 5. I kept the mediums on and only grabbed fuel for the remainder of the race. I nursed the tires home and came out on top with a gap of over a minute from second place. The raging bull emerges victorious.

IMG_0539.webp


IMG_0540.webp


Livery credit to LDNT14.

For my six-star ticket, I got one of the weirder of the Vision GT cars: the Chaparral 2X that literally uses laser pulse shockwaves to accelerate. It sounds nothing like any other car in the game. Not a bad reward.

IMG_0541.webp


Take care!
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm still working hard on my garage so it's been the same procedure as last week : Get the challenges done and move on. I've only used two cars for the four races which were, admittedly ( and understandable ? ) too strong for any competition. Here they are :

View attachment 1568660
View attachment 1568661

You'll find the result boards in the spoiler .


The swapped Abarth came with 430 PP and is, in this detuned setup, a super fun drive for me. So is the Subi of course, I ran a 590 PP version at Colorado and a 690 PP version at Alsace using RH tires and FM6 for a one stop strategy.
The Ferrari TT wasn't too interesting so I didn't spend much more than 20 min on it. Not my preferred kind of driving anyway ...

Now here's one last thing I'd like to mention / ask although it'll get a bit off topic. Both the Abarth as well as the Subaru still work ok with the old setup ( just like 100 other cars ) after the latest update. Both of them never have been an exactly easy drive but you still can take them to track without any problems. However I have one car now which is completely off : it's a swapped Jimny Sierra which gets out of control in the wink of an eye, it's super vulnerable and unusable in road races. There's nothing too extreme in its setup, it's been great before 1.71.
I know we have some experienced tuners here so I'm hoping for a hint or something that guides me into the right direction. Thanks. ;)
that Abarth livery is dope
 


Sunday Cup Classic: Peugeot 905. EZ
European Sunday Cup 400: Renault Captur S. Again, EZ (Despite the hardest difficulty). Is also Watkins Glen so sending it.
World Rally Challenge Gr.B: Ford Focus GR.B. Did I mention I was sending it?
World Touring Car 700: Hyundai Elantra N TCR. Was reminded why FF isn't a popular choice for tire wear races...but I did anyway.
Special Event: Tricky to find speed AND not eat the wall, but I eventually got it.

And the 6 Star Roulette was:

1a0fdc07bbe85-screenshotUrl.webp


Something I was meaning to get eventually so that is ticked off the list.
 
Nothing special of a week. I guess PD is gearing up for the WS and the update.
The first Sunday Cup was in a Volvo 240 which I had under the suggested PP. On CM and a few mods. It was a good race until the second lap. Won by over a second on the Citroen.
The Euro Sunday was in my Golf that was pp "legal" until the last update. Oh well. Ran it on SH and won by 20 seconds.
Got Silver in the TT and stopped. No time for that.
Rally in my go-to Gr. B Subaru and winner of this race several times. Won by 40 seconds.
WTC700 also in a car that has won this race, Gr.4 Cayman. Easy win by almost a minute. Even pitted for tires and fuel at the end of the 5th.
Won the Gr.2 NSX with the ticket and kept it.
Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Center__1.webp
Watkins Glen Short Course_ (2).webp
Colorado Springs - Lake_ (3).webp
Alsace - Village_.webp
 
October – Week 1

Hello everybody!
I didn’t overcome all the weekly challenges without difficulty. In every race, some mistakes occurred. This week I used:
Gamepad | Automatic transmission | Race Difficulty – Hard | TCS 1

#5 | World Touring Car 700 | Alsace – Village
Nissan R33 GT-R V-spec '97 | PP 691 | RM tyres | FM1 | 1 pit
This is the only race this week that I won on the first try. Nothing complicated; the only real rival was Portila.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261002234832.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261002235007.webp

#4 | World Rally Challenge Gr.B | Colorado Springs - Lake
Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car | PP 608 | D tyres
I spent a lot of attempts and tried different settings in this race, but I think I only won when I adapted to the track and the driving style of the rally car.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261002194112.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261002194225.webp

#3 | Time Trial | Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa
Ferrari 365 GTB4 ’71
In several attempts, I couldn’t get anything higher than bronze, and most importantly, I didn’t see any way to improve my time. But apparently, quantity turns into quality, and in the last attempt, I unexpectedly got gold.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261002231622.webp


#2 | European Sunday Cup 400 | Watkins Glen Short Course
Mercedes 300 SL Coupe ‘54 | PP 400 | CM tyres
I tried several cars, but I was only able to win with the Mercedes 300 SL.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261003010236.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261003010405.webp

#1 Sunday Cup Classic | Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Centre
Toyota GR86 RZ '21 | PP 350 | CM tyres
This race was quite intense, and I had to shove Giulia aside blatantly in order to win.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261003000726.webp

Gran Turismo™ 7_20261003000830.webp

I got NISMO R34 GT-R from the 6-star roulette ticket.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20261003010630.webp
Thanks to everyone who read my post, and good luck with the races!
 
Hello everybody !
After seeing the stream of World series, I post my recap 😁
Weekly challenges :
Maggiore Center Sunday Cup Classic :
Toyota 2000GT "stock" , 393,27pp, CM
1000255386.webp

Watkins Glen Short European Sunday Cup :
BMW M3 E30 Evo "Alpina" , 245ch/1230kg, 482,40pp, SH, livery by me !
1000255387.webp

Kyoto Driving Park TT :
Ferrari 365 GTB4 , 49.940 at the first try !
1000255388.webp

Colorado Springs WRC :
Subaru Impreza Rally , 800ch/1230kg, 611,79pp, Dirt tyres, livery by ELN6 Gaming.
1000255389.webp

Alsace WTC700 :
Ford Focus RS '18 "swap GT LM" , 599ch/1260kg, 692,91pp, RH, livery by Azabear.
Stategy=>FM4, RH, pit at the end of lap 05, fresh tyres and fuel.
1000255390.webp

Power Pack challenges :
Laguna Seca Muscle Car :
Ford Sierra Corsworth "swap Focus GrB", 801ch/1050kg, 726,43pp, RH, livery by Azabear
1000255391.webp

Road Atlanta Muscle Car :
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 , 865ch/1400kg, 737,38pp, RH, livery by droopyaj
1000255392.webp

Trial Mountain Vette :
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 C6 , 636ch/1200kg, 699,99pp, SS, livery by kikkagl2
1000255393.webp

6 Stars Ticket : 500.000 cr
6 Stars Ticket "engine" : Hyuara
All races was Golden on Hard difficulties, TC1 or 0, ABS default, PS5 with gamepad.
With the new Physic, I am surprise to drive more without TC (TC 0) because with TC1, the car like drifting with my drive style.
I hope the next MAJ not destroy the Physic & PP balance, and rescript both races of Power Pack 🤞Edit : the 15 october 😕😮‍💨
Many thanks for reading my post !
At the next week with the SPEC 4 Maj.
Good weekend everybody and good Malaysia GP 🏎️.
Stay safe 😉
PS : Sugo is good track but I love Sepang a lot 🤤🤔😁
 
Last edited:
2159.webp

Sunday Cup Classic - C1 🔰

2160.webp

European Sunday Cup - 2008 🔰

2161.webp

365 Time Trial - 🏆 (0:50.910)

2162.webp

WRC - S1 Quattro 🚫

2163.webp

WTC700 - NSX Gr 4 🚫

POWER PACK CHALLENGES
2164.webp

Civic Race - RCR Civic 🚫

2165.webp

American Muscle Cars - Mustang Gr 3 Road Car (Maverick Swap) 🚫

2166.webp

1000HP Tuning Battle - Bugatti VGT 🚫

Rewards:
  • 5k - 3⭐️ Daily
  • 1m - 6⭐️ Ticket
  • GT-R NISMO - 6⭐️ Engine
 
Last edited:
View attachment 1569068
Sunday Cup Classic - C1 🔰

View attachment 1569069
European Sunday Cup - 2008 🔰

View attachment 1569070
365 Time Trial - 🏆 (0:50.910)

View attachment 1569071
WRC - S1 Quattro 🚫

View attachment 1569072
WTC700 - NSX Gr 4 🚫

POWER PACK CHALLENGES
View attachment 1569074
Civic Race - RCR Civic 🚫

View attachment 1569076
American Muscle Cars - Mustang Gr 3 Road Car (Maverick Swap) 🚫

View attachment 1569077
1000HP Tuning Battle - Bugatti VGT 🚫

Rewards:
  • 5k - 3⭐️ Daily
  • 1m - 6⭐️ Ticket
  • GT-R NISMO - 6⭐️ Engine
Nice NSX.
 
Back