GTA Online Cars and Coffee

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
GTPlanet Cars and Coffee

What it is: Cars and Coffee is a type of informal car meet very popular in the United States. Attendees meet at a set location at regular intervals (usually weekly or fortnightly) to show off their cars, talk to other enthusiasts, and to show off their various cars. The GTA version is much the same. Almost everyone who plays GTA Online has a number of expensive, fast, flashy, or interesting vehicles, but it's rare that members actually meet up to show off their cars and talk to one another casually.

When: Saturday the 10th, at 00:00 BST (19:00 EST, 23:00 GMT, 16:00 PST, 11:00 AEST)

Where: The large car park next to the Del Perro Pier.

How it works: The event will be held in an invite only lobby hosted by myself. Once in the lobby, all players will retrieve their car and proceed to the event location. Once there, all players will park their cars and we will take time to admire the cars there, converse with other members, and enjoy ourselves.

There is a strict set of rules and guidelines to adhere to in order to keep the event civilised, and since this is GTA we'll almost certainly end up ignoring them.

Rules and Guidelines:

Rules
  1. All GTPlanet crew rules are in effect.
  2. Don't kill other members. Griefers will be kicked, and it's recommended that you stay in passive mode.
  3. Drive sensibly. Nobody wants to see your car after it's been in a head on collision with a lorry.
  4. No abusive or explicit language, please.
  5. Respect other players.
  6. If you would like to drive somebody's car, ask. Most people, myself included, would be happy to let another player take their car for a short drive around the block.
  7. This event is for PS3 players only.
Guidelines
  1. Bring a unique car. If we've planned to all bring something similar (muscle, sports, classics, etc.) then please adhere to that. As a general rule, though, if it has wheels it's probably okay.
  2. Nothing tasteless, please. Don't be that guy with the green and pink Zentorno.
  3. Dress nicely. This is a rough guideline, yes, but it would be nice if your character didn't arrive looking like a slob.
  4. Use of a mic is highly recommended. It is not required, but using a mic will allow easy conversation with other players. A text chat will be set up for all members of the lobby, but this is a social event so chatting is encouraged.
  5. If more than 16 members wish to take part, GTP crew members will be given priority, so it is preferred that you be a member of the crew.
  6. Have fun!
How to join: If you're interested in attending the next meet, post in this thread. I will make a list of participants below. If you aren't already friends with me, send a friend request to Beeblebrox_237, bu please post here first informing me that you'll be doing so. At the time of the event I will invite everyone listed below to the session.

Confirmed attendees for the next meet:

TBD​

Last edited:
Depending on the finish time of the GTPES Race at Silverstone, I might be able to get there in Sunday, Saturday is a no from me.

Now what would I bring?

Shame about the timezone differences, would've love to participated in this 👍
What time would be convenient for you?

Sounds like 8 on Sunday isn't the greatest time, would moving it to 10 PM BST help?

I've always wanted to participate in the roadtrips, but it looks like I came somewhat late to that party. Definitely interested in this.

Right, sounds like there's a fair bit of interest so I'm going to set the time and date to 9 PM Saturday. If you're definitely in just post here (if you haven't done already) and send me a FR on PSN. Once I've added you there I'll stick you in the OP so I can keep track of everyone who's coming. :cheers:

Just FYI, I did a cars and coffee series in here a while ago so technically it's not the first. ;)

In any case, I might be in.

Nice! Count me in. Might only be able to stay for a half hour or so, but I've been wanting to take part in a meet again for a long time, now that all of my friends who ran them moved to next gen. Already have an idea for what I'm bringing!

Good for the first few times, but attendance dropped off. We always met near a Bean Machine though.
Yeah, that sounds fairly predictable. If I continue to do this I'll probably keep it to once a month so it's fresh and interesting each time.
Nice! Count me in. Might only be able to stay for a half hour or so, but I've been wanting to take part in a meet again for a long time, now that all of my friends who ran them moved to next gen. Already have an idea for what I'm bringing!
Don't forget to send me a FR ;)

It's been a while since I've done a GTA car meet. If you are still hosting one on Sunday I should be able to join, but I won't be able to do a Saturday meet.

taz
It's been a while since I've done a GTA car meet. If you are still hosting one on Sunday I should be able to join, but I won't be able to do a Saturday meet.
Yep, Sunday at 9 PM BST. Just shoot me a FR :)

Saturday would be better but I could probably (75-80%) do Sunday.
Depending on the finish time of the GTPES Race at Silverstone, I might be able to get there in Sunday, Saturday is a no from me.

Now what would I bring?
Any news, guys?

A car show , eh? I'm interested.

I've always wanted to participate in the roadtrips, but it looks like I came somewhat late to that party. Definitely interested in this.
If you two want to join us, don't forget to send me a FR ;)

So far we have 5 confirmed attendees, including myself.

99% chance I'll be joining. If not it'll be either connection issues or my parents suddenly decide to drive somewhere with me (which they won't because it's Sunday).

99% chance I'll be joining. If not it'll be either connection issues or my parents suddenly decide to drive somewhere with me (which they won't because it's Sunday).
👍 I'll send you a FR so I can invite you when I host it.
Race is over.

How many time left until this?

I have to "clean" the house.

You've got, uh, 3 hours and 42 minutes. Should be plenty of time for a bit of cleaning. Is your PSN GTP_Cimarron or AJHG1000?

Any news, guys?

I was planning on joining, but apparently my parents had other ideas. Maybe if there's another one later I'll join that one, because the way it's looking now, I don't think I'll be joining anytime soon. :(

Back