GTA: Liberty City Stories - Record Book

• Thread starter Jonas_AH
  • 273 comments
We discussed jump bonuses back in VC, but never sat down to figure it out-- I'm sure there is some math formula-- to figure it out you will need to do some serious algebra-- solving simultaneous equations with 4 variables... the "perfect" stunts may throw a wrench into the formula..

I can probably figure this out but will need some data--- and it has to be accurate or the equations won't be solvable.

If anyone wants to just post some stunts data, I can give it a whirl this weekend...

Please do this in another thread and post

Distance, height, rotation, flips, and money and what type of "insane" stunt it was.

I will need 3 sets of data without flips-- if I can figure out the formula without flips it will be easy to figure out the flip bonus-- the more data collected, the easier this will be to figure out.

Bump & Grinds using the Manchez

Fastest lap on Course 1 - 0:11 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 1 - 0:43 - bcks

43 will fall soon, tied this on a bad run. 11 is taped. Orion was right the manchez is hard to get used to its speed on such a small track. :ouch: Hopeing the bigger courses will be easyer.

If your still around Orion, what side and what angle did you use for Most air achieved again? I tryed to beat my score, but only got about 20 damn 21's.:grumpy:
Found it!

The 26 m jump was landed by taking the unique jump at full speed, but landing a little to the right of the main track

Is that to the right of the cinema jump where the bike is comeing at you? or to the right of the main course, if you didn't hit the jump, and just took the curves. Which "right of the main track" view are we talking?

IIRC, the cinema cut camera angles are random, so I seldom use them for reference. My perspective on positioning is usually in relationship to the character or vehicle.

For that jump, I was working on the theory that the most air stat was completely glitched and was trying to figure out how to manipulate the glitch. In particular, I was thinking that the complex geometry and crossing over the tracks, had something to do with unreasonably high numbers.

Actually, I think all of the air jumps are scored way out of whack when compared to insane jump stats outside of the mission, and I don't even know what "air" is - distance? height?

So if you want to try to out-glitch me on the jump, be my guest. Or maybe you can finally figure out what "air" is and how it is scored. Anyway, to the right of the track: Take the unique jump with as much speed as possible, and get some wheel lift coming off the ramp. Take the jump at an angle to the right, so instead of landing in the center of the track, Toni lands someplace to the right of the dirt. I think that jump landed in the grass and had a run off in the grass so I couldn't make the left turn and almost ended up failing for being off the course. I can't remember the details now - and it's difficult to analyze a jump without a recording. I was trying to hit the edge between the track and the hillside - but I'm pretty sure I got more hillside than track.

Best of luck with the Manchez races. I was hoping for more control in longer races too, but that bike irritated me so much that I gave up on the bike races altogether. That new Wong Side score has been gnawing at me though, but it'll take hours and hours of practice and a mighty sweet run to beat the current record.

Thanks for the info, i was pretty much going far left after hiting the jump every time. I wasn't looking to beat your score, just beat my score, i would take a tie with you even. :P
Did you have any 23,24,25s? I've never even landed a 22 yet.

Did you have any 23,24,25s? I've never even landed a 22 yet.
No, I'm pretty sure I never saw a 24 or 25, or even a 22. Lots of 23s and other random scores.

Okay... so air probably isn't height, or dropping down from the tracks wouldn't yeild a decent score. Do you think rotation could be a factor?

I think distance you move upwards, and outwards in the cinema part is a factor. :P I can tell a 20-21 score jump based on how its looking in the cinema before i land.

That "air" thing is quite a mystery alright. Sometimes even when you fall off the bike and then get on it, some measurement (in many instances around 3 or even as much as 5 to 10 ) would register.

Weird thing is, I experienced a few ocassions when I got 22m but after sometime after I saved the game (without doing the race again), the record would say "15" in my stat, then back again to 22m after sometime. Don't know what's wrong with that air thing.

Most Air achieved - 25m - bcks

:ouch: Had 22 x2 this morning. This jump was amazing the height i got, pulling back before the jump really helps. My 23's before this, i didn't use any pull back tricks at all. I used the left side of the jump and pretty much stayed left, caught some huge air.:crazy: It is also taped so it can be evaluated later on.

Manchez
Fastest time on Course 1 - 0:42 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 10 - 0:21 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 10 - 1:06 - bcks

7 or 8 43's before this. Taped.~

1:06 is taped also, laps where 22,21,21, missed 105 by about 5 frames on my vcr.🤬 Straight from 1:09.:bowdown:

Manchez
Fastest time on Course 9 - 1:08 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 9 - 0:22 - bcks

1:08, laps where 23,22,22. Going for 21.

Saveing races 2-7, since those are very tricky, just knocking out the easyer ones first. :) After this, on to race 8.:crazy:

Manchez
Fastest lap on Course 9 - 0:21 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 8 - 0:28 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 8 - 1:28 - bcks

I had to complety revise my strat for course 9, to accomplish this, 21 was pretty hard. :ouch:
1:28 had laps of 30,28,29. First 28 ever and i didn't choke on the run, i felt the pressure big time on the last lap. :nervous: :)

Well the short course's are next, i don't expect 2 second improvments on them, if i get 1 second, i think it will be a miracle, i might be able to get 18 on at least one of them. Course 1 was more of a pain then the other 3 i've worked on so far. I also had some werid fast lap strats for 2-7, that doesn't quite work with the manchez do to its speed. We will see what happens...

Manchez
Fastest time on Course 7 - 1:12 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 7 - 0:23 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 6 - 0:22 - bcks

1:12, laps where 24,23,24.
22 was very hard! Had a perfect lap for me, on the hardest course imo.

Manchez
Fastest time on Course 6 - 1:14 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 5 - 1:11 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 5 - 0:23 - bcks

6=Hardest level by far for me, laps where 25,24,24.
1:11 laps where 24,23,23. 22 is very hard, if i get it, will be the best wr out of all these.

Manchez
Fastest time on Course 2 - 0:59 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 2 - 0:19 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 4 - 0:58 - bcks
Fastest lap on Course 4 - 0:18 - bcks

Missed 58 on course 2, by 4!!! vcr frames, think i might go for it.

58 was 19,19,18!!

Manchez
Fastest lap on Course 3 - 0:18 - bcks
Fastest time on Course 3 - 1:00 - bcks

I almost went out of bounds on my 18 run, the stats could have glitched i guess, good thing i didn't. Don't expect some pimp fast time for awhile, fighting a cold at the moment.:nervous:

Argh, on the 1:00, i totaly blew 58 on last turn. :(

I got un-lazy for once, sent tapes out.

Vcr tapes sent to friend in wisconsin have these vids on them,
Most Air achieved - 25m
Bumps&Grinds: *all Manchez*
Fast lap Course 1 - 0:11
Fast time Course 1 - 0:42
Fast lap Course 2 - 0:18
Fast time Course 2 - 0:59 (19,19,20=laps)
Fast lap Course 3 - 0:18
Fast time/lap Course 4 - 0:58 (19,19,18=laps)
Fast time/lap Course 5 - 1:11 (24,23,23=laps)
Fast lap Course 6 - 0:22
Fast time Course 6 - 1:14 (25,24,24=laps)
Fast time/lap Course 7 - 1:12 (24,23,24=laps)
Fast time/lap Course 8 - 1:28 (30,28,29=laps)
Fast lap Course 9 - 0:21
Fast time Course 9 - 1:08 (23,22,22=laps)
Fast time/lap Course 10 - 1:06 (22,21,21=laps)

*note, there is no fast time vid, on course 3, i wasnt' happy with 1:00, and will improve it soon/someday*

My friend in canada gets these vids,
Thrashin' RC - 0:28
Bumps & Grinds - Sanchez Course 1-10, fast laps (menu stats)
9mm Mayhem - 14 kills
Scooter Shooter - 13 kills

Once again, i hope video proof is alright, instead of pics....

Will try and get links up, once i get the vids. :)

Hello, I have some stats that may be good enough to be added.

Here they are

Killings,crimes - People you've wasted, 8984 - The Night Fox

Killings,crimes - Cars exploded, 2850 - The Night Fox

Side missions - Criminals Killed on Vigilante, 1362 - The Night Fox

Side missions - Highest Vigilante Level, 103 (Rhino) - The Night Fox

Here is a screenshot of my Vigilante, level 103 score

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/The_Night_Fox_/SN850249.jpg

So, will they be added:nervous:

Back