• Thread starter Slash
  • 69 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
So as we were talking about the infamous restricted area, I came up with a cool idea.

A FULL. FRONTAL. ASSAULT.

Only in GTA Online, with 16 players.

THE OBJECTIVES

~ Attack Fort Zancudo with a full on assault
~ Steal as much military equipment as possible
~ Hold off the military as long as we possibly can

Requirements:

~ Add me on PSN (slashfan7964), if you haven't already. I will make room.
~ Must be a member of the GTP online crew. I will have a link up shortly.
~ Have fun!!!

Here is a overhead map of the Ford. Study it hard a well.

zancudomap_zps196f5f7e.png

The main thing we need is organization. We need a plan. We need to figure out how we are going to take this fort down. We need a large group of skilled rifleman, talented flyers to take to the skies and an army of tanks.

The biggest thing is how we attack and what angle we come in at. Obviously the only way in is through the front gate, as that is the easiest access.

Here's my plan. The tanks are going to go in first, guns blazing. The rifleman will follow in quickly while the tanks provided support. Beware, tanks don't last too awful long so treat them with care.

After this the rifleman will need to steel military equipment. This means planes, tanks, trucks..basically anything you are closest too and can get your hands on. There is no priorities. Assuming tanks last this long, they should still be able to provided cover. This needs to be a swift and fast movement as we don't have much time before the tanks will catch fire and explode.

Meanwhile, we will need a small arsenal of fighter heliopters with missle launchers to provide air support when the rifleman and tanks are in the base. This will prove to be a tough task because you will need to take care of the enemy fighter jets and ground crew until our stolen planes are in the air and the fighter jets can come in and help provide support.

Snipers will be positioned from a small distance to pick off those the ground crew either can't get too or can't see and will cover basic support.

Once the planes are in the air, you'll have roughly 10-15 seconds to fly in with other fighter jets. You'll have to get these yourself in preparation for this mission. These planes will help provide support when making our getaway with fighter jets to ensure it they stay clean.

I am open to plan suggestions. If you have any, please speak up.

This will all need to be based on a timing system. Mic's are STRONGLY recommended otherwise this will be a nightmare :lol:

All who are intersted in participating, please post below with your PSN username. I will add you to the OP. Please remember it's first come, first serve. There are 16 slots. In the event that you cannot make the date we pick, you MUST inform us so we can setup a replacement in a timely manner. We've only got one shot at this.....ah to hell with it, we got as many shots as we can afford, but we need all the practice we can get for this to go smoothly. This will no doubt get hairy and we will lose a lot of guys in the process...

Here is the list of participants. When you sign up, please volunteer for your position you'd like to assume duty:

~ Rifleman (4)
~ Snipers (3)
~ Tank Brigade (4)
~ Helicopter Air Support (3)
~ Fighter Jet Air Support (2)

Participants:

Rifleman (Full)

~ Slashfan - slashfan7964
~ Katiegan - Katiegan
~ L8erBaby - L8erBaby

Snipers (Full)

~ dhandeh - dhandes
~ SVT Cobra GT - SVTlover
~ popcorn - clskier

Tank Support

~ CallMeDan - CallMeDan_
~ Cally00077 - Cally00077

Helicopter Support

Fighter Jet Air Support

~ Custom878 - Custom878

Lets all get out there and tear some 🤬 up!!!

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a structured mission involving the fort in GTA Online. It was in the gameplay trailer.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a structured mission involving the fort in GTA Online. It was in the gameplay trailer.

Yeah but it's not the same as us actually setting it up and doing it our own way with, more than likely a totally different objective. For all we know in the actual mission we could be stealing something secret. This is more or less to see how long we can survive.

The plan looks good but I think the helicopters should carry para-troppers with RPGs to flank the tanks on the base while they're shooting at the the people entering the front.

The plan looks good but I think the helicopters should carry para-troppers with RPGs to flank the tanks on the base while they're shooting at the the people entering the front.

The problem is I don't know if that is manageable with 16 players. We need as many ground forces as possible.

I will give it a go. Put me down as a sniper.

Gotcha.

I'm up for this. I'd prefer not to be part of Helicopter support as my chopper skills aren't exactly the best.

I'll join the sniper team and rifle team (if we have multiple attempts at this)

SVTlover

I take it we'll be buying some tanks online before going in to steal more? Or are we going to have to steal them, to steal more? :lol:

A few people with Miniguns would be a good idea, maybe have them go out behind the tanks and then the rest of the riflemen after. How about people using some of their own vehicles, with 100% upgraded armour? Some people could hitch a lift with these people and then go into the base after the tanks and use the cars as cover too. I'll be willing to use one of my own cars for this, probably the Sandking.

Put me down as a rifleman. PSN is Katiegan.

Someone needs to turn up in a golf cart.
:lol:
I take it we'll be buying some tanks online before going in to steal more? Or are we going to have to steal them, to steal more? :lol:

A few people with Miniguns would be a good idea, maybe have them go out behind the tanks and then the rest of the riflemen after. How about people using some of their own vehicles, with 100% upgraded armour? Some people could hitch a lift with these people and then go into the base after the tanks and use the cars as cover too. I'll be willing to use one of my own cars for this, probably the Sandking.

Put me down as a rifleman. PSN is Katiegan.

Gotcha thanks!! I agree, miniguns would be a great idea.

I'm up for this. I'd prefer not to be part of Helicopter support as my chopper skills aren't exactly the best.

I'll join the sniper team and rifle team (if we have multiple attempts at this)

SVTlover
Enlisted as a sniper =P

Next time I go online, I will add you. Put me on the rifle man!

EDIT: And what about an escape car(cars?) if hell gets too wild?

Next time I go online, I will add you. Put me on the rifle man!

EDIT: And what about an escape car(cars?) if hell gets too wild?

It will be up to the rifleman to bring them. That is how they are arriving.

Right now I'm limiting this to 3/4 people a position/slot until we get near 16 players and then we can move things around.

THE RIFLEMAN SLOT IS NOW FULL!

I saw that the Rifleman slot was full, and I'm a decent shot with a sniper rifle, so I'll hop on as a sniper. PSN is clskier.

Slash, I tried to add you, but your friends list was full. When you can get a chance, add me.

Slash, I tried to add you, but your friends list was full. When you can get a chance, add me.

Will do, haven't been on yet today. Just got home from a night out with the guys.

List updated!!

I might as well mention it now. I go on holiday for 2 weeks from October 10th. I'll be available up until then most evenings from 6pm GMT onwards up until 12am GMT.

I really wish there was an invincibility cheat, because I am going to go to the fort and study it. (Both from air and ground.)

I'd be up for this but I'm not the best at flying a helicopter of jet so tank it is! PSN-cahilldomination

Two questions:

Will friendly fire be off (If we can turn it off)? I don't want to kill people on my side on accident.

Will auto-aim be disabled? I haven't practiced free-aiming aside for the mission where
Michael trips balls on that messed-up weed and shoots aliens with a minigun, which doesn't allow you to lock on to enemies.

I know that I will be in a tank, which doesn't lock on, obviously, but since the tank apparently blows up easily, I need to have an escape plan, which will probably involve the use of shotguns, carbines, and probably a minigun.

Slash, I sent you a friend request.

Edit: I scouted the area
0_0.jpg

There might be an alternative way up. At the end of the runway, West side.

0_0.jpg

South entrance, there is a short road with nothing on it, and then all of the things come.

0_0.jpg

View of the area around the main entrance (North). Tanks go up and down the road in front of the entrance, may want to time it right.

0_0.jpg

View of the area that didn't get in the last picture.

0_0.jpg

Size of the base, at night from the atomic blimp.

Last edited:
If other people would prefer to be a rifleman, I'll be willing to change to a helicopter pilot. I'm not so good at flying planes yet, but I can handle a helicopter pretty decently. I have yet to pilot one in combat, however. :lol:

I can fill Katie's position, if necessary. I like driving fast cars. :dopey:

I will need a lot of cover to protect myself though. I'll need to study the map more though.

Bad news, guys. I watched a Rooster Teeth video on GTA V and they showed a metal fence at the front of the gate which makes it impossible to enter the base without using helicopters.

Back