GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by dhandeh, Sep 25, 2013.

1. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

[​IMG]

To save the main GTA V thread getting a bit messy with single player and online discussion, here is a thread for the online side of the game.

Useful Links
    Rockstar Social Club
    GTP GTA Friend Request Thread
    The Crazy 88 Crew
    GTPlanet Crew
    AMVI - The Bounty Hunters - Crew
    Los Santos Off Road Club
    Role Play Events
    Job Payout Table
    Apartment views and prices
    GTA Vehicles

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    BenMillard likes this.
  2. DK

DK Premium

3. Luminis

Luminis

Pretty cool idea, but I feel that the map is just too massive for that sort of gameplay to really work. If the fugitive made his way to a secluded area with little to no pedestrians (and kept on moving around there), he'd be practically impossible to spot, no? I could see it working in a game like GTA IV, which has few of these areas... But with V's massive wilderness?

4. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

It would be ruined by jumping in a sub, and sitting at the bottom of the sea for 7 hours!

5. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

6. Ryanswannell

Ryanswannell

Does anyone know what time (GMT) GTAOnline will be up and running? I'm sure it will be almost unplayable anyway during the first few days, but I've gotta at least give it a go :p

Also, are there any major differences between this and the SP segment of the game, such as more interiors etc.?

7. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

8. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

Hopefully the first few days it is playable. I expect a few glitches here and there but as long as it's working I will be happy.

9. Waheed

Waheed Premium

Some people on twitter are saying it will unlock at midnight, is this true?

10. DK

DK Premium

I'm so glad I finished my maths assignment for this week. :D

11. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

Well done, it should be Math Damon. :sly:

12. Waheed

Waheed Premium

Rockstar just posted an article, online will unlock at 7AM ET (or they think)

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ne-details-game-day-access-info-and-more.html

pawan pandey likes this.
  13. CVPI93

CVPI93 Premium

I've just made a new crew; The Midnight Outlaws. We specialize in illegal street racing, as well as vehicle repossessions, drug and vehicle trafficking, and organized heists. Our gang colors are dark blue, white, black, and silver. The only mandatory color you have to have is dark blue. The others are optional.
    Here's a link if you guys are interested:
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/the_midnight_outlaws

14. Dan

Dan Premium

I can't wait to do some Bounty Hunting! When a player steals your wallet or kills you multiple times, you can place a bounty on their head and you get paid for killing them. I can see this having a problem though, if word gets around that a certain person is doing this a lot, then he'll become a huge target.

pawan pandey likes this.
  15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Anyone know to what extent the property selection will be like online? Seeing lots of for sale signs around town.

16. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

Latest Rockstar online news,

If anyone isn't a social club member already, I suggest you sign up as you could have John Marston as a relation!

17. ND4SPD

ND4SPD Premium

So is the GTPlanet Crew PS3 only?

18. KM964

KM964

My face in anticipation of GTAO.
    [​IMG]

pawan pandey likes this.
  19. dhandeh

dhandeh Premium

Has anyone tried online yet?

20. shepzki

shepzki Premium

I'm trying to download the update, although I get the prompt it is currently just sitting on a black screen doing nothing, I am guessing that is down to the high server load.

21. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

Does anyone know if the update also includes bug fixes, etc. for offline?

22. Snapey

Snapey

Well the xbox version of the game is having issues with completing the tutorial, as there is a race you must complete and there is a issue with connecting to players.

It has to be excepted however, as I'm sure there is over 1 million people trying to play at the same time! I guess I just gotta keep trying!

23. Snapey

Snapey

Not sure, but the download size was 58MB so there could be some fixes. But I'm sure they would have been mentioned on the R* website if there were any fixes.

24. Dean

Dean Premium

The update is only 39 (58?) MB, so I don't think it includes any offline fixes... :p

pawan pandey likes this.
  25. FahrerGott

FahrerGott

Got the DL done but won't load the T&C so can't do much. Lots of problems all around not much chance of even getting into the MP at all for now.

26. Snapey

Snapey

Yeah, atleast R* pretty much said to not expect anything to work smoothly for the next couple of days/weeks.

At least this gives me some time to 100% the offline game, as once the online is out, I can't see me playing offline at all!

27. Maccer_42

Maccer_42

I can't seem to update my game, PS3 just blackscreens one I start the update, and PS3 controller wont respond, On/Off button wont either :scared: had to pull the power cord.

I think I might wait a little while before I try and update.

Edit: Nevermind, I did the update in game instead of before loaded and it worked now.

28. Kitten

Kitten

Yes.

29. Peasantslayer

Peasantslayer

my character looks like John Marston and my shirt has the gtplanet logo on it :) shame it keeps crashing though.

30. Pebb

Pebb

While I have been able to connect to GTA Online a few times, I have only stumbled into this problem:

*Go to the race trigger

And to me it sounded like, I need to steal car to start the event. However after stealing a car, nothing happened at the location of the race.