GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
100k for a skin!
cash-cow-300x306.jpg

Just found out today via my GTAV crew's Kik group that two of the most mod popular menus used on jailbroken PS3s got shut down. Going to be interesting to find out if it's temporary or permanent. My crew leader (one of the modders in the group) was on earlier today and said the usual amount of cheating douchebaggery that occurs on the past gen was extremely reduced since most of the people with modded accounts can't rely upon their modders for backup when they get their asses kicked by people that actually know how to play the game.

I'm personally looking forward to it since it was at the point that we'd get 3-5 modders a day that spawn in being assholes. I should be able to use the account linked to GTP for once since I had to retire it with all the modded accounts and fight fire with fire (my own modded account). Not going to be a hard transition at all for me, and my legit account has a higher k/d than the modded one I've played recently anyway.

Just found out today via my GTAV crew's Kik group that two of the most mod popular menus used on jailbroken PS3s got shut down. Going to be interesting to find out if it's temporary or permanent. My crew leader (one of the modders in the group) was on earlier today and said the usual amount of cheating douchebaggery that occurs on the past gen was extremely reduced since most of the people with modded accounts can't rely upon their modders for backup when they get their asses kicked by people that actually know how to play the game.

I'm personally looking forward to it since it was at the point that we'd get 3-5 modders a day that spawn in being assholes. I should be able to use the account linked to GTP for once since I had to retire it with all the modded accounts and fight fire with fire (my own modded account). Not going to be a hard transition at all for me, and my legit account has a higher k/d than the modded one I've played recently anyway.

It's weird that they shut down the mod menus for PS3. I thought they no longer supported last gen besides keep the servers running.

Dan
It's weird that they shut down the mod menus for PS3. I thought they no longer supported last gen besides keep the servers running.
They can't support via updates or adding content. They never stopped the regular support for the game.

Found some more info regarding the online mod menus being shut down. It sounds like Take Two made these menus shut down and also forced them to donate their earnings to charity. They should shut down online menus 3 years ago instead of doing it now, but oh well.

Link to the article here.

I'm tempted to say it's about damn time R* and T2 pointed their CaD cannon at the tools that actually work online.

Still doesn't excuse the offline-only OpenIV.

For those who are already in the Social Club, do we also get it automatically the moment we start playing GTA Online?

-----------------------
Recently started playing this game once again and i noticed all the new stuff that been added to Gun Running or whatever they call it. Looked at the price and NOPE, $2+ millions for a single thing. Not gonna buy them at all.

What's the best way to earn money?

For those who are already in the Social Club, do we also get it automatically the moment we start playing GTA Online?

-----------------------
Recently started playing this game once again and i noticed all the new stuff that been added to Gun Running or whatever they call it. Looked at the price and NOPE, $2+ millions for a single thing. Not gonna buy them at all.

I didn't get mine right away it's probably random (before July 4). Also the best way is Pacific Standard Heist with the biker/military business on the side.

Also has anyone else noticed how the Cheval Fugitive is like how a real Impala should be? It has a roaring V8 and it's RWD. Would be cool to have a real super muscle sedan based on the VF Commodore HSV GTS R in the game. Perhaps it could just be a souped up Fugitive. I think it deserves more love even though it's a bit on the slower side. Maybe even a ute version.

Last edited:
Businesses, bunkers, and vehicle warehouses are the best ways to make cash solo, but you obviouslly need to purchase the appropriate properties first. They will definitely pay off in the end, but you'll still need to invest a decent amount of time until you start making progress. Not a big issue for those who play consistently, but new or returning players are gonna be way behind everyone else.

Businesses, bunkers, and vehicle warehouses are the best ways to make cash solo, but you obviouslly need to purchase the appropriate properties first. They will definitely pay off in the end, but you'll still need to invest a decent amount of time until you start making progress. Not a big issue for those who play consistently, but new or returning players are gonna be way behind everyone else.
I do have CEO and Warehouse for both Vehicles and other goods. I still don't have Bunkers tho.

I'll probably end up buying a bunker and MOC just to have them like with the CEO AND MC stuff.

Not sure how I'm going to get from 150k to them yet though.

TL;DR, Cars with the downforce stat were reported to be slower after the update with downforce being broken. As it turns out, these cars (RE-7B, Itali GTB Custom, etc.) now need a custom spoiler for downforce to work as before

I do have CEO and Warehouse for both Vehicles and other goods. I still don't have Bunkers tho.
Personally, I'd just alternate between CEO jobs, and selling high-end cars until you make your way towards the millions. If you have a biker business, I would have that running in the background. Do not purchase the Paleto Bay bunker for obvious reasons.

full

With the hubbub on GTA V modding happening, I couldn't take a look on these new performance toys until a couple of hours ago. While it's not much from me, but here's someplayadude's first impressions!

full

After class related disappointment from the Seven-70, Dewbauchee has a super, and lo and behold: it's based off the Valkyrie. When will we get the Super GT? Ehh.. insert Kaz meme here I guess.

One thing I can mention about this is it's overkill performance for a 2WD. It's probably safe to say it's an easier to everything variant of the RE-7B. I've heard it's the new king of the Super class, but we'll have to wait for that. It's pretty similar to the X80 in shape, but without the flaws. That makes it a buy for me, definitely!

full

This is the car made for the Lynx drivers.

Has R* decided to amp it up to eleven and unleash the XA-21, based off the Regera and the C-X75. What makes this car stand out is the sound. After a single rev, I think are wet is my pants :D

It's got typical top level super performance, so there's nothing to add. But one thing to add is that if you wanna race this, change the engine bay, since it's considered a spoiler and adds traction. Odd, huh? Also even odder, you can change the engine from a V12 to a V8. No it does nothing.

The stock rims color works similar to the Ruston: primary decides the centre, LSC app wheel glitch changes the spokes. (picture has silver primary, with black spokes)

full

The iconic Countach put in GTA. A similar beast to the Infernus Classic, the Torero is just a lighter, smaller, and friendlier in relation. I'd say it can contest with the Stirling and Turismo Classic, but maybe as a rival to it's larger brother.

That's all, really. Oh, and the customization made me so happy when I can make it look like the Countach from the Cannonball Run with a nose wing option! That, and if you liked that one time Lamborghini made a homologated racing Countach.. the Torero has that option as well!

full

The Turismo Classic be shaking,
for here be Sports Classics new king.

Obviously a Testarossa, this car seems to have performance that I think blasts the Turismo Classic out of the sky. I didn't check if it's 4WD or 2WD, but one thing: it felt amazing, and it stuck to the road so nicely.. I need it.

The customization also stands out. How? Well, there are I think a whopping 19 spoiler options, including a little lip.

full

No, you can't use the Ardent as a sub.

I tried.

But it's also about time we get an Esprit in GTA. I'm a big fan of that Lotus model in particular. Performance wise, it's like the Turismo Classic, but has great traction.

This car lacks in customization, but it has all the tools on what version of the final gen Esprit you want. I'm sure you also saw the massive choices in engine bays, but eh, it's not for me.

The way the weapons work with this is unique: you have access to your handheld weapons with this alongside the built machine gun option. It's selected similar to how you would change weapons in a car.

full

First thing: This is not an SUV, but an Offroad vehicle.

Drive wise, it's Insurgent 2.0. Great acceleration stands out. It also handles well. But it doesn't matter when Off Road is ruled by bikes.

Now what's unique is the armor plating. I think, based on the name of the customization that the car's options is relevant to what you put on. You can put on those Armored Kuruma like windows and eliminate use of drive-bys, or have them off the truck altogether. You can have those armored plating, and they even say MK.1 to MK.3, probably meaning defense addition? It has a tow hook to help with dragging that million dollar AA gun, and in built machine guns.

Sounds like the Insurgent is fired. Well, at least the Insurgent is cheaper.

Stock rim color is LSC app glitch changeable.

HD motion photos coming soon.. just have to get my mods up to speed.

Last edited:
That Cheetah, Torero and Ardent... hnnng.

Why must this game pull me back in every time I think I'm done?

Latest Posts

Back