GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
In other news: the Rumpo Custom has one thing that the Gang Burrito doesn't have: it's an armored vehicle.
How well does it hold up?
Dan
Isn't that the definition of grinding in video games?
I think what he's trying to say is that it's not as tedious as it used to be. It's gonna be a grind regardless, but there's more ways to make decent cash these days.

How well does it hold up?

Similar to an executive armored car: 2 explosions and bulletproof glass. Probably with the added bonus of nobody knowing that you're driving an armored car.

EDIT: one explosion. Bulletproof glass still stands.

Bought one and tried it myself, along with 2k insurance for a van. Better this than 3k for a springed soccer mom van.

Last edited:
Right now I'm in a public lobby with @superstreet556 and @Marcus Garvey , who is transporting goods. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some CEO-stuff done, but the game tells me to go to a public lobby to access the SecuroServ network. Wich kind of sucks when I see them transporting cargo in the same lobby :confused:

And I'd really recommend riding in the backseat with @Katiegan during a heist :lol:;)
image.jpeg

I'm sorry, but I thought it looked to great to not be posted :lol: ;)

When you quit out the heist and re-boot the game, you now get a notification about becoming a bad sport for leaving early.

When you quit out the heist and re-boot the game, you now get a notification about becoming a bad sport for leaving early.

I got that the first time I did it, so that's not anything new ☺

And I'd really recommend riding in the backseat with @Katiegan during a heist :lol:;)View attachment 556688

It beats being in the rear seat with @e rikkie... pointing a gun at your face the whole time...an actual gun mind you!

I got that the first time I did it, so that's not anything new ☺

Somewhere in your stats is states you player status. It's either 'clean player', 'Dodgy player' or 'Bad sport' or something like that. If it's at dodgy then you may be on the cusp of bad sport. We will just keep taking turns at hosting as before and keep an eye on it.

Right now I'm in a public lobby with @superstreet556 and @Marcus Garvey , who is transporting goods. I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some CEO-stuff done, but the game tells me to go to a public lobby to access the SecuroServ network. Wich kind of sucks when I see them transporting cargo in the same lobby :confused:

And I'd really recommend riding in the backseat with @Katiegan during a heist :lol:;)
image-jpeg.556688

Nobody is wearing their seat-belt. That's dangerous.

I've got a few more questions regarding the new warehouse stuff if anyone can help...

1, if I buy a warehouse can I use it in a solo lobby to grind money?

2, I'm sitting on 2.5 million at the moment, is it worth spending it on a warehouse and will I be able to earn it back quickly?

3, in public lobbies do you lose money if other randoms destroy your cargo?

4, Basically is it more hassle than it's worth?

Thanks in advance. :)

I've got a few more questions regarding the new warehouse stuff if anyone can help...

2, I'm sitting on 2.5 million at the moment, is it worth spending it on a warehouse and will I be able to earn it back quickly?

AFAIK you can only use warehouses in public lobbies and if all your cargo gets destroyed you earn no money

1: No

2: No. It's an investment that'll take a loooong time to brake even.

3: Yes

4: Yes

I wish I'd stuck to my plan and wait with the purchase until I had more info about it. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd still have those millions in my bankaccount.

Last edited:
1: No

2: No. It's an investment that'll take a loooong time to brake even.

3: Yes

4: Yes

I wish I'd stuck to my plan and wait with the purchase until I had more info about it. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd still have those millions in my bankaccount.
That's what I was worried about. Didn't want to spend all my money and be left with something I didn't enjoy. Cheers :)

1, if I buy a warehouse can I use it in a solo lobby to grind money? --------------No

2, I'm sitting on 2.5 million at the moment, is it worth spending it on a warehouse and will I be able to earn it back quickly? ------- Maybe. To cover the cost a large warehouse you're going to have to turn it over 3+ times. After several hours I was *nearly* ready to turn it once, but then the value of whatever remaining cargo you have is reduced. (The more crates in the warehouse, the higher the per-crate sale price is).

3, in public lobbies do you lose money if other randoms destroy your cargo? ------Yes, but you can often spawn into your 'own' public lobby.

4, Basically is it more hassle than it's worth? ------- Probably. Doing a Sightseer/Mission alternating grind is still more profitable. Details below.

Here's the basics.

The more crates you have in your warehouse the more each sells for(they all sell as lot, though). - A little odd with regards to 'buying in bulk' principles.
The more crates you purchase at a time the more they cost, and correspondingly; the less profit you make.
For example, 1 crate costs $2k, 2 crates costs $4k, and 3 crates cost $18k. Keep in mind the more crates you have the more they sell for, so if you're in it to turn your warehouses over quickly this is the way to
go, although profits will be lower per crate.
You can lose crates to other players, blowing them up yourself, etc. I've yet to have any 'get away' but I suppose it's possible. I've blown one up and lost my $18k, though.
Your warehouse can be raided by NPCs, which most reports are that 3 crates are stolen if they succeed. You are notified, and apparently if you reach the warehouse being raided in time it's like a gangfight.

As for profitability, it depends. Doing the fastest method buying 3 crates at a time; filling a large warehouse will cost you $666k and take an estimated 6-7 hours to fill. You *might* be able to do it in 5 hours, but your efficiency is at the mercy of R* as certain pickups are more complicated/time consuming than others. I've yet to completely fill one, but if rumours and extrapolation are to be trusted it is looking like ~2.1-2.2mil in gross sales. Call it 1.5mil profit for 7 hours, without considering ammunition/Pegasis/Lester and all the other nickel and dime stuff. Figure maybe 200k net profit per hour if you filling large warehouses. This is all assuming you are quite efficient and have other players to speed up buying 3 crates at a time. If you do it alone 1 at a time, you will make more profit but take a LOT longer. Are you a day trader or looking to play long?

As well, throughout this process you make nothing as CEO, and in fact only spend money to fill your warehouses between buying crates, Pegasis, Lester, Dying, etc. You also assume some risk in being raided and/or having the crates you 'bought' stolen or destroyed. I use quotes on the 'bought' portion, as I think the implication is that you are buying leads(which explains the higher price for the bigger catch) as to where the merchandise will be to *steal*. Much like Simeone's repossessions, if you were 'buying' stuff from the Lost or similar they wouldn't be attacking you for stuff you paid for.

IMO and IME, the old Sightseer/mission alternating grind is better for immediate cash. I will have to turn over my warehouses about 9 times before I break even on the warehouse and office costs alone. I haven't upgraded my delivery vehicles, so that number could potentially increase. I expect that it will be WEEKS before I make a profit, but I have a cool lounge to hang out in that is now filled with furs, pills, coke, gold, counterfeit cash, cash, guns, champagne, cartons of cigarettes, etc. Lastly, the 'associates' only get their periodic salary like VIP(although it's $10k once you complete 10 buying missions) whereas with sightseer everyone gets paid at the time of completion. As such, I will gather 3 packs of crates when others are around, but I expect that primarily I will slowly fill my warehouses picking up one at a time going forward when I'm alone. FWIW, I bought my 'Lounge' without much anticipation of doing CEO activities but rather as another place to relax in style. However, after trying some of the stuff it's not terrible and it is something new to play with. Like most of R* updates, in short term the update is designed to be a net loser for players' accounts unless you grind the snot out of it. Like the VIP and previous they released it such that you can easily spend $20mil and you'll be playing for months to recoup it. I've spent somewhere around $17mil on this one and haven't bought a single one of the new cars yet.

1, if I buy a warehouse can I use it in a solo lobby to grind money? --------------No

2, I'm sitting on 2.5 million at the moment, is it worth spending it on a warehouse and will I be able to earn it back quickly? ------- Maybe. To cover the cost a large warehouse you're going to have to turn it over 3+ times. After several hours I was *nearly* ready to turn it once, but then the value of whatever remaining cargo you have is reduced. (The more crates in the warehouse, the higher the per-crate sale price is).

3, in public lobbies do you lose money if other randoms destroy your cargo? ------Yes, but you can often spawn into your 'own' public lobby.

4, Basically is it more hassle than it's worth? ------- Probably. Doing a Sightseer/Mission alternating grind is still more profitable. Details below.

Here's the basics.

The more crates you have in your warehouse the more each sells for(they all sell as lot, though). - A little odd with regards to 'buying in bulk' principles.
The more crates you purchase at a time the more they cost, and correspondingly; the less profit you make.
For example, 1 crate costs $2k, 2 crates costs $4k, and 3 crates cost $18k. Keep in mind the more crates you have the more they sell for, so if you're in it to turn your warehouses over quickly this is the way to
go, although profits will be lower per crate.
You can lose crates to other players, blowing them up yourself, etc. I've yet to have any 'get away' but I suppose it's possible. I've blown one up and lost my $18k, though.
Your warehouse can be raided by NPCs, which most reports are that 3 crates are stolen if they succeed. You are notified, and apparently if you reach the warehouse being raided in time it's like a gangfight.

As for profitability, it depends. Doing the fastest method buying 3 crates at a time; filling a large warehouse will cost you $666k and take an estimated 6-7 hours to fill. You *might* be able to do it in 5 hours, but your efficiency is at the mercy of R* as certain pickups are more complicated/time consuming than others. I've yet to completely fill one, but if rumours and extrapolation are to be trusted it is looking like ~2.1-2.2mil in gross sales. Call it 1.5mil profit for 7 hours, without considering ammunition/Pegasis/Lester and all the other nickel and dime stuff. Figure maybe 200k net profit per hour if you filling large warehouses. This is all assuming you are quite efficient and have other players to speed up buying 3 crates at a time. If you do it alone 1 at a time, you will make more profit but take a LOT longer. Are you a day trader or looking to play long?

As well, throughout this process you make nothing as CEO, and in fact only spend money to fill your warehouses between buying crates, Pegasis, Lester, Dying, etc. You also assume some risk in being raided and/or having the crates you 'bought' stolen or destroyed. I use quotes on the 'bought' portion, as I think the implication is that you are buying leads(which explains the higher price for the bigger catch) as to where the merchandise will be to *steal*. Much like Simeone's repossessions, if you were 'buying' stuff from the Lost or similar they wouldn't be attacking you for stuff you paid for.

IMO and IME, the old Sightseer/mission alternating grind is better for immediate cash. I will have to turn over my warehouses about 9 times before I break even on the warehouse and office costs alone. I haven't upgraded my delivery vehicles, so that number could potentially increase. I expect that it will be WEEKS before I make a profit, but I have a cool lounge to hang out in that is now filled with furs, pills, coke, gold, counterfeit cash, cash, guns, champagne, cartons of cigarettes, etc. Lastly, the 'associates' only get their periodic salary like VIP(although it's $10k once you complete 10 buying missions) whereas with sightseer everyone gets paid at the time of completion. As such, I will gather 3 packs of crates when others are around, but I expect that primarily I will slowly fill my warehouses picking up one at a time going forward when I'm alone. FWIW, I bought my 'Lounge' without much anticipation of doing CEO activities but rather as another place to relax in style. However, after trying some of the stuff it's not terrible and it is something new to play with. Like most of R* updates, in short term the update is designed to be a net loser for players' accounts unless you grind the snot out of it. Like the VIP and previous they released it such that you can easily spend $20mil and you'll be playing for months to recoup it. I've spent somewhere around $17mil on this one and haven't bought a single one of the new cars yet.
Marcus what a fantastic explanation. More than R* have mentioned. I'm happy to keep grinding the VIP stuff. I'm a few hours here and there type of player so by the sound of it, it would take me weeks and weeks to fill a warehouse and earn some money.

It's something I'll look into further down the line I guess. Thanks for the indepth info.

Top guy!

Looks like the whole business office stuff sounds pretty boring. Guess I'll just need to find a GTP squad that's spamming alternating Sightseer and Trash Talk for moolah.

I really need to get back to being active on this game. Damn you Forza 6.

Looks like the whole business office stuff sounds pretty boring. Guess I'll just need to find a GTP squad that's spamming alternating Sightseer and Trash Talk for moolah.

I really need to get back to being active on this game. Damn you Forza 6.

What are the objectives in Sightseer? I've grinded the hell out of Trash Talk in the past, but I'm not familiar with Sightseer.

Dan
What are the objectives in Sightseer? I've grinded the hell out of Trash Talk in the past, but I'm not familiar with Sightseer.

The VIP has to do a number of hacking challenges to collect 3 packages around the map before the competition gets them. I've done them before when other people were VIPs and I was just riding shotgun.

Dan
You have 15 minutes to collect 3 packages. You get around 23 grand on average. Takes about 7/8 minutes if you use a Hydra or a helicopter

The VIP has to do a number of hacking challenges to collect 3 packages around the map before the competition gets them. I've done them before when other people were VIPs and I was just riding shotgun.

You have 15 minutes to collect 3 packages. You get around 23 grand on average. Takes about 7/8 minutes if you use a Hydra or a helicopter

Do you need to have a crew/be in an organization?

I've been searching for an upside in the CEO stuff, and, while I'm not sure about the consoles, PC users have started an actual co-operation amongst players in free roam with this new DLC.

In the couple of rooms I've been in today (with me trying to get the Rumpo Custom on Tuggy the Tugster), the chat feed has been with actual chat you see in a good MMO. You have organizations looking out for each other while they do their transfer work, with things around the city like colored Insurgents, helicopters and jets. And to top it off: I've never seen Hydras in the sky not shooting down each other before! It's a sight!

Dan
Do you need to have a crew/be in an organization?
No, you just need to be the VIP. You can do it solo, in a private room.

I always alternated between Sightseer, and Hostile takeover(Altruist Camp) Use the buzzard for both, takes no time. Easy money.

treed

What do you have to do for headhunter? I haven't tried it yet.

Eliminate 4 armored cars that roam the streets.

So, your mission, since you accepted it anyways, is to kill these wandering pests and take out a certain person in the convoy in under 15 minutes, or YOU LOSE. A car will have 3 armed bodyguards, but with an unarmed VIP. You can kill the VIP and leave the bodyguards to expire.

Really: just a mix of VIP and an added difficulty version from the 2nd half of Mixed Up With Coke.

It rivals Sightseer in good quick money without an overly long cooldown, but if you have something like the Buzzard.

Back