GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
Ken
I logged in and R* awarded me with $100000. I'm not complaining, but I am curious as to why.

Rockstar is having a Tax Refund and Rebate.

I got nothing :lol:

On a happier note, I finally got my import export business up and running

I love it.

GTPL & Associates Car Show

Friday 2/23/18

Room will be open by 9PM EST, with gathering to begin between 930-10PM EST

Current plans are to host in the same 'private' public lobby that I usually have going. If that appears to pose a problem, alternatives will be explored at that time. Show location will be at the Santa Monica pier parking lot. The lot on the pier, not adjacent. This will be a low energy, relaxed car show. There are no vehicle restrictions. If you want the world to know you're the kind of person who rocks gold leaf and dollar signs, have at it. I won't stop anyone from making fun, though. This is, as everything I've hosted; a peaceful gathering. Don't 🤬 around. I'm a pretty lazy individual, so if there is any outrageous clowning towards other players, superstreet has permission to kill the perpetrator until they are dead.

All are welcome, no invites necessary.

Room is open. This is a 'private' public session. Right now, that is. We'll see how it goes an adapt from there. For folks unaware, you can join through the Pause menu by going to the Online tab, Crews/My Crews/GTPlanet/View Members and from there you can select my name and 'join game' to join the session.

Room is open. This is a 'private' public session. Right now, that is. We'll see how it goes an adapt from there. For folks unaware, you can join through the Pause menu by going to the Online tab, Crews/My Crews/GTPlanet/View Members and from there you can select my name and 'join game' to join the session.

I take it the show is over?

Today I learned a new tactic for the prison break setup where you steal the Vellum. You can climb up the silo just east of the airfield and get an excellent sniping position.

Is anyone playing right now and trying to make money? I'm low level since I bought the PS4 a few months after the import character was unavailable, so having to start rock bottom sucks.

Is anyone playing right now and trying to make money? I'm low level since I bought the PS4 a few months after the import character was unavailable, so having to start rock bottom sucks.

I can sympathize. I just picked up the game after a year plus absence. Unfortunately, I'm on Xbox. Just keep grinding.

Was the Hustler the last car of the drip feed? I absolutely love it :bowdown:

Any hints for a new update?

I wonder if the SR letters in Comet SR mean Spoiler Removed as to my eyes, it's almost identical to the original comet.

They could have just added a remove spoiler option to the comet in LSC.

The SR is more of a track-oriented version of the Comet, as indicated by the redesigned front grille redirecting more air to the front brakes and the scaffolding in the back. Think of it more as a Comet GT3 RS (hence the name).

..but it's a track car where you can take the spoiler off..

..which you can't do on the road version..

..despite said road version not having a spoiler in GTA IV..

R* Logic is a powerful thing.

Does anyone know what determines the payout on Headhunter? I’ve been grinding it lately and have noticed that it does not seem to be based on the time you use but rather the distance you cover.

I’m finding conflicting information on the web. I guess it has been changed in an update?

Does anyone know what determines the payout on Headhunter? I’ve been grinding it lately and have noticed that it does not seem to be based on the time you use but rather the distance you cover.

I’m finding conflicting information on the web. I guess it has been changed in an update?

I've never seen headhunter vary by more than a few k.

Been a long time since I played, but I found that a 5 minute Headhunter paid $20k, and every minute longer than that, added another $500.

I did a buttload of solo grinding HH and Sightseer, and I always shot for 5 minutes, using a Buzzard of course.

I've never seen headhunter vary by more than a few k.
The range seems to be 20-25k. That's 25% extra with little or no time penalty.
MMX
Been a long time since I played, but I found that a 5 minute Headhunter paid $20k, and every minute longer than that, added another $500.
It's definitely not time based currently. I've seen 20k after 12 minutes and 25k after 6 minutes.
MMX
I did a buttload of solo grinding HH and Sightseer, and I always shot for 5 minutes, using a Buzzard of course.
That's what I'm doing as well but I aim for 8-9 minutes to avoid dead time in cool down.

I’ve had Headhunter runs under 2 mins and they also payed around 20-21K, But I might have a way of testing the distance theory.

It’ll go something like this, One run will be me in a Buzzard where I kill 3 targets whilst taking the shortest possible route (preferably both mobile targets) and then wait near the final target until a certain time (like 7 minutes) then kill him and note the payout.

That’ll be the control test and the agreed upon time for both tests is to factor in the payout for taking longer to complete the event.

Second time around will be in a Deluxo, again I’ll kill 3 targets (again preferably both mobile targets), but then I’ll do the super speed glitch with the Deluxo and fly across the map until it’s the near the certain time and then head back and kill the final target and note the payout.

IF the distance theory is true, the distance I cover in the Deluxo would mean the payout should be much more than the Buzzard attempt. ;)

Back when the 'head hunter with no cooldown' exploit was up, me and another GTP member were doing 45-sec head hunter sessions with 2 savages. The money was raining down. I think we each earned about 1.5M/hr...ah those were the days.

The payout was still above 20k even with sub-minute runs.

..hang on. Gunrunning value is DOUBLED?

..I don't always gif, but this calls for one.

giphy.gif

Hang on, that guy stole my "Business" outfit!

also 25% off Lazer - can recommend for experienced pilots looking for a challenge.

also 30% off MOC cabs = if you have an Avenger, you might as well get yourself that extra garage spot. I know I did last time, and you're getting it a few pennies cheaper now.

Last edited:
What exactly did they do to the Comet SR to make it worth a million dollars more than the standard Comet?

Gave it a facelift, new mods, ability to remove spoiler and (I'm guessing as I haven't driven it yet) better performance.

With the dripfeed over, this could mean a new update is going to come within the next two weeks. Take advantage of that 2x bunker manufacturing while you can.

Gave it a facelift, new mods, ability to remove spoiler and (I'm guessing as I haven't driven it yet) better performance.

Most of the new mods are just repainting some surfaces and removing the wing. Shouldn't be one million dollars for that :P

200 k would have been reasonable, given that the standard version is 100 k.

..yes, but it wouldn't sell as many Shark Cards if it was only $200,000, now would it?

also the Comet SR takes 2nd on Broughy's Power Lap Board, beaten by only the Pariah.. but by a second.

ALSO also Kotaku article on the GTAV/GTAO timeline because let's bring that paradox of Terminator-like proportions back up.

Right, I feel that I oughta bring something up, something that more or less explains everything, especially the Pariah, but something that I've found nobody mentions. after the original source video I've found back when every dripfeed car was still locked behind dripfeed.
Thing is, back then there was this video, which, if you can understand past the buggy-sounding voice changer and thick accent all the while having enough patience to listen between 3 and 1,5 hours depending on the speedup you watch the video with, mentions that
The Pariah, along with the Deluxo, the Hermes, the Hustler and the Yosemite, instead of having their level 1-4 engine upgrades go from 25% to 50, 75, and 100% like every other normal car, have their upgrades go from 50%, to 100%, 200% and 400%
And you can tell that it's the case when adding the upgrades too, the acceleration increase that is shown is significantly bigger than with the non-affected cars, compare the Comet SR's engine upgrades in the video compared to the Pariah or the Deluxo, as well as the Pariah and the Yosemite being up there in terms of Broughy laptimes, with the Hermes' and the Hustler's disadvantages instead stemming from a lack of traction.
It also made the fact that Broughy claimed that the Pariah and the SC1's classes were swapped by accident seem very egregious.
I do also think there might have been a car or few in the update that instead had a 200% level 4 upgrade, but at the time I was paying more attention to the 400% cars in the video, so I don't remember anything the 200%ers.

Back