GTA Online Thread (Useful Links in OP)

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 42,329 comments
I ignore it until I want to hang out there, as engaging in some lf my favourite pasttimes requires a certain level of popularity for them to be available.

My usual tactic if I know I'll be hanging out there with friends is to leave my guy dancing in the club for a bit while I am off doing things round the garden. When I return the popularity will max at 50% from the dancing alone. From there I will simply change DJs several times until I reach the desired popularity. In the end, the boost in daily pay more than covers the cost of rebooking the DJs. By the time the popularity meter dwindles I usually end up with ~$20k in profit(after dj and misc expenses) so it isn't a money maker but allows me to hang out in a populated club without spending time or money.

Managed to complete a round of sightseer on my Whippet Race Bike. :lol:

The first package was a quite long 4 miles away so I thought it wasn't gonna happen. Thankfully the Whippet has an optimistically high top speed (has anyone clocked it? Surely it does 30mph or so) and my wordless character has Olympian indelible endurance. The second and third packages were 1.5mi and 2mi from each other, respectively. I finished with about 2 minutes to spare.

It's a shame there aren't more clothing items that are bicycle oriented. I guess that's not in the cards when there are flying motorcycles, mach v racers, orbital cannons, stealth helicopters, and batmobiles....good lord what has GTA become. GTA VI better come down to earth, at least to start with, after this nonsense.

Managed to complete a round of sightseer on my Whippet Race Bike. :lol:

The first package was a quite long 4 miles away so I thought it wasn't gonna happen. Thankfully the Whippet has an optimistically high top speed (has anyone clocked it? Surely it does 30mph or so) and my wordless character has Olympian indelible endurance. The second and third packages were 1.5mi and 2mi from each other, respectively. I finished with about 2 minutes to spare.

It's a shame there aren't more clothing items that are bicycle oriented. I guess that's not in the cards when there are flying motorcycles, mach v racers, orbital cannons, stealth helicopters, and batmobiles....good lord what has GTA become. GTA VI better come down to earth, at least to start with, after this nonsense.

You know what, I haven't ridden my bicycles since last gen I think. I might have a little ride tonight.

It's a big shame that rockstar has undermined a lot of the more nuanced/subtle attributes of their own game by trying to create ever more ludicrous gameplay elements.

I really miss GTA San Andreas depth of role playing. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a dynamic character model in GTA Online? Go to the Gym and get ripped or eat a lot of Clukin' Bell and get super fat. I really don't care about more supercars....honestly 3 or 4 total is plenty. They all drive basically the same anyways.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. More recreational activities would be great. Skateboarding, football (soccer), camping and all sorts of other things.

But knowing R* they'd weaponize the skateboard and tent and they'd cost 3 million each.

“In order to use a Tent, you must purchase an RV MOC and find a suitable Campground location.”

“This area is not a suitable Campground.”

“[Player name] is attempting to make a Campfire. Extinguish it to earn GTA$ and RP.”

“To produce S’mores, you must acquire Marshmallows, Chocolate, and Graham Crackers. Visit Lester at [L] to begin your setup missions.”

Dan
“In order to use a Tent, you must purchase an RV MOC and find a suitable Campground location.”

“[Player name] is attempting to make a Campfire. Extinguish it to earn GTA$ and RP.”

“To produce S’mores, you must acquire Marshmallows, Chocolate, and Graham Crackers. Visit Lester at [L] to begin your setup missions.”
That's 100% how it'd be haha

Dan

That's 100% how it'd be haha

The sad thing is it's true. When you think about it, the Zirconium Journey Custom really is the obvious next step, especially when paired with the brand new Stromberg MKII - it now swims AND flies, for all your totally-not-a-"new-and-creative-way-of-murdering-anything-that-moves" recreational needs!!1!

Also Yacht MKII aka Mobile Operations Boat, which is basically the same as the original except it's smaller, less visually impressive, has mountable railgun cannons and a garage to store all your weaponised Seasharks, Marquis and Tug.

seriously though a weaponised Tug would be kind of interesting

I've said it before and I'll say it again. More recreational activities would be great. Skateboarding, football (soccer), camping and all sorts of other things.

But knowing R* they'd weaponize the skateboard and tent and they'd cost 3 million each.

They should add the ability to buy computer games for the computers in game. Imagine playing a GTA satire version of GTA within GTA! Of course you'd have to rob some banks to afford the virtual shark cards (or buy actual shark cards to buy the virtual ones with), and there could be missions to source components for a better PC, etc...

For 10,000,000 GTA dollars you can hire a crew of hackers to grant you access to cheats in the virtual GTA for a limited time.

They should add the ability to buy computer games for the computers in game. Imagine playing a GTA satire version of GTA within GTA! Of course you'd have to rob some banks to afford the virtual shark cards (or buy actual shark cards to buy the virtual ones with), and there could be missions to source components for a better PC, etc...

For 10,000,000 GTA dollars you can hire a crew of hackers to grant you access to cheats in the virtual GTA for a limited time.
Great idea that. Being able to play the old GTA games in your apartment/office.

..as novel as the idea of playing old R* titles directly from your GTA Online is (PS Home? Is that you?), I don't see that happening ever.

Let's play with the idea of GTA Online surviving until the next generation of consoles, which, all things considered, is more likely than not. Now, say that you can play the 20th Anniversary edition of San Andreas in your Journey Custom. Then what incentive will you have to buy it separately for the console? And what if we throw the 20th Anniversary editions of GTA III and Vice City into the mix as well?

And that's before we get into the fun and engaging topic of how R* would need to emulate them and how it's far easier to just make a Packer Custom, a trailer and a Scramjet MKV and price that at a billion GTA$ - a piece.

The Menacer has silently been added for $1,775,000.

Just the discounts that I saw:

Legendary Motorsports:

Cheval Taipan: $1,386,000
Overflow Autarch: $1,368,000
Coil Cyclone: $1,323,000
Pegassi Reaper: $1,116,000

Warstock:

Thruster: $1,925,000 (trade price)
P-45 Nokota: $1,396,000 (trade price)
RM-10 Bombushka: $2,670,000 (trade price)

Southern San Andreas Super Autos:

Lampadati Michelli GT: $857,000

In addition, some Nightclubs have gotten discounts, notably the cheapest one at the docks is among those, but extras don't seem to be discounted.

Late to the party but the Scramjet is fun and I can't wait to give people a taste of Princess Robot Bubblegum + Pink Neon + Pink Tire Smoke. :P

Overall After Hours expenses are getting dangerously close to $30 million.

Late to the party but the Scramjet is fun and I can't wait to give people a taste of Princess Robot Bubblegum + Pink Neon + Pink Tire Smoke. :P

Overall After Hours expenses are getting dangerously close to $30 million.

Or $375 in cold hard USD if purchased via shark cards. :eek:

So here's a fun fact I've discovered.

Apparently in the Nightclub mission where you have to get the Stafford off of the car trailer, they really expected you to do it on the move, as opposed to, say, using your personal MOC to stop the truck with the car trailer in its track
And I can tell that they didn't think you'd do that, on the basis that the three cars that get detached from the trailer end up noclipping through the trailer itself, which also leads you to having to move your MOC away from the truck to make sure you can even get into the Stafford.

Lots of fun today.

Logged into a session with my friend looking for something exciting :mischievous: We found our guy: Rank 891, KDR of 70.91, location: Vespucci Beach.

We left Maze Tower on our broomsticks and headed for Hangar A17, where I got my Starling and he got his Rouge Rogue. Him and his buddy got bombed twice each. Said buddy managed to land an RPG on me and caused me to lose control and... slam the Starling into his ugly face for another kill :>

One obliteration and a laughing fit later, mr. Tryhard was fighting some organization downtown, so I parked my Terrorbyte nearby, flew the drone over to him and blew him up while he danced with his marksman rifle. Felt good. :D

Also some other stuff, like a really heated business battle where we somehow ended up getting one crate each, and me getting a double kill with the drone detonation :P

A few tips I've learnt reading up on the subject of nightclubs and nightclub warehouse procurement...

If you want to pay 10k to rebook a different DJ to increase popularity do it from the computer in your nightclub storage garage to avoid the DJ swap over cut scene and the subsequent slow walk back through the club

If, like me, you have your warehouse techs set up to procure goods to sell and grow impatient, it's handy to go AFK while you're off living real life and let your stock build up.

However if you go AFK watching the TV or security cameras in a session you will still get charged daily property and staff fees but if you start a rockstar mission ***NOT*** as a CEO or MC and watch TV in your office or other properties you don't get charged daily fees and let's face it daily fees suck.

:)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Oppressor MkII is faster than the Hydra/Lazer when using the boost exploit?
Fastest vehicle in the game. The Hydra speed glitch can just about keep up with the Oppressor MkII doing the speed glitch.

Best way to get around....until it's patched

Fastest vehicle in the game. The Hydra speed glitch can just about keep up with the Oppressor MkII doing the speed glitch.

Best way to get around....until it's patched

Nice. Although the OM2 is a pain to land and it can nose dive into water unlike the Deluxo.

..I realise I'm beating a horse that's been dead for the past five years or so (has it really been that long since GTA V launched?), so consider this your chance to re-ignore this comment before.. "things" happen.. and yes, since you have now been warned, I cannot be held responsible for any emotinal distress you may feel if you're reading the rest, but oh boy, do I look forward to hearing from those of you who feel that I am somehow responsible..

..but you gotta love them clickbaiters. It's the lack of imagination that gets me every single time. Oh yeah, and props to the YouTube algorithms for bringing this to my attention, courtesy of them somehow ending up in my recommended box.

First up, the concept of a "September Update". Wait, I thought this was GTA, not GT Spo- Let's take a moment to remind ourselves of the R* update cycle as of pretty much forever. It goes something along the lines of there being about 3 months between updates. After Hours was only released in late July. Do the maths. And now consider the amount of stuff still left un-dripfed. Do you expect them to drop the ten(?) old-cars-with-new-stuff all at once? I could maybe see them doing two at a time because, you know, not so much work after all - but even then, we're talking the middle of October - if not later. Just because they're giving two a week, that doesn't mean they'll give two *every* week. It's happened before.

Secondly, the vehicles, because obviously. Does their creativity extend to such greats as Progen Sienna? Seriously? Of all things possible, that's the one you came up with? Not the Progen Prost, which is both quite GTA in itself and ripe for a "prost-itution" joke, because those are apparently funny? Also supercars that look tackier than a '98 Honda Civic is a good thing, amirite Paga- I mean Zentornoobs, Noobsirises and Noobro Customs of Los Santos? Vigilante Mark Tw- no, actually, that's not a sin on the clickbaiters for once, that one's at least partly on R* too, because we basically know that'll be a thing sooner rather than later, because "new and creative ways of killing people" and so on and so forth.

TL;DR we've entered the Silly Season for GTA Updates, and it's as bad as it's always been, if not worse. Be careful out there.

Also,

This game needs an adversary mode creator.

Yes.

There's the obvious R*-content-vs-player-content aspect to it, but.. I've beaten three dead horses already, and it's not as if the point is particularly hard to miss.

tackier than a '98 Honda Civic

How dare you sir, the Civic EK9 is a fine automobile :P

I actually thought they would dump the new liveries all at once. Didn't really give it a second thought since the main parts of the update (clubs/terrorbyte/opp.2) were the things that grabbed most of the attention. Not saying a decent chunk of the community aren't somewhat excited by the liveries of course.

I forgot the exact release order, but iirc, there's text strings saying that they're gonna be releasing two cars a week. I'll have to check again to be sure.

Back