GTA Online: Fort Zancudo FFA!!!

• Thread starter Slash
  • 69 comments
Bad news, guys. I watched a Rooster Teeth video on GTA V and they showed a metal fence at the front of the gate which makes it impossible to enter the base without using helicopters.

Yep, I tried it earlier on. You'll get the 4 star rating just fine, but you can't get into the base. Helicopters that would normally be sitting around offline no longer spawn either so I'm not sure it's possible to get into the base without progressing to a certain point first. Maybe it's possible to scale the fence using a large truck, though?

Yep, I tried it earlier on. You'll get the 4 star rating just fine, but you can't get into the base. Helicopters that would normally be sitting around offline no longer spawn either so I'm not sure it's possible to get into the base without progressing to a certain point first. Maybe it's possible to scale the fence using a large truck, though?

That is a possibility, but the only thing I can see happening is a tank coming over and blowing you up. I just don't think the original plan is possible anymore.

On the right hand side of the base(facing the entrance) there is a couple of cliff faces which you can use to jump over the metal fence! Any car will be able to make it :)

The one you will want to use as the jump, is the third ridge of the cliff(you will see what I mean, if you drive around the fence outline)

I'm going to have to withdraw from this. I go on holiday on Thursday and will spend most of tonight and tomorrow getting stuff ready and going to the pub on Wednesday.

I think I might have to withdraw as well. I have not been able to get online once since GTAO came out. In addition to my connectivity problems, I can't start GTAV while logged into PSN due to some error with the latest update. My game freezes during the opening artwork. It freezes my PS3 also, because I can't bring up the XMB with my controller.

I think I might have to withdraw as well. I have not been able to get online once since GTAO came out. In addition to my connectivity problems, I can't start GTAV while logged into PSN due to some error with the latest update. My game freezes during the opening artwork. It freezes my PS3 also, because I can't bring up the XMB with my controller.

I believe I had a similar problem when I had to download the patch - my PS3 would freeze when it tried to download the patch during startup. To fix it, I started up GTAV while not signed it to PSN, paused the game after I had spawned, signed in to PSN (which triggered the 'download patch' prompt) and installed the patch, and I don't think I've had any direct issues since.
Of course, there's still the issue of the cloud being almost constantly down...

In terms of the topic at hand, I'd apply to join if this wasn't my first ever console GTA game. And if I could set up a static IP for my PS3 so that I could reliably get online.

Well, I found a helicopter (won't say where in case some people consider that a spoiler but it's kind of obvious) and flew into Fort Zancudo; no Buzzards and no Lazers parked up at all. I didn't personally see any tanks but there was a loud bang while I was escaping which may have been a tank cannon firing or shell exploding. I didn't hang around though; just a quick low altitude fly-over for fear of being shot down. Then I was shot down anyway.

Have Cargobobs lift Rhinos into the base, then the Cargobob pilots will fly back to a pre-determined area and pick up Buzzards.

I would like a role if you still need people. I can drive a tank and jet well. I am useless in a heli though. I can snipe and fight in the rifleman role too if needs be.
Let me know what you think.

So are you guys thinking of bringing this back? If so I would gladly take apart. My though we could get a cargo bob to drop in tanks in the fort, and get a transport chopper to drop in the infantry at two different points. (But the points still close to each other). Also drop the sniper team ontop of the hangers as they can assist from there.

Tank rounds can reach the hangars. You'll have to put the snipers somewhere else.

If no one else does, I could host this whenever I get the chance.

We could eliminate the transport choppers entirely by having people on board the Cargobobs carrying the Rhinos. They can carry a lot of people.

We could eliminate the transport choppers entirely by having people on board the Cargobobs carrying the Rhinos. They can carry a lot of people.

Isn't the Cargobob misleading? I was led to believe it actually has a small capacity because people can't get in the back without glitching in.
The Annihilator carries 6 people, but I think all the other choppers carry 4.

Isn't the Cargobob misleading? I was led to believe it actually has a small capacity because people can't get in the back without glitching in.
The Annihilator carries 6 people, but I think all the other choppers carry 4.

Well, it did say it can hold 10 people including the pilot on the GTA Wiki. I would assume that means by players hitting triangle near the chopper would allow them to get in the back, not glitching into the back.

If this happened again, I would do this. I am a skilled rifle man and sniper. I have no tank but I am handy in a helicopter.

Within the Infantry we should have sub categories, like Heavy Gunner (RPG, LMG's, etc), Rifleman (Simple Assault rifle, low rank), Medic (Like if you die the only way to come back is if the medic hovers where you died for like 30 sec, and then you can come back. Make it more interesting.), Pilot/Engineer (They will steal the military vehicles and fly/drive them out, or at least till a cargo bob comes.). And break down the infantry into different squads for different targets.

I don't think the medic thing would work well like that, unless you can drop snacks to heal people?

I don't think the medic thing would work well like that, unless you can drop snacks to heal people?

I meant if you die don't just hop right back into the action. Wait around to the side because people don't just kamikaze.

So, we'll need:

2-3 Rhinos
1-2 Cargobobs
1 Buzzard
Armor piercing weapons (AP Pistol, Assault Shotgun, MG, etc.)
1 Minigun
1-2 Snipers
Riflemen
1-2 Lazer

Am I missing something?

So, we'll need:

2-3 Rhinos
1-2 Cargobobs
1 Buzzard
1 Minigun
1-2 Snipers
Riflemen
1-2 Lazer

Am I missing something?

Minigun is very unrealistic and shouldn't be included. My thoughts.

So, we'll need:

2-3 Rhinos
1-2 Cargobobs
1 Buzzard
1 Minigun
1-2 Snipers
Riflemen
1-2 Lazer

Am I missing something?
I have several of those guns, excluding the Minigun. Should we bring our tuned/armored cars if things start to mess up so some people outside can pick them up if needed?

Last edited:
Minigun is very unrealistic and shouldn't be included. My thoughts.
So is lifting a tank with a helicopter, breaking into a military base like it's nothing, buying military grade firearms and explosives at a hunting equipment store, and buying an attack chopper, a tank, and a military helicopter from the internet.

I just realized if enough people had access to the heist vehicles, (Insurgents, Valkyrie, maybe a Hydra) this might be able to be quite a fight. Have Insurgents and the Valkyrie do the hard work, have people on the ground with heavy weapons, and just try to last as long as possible.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about this. Yeah, it would be awesome to do this now! Have a small team of Armored Kurumas trolling tanks or attacking any Lazers attempting to take off. :lol:

The Kuruma is still vulnerable to explosives I think.

Yes, I sure know that all too well.

*Flashes back to getting #rekt by a Rhino at the base*

But anyway, the Kuruma is much faster than the Rhino's turret, so it will easily run circles around it.

Back